How to cancel Legion pre-order ?

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 15 Next
08/04/2016 19:04Posted by Coffinrot
08/04/2016 12:28Posted by Rickröss
Legion will most likely be another WoD

And so will sound the death knell for WoW.

Legion is WoW's last chance saloon after Wod an expansion whose paucity of content was staggering.

yeah if they fail with legion they might start rethinking the whole strategy on other games aswell , maybe HS with subs or diablo 3?

the income from wow will be so reduced that it might be F2P and all class abilities are now learned in the game shop by a cost of 49.99€
All of them filthy capitalists in this thread, giving me the taste of puke in my mouth. Keep supporting these ridiculous ideals and company actions, soon you will painting their nails like slaves. Capitalism is a sin.
Indeed seeing how people are fine with companies bossing and screwing em over is beyond me.
08/04/2016 19:12Posted by Hurgo
All of them filthy capitalists in this thread, giving me the taste of puke in my mouth. Keep supporting these ridiculous ideals and company actions, soon you will painting the nails of the chairmen like slaves.
Indeed seeing how people are fine with companies bossing and screwing em over is beyond me.

Alright, comrade.
08/04/2016 18:23Posted by Pherousa
They are in the right shutting it down because it's their property.

Ofc they are right to shut it down and it so happens it happend at the same time as NoS started asking players for money to play on it so they where going to basically make money off blizzards work how hard is that for you to understand ?

They stole code and they where going to charge people to use it it deserved to be slammed down .
08/04/2016 18:12Posted by Demigon
People cried and whined 12 years ago, just like they do now, Very little has changed and people respect Blizzard as much now as they did back then.
You might not however.

Beg to differ. More and more people are unhappy with Blizzard....hence the declining subs.
08/04/2016 17:54Posted by Topaz
I don't mind people having different tastes, but threatening to boycott Blizzard, making countless threads of the exact same topic - many of them pointless and lacking any constructive side - when Blizzard had the legal right (and perhaps moral, arguably) to do this is just absurd.

Depriving a company of your custom is actually the most reasonable course of action to take if you are displeased with them for some reason. I don't see why it's an absurd thing to do.
08/04/2016 19:16Posted by Funkybacon
I don't mind people having different tastes, but threatening to boycott Blizzard, making countless threads of the exact same topic - many of them pointless and lacking any constructive side - when Blizzard had the legal right (and perhaps moral, arguably) to do this is just absurd.

Depriving a company of your custom is actually the most reasonable course of action to take if you are displeased with them for some reason. I don't see why it's an absurd thing to do.

^ this.
08/04/2016 12:23Posted by Pherousa
Then blizzard shuts down those servers purely out of greed.

You lot can't have it both ways, they are shutting down private servers purely out of greed yet they don't capitulate to our suggestions for the game in spite of the "fact" that their motive is greed.
So what your saying is that if a court does not reach the outcome that YOU want, you should take any problem into your own hands, im sorry but somehow i dont think that philosophy would work out too well.

The simple fact is there are MMOs out there with similar systems to what those people want, take RIFT for example which has pretty much all of the flaws of old wow and even the old talent tree system with a bunch of improvements.
08/04/2016 19:50Posted by Stalima
So what your saying is that if a court does not reach the outcome that YOU want, you should take any problem into your own hands, im sorry but somehow i dont think that philosophy would work out too well.

What are you even talking about, the topic at hand was about not using a service if you don't like the entity providing it.
08/04/2016 19:52Posted by Wwhelp
08/04/2016 19:50Posted by Stalima

What are you even talking about, the topic at hand was about not using a service if you don't like the entity providing it.

i pressed quote on the wrong post originally, was meant to be the mage right above talking about them shutting down private servers out of greed
08/04/2016 19:55Posted by Stalima
08/04/2016 19:52Posted by Wwhelp

i pressed quote on the wrong post originally, was meant to be the mage right above talking about them shutting down private servers out of greed

Oh ok
08/04/2016 19:16Posted by Funkybacon

Because of the very reason for it, that's why it's absurd.

They acted well within their rights, and the law concerning their intellectual property. If they had treated their playerbase poorly then I would understand, but when it affects the playerbase of an illegal private server that has taken all their assets then it's a different story.

As I said earlier, it's the property of Blizzard, and it should only be Blizzard that hosts it in any form.
But we ALL know that it is in their rights to do so ... Stop with that argument ! Meaning you have to right to do something it doesn't mean you HAD to do it.

