Can we please, for one expansion....

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
14/04/2016 13:55Posted by Forcemyway
No.
Just, no.
The Ashbringer was cool BECAUSE we couldn't wield it. Because it had mystique, it was legendary and you could see it popping up throughout the lore and knew it was beyond you as a player.
Now it's a freaking joke. And whatever amazing story they really had to say by placing it on our hands could have been told a myriad of other ways.

I really wish people would stop using "we" when talking about things like this. The reason I think Frostmourne and Ashbringer and weapon/gear like them are cool isn't because we couldn't obtain them it's cus they had cool lore, cool looks and I've always wanted to have them due to these things.

I didn't have the chance having the corrupted Ashbringer in vanilla as I started playing in Wrath. So I'm very happy I can now wield a weapon that I think is awesome, got cool lore and cool model.
No sorry you will play what blizzard thinks you want to play as. You think you want what you just said but you really don't.

End of discussion.

edit. It's an inside joke for who doesn't get it. I am not being serious >.<

Well you see, according to many people here, this game was 100 times better during Vanilla and TBC, which is exactly the time in which Blizzard didn't listen to all the QQ.

Which means that before Blizzard listened to all of our QQ, game was better, which means it's better that they don't listen to us and EDIT: design the game as they think it's good, i.e. don't cater to all the QQ. Example is Cataclysm heroics, which were perfect and required team work, but got nerfed due to QQ. If Blizzard didn't listen to us, we would beforced to eventually learn to play like team, and thus eliminate go go go go way of playing.

Regards,
Imm
14/04/2016 13:52Posted by Forcemyway
What really boggles my mind is this. Let's say their stance on the matter is that we've been through too much and the spectacle creep has gone too far for us to still be pesky adventurers with mismatching outfits.
Fine.
This still doesn't explain why we all need to be !@#$%^- Neo.
Why can't we just be part of an elite of champions and adventurers and explorers whose many travels have led them to the expansion content at hand. Why does the narrative have to revolve around us being THE ONE, when we can be ONE OF THE, and still get guards at cities bow down for us.

14/04/2016 13:32Posted by Jito

Gameplay-wise you're the one who mines the ore and picks the herbs. Why? Because it's fun gameplay! People generally like - and always have liked - mining ore and picking herbs.

People liked it when it was part of experiencing the world and facing the dangers that came with that. Fighting over a nod with a member of the opposing faction. Slaying a bear that was sitting its fat *!@# right on your briarthorn. Travelling throughout a zone on your mount and trying to optimize a gathering route.
Now it's basically a prison where you take two steps, right click on something and repeat about 25 times.

This is exactly what I was talking about, bravo! Being ONE OF THE chosen ones fits FAR better in an MMORPG game than just being THE ONE... like everybody else.
14/04/2016 14:17Posted by Allandríel
14/04/2016 13:55Posted by Forcemyway
No.
Just, no.
The Ashbringer was cool BECAUSE we couldn't wield it. Because it had mystique, it was legendary and you could see it popping up throughout the lore and knew it was beyond you as a player.
Now it's a freaking joke. And whatever amazing story they really had to say by placing it on our hands could have been told a myriad of other ways.

I really wish people would stop using "we" when talking about things like this. The reason I think Frostmourne and Ashbringer and weapon/gear like them are cool isn't because we couldn't obtain them it's cus they had cool lore, cool looks and I've always wanted to have them due to these things.

I didn't have the chance having the corrupted Ashbringer in vanilla as I started playing in Wrath. So I'm very happy I can now wield a weapon that I think is awesome, got cool lore and cool model.

Don't you get it? The only reason this weapon is cool because noone had it, to be honest it just looks like an average oversized sword, but the fact that it was UNOBTAINABLE and literally turned your foes into ashes made it so much cooler, you'll see, you will be transmogging that sword 2-3 months after Legion is released when you grow sick and tired of seeing it everywhere.

They basically made legendary weapons common/green
14/04/2016 13:46Posted by Marzón
14/04/2016 13:41Posted by Deepsheep
2- limiting peoples transmog options

You have 36 skins for the weapon plus whatever else you can mog into if anything its more choice

Say that to classes that are getting fist weapons. And generally the weapon type diversity is gone. Unless they make it you can transmog your weapons into any other equippable weapon type, example staff -> dagger, which is highly unlikely to happen.

Also I loved swapping between staff and sword on my frost mage every so often, just to refresh my looks, this option is now gone.
Except we are not heroes because we are not characters. Blizzard doesn't and cannot have the means to create heroes out of us because they can't possibly make CHARACTERS out of us because we are PLAYERS. IN AN MMO.

