Horde transport before Cata

General
I'm no newbie but this has been bugging me for a while now. Goblins came with Cata right? But goblins operate the zeppelins so how was Horde transport before Cata? Portals? Ships?
(just a note; I joined WoW during Cata).
There were still goblins prior to cataclysm. They just weren't a playable race.
^
Why would someone vote him down? He's asking a valid question. Goblins we'rent part of the horde back then no, aslong as the horde filled their pockets they was happy to work for whoever
16/06/2016 08:29Posted by Fendrig
(just a note; I joined WoW during Cata).

Before Cataclysm the Goblins were a neutral race spread around the game. They ran the cross-realm auction houses and were mainly found in the 4 neutral cities Gadgetzan, Everlook, Booty Bay and Ratchet, or area 52 in TBC.

The Horde specific Goblins all come from Kezan, do their starting area if you haven't to find out more about all that.
Thanks. Yes I did play the goblin starting area, but I thought those were the only goblins to ever reach the mainland.
There are multiple factions of Goblins. The ones who ran the Zeps weren't the same as the ones you can play.
The question for me is how are there worgen and goblin death knights?
Kayami: They're basically retconned into the DK starting experience. When Cata introduced them they pretended like they had always been there.
16/06/2016 20:56Posted by Zluk
Kayami: They're basically retconned into the DK starting experience. When Cata introduced them they pretended like they had always been there.

In addition to that, the Worgen Death Knights aren't Gilnean, they were serving Arugal.
And the Goblins were Bilgewater Cartel (same as the ones in Booty Bay), as said in the intro where you get to kill one of their own in the starter quest.
16/06/2016 20:40Posted by Kayami
The question for me is how are there worgen and goblin death knights?

Because Worgen and Goblins were always around before they were playable, Pandaren were on a concealed island and never died on the mainland to be raised by Arthas.
Goblins serve under the 4 trade princes, 1 of those trade princes joined the horde and the goblins that followed him joined the horde also.
Aye, I believe the Steamwheedle were at one point Horde, during the Second war possibly, then went neutral, however still have links, hence Gazlowe being called in to help build the Horde Garrison, even though as a Steamwheedle he is technically a neutral.

Apart from Zeppelins, before Cata both the Blood Elves and Forsaken had navies, as I believe did the Orcs, after settling Durotar?
16/06/2016 20:56Posted by Zluk

Ya its that part that doesn't work for me that well, shoehorning them into something that already happened and they weren't anywhere to be seen as DKs, if Arthas was raising any sort of humanoid that ever got into a fight there should have been murlocs, furbolgs, gnolls and allsorts around in those first DK quests.