What happened to abilities?

General
So I was on the PTR this evening like all of us unlucky sods who never got Beta access, the one thing that took me by surprise is the lack of class abilities. I know WoD ability pruned the hell of of some classes, but Legion.....Holy Thrall....some classes don't even take up a full action bar (Arms/Ret) where have all the abilities gone? This can't be good. Although the ability animations look really good.
Frost DK with ALL active talents and Artifact trait only has 20 buttons. That is with Mount, control undead, Icy Path and if they still have BR binded.

That is something that most of people complained already in Alpha. Then as the Beta wave came, they complained as well over the same things the Alpha wave complained it.

It got not changed. It got ignored by Blizzard or even worse it got stultified liek Cdew that its only a "publicity stunt" or in the case of Rogues its again something like in WoD "Rogues are not used to the CP change", only this time it makes the whole specc clunky with the removal of ShD bar.
can use one action bar as bm hunter lol
Wait, did the PTR change? Is it no longer the WoD one?
These are the DH bars if anyone is interested:

Vengeance (minus spectral sight):
http://i.imgur.com/sE1B76W.jpg
Havoc (can have 2 more with talents, or even 2 less):
http://i.imgur.com/tg4gJI9.jpg
I'm honestly happy with them, it's just like most other class in fact - a good number of skills but not very many utility/fun ones to use. Big cd's are very limited now and some rotations are much less buttons.

I can't comment on anything but DH however so my post is limited to that.
It's all paving the way for the eventual console release of wow unfortunatly, so that there are just enough hotkeys to map on a standard controller.
16/06/2016 00:54Posted by Amalezu
It's all paving the way for the eventual console release of wow unfortunatly, so that there are just enough hotkeys to map on a standard controller.

If this keeps up we're going straight to a mobile version.
Think a number of abilities have become PvP Talents, I might be wrong though.
16/06/2016 00:58Posted by Beerwolf
Think a number of abilities have become PvP Talents, I might be wrong though.

Some yeah, some not.

You think you gain something by Talents, while in truth they removed so much and put things you had baseline into the talent tree to create the illusion of choices.
Oh... this thread again. It's not like we've had the exact same thread a hundred times every expansion since Wrath.

/sigh
They butchered Mage real good lol. It actually looked pretty good on streams so I was a bit hyped. But after playing one of those cheap 680 clones in all 3 specs, I am already bored of the gameplay, without any doubt.

All my hopes at this time lie in:

- artifact abilities
- tier sets
- trinkets

The 680 mage specs from PTR make me fall asleep VS my mage on Live.
16/06/2016 02:11Posted by Jandi
Oh... this thread again. It's not like we've had the exact same thread a hundred times every expansion since Wrath.

/sigh
And what does that tell you?

Wrath had the highest number of subscribers to the game, followed by a sharp decline ever since.

Coincidence or correlation?
I honestly have nothing against less buttons, IF they have thought behind pressing them, most specs however don't atm and follow a "press whatever lights up" playstyle.
16/06/2016 02:25Posted by Topaz
16/06/2016 02:11Posted by Jandi

/sigh
And what does that tell you?

Wrath had the highest number of subscribers to the game, followed by a sharp decline ever since.

Coincidence or correlation?

Yes pressing 4 buttons as a pala healer, 5 as a lock, 6 as a frost DK tank was superduper complicated, exciting and took proskillz.

Then we had the few situational cooldowns/trinkets.
16/06/2016 02:29Posted by Demonto
I honestly have nothing against less buttons, IF they have thought behind pressing them, most specs however don't atm and follow a "press whatever lights up" playstylel.

Apart from dot specs, that's how dps classes have worked since the start lol. Healing has alwayts been whack-a-mole, tanking has been the only thing that required any thought beyond following dot timers and cooldowns, because you had active mitigation to consider.
I do like Shadow Priests now tho, very good improvements.
16/06/2016 02:16Posted by Chanyi
- artifact abilities

Only 1 active the rest is entire passive as the Vanilla Talent tree. Some speccs have 5 min CD on these.

- tier sets

Boni are already known.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1407-Tier-19-Armor-Sets

- trinkets

What i saw there are a some but 2 min CD. They will be just macro'd in most cases.
16/06/2016 03:53Posted by Mijaki
What i saw there are a some but 2 min CD. They will be just macro'd in most cases.

I took a quick look over those links (thanks), and there will be definitely some gameplay improvement through the set bonus, without entering in mage details.

I still hope I will get used to this in time and that it will become a bit more complex, but as things are at this moment, Legion Mage specs have NOTHING versus a live HFC geared Mage, which is more interesting in all 3 specs by far. Having Doom Nova/Prismatic Crystal/Arcane Power/Ring was pretty damn fun when stars aligned.

The Legion specs seem to be... lacking potential. In fact, Frost seemed to be the most fun of them from my PvE perspective, contrary to what streamers said about it being the most boring and bad of the 3.

I should probably just shut up about it and wait to get geared up, but I'm kinda afraid they gonna ruin my favorite class and it will be too late by then, deep into the first tier.
16/06/2016 04:59Posted by Chanyi
I still hope I will get used to this in time and that it will become a bit more complex, but as things are at this moment, Legion Mage specs have NOTHING versus a live HFC geared Mage, which is more interesting in all 3 specs by far. Having Doom Nova/Prismatic Crystal/Arcane Power/Ring was pretty damn fun when stars aligned.

That goes for every Class and Specc. This got complained, by me too, but Blizzard ignored it completely.
16/06/2016 00:20Posted by Newlandreeve
can use one action bar as bm hunter lol

They have utterly destroyed us as a class, why ?

Blizzard development meetings

WOD - "OK the only content we will have for this expac is raiding and farming gold in your garrison"
all of blizz devs "RAID OR DIE!!!"
at the end of 6.2 "WTF over 50% of the population have quit???"

LEGION - "right, making content for only 10% of the population has not worked, in legion we will add lots to do for the normies"
"oh i know lets turn as many of the classes as possible into 3 button raid rotation specs only, we can delete all the utility and fun skills and a lot of the core since vanilla skills to do this"
"RAID or DIE!!!!"