Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
09/04/2016 00:50Posted by Ifrian
Thank you for proving my point.

Thank you for proving mine.
09/04/2016 00:51Posted by Vexenar
09/04/2016 00:50Posted by Ifrian
Thank you for proving my point.

I feel tempted to spell it out for you, but having you beat your own chest like a gorilla is more amusing.
09/04/2016 00:54Posted by Ifrian
09/04/2016 00:51Posted by Vexenar

I feel tempted to spell it out for you, but having you beat your own chest like a gorilla is more amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Pvi1XVm_s sums it up.

The amusing thing is that when these people are confronted with cold, hard facts they resort to insulting people to try and make their argument.
08/04/2016 23:29Posted by Ifrian
When it comes from someone as blind with self-righteousness as you, however, i just feel pity.

Get the picture?

Please take your head out of your bum and realize the majority of the people playing Nostalrius would not pay a monthly fee to play on a Vanilla server.

Why? If you look at the recent announcements on Nostalrius it's website you can clearly see that they were not hitting their marks on paying for their server interface, isn't that awkward when you have 150K active users?

As such it is not profitable for Blizzard to make Vanilla servers, it is also not something that the majority of the playerbase currently playing is interested in, and considering how much of a failure WoD was my guess is that they would want to prioritize on this game moving forward to keep their paying customers happy.

Here are some cold hard facts for you ; what you are asserting on Nostalrius not being able to pay it's own server is wrong. They ask the help from the fans and some fans responded.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403

Page 1 they explained their point of view and stance.
Page 18 for a single example, someone who paid the server. And I know for a fact several people who paid for a 3 months subscription for the server.

I don't know where you get your facts from but at least bring some sort of proof with them. Also, check the videos on youtube and the articles made on many video-games website. (Forbes wrote an article talking about the server shutting down)
09/04/2016 00:55Posted by Elennia
09/04/2016 00:54Posted by Ifrian

The irony is that the character saying that sentence is meant to be close minded, judgmental and unreasonable, so i would agree on that such a video sums it up.

But not in the way you would´ve hoped.
09/04/2016 01:00Posted by Ifrian
09/04/2016 00:55Posted by Elennia

The irony is that the character saying that sentence is meant to be close minded, judgmental and unreasonable, so i would agree on that such a video sums it up.

Just in the way i'd hoped. Considering you people whine like babies over a private server which is illegal shut down. All whining from players on that server won't change a thing. So just drop it and get a life.
09/04/2016 01:08Posted by Elennia

Just in the way i'd hoped. Considering you people whine like babies over a private server which is illegal shut down. All whining from players on that server won't change a thing. So just drop it and get a life.

"Get a life". You sure showed them.
09/04/2016 01:08Posted by Elennia

Says the person that whines about other people whining.
You are like a sad, little bundle of irony.
I played nostalrius while i had wod+legion bought and an active sub. And i belive most people has the same case, Blizztard is just being it's greedjewself as usual.
So you want a refund for something that is completely unrelated to the private server incident, and something that has the potential to be rather good? That's like wanting a refund for a legitimately purchased PS4 after the company that produces them has a group of PS4 bootleggers shut down. It makes absolutely no sense.
08/04/2016 13:19Posted by Shammoz
The OP's question has been asked and answered, lets not have yet another thread turn into a debate about private servers...... pretty please....

i think we should
The real question is why are classic WoW servers so popular right now?

During a massive content draught.

It's an obvious thing to happen. What else are people to do to pass the time between this and Legion?

But eh, we'll never know. Blizzard may have turned many people from pre-ordering Legion because of this, which is sad.

But I hope Legion is so awesome none of this will matter soon.
09/04/2016 02:06Posted by Neps
But I hope Legion is so awesome none of this will matter soon.

So do I, but from what I've seen so far, pruning and all, I'm not optimistic to say the least.
08/04/2016 13:40Posted by Intuitia
08/04/2016 13:34Posted by Boush
I do not like the corporate direction Blizz is going. They should provide for those people, imo. Not shut them down.

A corporation going in a corporate direction? How outragous is that! Not to mention they should provide the servers for the pirates so quality is assured? Might aswell give them all the code while we are at it! gotta make sure they provide, not shut down!

Modern thinking is that rather than being product oriented, companies should be customer and even more importantly customer relationship management oriented. This is not a great way to do things.

Not to mention you can be a good guy and still make profit. But for them it seems to have gone from "making best games in the world" priority to "Maximium profit", which, funnily, doesn't maximize profits.

What I meant with provide is that rather than shut down servers with lawsuit, they should provide people with vanilla/x expansion servers for those people who enjoy running the said content.