You're confusing story with gameplay.

Your character is just as much a story entity in the World of Warcraft as Thrall is.
The fact that you're playing your character doesn't change the fact that your character goes through a story narrative that Blizzard have decided upon, just as Thrall does.

14/04/2016 14:39Posted by Deepsheep
This is exactly what I was talking about, bravo! Being ONE OF THE chosen ones fits FAR better in an MMORPG game than just being THE ONE... like everybody else.

What's the difference here exactly?

I would say that in WoD you're not "the one". You're "one of the chosen", because you fight alongside other heroes like Yrel, Durotan, and Khadgar.

Legion seems to be much the same. You're fighting alongside the other heroes. You have your awesome moments, but you're definitely not "the one".

The only true example of "the one" I can think of in WoW would be Thrall becoming the Earth-warder. You acquiring the Ashbringer does not compare to that.

Our characters are accomplished. They're not special like Thrall is.
14/04/2016 14:44Posted by Deepsheep
The only reason this weapon is cool because noone had it

I'm pretty sure I once picked it up in some cellar in Howling Fjord and carried it in my bag for a while, before handing it over to some old dude.

Big deal.
14/04/2016 14:44Posted by Deepsheep
Don't you get it? The only reason this weapon is cool because noone had it, to be honest it just looks like an average oversized sword, but the fact that it was UNOBTAINABLE and literally turned your foes into ashes made it so much cooler, you'll see, you will be transmogging that sword 2-3 months after Legion is released when you grow sick and tired of seeing it everywhere.

Don't you get it? Not everyone thinks that way. I don't care about not being able to obtain weapons, I never in my life thought the doomhammer was a cool weapon at all but according to the way you judge how a weapon is cool I should love it shouldn't I? And yeah, I'll probably mog it if it dosen't fit my set like I do with everything, however as I'm planning on running the judgement set (I'm so original I know) it fits fine and because of that I will use it. When/if I change my transmog set I will use a weapon that it goes with, dosen't mean I dislike the look of my current weapon or that I'm tierd of it. And to be fair, I see everyone running around with the same weapons now that are BiS, how is everyone having the Ashbringer any different from all ret palas having the 2h PvP wep or mythic wep?

Just because you think it was cool because you couldn't obtain it dosen't mean everyone does, I like the lore and I like the model. Those are the two biggest reasons why I like the Ashbringer, has nothing to do with it being unobtainable at all.
14/04/2016 14:50Posted by Jito
Except we are not heroes because we are not characters. Blizzard doesn't and cannot have the means to create heroes out of us because they can't possibly make CHARACTERS out of us because we are PLAYERS. IN AN MMO.

You're confusing story with gameplay.

Your character is just as much a story entity in the World of Warcraft as Thrall is.
The fact that you're playing your character doesn't change the fact that your character goes through a story narrative that Blizzard have decided upon, just as Thrall does.

No you don't get it.
Describe forcemyway's character. You can't. Neither can I, nor blizzard. Because just the fact that she has fought certain enemies and been present during certain events doesn't make her a character. The player "character" isn't a character so that excuse you used (that blizzard likes creating heroes) is null. There is no such hero in the lore, there are only events and enemies and battles that we as players partake in and nothing else.
14/04/2016 12:41Posted by Deepsheep
...be the nameless heroes we once were?

Tired of being "the chosen one", it poorly fits into an MMORPG anyways.

It is totally contradictory that we are supposed to feel like special snowflakes and even have guards bow down to us when there are people all over the place swinging their shiny Ashbringers and experiencing THE EXACT SAME THING. I can't help but cringe every time I see that text bubble over NPC's head praising me like I am the best thing that happened to Azeroth... and then again and again whenever I log on to any of my alts.

Artifact weapons and random legendary items will completely destroy fantasy and immersion aspects of the game. I got no idea who thought of this and I got no idea what kind of person would like to experience this.

Can we please get none of this bull in the future expansions? Can we please just get a few dragons to slay and praise eachother for accomplishments instead of game doing it for us?

I feel the downvote storm approaching, atleast leave a comment why you think current thing is good for the game if you disagree with my opinion.

Thanks for reading, The Nameless Hero

Just shows you can't please everyone. We've always been the nameless hero - you've never been recognized for your triumphs, or had it reflected in any way in world of Warcraft... do you know how incredibly unrealistic that is?

