How to cancel Legion pre-order ?

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 15 Next
Legion pre order cancelled.. £50 quid on its way back to me :D
08/04/2016 21:31Posted by Ezzpify
I don't think the majority of people complaining about this tries to deny Blizzard's right to their intellectual property.
What bugs me personally is that people have asked over, over and over again for legacy servers and they've outright said no because people will not show any interest in it.
And now we had Nostalrius to prove them wrong that people are interested in it, and then Blizzard decides to shut them down because it became too popular.
I think people are hoping for Blizzard to understand that now they have actual proof and statistics to show that people are interested in legacy servers. However, I have my doubt that we'll ever see an official version.
It seems weird, since Jagex came to their senses and listened to the community and introduced 2007scape. Surely Blizzard can't be blind? Even from a money standpoint it makes sense to introduce legacy servers.

You seem to ignore the fact that this server was free to play.

and it only managed 150.000 players.

yes like 800k registered accounts..

now picture how much those numbers will fall if you've to pay for said product on a monthly sub.

second creating a legacy server would split up the players and possible kill off the game in the process.

Unless there can be shown a case of high popularity with -subs- to a classic server.

Blizzard is still correct that it is not worth it compared to millions of active players.

150.000 players is not enough to keep a business going.

Private servers can show their numbers because they're Free to play and costs nothing on your side.

a minority of the player base asks for Classic servers.
so there is indeed no business in said server.

No matter how many types you yell wolf it won't change that Blizzard 100% has a much better idea of what is worth investing in or not, they're the fastest growing video-game company in our time.

they've people educated and trained to keep track of this.
and they're aware from other games that opened ''legacy'' servers that it is a death sentence for an MMORPG:
08/04/2016 11:59Posted by Hurgo
08/04/2016 11:47Posted by Lswindrunner

A refund for the greatest xpac in the history of the universe ?

Blizzard's actions have lead to people wanting a refund, some due to recent shutdown of Nostalrius, some for design of Legion...each for their own.

I hate the game at this point, but certain things in Legion im hyped about so, thats enough to not want a refund for my pre-order ;p

Watching class videos on YouTube, such as Demo lock restore my faith in the game and they have made some radical changes to many classes to give them much more depth than now.

On the other hand, the Ret Paladin has been described as being "like an Arms warrior" by one YouTuber and that saddens me. I levelled up my first main in TBC (ret pala) and as you know the class was way way different then, now it's unrecognisable. Too many spells and not enough variation in the function of those spells nowadays. Each one of our abilities used to serve a specific purpose.
Legion is WoW official funeral!
08/04/2016 20:11Posted by Topaz
Because of the very reason for it, that's why it's absurd.

They acted well within their rights, and the law concerning their intellectual property. If they had treated their playerbase poorly then I would understand, but when it affects the playerbase of an illegal private server that has taken all their assets then it's a different story.

As I said earlier, it's the property of Blizzard, and it should only be Blizzard that hosts it in any form.

Of course, Blizzard have every right to defend their IP, I don't think many are seriously disputing that.

But people can still have a view as to how Blizzard dealt with the situation. Personally I think Blizzard should have offered those guys a job and said okay, you can run an official classic server. Kind of like how tech companies hire former hackers.
It´s their right to shut down the only server that provided us with an authentic classic experience.

It´s our right to cancel our subscriptions and ask for a Legion refund.

Rights are a funny thing.
why people cry over private servers - times change bro get with the future of wow
08/04/2016 22:35Posted by Sariku

they're aware from other games that opened ''legacy'' servers that it is a death sentence for an MMORPG:

Complete rubbish
08/04/2016 23:13Posted by Ifrian
It´s their right to shut down the only server that provided us with an authentic classic experience.

15k people online was around 6 times more than a full server back in Vanilla, which trivialises all of the quests as there is always groups around, and makes finding groups for dungeons piss easy. It also means one guild per realm doesnt monopolise all of the good geared raiders. Not to mention people are far more knowledgable about classes now than most were back then.

The point is, that is not an authentic experience.

The second point however, is true. You have the right to cancel your subscription, ask for a pre-purchase refund and never touch this game again. Do you actually want to turn your back on this game just because Blizzard shut down a realm that was essentially stealing their content? If so, then so be it. That just makes you an idiot, plain and simple.
08/04/2016 23:22Posted by Miylee
08/04/2016 23:13Posted by Ifrian

15k people online was around 6 times more than a full server back in Vanilla, which trivialises all of the quests as there is always groups around, and makes finding groups for dungeons piss easy. It also means one guild per realm doesnt monopolise all of the good geared raiders. Not to mention people are far more knowledgable about classes now than most were back then.

The second point however, is true. You have the right to cancel your subscription, ask for a pre-purchase refund and never touch this game again. Do you actually want to turn your back on this game just because Blizzard shut down a realm that was essentially stealing their content? If so, then so be it. That just makes you an idiot, plain and simple.

Usually, when people call me an idiot, i feel slightly upset.
When it comes from someone as blind with self-righteousness as you, however, i just feel pity.

If you did not have your head so up your own undertail, i would actually bother explaining why we feel how we feel and why this action made us lose faith in Blizzard (Which goes beyond a simple shut down) but it would be a literal waste of time since the likes of you would never even begin the process of understanding something alien to their own convictions.

