Can we please, for one expansion....

General
1 2 3 8 Next
...be the nameless heroes we once were?

Tired of being "the chosen one", it poorly fits into an MMORPG anyways.

It is totally contradictory that we are supposed to feel like special snowflakes and even have guards bow down to us when there are people all over the place swinging their shiny Ashbringers and experiencing THE EXACT SAME THING. I can't help but cringe every time I see that text bubble over NPC's head praising me like I am the best thing that happened to Azeroth... and then again and again whenever I log on to any of my alts.

Artifact weapons and random legendary items will completely destroy fantasy and immersion aspects of the game. I got no idea who thought of this and I got no idea what kind of person would like to experience this.

Can we please get none of this bull in the future expansions? Can we please just get a few dragons to slay and praise eachother for accomplishments instead of game doing it for us?

I feel the downvote storm approaching, atleast leave a comment why you think current thing is good for the game if you disagree with my opinion.

Thanks for reading, The Nameless Hero
No sorry you will play what blizzard thinks you want to play as. You think you want what you just said but you really don't.

End of discussion.

edit. It's an inside joke for who doesn't get it. I am not being serious >.<
Here's one to leave out there, if we are such huge champions, why can't we take those who follow and defect to the other faction?
The whole "Chosen One" thing works in SWTOR, not so much here.

We may be heroes, and I am fine with that... But I never wanted to be THE hero. The go-to guy when stuff goes wrong.

"Hey! A dragon is destroying our village! Get Hillfoot!"

"Hey! Someone took my sock! GET HILLFOOT!"

I miss finding lost socks...
Hello Champion in all epic gear! I see you have ashbringer, please get me 10 pristine rabbit tails and I give you 10 gold and much xp!

scnr :)
Next expansion we become Titans.
The Mission Tables will be 3D star maps!
14/04/2016 12:41Posted by Deepsheep
It is totally contradictory that we are supposed to feel like special snowflakes and even have guards bow down to us when there are people all over the place swinging their shiny Ashbringers and experiencing THE EXACT SAME THING. I can't help but cringe every time I see that text bubble over NPC's head praising me like I am the best thing that happened to Azeroth... and then again and again whenever I log on to any of my alts.

It's a massive multiplayer online world, but the story experience is individual. So even though there's 5 people around me all wielding Ashbringer, then as far as my story experience goes, then it's only me who's wielding it.

It's always been like that. Even though some dude had just been in the throne room and exposed Lady Prestor, then as far as my story experience was concerned, it didn't happen until I exposed her.

Can we please get none of this bull in the future expansions? Can we please just get a few dragons to slay and praise eachother for accomplishments instead of game doing it for us?

Where's the fun in that?
You want a few dragons and then what? You want to be slaying Boars, Gnolls and Murlocs for the rest of the time? Really?
I can't help but cringe every time I see that text bubble over NPC's head praising me like I am the best thing that happened to Azeroth... and then again and again whenever I log on to any of my alts.

They know that you are the same girl/guy that was there a minute ago, showing up disguised as someone else. They don't question your reasons to show up suddenly as a Tauren warrior (or whatever). They accept that you are strange, so they greet you cordially and play along.

('You' as player in general.)
No sorry you will play what blizzard thinks you want to play as. You think you want what you just said but you really don't.

End of discussion.

edit. It's an inside joke for who doesn't get it. I am not being serious >.<

Yeah, its hard to tell whether Blizz fanboys downvoted you or the forum whiteknights that get triggered on cocky responses.
Are you saying I'm not the chosen one? :'(
14/04/2016 13:10Posted by Jito

It's a massive multiplayer online world, but the story experience is individual. So even though there's 5 people around me all wielding Ashbringer, then as far as my story experience goes, then it's only me who's wielding it.

It's always been like that. Even though some dude had just been in the throne room and exposed Lady Prestor, then as far as my story experience was concerned, it didn't happen until I exposed her.

Where's the fun in that?
You want a few dragons and then what? You want to be slaying Boars, Gnolls and Murlocs for the rest of the time? Really?

Are you serious? Is pretending stuff just didn't happen fun for you? In real life its called being delusional and its an illness, not something to be encouraged, like WoW does.
Not sure how legendaries will destroy the immersion aspect of the game.

The legendary items will be one aspect, among thousands of aspects in WoW. Legendaries don't affect the environment for example, which for me, is the biggest part of the immersion.

I watched the initial frost DK legendary quest, looks great and i was sucked into it from the start.
14/04/2016 13:19Posted by Deepsheep
Are you serious? Is pretending stuff just didn't happen fun for you? In real life its called being delusional and its an illness, not something to be encouraged, like WoW does.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the story experience and the way it works?
Jito, I think that's the only way to think about without going crazy but there is a point where you look around and say "why are there 7 Ashbringers around here? Have those Dupers figured out how to do it again?"
We are the chosen ones, 4 million chosen ones. We have vanquished foes of unimaginable powers, demi gods, demons and undead! Though when i join in for Shadowfang keep, i get talked down by a worgen about how easy it is to pick a lock but i'm not able to open a damn door myself!
Oh and lets not forget that even tho we got an army of "followers" at our disposal, we still go mining/herbing/skinning ourselves. So much sense and immersion in fantasy right there. I am not saying gathering professions should be changed, its the other way around, we should still be forced to do "dirty work" for our gold, this whole "chosen one" shenanigans just doesn't fit with gathering professions. I am the GREAT COMMANDER afterall, am I expected to mine in a dirty slag mines ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
14/04/2016 13:21Posted by Dottie
Jito, I think that's the only way to think about without going crazy but there is a point where you look around and say "why are there 7 Ashbringers around here? Have those Dupers figured out how to do it again?"

Not really. I mean, if it's odd for you today, then I don't know how you've lasted playing the game for this long :D

Back in Vanilla, my guild managed to complete several Thunderfury legendaries. We had one night where we summoned Thunderaan twice in a row! We killed him, summoned him again, and killed him again, and ended up with two guys wilding the legendary Thunderfury!

Did that break the story experience? No, because the storyline is individual to each player. The fact that we're playing in a massive multiplayer online space doesn't change that fact. And the fact that we can see a repeat of a storyline we've already completed is no different from how you can turn pages back in a book and discover that the victim is now alive again!

Individual storyline, cronologically told, in a shared space. Simple. Always been this way.
every1 and their mothers are rocking Hellrender or calamity edge.
Same with blackhand, same with the best tier weapons.

several people do TW with the same legendaries.

you guys are really nitpicking abit to much, no?
14/04/2016 13:21Posted by Jito
14/04/2016 13:19Posted by Deepsheep

What do you mean? Are you referring to the story experience and the way it works?

Yes, the whole "story experience" is wrong, we shouldn't be active keylink in the storyline, we should be passive observers and nameless participants. I wouldn't even mind being a key character in the story as far as they make it HARD to complete. They are making it so my granny can pickup WoW and wield a Doomhammer, its just a nonsense joke.

I don't care about story anymore, pvp and faction pride is the only thing that remains SOMEWHAT logical in this game.
14/04/2016 13:27Posted by Jito
Back in Vanilla, my guild managed to complete several Thunderfury legendaries. We had one night where we summoned Thunderaan twice in a row! We killed him, summoned him again, and killed him again, and ended up with two guys wilding the legendary Thunderfury!

You still had to work and spend time to get those legendary swords, though. Unlike now when legendary lore items are handed to everyone in the intro quests.