Legion Ability pruning : opinions

General
I have spent hours and hours going through every class and most specs talents.

The pruning is dreadful, removing so many skills and spells and then making them conflict with the best passive talents.

it is like someone at Blizzard was given the task of how to completely ruin every spec and make as many subscribers as possible quit.

If the carry on with this plan then I am out. This simplification takes away from my joy in playing my favourite classes and specs.

In all other respects, Legion looks ok. Not great, just ok.

There has to be a better way to spend my time.

No arguments, just opinions please.
It's been a really poor idea so far.

A poor idea to remove these fun and seemingly useless spells such as Sentry totem and Eye of the beast for no apparent reason.

A poor idea to revamp every class and spec every single xpac since Cata, now they are shadows of their former selves. The only class that didn't get affected as much as the others is Rogue, and it will be gone with Legion.

A poor idea to remove snapshotting, combo points on ennemies and such interesting mechanics at the profit of dumb shiny procs with visual effects taking half your !@#$ing screen for every class and their mother.

A poor idea to make every class the same and making them lose their sense of inviduality because of that "Bring the player, not the class :^)" mentality

A poor idea to prune half the spells of each class and allow us to regain them on meaningless talent trees in the name of class fantasy or some bs. Yeah, the Legion attacked, I forgot how to FREEZE PEOPLE ?!! Damn, I hope that shiny legendary über staff will help me regain my memories !

It's been a poor idea since Cataclysm. I know it would have ended up really badly if they kept on just adding and adding spells to each class without ever removing or changing anything but %^-*, they could have done it in some different way. I don't know, add some, remove some without changing the core elements of the specs, I don't remember people complaining that much about gameplay.

But hey, gotta make the game playable on ps4, right ? You wouldn't want to miss some $$$
Simply put: Button Bloat has become Button Famine. Blizz are going to lose many veterans and the newcomers wil not hang around long. WoD showed that.

Who wants to play a game that is so simple. I suspect Legion is Blizz's last chance city.
Sadly, Blizzard is still caught in the delusion of catching more of the "We want all, here and now" young players from facebook. those that are supposed to hate challenge, that want everything simple and to be spoonfed.
The result - older players get frustrated at the constant dumbing and pruning of the game and quit (some quicker, some that are more emotionally attached to the world they once loved so much - slower). and the "We want it all now" kids proved not to be a loyal audience - one month they are here, whine to get everything quick, then they get bored and go to other games.

Please, wake up...
You can find more links and some my own thoughts here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610601495?page=1#12

Based on this links: http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/forum/topic/17168346637?page=5#94

ps. Yes, I read a lot of this stuff.

08/06/2016 07:48Posted by Kontosouvli
They dont try to please everyone.They try to slowly make people love the game.Blizzard trys to simplify the game to increase numbers and WoD showed that it was a fail.Why the continue?Dont know

Indeed ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611801085#13 )
This is why i love the mentallity of the FFXIV Developers and Especially Naoki Yoshida that is really active talking to the community(Keep in mind that it is extremely hard considering the Language Barrier) with weekly and monthly Streams and Letters from the Producer something Blizzard does Extremely rarely!
FFXIV is a game that is not for everyone considering the Low GCD that makes the combat way slower than World of Warcraft for Example and the Vast Majority of MMORPG's.
But the developers have a vision!They dont try to push over too much.They have a goal and they follow it.
They dont try to please everyone.They try to slowly make people love the game.Blizzard trys to simplify the game to increase numbers and WoD showed that it was a fail.Why the continue?Dont know
They know that All conent is not for everyone.And how they respond to this?By making the content more accecible like Blizzard?OFC Not!They are not going to nerf Extreme Trials so everyone can take the Mounts when the content is current.
What they do?They give EVERY SINGLE PLAYER content to do!
You dont like Raiding?Sure my friend.Have an extremely depth crafting system that will require a lot of work and time and will reward you with every single step not to mention it will be ALWAYS relevant to the content no matter what.
You dont like Doing Instance Content that require raiding?Sure my friend.Go outside and craft your relic by doing World Events and Dungeons
But i cant farm the Heroic dungeons they are sooooo Hard?Try and improve yourself.
On top of that they push content fast and they release dungeons every patch.They release Story Questline Every patch.You get the point.
Ability prunning is just Blizzard trying to much and failing hard.
Prot Warrior is one of the worst offenders. The single target DPS rotation boils down to Revenge (9 sec CD), Shield Slam (9 sec CD), and then Devastate until something procs... That's it, other than applying mitigation which is all off the GCD.

Losing Heroic Strike, Execute, and utility abilities like Intimidating Shout & Vigilance just leave me thinking - What, exactly, should I be looking forward to? An artifact ability that does less damage than back to back devastates? A talent tree with next to no abilities (and no new abilities) in it? Active mitigation choices that don't matter at all?

Bleh.
from a PVE playing for fun perspective they have utterly destroyed BMs :(
And there goes my favorite spec since TBC down the toilet. Thank you so much, Blizzard :-(
I was complaining to my bf that ffxiv was way too easy i could play with one hand. I loved wow now wow has become worst i can play the game with one finger make 1 macro and play...fail isn't it?
07/06/2016 13:49Posted by Annuvyn
I have spent hours and hours going through every class and most specs talents.

The pruning is dreadful, removing so many skills and spells and then making them conflict with the best passive talents.

it is like someone at Blizzard was given the task of how to completely ruin every spec and make as many subscribers as possible quit.

If the carry on with this plan then I am out. This simplification takes away from my joy in playing my favourite classes and specs.

In all other respects, Legion looks ok. Not great, just ok.

There has to be a better way to spend my time.

No arguments, just opinions please.

Hunter wasn't blessed with skills before but its 3 buttons now :( why lose kill shot!
....Is everyone here unaware that more abilities will be added in Legion?
I've liked the boomkin changes and have not really missed anything from resto but maybe druids got off easy. I've played a fair bit of monk since the pre-patch and found them a hell of a lot of fun too. Maybe I've just been lucky in my class selections.
Caradin is right that everyone is still missing legion skills that should make up the rest of your playstyle. If it's right that end game play should mess up the play at other levels is another question but probably one that should be considered by blizzard.
17/08/2016 16:32Posted by Caradin

Are you aware that each spec gets ONE more ability? One.
17/08/2016 17:02Posted by Gráinne
17/08/2016 16:32Posted by Caradin

Are you aware that each spec gets ONE more ability? One.

I thought the artifacts gave some as well? Or is that the one ability?
17/08/2016 17:38Posted by Caradin

That is the one ability.
17/08/2016 17:39Posted by Gráinne
17/08/2016 17:38Posted by Caradin

That is the one ability.

Then I have been terribly misinformed :O

Ah well I don't really care one way or the other about more or less abilities, I'll get used to it anyway.
17/08/2016 17:52Posted by Caradin

Yes, by people spreading false information without checking it. Lot of that going around.
17/08/2016 18:19Posted by Gráinne
17/08/2016 17:52Posted by Caradin

Yes, by people spreading false information without checking it. Lot of that going around.

No there's not. It was just that the last time I really looked into it was some time ago now that I think of it :p
Wtf? Am i getting a 3rd attack in legion on DH? :D makes me so happy.... Fk blizzard.
Ill give legion a try if its 2-3 attacks im Leaving to a more skillfull server somewhere else