You honestly have my pity.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Usually, when people call me an idiot, i feel slightly upset.
When it comes from someone as blind with self-righteousness as you, however, i just feel pity.

If you did not have your head so up your own undertail, i would actually bother explaining why we feel how we feel and why this action made us lose faith in Blizzard (Which goes beyond a simple shut down) but it would be a literal waste of time since the likes of you would never even begin the process of understanding something alien to their own convictions.

You honestly have my pity.

And you don't have ours. It's a private server, get over it. If you want to behave like children fine by me but this mass hysteria and whine is just too far. It's a private server GET OVER IT. Blizzard won't change what they've done, Nost was illegal and got shut down. I lost a private server aswell i was playing on but did we whine like kids here on forums and on facebook? No, we moved on to another server. It's a cycle of life and death, stop whine and get over it.
08/04/2016 23:31Posted by Elennia

And you don't have ours. It's a private server, get over it. If you want to behave like children fine by me but this mass hysteria and whine is just too far. It's a private server GET OVER IT. Blizzard won't change what they've done, Nost was illegal and got shut down. I lost a private server aswell i was playing on but did we whine like kids here on forums and on facebook? No, we moved on to another server. It's a cycle of life and death, stop whine and get over it.

Has it occurred to you, even if just for the fraction of a second, that if Nostalrius´s shut down is causing such a "mass, widespread hysteria" unlike any other server shut down, maybe there´s a reason or a number of reasons why??

No, of course it has not occured to you.
still this is going on? getting really old
how hard to understand its illegal
just get over it
08/04/2016 23:22Posted by Lyrehs
08/04/2016 22:35Posted by Sariku

they're aware from other games that opened ''legacy'' servers that it is a death sentence for an MMORPG:

Complete rubbish

Ever-quest is proof of this claim.
Blizzard is not interested in Wow ending up as Ever-quest.
09/04/2016 00:11Posted by Sariku
08/04/2016 23:22Posted by Lyrehs

Complete rubbish

Ever-quest is proof of this claim.
Blizzard is not interested in Wow ending up as Ever-quest.

U do realise that releasing legacy servers prolonged EQ and actually made SoE more money right?
World of Warcraft will die eventually, you can't not recognizing it ... Especially with the drop of subscribers during the last years. If Legion is not working for them as expected, it will be most likely the end of it by the way.

If you take a look of Blizzard's revenue lastly, you will see that WoW no longer provides more than half of their revenue, and hence, as any company would do for a product getting to the end of its life cycle, they would start focusing on another product to appear or at the beginning of its life cycle.

Hearthstones, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storms ; Blizzard-Activision has multiplied the number of games in different genres and it is a first proof that Blizzard is at least thinking to move toward a new direction.
08/04/2016 23:38Posted by Ifrian
Has it occurred to you, even if just for the fraction of a second, that if Nostalrius´s shut down is causing such a "mass, widespread hysteria" unlike any other server shut down, maybe there´s a reason or a number of reasons why??

The only thing I see is immature children being triggered because the server they were playing on illegally was shut down. 99% of all the threads posting about the matter are filled with self-entitled trolls that think they can make an argument against it being shut down.

The amusing thing is that when these people are confronted with cold, hard facts they resort to insulting people to try and make their argument.
08/04/2016 23:29Posted by Ifrian

Get the picture?

Please take your head out of your bum and realize the majority of the people playing Nostalrius would not pay a monthly fee to play on a Vanilla server.

Why? If you look at the recent announcements on Nostalrius it's website you can clearly see that they were not hitting their marks on paying for their server interface, isn't that awkward when you have 150K active users?

As such it is not profitable for Blizzard to make Vanilla servers, it is also not something that the majority of the playerbase currently playing is interested in, and considering how much of a failure WoD was my guess is that they would want to prioritize on this game moving forward to keep their paying customers happy.
09/04/2016 00:46Posted by Vexenar
08/04/2016 23:38Posted by Ifrian

The only thing I see is immature children being triggered because the server they were playing on illegally was shut down. 99% of all the threads posting about the matter are filled with self-entitled trolls that think they can make an argument against it being shut down.

The amusing thing is that when these people are confronted with cold, hard facts they resort to insulting people to try and make their argument.
08/04/2016 23:29Posted by Ifrian

Get the picture?

Please take your head out of your bum and realize the majority of the people playing Nostalrius would not pay a monthly fee to play on a Vanilla server.

Why? If you look at the recent announcements on Nostalrius it's website you can clearly see that they were not hitting their marks on paying for their server interface, isn't that awkward when you have 150K active users?

As such it is not profitable for Blizzard to make Vanilla servers, it is also not something that the majority of the playerbase currently playing is interested in, and considering how much of a failure WoD was my guess is that they would want to prioritize on this game moving forward to keep their paying customers happy.

^ this. sums it up better then i could.

The only thing I see is immature children being triggered because the server they were playing on illegally was shut down. 99% of all the threads posting about the matter are filled with self-entitled trolls that think they can make an argument against it being shut down. .

Thank you for proving my point.

It is kind of cute how you sweethearts think you are giving me a counter-argument when all you are doing is actually proving me right.

Not that i expect you to realize this.