Argent Dawn General Gnome Thread #195

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
29/04/2016 07:29Posted by Zatlenn
Do you guys think there is racism among demons? Do doomguards think they are objectively better than Sayaad?

I don't think there's racism, but it's probably heavy on elitism. Doomguards are more powerful than imps, which makes them (in the eyes of demons) better. Power is probably the only thing that really matters.
29/04/2016 07:57Posted by Dewînîaeth
http://imgur.com/d5QxwnN

No words, just dreams.

Quote before deleting.
Power and intelligence, of course.

The smarter the demon the higher ranked they usually are, with the exception of the annihilans. Smart people are appreciated in the Legion! Join today.

Also Sargeras did have a fuss about his legion being mostly brainless and getting Archi and Killy to help him out.
Puh! That feeling of death in your hand when you've been drawing for four hours straight.
29/04/2016 06:26Posted by Korgosh

People grow up being told that bigger is better, and being "better" than others in roleplay is being a special snowflake, and being a special snowflake will most likely have you ignored.

People are, in fact, silly.

God forbid roleplayers using their imagination using the tools Blizzard put in the game.

All of this included in this morning for me: my Worgen druid is big yes but that is because he is not human. Does it give me extra powers, an extra edge in battle, in RP; no, not unless you count bigger target as a good thing for him.

Would it kill people to judge on RP rather than use of items for once?

/endrant

Okay... I'm going to draw something today to chill out. Anyone want a free, basic character portrait?

For a fact, worgen are already extremely strong in lore. Growth potion or not, a worgen could pretty much rip any of the Alliance races apart. Being bigger or not won't change that either way.

If anything, everyone else needs a growth potion to at least stand some height chances against a worgen.

Also, depending on what you feel like drawing and what you want to train on, I request classic looking Sulfuras.
29/04/2016 08:02Posted by Lilklippan
Puh! That feeling of death in your hand when you've been drawing for four hours straight.

"But I just have to do a little bit more and it'll be finished! Oh... I could add that too, it won't take long."

Cue hours of agony afterwards.

Edit: Rest now! Even just for a half hour!
Just watched Lucy and err.. yeah dunno, 100% brain thingiemajiggy definitely wont let you travel in time :/
Growth potion or not, a worgen could pretty much rip any of the Alliance races apart

With the possible exception of the draenei. A subject of endless debate.
29/04/2016 08:09Posted by Throatripper
Growth potion or not, a worgen could pretty much rip any of the Alliance races apart

With the possible exception of the draenei. A subject of endless debate.

I'd probably say yes, worgen are far stronger and faster. If we take armour and weapon into debate, or even other powers such as the Light or Shamanism, worgen can wield such or similar powers too.

Have yet to see a Draenei lift a caravan and throw it around.
Not to mention that Worgen have those nasty claws and fangs.
Morning folk, sup?
29/04/2016 08:21Posted by Fuse
Morning folk, sup?

At work, watching stacks of newspaper making their way down a rubber band path.

Getting paid by sitting still as always.
I sadly don't know how serious Blizz was about that carriage throwing fight, or if the guy was exceptional at maining a worgen or if all of them can do that stuff.
29/04/2016 08:53Posted by Throatripper
I sadly don't know how serious Blizz was about that carriage throwing fight, or if the guy was exceptional at maining a worgen or if all of them can do that stuff.

It is a quest in the game, so I can't see it as anything else but canon.

Also, we see worgen jumping from roof to roof and whatnot in the Gilneas starting zone, they jump ridiculous long distances. They also have improved senses like hearing, sight, smell etc.
Oh, that I don't debate at all. It happened, that worgen clearly threw a carriage. But can all of them do that, or just him? Was magic involved or not? Why hasn't Genn thrown a carriage? Why wasn't Gilneas saved by the art of carriage throw?

It is definitely -a- thing but is it an example of the race or of the individual? Plenty sure that was never specified, and my point. Is that the worgen average or peak, or something else entirely. If there -is- a mention that such is normal for all of them, I am just wrong. I am just not sure myself how far that quest goes in explaining that or is that all worgen are like that is just speculation...

*Rambling on AD forums*
29/04/2016 09:20Posted by Throatripper
Oh, that I don't debate at all. It happened, that worgen clearly threw a carriage. But can all of them do that, or just him? Was magic involved or not? Why hasn't Genn thrown a carriage? Why wasn't Gilneas saved by the art of carriage throw?

It is definitely -a- thing but is it an example of the race or of the individual? Plenty sure that was never specified, and my point. Is that the worgen average or peak, or something else entirely. If there -is- a mention that such is normal for all of them, I am just wrong. I am just not sure myself how far that quest goes in explaining that or is that all worgen are like that is just speculation...

*Rambling on AD forums*

Could be so. It makes the most sense if that was the case. A lot of the stuff Blizzard does falls under their "rule of cool" and doesn't mean anything at all except for looking cool.

Doesn't sound too far fetched to me though if they were able to do it.
I do agree that it doesn't sound too far fetched, in jumping strength all of them seem capable of huge leaps at the very least... So it is very possible, very very possible that's the case, werewolf lore in general would make it so, and add to the reason they were such a threat back during the first worgen curse thing...

Now just to fear how worgen rpers might abuse that...

Speaking of which, hope for some much needed worgen lore in Legion.
29/04/2016 08:04Posted by Korgosh
For a fact, worgen are already extremely strong in lore. Growth potion or not, a worgen could pretty much rip any of the Alliance races apart. Being bigger or not won't change that either way.

Aye. In Genn's short story, I seem to recall that it dook three night elven sailors to restrain a worgen. Not sure if they'd be able to literally tear someone apart just like that, but they certainly pack a punch. It seems like someone able to throw a carriage ought to be able to overpower three night elves though, so that quest is probably a case of inconsistent writing.
Gimmeh.