You can't be a nameless hero forever. So you stop a firelands invasion in Molten Core, foil a sinister black dragon plot to control the world in Blackwing Lair, foil a massive old god revival in AQ that would have ended Azeroth's hope of remaining pure and waking up. Stopped an evil group of trolls from summoning a blood god and taking over, then hlated nefarious plans of the Lich Kel'thuzad. you then go to outland, defeat the legion, stop Illidan's bold plan from destroying the lives of all in outland as collateral damage (what you saving if all the people are lost in the process? yes the titan I know, but still), stopped time interference reversing the 3rd war invasion, Rescued the Keepers from the control of another old god and helping them kill it, the second one in a row, a feat the might of the titan armies failed to accomplish. Then you killed the Lich King Arthas and stopped a second worldwide scourge outbreak, not to mention you killed a mad Blackdragon Aspect - Deathwing and foiled a world "apocalypse" orchestrated by the remaining Old god - stop a tyrant and re-emergence of more crazy old god evil, chasing said tyrant to draneor and stop a premature legion invasion in it's stracks

do I need to go on, dude, how long do you think you will remain anonymous? and un-reflected, and still a student of x,y.z? You have Classic and 6 expansions of that, finally in Legion, you actually get your recognition, you stand shoulder to shoulder with the other fixed character heroes like Malfurion, Thall, Khad'gar, Velen, Vereesa, Turalyon, Liandrin Vaneesa etc many of these you have done more than

I found it so weird in MoP starting zone that a person of my accomplishments was considered a my grunt in my own faction's command - it was cute he didn't know who I was, but you can only use that trick so much, there will be times you will be famous, like on Azeroth hello.. but i'm sure when we take trips to Argus, or a new undiscovered continent on Azeroth, while we are there, we won't be that famous - and that's okay.
14/04/2016 14:50Posted by Jito

I would say that in WoD you're not "the one". You're "one of the chosen", because you fight alongside other heroes like Yrel, Durotan, and Khadgar.

[/quote]
Except that isn't true.
Right now, I am THE ONE commander of the alliance, king of the hill at lunarfall.
I am obviously not the only character in the game, I am however THE ONE player character, which is where the issue lies with everyone complaining about this.
Back in vanilla, you'd get engaged in a storyline during your questing experience and so would someone else.
But it didn't matter that you both did the same thing and were thanked for your selfless actions. Because you came and went and it could have been anyone who got involved in that storyline, because you're an outsider in contrast with the NPCs who you interact with.
Now it doesn't matter where I go on draenor. I am always that same commander that theoretically no one else could be. I am greeted as that ONE commander by important NPCs and I have established various other bases, like Lion's Watch where the NPCs still greet me as commander despite the fact that I can spot another 50 "commanders" in the vicinity.
14/04/2016 14:57Posted by Forcemyway
Because just the fact that she has fought certain enemies and been present during certain events doesn't make her a character.

Yes, it does.

One of those brave heroes who helped Tirion defeat the Lich King is your character. That makes your character part of the story and lore of the universe. Blizzard of course go about it in a smart way, just referring to you as a brave hero or a commander or whatever. But it's your character that's being implied (and when I read it, then it's my character).
I disagree, it makes no sense to stay a nameless mob after all the bosses we killed and helped to kill.
It fits our characters progression, and like in any good RPG novel, we get more powerful, we upgrade our equipment and we upgrade our social status too.

From a peasant -> to a peasant = no story progression, sorry.
After playing for 11years + i like being the chosen one and a hero after all irl if your in the forces and still a normal soldier after 11 years ur doing something wrong :P
14/04/2016 14:58Posted by Starstrike
14/04/2016 12:41Posted by Deepsheep
...be the nameless heroes we once were?

Tired of being "the chosen one", it poorly fits into an MMORPG anyways.

It is totally contradictory that we are supposed to feel like special snowflakes and even have guards bow down to us when there are people all over the place swinging their shiny Ashbringers and experiencing THE EXACT SAME THING. I can't help but cringe every time I see that text bubble over NPC's head praising me like I am the best thing that happened to Azeroth... and then again and again whenever I log on to any of my alts.

Artifact weapons and random legendary items will completely destroy fantasy and immersion aspects of the game. I got no idea who thought of this and I got no idea what kind of person would like to experience this.

Can we please get none of this bull in the future expansions? Can we please just get a few dragons to slay and praise eachother for accomplishments instead of game doing it for us?

I feel the downvote storm approaching, atleast leave a comment why you think current thing is good for the game if you disagree with my opinion.

