Illidan's disciples

Story
From patch notes:
Start your journey as a member of Illidan’s most elite disciples, an Illidari. Venture out from the Black Temple to lead an assault on the Legion world of Mardum

But - Black Temple never happened, because we stopped the legion invasion of Draenor? Now there is only the Temple of Karabor...

Blizzard - my suggestion about how to deal with all this: use the concept of alternate timelines. A change in the past does not affect the current timeline, but starts a new different one, with no connection to the current one.

Create a story somewhere in game about this, maybe a quest where Chromie tells us about this, else all lore is not making any sense anymore.
12/05/2016 13:40Posted by Sengo
From patch notes:
Start your journey as a member of Illidan’s most elite disciples, an Illidari. Venture out from the Black Temple to lead an assault on the Legion world of Mardum

But - Black Temple never happened, because we stopped the legion invasion of Draenor? Now there is only the Temple of Karabor...

Blizzard - my suggestion about how to deal with all this: use the concept of alternate timelines. A change in the past does not affect the current timeline, but starts a new different one, with no connection to the current one.

Create a story somewhere in game about this, maybe a quest where Chromie tells us about this, else all lore is not making any sense anymore.

You do realise that we stopped the Legion invasion on an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE Draenor? Our Draenor is still outland, and that's where we as Illidari DHs will start.

You just described literally the entire point of WoD

I introduce to you: Warlords of Draenor!
From patch notes:

And you are basing this on the fact that we went to an Alternate Draenor and our actions there have no influence on Main Universe Outland?
We were told this already at Blizzcon 2014 where it was annouced.

Seriously, after about a year of knowing that WoD takes place in an Alternate Past and nothing that happens there affects out timeline in anyway, people still doesn't seem to get it. Are you guys hiding under rocks???
From patch notes:

And you are basing this on the fact that we went to an Alternate Draenor and our actions there have no influence on Main Universe Outland?
We were told this already at Blizzcon 2014 where it was annouced.

Seriously, after about a year of knowing that WoD takes place in an Alternate Past and nothing that happens there affects out timeline in anyway, people still doesn't seem to get it. Are you guys hiding under rocks???

Well, people who doesn't read this terrible forum or follows Blizcon, how the hell would they know this, smartass?
They would if they paid attention in the game.

Its been told in there on multiple occasions to, atleast that its an alternate timeline.
13/05/2016 10:29Posted by Moridunum

Its been told in there on multiple occasions to, atleast that its an alternate timeline.
i dont remember them saying it was alternate in game but then again the whole xp is very forgettable.
13/05/2016 22:57Posted by Koradan
13/05/2016 10:29Posted by Moridunum

i dont remember them saying it was alternate in game but then again the whole xp is very forgettable.

That's not true!

Everybody hated how Maraad died and Thrall cheated in that Mak'gora with Garrosh.
No more nonsense with alternate universes. WoD gave me a headache with it's storytelling. Can we please just go back to our MU Azeroth and deal with the Legion there please!
Hope this AU hopping doesn't become a trend whenever they run out of ideas...
18/05/2016 08:29Posted by Elyseon
Hope this AU hopping doesn't become a trend whenever they run out of ideas...

World of warcraft: the Blackempire.

the infinite dragon-flight has tempered with the time-ways themselves opening gate ways into the alternative fate of Azeroth where the Old gods were never stopped and they are very close now to having turned Azeroth into the void-gods ultimate weapon!

However they are not satisfied and with their dark powers they now try to enter our world!
gather up champions and enter a world of Azeroth unlike you've ever seen before!

featuring:
-the ancient supreme continent of Kalimdor!
-4th specc /3rd for dh to all classes!
( old god specc)
-level cap raised to 134!
-the old gods unleashed as you've never seen them before!
-the titan keepers in their glory and united as the last resistance in this dark world.

Are you ready to face the greatest danger that ever befell Azeroth?
Or will you stand by as the darkness consumes your world?

I had to...
Don't give them ideas...