I don't get how can you be a MVP and be this clueless honestly. It's as if basic economics was completely amiss for you.
09/04/2016 02:24Posted by Boush
What I meant with provide is that rather than shut down servers with lawsuit, they should provide people with vanilla/x expansion servers for those people who enjoy running the said content.
No they should not since it completely defeats their philosophy that they established prior to the first expansion. Moving forwards and not dwelling onto the past. Even more so that it would cater to a niche market, the effort might not be worthy.
So not only they have not obligation to provide, but conversely they have obligation to tackle the infringement against their intellectual property.
Not only people over- exaggerate the profits Blizzard could make, since it would require for them to create at least 30 server, but also over exaggerate the amount of people interested by legacy servers.
If Blizzard we're to release a prior expansion based server such a wotlk running on 3.3.5b the playerbase would find something to start crying about. A good example would be warriors with over 120% armor penetration with shadowmourne that was well broken to say the least.

Or if we're going to take vanilla players would cry on the fact that DR didnt even exist back then not to mention warrior, paladin and even shaman one hitting you once they got procs which was very often. And all the other things that wasnt balanced and even broken with vanilla

I could keep going with the rest of the expansions but I see no point..
Besides 90% of private servers fake their online numbers : ) Which Nostalrius did aswell during their first few months which was proven

TL:DR People are always going to find something to cry about wherever its the current expansion or a older expansion.. We do not need older versions of the game, adapt to the current game or quit playing and find a game that suits you
08/04/2016 22:35Posted by Sariku
a minority of the player base asks for Classic servers.
so there is indeed no business in said server.

Really? What kind of logic is that?
People that have aids are a minority too, so lets stop producing meds for them. No business there at all.
Top kek m8

08/04/2016 22:35Posted by Sariku
No matter how many types you yell wolf it won't change that Blizzard 100% has a much better idea of what is worth investing in or not, they're the fastest growing video-game company in our time.

Blizzard knows best huh? Just like they knew best about this too, right?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
Oh wait..

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even gonna bother, to be honest just do some research.. go on /r/wowservers or some !@#$ and add up the real numbers, you're comparing a 1 year old single,
unofficial, illegal wow private server to blizzard's official servers. That more than compensates for the fact that it was free. Believe me, most people on Nost wouldn't have given a %^-* if they had to pay a fee.

Since you really seem to like unfair comparisons of statistics, I decided to add my own!
2006scape had about 400k accounts (compared to the literally over 100 million accounts signed up on retail RS) before it was shut down, followed by Jagex's own official legacy servers.
And guess what? The official servers were such a success that they even overtook the main game in terms of population. Funny isn't it.

And to everyone spouting !@#$ like 'blaaaah, illegal!, blaah, thieves!' GG on missing the entire point.
Maybe you should just log off at this point.

This blizzdrone hivemind is driving me nuts..
09/04/2016 03:00Posted by Nodoka
]We do not need older versions of the game, adapt to the current game or quit playing and find a game that suits you

QFT
08/04/2016 13:19Posted by Shammoz
The OP's question has been asked and answered, lets not have yet another thread turn into a debate about private servers...... pretty please....

Why is this 7 pages~

Sorry to post in this blatantly crap thread. But on the terms of pre-orders themselves, don't pre-order games it is that simple. Companies are selling you things before they exist on faith, don't do it, it is that simple.

If you can't play the game yet don't buy the game yet, luckily Blizzard aren't offering "special rewards" for pre-ordering like many other "Triple A" companies so there is no disgusting pre-order bonuses to entice you. Therefore there is literally no reason what-so-ever to pre-order the game.

Wait until 1 day before Legion is live, then you can download it in time to play it as soon as it comes out. That is how you should pre-order games if you really want to play them ASAP as you can't possibly play the bloody thing before then so there is no point.

I accept this type of 1 day early pre-order for World of Warcraft since this is a game you ideally want to be able to play on day 1 to begin working towards your raiding content, since you don't want to fall behind. But I would say this is the only type of game worth pre-ordering as it has a valid reason to do so to be allowed to play it ASAP once it is downloaded. For all other games especially single player games in the games industry say "no" to pre-orders!

There, that is pre-orders talked about. Now please lock this bloody thread since it is ridiculous and the answer was given by the first reply...
Why did they shut down Nostalrius?
--- With like 800.000account and 150.000active accounts from a privat server come from nothing, in just a few months, they getting scared... but they didnt do much more then get THEIR game back to life, for BLIZZARD FANBOYS, cause BLIZZARD REFUSE it since ages, anyway how many people ask how often during all the time...
They didnt get money from it, they didnt do many changes, they just want to realize a dream for so many people... so many years of timeinvesting, so much effort, actually it cost them money for the server and what is Blizzards answer? They didnt even TALK to them, just go straight over the law...

Blizzard didnt only treat them like sh it, cause they love Blizzard games, they treat the full community the same way and without any respect.
Its another mile stone that they slowly dig their own grave...

I cant even understand why they didnt TALK to them... many people would pay 5€/month, or more, to play on this Classic Server... so give a piece... no, give blizzard ALL the money.... they get profit from doing NOTHING at all, while the community is happy => win-win situation?!
But no, bully around and show their strength is more fun, but most of this people are very soon very lonly.

Blizzard is a falling star and iam not mad about them... iam just very sad and disappointed.