Thanks for reading, The Nameless Hero

Just shows you can't please everyone. We've always been the nameless hero - you've never been recognized for your triumphs, or had it reflected in any way in world of Warcraft... do you know how incredibly unrealistic that is?

You can't be a nameless hero forever. So you stop a firelands invasion in Molten Core, foil a sinister black dragon plot to control the world in Blackwing Lair, foil a massive old god revival in AQ that would have ended Azeroth's hope of remaining pure and waking up. Stopped an evil group of trolls from summoning a blood god and taking over, then hlated nefarious plans of the Lich Kel'thuzad. you then go to outland, defeat the legion, stop Illidan's bold plan from destroying the lives of all in outland as collateral damage (what you saving if all the people are lost in the process? yes the titan I know, but still), stopped time interference reversing the 3rd war invasion, Rescued the Keepers from the control of another old god and helping them kill it, the second one in a row, a feat the might of the titan armies failed to accomplish. Then you killed the Lich King Arthas and stopped a second worldwide scourge outbreak, not to mention you killed a mad Blackdragon Aspect - Deathwing and foiled a world "apocalypse" orchestrated by the remaining Old god - stop a tyrant and re-emergence of more crazy old god evil, chasing said tyrant to draneor and stop a premature legion invasion in it's stracks

do I need to go on, dude, how long do you think you will remain anonymous? and un-reflected, and still a student of x,y.z? You have Classic and 6 expansions of that, finally in Legion, you actually get your recognition, you stand shoulder to shoulder with the other fixed character heroes like Malfurion, Thall, Khad'gar, Velen, Vereesa, Turalyon, Liandrin Vaneesa etc many of these you have done more than

I found it so weird in MoP starting zone that a person of my accomplishments was considered a my grunt in my own faction's command - it was cute he didn't know who I was, but you can only use that trick so much, there will be times you will be famous, like on Azeroth hello.. but i'm sure when we take trips to Argus, or a new undiscovered continent on Azeroth, while we are there, we won't be that famous - and that's okay.

YOU didn't do any of that.
A group of adventurers did all that, and in fact they always had a lot of help from various factions and established heroes of the warcraft lore.

YOU didn't do jack !@#$, you went back 3 years later and killed deathwing for a mount. You didn't stop any invasions and didn't bring down any tyrants.
The lore of the game doesn't revolve around YOU and YOU are not an important character. That is only a recent misconception.

The story of the game and the various storylines we engage in serve only as a backdrop to stage the epic adventurers that are necessary for an rpg.
And because this isn't just an rpg but an MMO rpg, WE don't matter at all on an individual level, so that we can conveniently be mere grunts every time another expansion rolls by.
14/04/2016 15:04Posted by Jito
14/04/2016 14:57Posted by Forcemyway
Because just the fact that she has fought certain enemies and been present during certain events doesn't make her a character.

Yes, it does.

One of those brave heroes who helped Tirion defeat the Lich King is your character. That makes your character part of the story and lore of the universe. Blizzard of course go about it in a smart way, just referring to you as a brave hero or a commander or whatever. But it's your character that's being implied (and when I read it, then it's my character).

Omg are you just pretending at this point?

How can I make it more simple for you?
Tirion is stern and honorable and devout or whatever.
The Lich King is sinister and a great podracer.
Thrall is also very honorable and just but he also is often overcome with doubts.

What is forcemyway????

NOT
A
CHARACTER
14/04/2016 15:14Posted by Forcemyway
What is forcemyway????

Whatever you make her to be.
14/04/2016 15:14Posted by Forcemyway
Omg are you just pretending at this point?

Seriously calm down before you hurt yourself you have no right to tell others what they can or can not be just as they can not to you ,at the end of the day its a game made for us to escape from real life for a while if people want to be a hero let them if you do not want to be one so be it .Carry on with your world and let the others do the same .
14/04/2016 15:11Posted by Forcemyway
YOU didn't do jack !
Ok, so what did we do for ten years? And if you're right, where is the fun in playing characters who don"t do "jack" and thus are useless nobodies?
14/04/2016 13:29Posted by Necrofenix
every1 and their mothers are rocking Hellrender or calamity edge.
Same with blackhand, same with the best tier weapons.

several people do TW with the same legendaries.

you guys are really nitpicking abit to much, no?

Of course they are. It doesn't really matter what Blizzard does, someone alwasy finds something to compain about.
If we were to be these "nameless heroes" again, people would complain that we wern't part of the story like we used to be.