Blizzard shutted down a server providing a service they no longer provide. Blizzard (at the moment) is not planning on providing such a service. This is the real reason of this "uproar". The most known youtubers made some videos about it, many articles have been written, even in FORBES !
Can you please dig in more instead of claiming the obvious and missing the point ?
i really wish that was an option but the only thread where that is allowed is the Classic realm(s) Thread which has gone pretty much to !@#$ by now, everything else gets deleted because it doesn't follow the community guidelines. its just a matter of time before this gets deleted as well
08/04/2016 20:23Posted by Parandar
But we ALL know that it is in their rights to do so ... Stop with that argument ! Meaning you have to right to do something it doesn't mean you HAD to do it.

Blizzard shutted down a server providing a service they no longer provide. Blizzard (at the moment) is not planning on providing such a service. This is the real reason of this "uproar". The most known youtubers made some videos about it, many articles have been written, even in FORBES !
Can you please dig in more instead of claiming the obvious and missing the point ?
Stop with what, the valid argument? No thank you.

Private servers don't affect me personally too much, but I can certainly understand why Blizzard put a stop to them. Reasons including money, intellectual property being used for something that isn't a Blizzard product, risk of trademark and names being put to something they have no control over.

I think you missed the point that it's Blizzards game, and it's up to them how they handle it, it's not up to you is it?

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing that vanilla servers are a good idea or not, that's not my place to say. I can see why people liked Nostalrius - I get that. In the end however, as enjoyable as it may have been for people, it is still ripping off Blizzards game. Whether they lose money or not, it's their hard work gone into something that someone else is just taking from them and possibly even getting credit for.

If classic servers do become a thing, then it should be the decision of the creators of the game and not anyone else, not even their biggest fans.
08/04/2016 17:20Posted by Pherousa
Then why dont shut down all the other private servers that are out there. They are also stealing all the code.

They are doing that, but you know, Rome wasn't built in a single day.

People are getting so angry just because one popular private server got taken down while Blizzard has been on a crusade to get rid of them for years.
08/04/2016 19:03Posted by Hairira
08/04/2016 18:21Posted by Ellesencia
But piracy is fine?

I don't know. If the product isn't available any longer then i'm not sure it can be called piracy as you aren't copying a current product that hinders a retail sales price. Vanilla WoW and WoD are so vastly different in the design that they hardly can be called the same game.

Piracy is not a matter of how old things..

And even if you take a 40 year old movie and pirate it, it is still piracy.
it is still against the law if the the company has the rights to said movie.

Guess what now?

World of warcraft's rights still belong to Blizzard to entertainment their license is still active so it is piracy.
08/04/2016 21:10Posted by Sariku
08/04/2016 19:03Posted by Hairira

I don't know. If the product isn't available any longer then i'm not sure it can be called piracy as you aren't copying a current product that hinders a retail sales price. Vanilla WoW and WoD are so vastly different in the design that they hardly can be called the same game.

Guess what now?

World of warcraft's rights still belong to Blizzard to entertainment their license is still active so it is piracy.

I don't think the majority of people complaining about this tries to deny Blizzard's right to their intellectual property.
What bugs me personally is that people have asked over, over and over again for legacy servers and they've outright said no because people will not show any interest in it.
And now we had Nostalrius to prove them wrong that people are interested in it, and then Blizzard decides to shut them down because it became too popular.
I think people are hoping for Blizzard to understand that now they have actual proof and statistics to show that people are interested in legacy servers. However, I have my doubt that we'll ever see an official version.
It seems weird, since Jagex came to their senses and listened to the community and introduced 2007scape. Surely Blizzard can't be blind? Even from a money standpoint it makes sense to introduce legacy servers.
08/04/2016 21:31Posted by Ezzpify
08/04/2016 21:10Posted by Sariku

Guess what now?

I don't think the majority of people complaining about this tries to deny Blizzard's right to their intellectual property.
What bugs me personally is that people have asked over, over and over again for legacy servers and they've outright said no because people will not show any interest in it.
And now we had Nostalrius to prove them wrong that people are interested in it, and then Blizzard decides to shut them down because it became too popular.
I think people are hoping for Blizzard to understand that now they have actual proof and statistics to show that people are interested in legacy servers. However, I have my doubt that we'll ever see an official version.
It seems weird, since Jagex came to their senses and listened to the community and introduced 2007scape. Surely Blizzard can't be blind? Even from a money standpoint it makes sense to introduce legacy servers.
If it's any consolation, I'm sure the amount of outcry after Nostalrius was shut down would have rattled their cages somewhat.

Maybe it'll push them to create classic servers, maybe it won't. Time will tell.