Legion Pre-Patch - Reset Timer Changes

General
1 2 3 7 Next
As of the pre-patch for Legion, reset timers for recurring in-game activities such as daily/weekly quests and raid/dungeon lockouts will be updated to a single unified lockout time of 07:00:00 UTC for all European realms. This change will make it more convenient for players, as you will only need to keep track of one reset time. Weekly resets will occur on Wednesdays at this time.
Might sound dumb since you already said for daily quests and dungeons, but... does it include the daily cooldowns for professions too? Since those used to reset with the dailies at 3:00 server time.
I would assume so yes. Wouldn't make sense to me personally if that stays 3AM with everything else changing to 7.
Sorry to bother, is date July the 19th legit?
02/07/2016 12:24Posted by Xame

Well, even if it was (where did you hear that anyway?) the EU date would be Wednesday the 20th.
single unified lockout time of 07:00:00 UTC for all European realms.

This would suggest that during the summer resets would occur at 09:00:00 'Realm Time', and 08:00:00 'Realm Time' during winter - as timezones shift an hour from UTC during Daylight Saving.

Is this correct, or do resets occur at 07:00:00 'Realm Time' (regardless of DST) all year round?
02/07/2016 12:47Posted by Ranada
02/07/2016 12:24Posted by Xame

Well, even if it was (where did you hear that anyway?) the EU date would be Wednesday the 20th.

interwebz community said :D, that's why I'm asking
Interesting. I assume this will also affect reset/quest expiry times of the weekly event quests (timewalking etc.)?
01/07/2016 19:52Posted by Archronos
Might sound dumb since you already said for daily quests and dungeons, but... does it include the daily cooldowns for professions too? Since those used to reset with the dailies at 3:00 server time.

This was my first thoughts. I, too, also wonder if this is being changed.
01/07/2016 15:48Posted by Aerythlea
This change will make it more convenient for players, as you will only need to keep track of one reset time.
It would actually be convenient if it was 2-3 hours before that, so when players across EU are up everything would have been reset.

Let me remind everybody that 7 UTC is 10 AM for eastern EU and respectively 11 AM for the western parts of Russia during the summer.

During weekends it would be fairly visible when players are booted out of a dungeon or their daily quests reset when they are on their way to complete that 4th quest for the lootbox.

Please reconsider the reset timer and place it during a real downtime for everyone playing on the EU realms.

Thanks for reading.
Changing this time is absolutely horrible for me.

I'm used to quickly checking AH, mission, doing tradeskills, before leaving for work around 6:00 UTC. (7:00 local time). I'm sure the same thing is true for a lot of people. Wether it's leaving for work or school.

With the new time, suddenly in the morning when I wake up... It won't be a new day in WoW yet, which is just another annoyance added to the many small things that show Blizzard stopped caring about how changes might affect players..
03/07/2016 14:07Posted by Kakapenka
Let me remind everybody that 7 UTC is 10 AM for eastern EU and respectively 11 AM for the western parts of Russia during the summer.

Actually the most western part of Russia (Kaliningrad region) uses UTC+2, and most of the European part of Russia in in the Moscow timezone (UTC+3); but the eastern regions are up to UTC+12:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Russia#List_of_zones
http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-russia24.php

There is no DST in Russia since 2011, so there is just a constant offset from UTC (but because the server time observes the European DST rules, there is a variable difference between the server time and local time in Russia).

So the reset time of 07:00 UTC will correspond to the local time of 09:00 in Kaliningrad, 10:00 in Moscow (the most populated timezone in Russia), 12:00 in Yekaterinburg (the second most populated timezone), and 19:00 in Kamchatka.
Why the change?.

I know garrisons wont be in legion, but i too logon for half an hour before heading to work...
Such a good idea to be honest having a single time is helpful never got why they had separate times for raid resets and daily resets.
Having the same reset time for all things is nice, but why is the reset in the morning and not at midnight... There is nothing convenient about waiting several hours for the reset after waking up. Normally I wake up between 5AM and 7AM (UTC +3) and with this change all the things I do first thing in the morning won't be available. I'm going to be so bored :(
For those of you complaining you log in before the reset, that will only be a problem the absolute first day. After that, you will be in a cycle of completing things 1 hour before reset, so that it's reset the next morning for you anyway. You're gonna miss out on 1 days worth of whatever, is it really worth complaining about?
i agree 7:00 utc is a bad time should be more like 4 utc. not all live in utc +0. Even 7:00 utc is late for those that live in utc+0.
07/07/2016 02:10Posted by Nakamai
For those of you complaining you log in before the reset, that will only be a problem the absolute first day. After that, you will be in a cycle of completing things 1 hour before reset, so that it's reset the next morning for you anyway. You're gonna miss out on 1 days worth of whatever, is it really worth complaining about?
While I agree, it do have the issue that if you e.g. oversleep and can't do stuff that day, you lose it. In general the result would be that people do the things they would do 5:00-6:00 UTC before work now, will be done when they get home from work instead.

I too would prefer if the reset was 4:00 or 5:00 AM UTC instead, the 7:00 UTC means that it will reset 8:00 CET, or 9:00 CEST, which is the time for most of Europe, except Russia.
This is not a good change. Please make it 4 am utc
Lets not forget about most common times for regular scheduled server restarts and maintenances.
For EU these are usually between 5:00 and 6:00 AM server time.
If that won't be also changed it only adds to reasons why 7:00 UTC isn't good choice

It would definitely make much more sense to have restarts/maintenance AFTER daily/weekly reset (maybe even directly after)