RIP to the legend Muhammed Ali

General
Sad news to be waking to this morning. I am wondering about a tribute in wow?

Such as in Legions Dalaran the free for all pit have a podium he stands on shouting out famous quotes? such as "float like a butterfly sting like a bee" etc etc?
It is sad news. He was a true legend.

But I think in-game tributes should be reserved for those who actually played the game or had some connection to it. Otherwise, before long there will be more 'dead' people in WoW than living ones.

That said, your idea is kind of neat, so if they did implement it I wouldn't mind at all. Maybe there will be an achievement called 'Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee' one day or something.
04/06/2016 12:17Posted by Helewyse

But I think in-game tributes should be reserved for those who actually played the game or had some connection to it. Otherwise, before long there will be more 'dead' people in WoW than living ones.

That said, your idea is kind of neat, so if they did implement it I wouldn't mind at all. Maybe there will be an achievement called 'Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee' one day or something.

He can really be a boss at Brawlers Guild but Brawlers is going away for a reason i dont get(Maybe it will cost resources) but i totally agree with you!
Having some special tributes in game is really nice but for people that actually were fans,players or had something to do with the game like being composers for music and so on!
Its a game not a graveyard after all:)
Who?
While my sympathies go out to his loved ones I'm past sick and tired of people asking for a bloody monument for everyone that dies.

Robin Williams, David Bowie, Ali... I'm sure the list goes on. We'd be tripping up over them if one was put up for every notable person that passed.
I feel there's a punch line in here somewhere.

I'm sorry :(
NO! We don't need a tribute for every single dead person!
Rest in peace.
Muhammed Ali, aka Cassius Clay.

An american born black man, a muslim, and someone who denounced military conscription.

If he was a modern day "celebrity" and not an older generation one, he would be a poster boy for bigots hatred everywhere. The internet would be flooded with hate memes, though I have to wonder how much of that would be american and "foreign".

So what separates his legend from the hatred some people have? I'd guess perspective.

I just hope his passing can be used to reinforce a positive message of tolerance while the public is paying attention.

I'll just leave this here as a reminder of history...
https://youtu.be/9IOooKXbOQE?t=6s
No one cares
04/06/2016 12:17Posted by Helewyse

But I think in-game tributes should be reserved for those who actually played the game or had some connection to it.

So what connection do Harrison Ford, Stefani Germanotta (aka Lady Gaga) and Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson have ? all of whom are NPC's in WoW and all of whom don't even come close to transcending way beyond their mediums in the way which Ali did. You simply DON'T get voted the 'Sportsman of the Century' or 'Sports Personality of the Century' for nothing.
04/06/2016 11:57Posted by Anias
I am wondering about a tribute in wow?

Did he play WoW? Did he promote WoW? Did he have ANYTHING whatsoever to do with WoW?

No.

Why the tribute request then?
I thought he died 40 years ago shame.
I thought muhammed was a messenger
04/06/2016 18:15Posted by Dreadnought
04/06/2016 11:57Posted by Anias
I am wondering about a tribute in wow?

Did he play WoW? Did he promote WoW? Did he have ANYTHING whatsoever to do with WoW?

No.

As I posted above, did Harrison, Dwayne or Stefani do any of that ? and they aren't the only 'celebrities' in WoW either.
04/06/2016 18:19Posted by Lswindrunner
04/06/2016 18:15Posted by Dreadnought

No.

As I posted above, did Harrison, Dwayne or Stefani do any of that ? and they aren't the only 'celebrities' in WoW either.

No they didn't but the devs wanted to put them in so they were put in. There are plenty of sports, music and other personalities that have done great things but have no memorial in wow so why should Muhammad Ali be any different?
I love seeing tributes in WoW, the Robin Williams one was brilliant. Only because he had nothing to do with WoW, he was a very inspirational individual.
The only celebs and non-celebs that are reminded inside the game are those that have or had special meaning to one or more developers.

Thats the way it should be and should stay.

Seriously, think of all the famous and less famous people that have passed away during the lifetime of this game and its predecessers... must run into the thousands by now.

I wouldn't want this game to be turned into a mausoleum.
What's so inspirational and legendary about punching people senseless in a ring?
04/06/2016 23:08Posted by Gamorra
What's so inspirational and legendary about punching people senseless in a ring?

You dont deserve that name,

RIP mohammed ali