IPv6 connectivity issues to some(all?) servers

Technical Support
Every server i have chars on have IPv6 connectivity issues for last ~2 days or so. Native IPv6 works on my side for everything else, except WoW. Most obvious is when im switching servers and it takes ~20 seconds to fall back to ipv4 stuck on "loging in to game server" for this time.
I can confirm this is happening for me too, on both live and beta. I have native IPv6 that works fine for everything else.
Definitely appears to be a change on Blizzard's side.
I have the same problem. But it started about 2 weeks ago.
My network is working properly, no problems with my upstream provider. I use ipv6 normally with everything else just not WoW. Pass all the test-ipv6.com tests.
Can access and ping my own servers over ipv6 just fine, but WoW refuses to work.
Hm 2 weeks? well i noticed this 2-3 days ago when i was starting to get long "loging in to game server" and thing started to bug me so ive done some research, Might be before just that i didnt notice it. ATM i disabled IPv6 in network options, so switching servers is faster, however this is not solution. I prefere to use IPv6 because my ISP have broken bandwidth managment for it :)
Linking back to the US thread on this issue, since it's not limited to the EU realms.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20746954562
Same thing here. Any blues?
Is anyone from Blizzard going to step up and own this issue? A simple post saying why your IPv6 connectivity is currently dead would do.
We've put a status post out to our customers - as they all have IPv6. https://aastatus.net/2270

This appears to be a simple routing loop within Blizzard's network - they had this a few years ago as well, and did eventually fix it.

If Blizzard are officially going to only support the legacy version of IP (IPv4) and drop support for the current version (IPv6) they need to make a press release to that effect so that everyone in the industry can laugh at them. IPv4 is only going to get worse and worse as time passes and CGNAT is overloaded and ports are filtered by ISPs. There are no more IPv4 addresses left, simple as that.

If they are going to support IPv6 then they need to fix connectivity issues just as quickly as they would of IPv4.

Also, they need the client to actually fall back to IPv4 like most applications do rather than timing out (as is happening on my Mac).

Blizzard, just decide, do you support the current IP protocol (IPv6), or not? Decide and then take the necessary prompt action as a result of that decision.
The IPv6 connectivity comes and goes.

There's an option in-game to disable IPv6 connections.
System -> Network
Enable IPv6 when available

The IPv6 connectivity to their servers has generally been stable over long periods of time -- long enough for me to forget it's the issue when I suddenly get slow logins/loading screens.
I wonder if this has been part of the problem ive been experiencing, as well as long/slow logins/loading screens, (for the last 5 or 6 days I've been having this) but im also being frequently disconnected when the loading of the login/loading screen has hung for a while. I guess this will be one more thing to try, to rule out if nothing else!
07/08/2016 15:47Posted by Knice
The IPv6 connectivity comes and goes.

There's an option in-game to disable IPv6 connections.
System -> Network
Enable IPv6 when available

The IPv6 connectivity to their servers has generally been stable over long periods of time -- long enough for me to forget it's the issue when I suddenly get slow logins/loading screens.

IPv6 connectivity should not "come and go" any more than IPv4 connectivity.

Also, the client, should handle one or other being unavailable reasonably gracefully, as is the case with most web browsers and other applications these days.

At present, and for many days now, if IPv6 is enabled I simply cannot play. The client (on a Mac) tries IPv6, hangs for ages, and then gives an error. That is bad design regardless of the ongoing networking issues within Blizzards IPv6 network.
We are setting up direct peering with Blizzard now, so that we will have a more direct contact with their NOC and hence be able to raise this directly as it is obviously impacting our customers (www.aa.net.uk).
I'm glad someone raised this as reverting to IPv4 fixed all the slow login problems I've experienced since the patch went live. Blizzard this is disgraceful, what are your network engineers doing? Should I send my CV in, since they clearly don't seem to understand IPv6?

Anyone who has IPv6 -- which is an increasing amount of people these days, including BT users in the UK -- gets extremely slow login times, errors, and suchlike. This is terrible for your business and makes you look extremely incompetent... which seemingly, you are!

Also hey RevK, fancy seeing you around these parts. When I read your IPv6 WoW comment on your blog, never thought it would have been the cause of my own problem (seeing as I wasn't aware BT had even given me an IPv6 address!).
08/08/2016 09:49Posted by Revk
IPv6 connectivity should not "come and go" any more than IPv4 connectivity.

Also, the client, should handle one or other being unavailable reasonably gracefully, as is the case with most web browsers and other applications these days.

It's typically called a fallback mechanism. :] (Not sure why I was quoted, as there was nothing new for me to reply to.)

Edit: Well, yeah, it shouldn't happen, but it has happened three times that I know for certain, over the last two years, roughly. Obviously local issues were ruled out, and I'm of course missing stats for other incidents because I already had disabled IPv6 through the game client for a while in-between.
08/08/2016 13:49Posted by Ulsaki
I'm glad someone raised this as reverting to IPv4 fixed all the slow login problems I've experienced since the patch went live. Blizzard this is disgraceful, what are your network engineers doing? Should I send my CV in, since they clearly don't seem to understand IPv6?

Anyone who has IPv6 -- which is an increasing amount of people these days, including BT users in the UK -- gets extremely slow login times, errors, and suchlike. This is terrible for your business and makes you look extremely incompetent... which seemingly, you are!

Also hey RevK, fancy seeing you around these parts. When I read your IPv6 WoW comment on your blog, never thought it would have been the cause of my own problem (seeing as I wasn't aware BT had even given me an IPv6 address!).

Wow, cool that BT have given you IPv6. I know BT and Sky and a few others are working on it.

Looks like they finally fixed it today, and after that, I also set up peering (Ipv4 and IPv6) between A&A and Blizzard this evening.

I think it is a matter of finding the right person, and as we have a peering agreement now, that looks to be easier for any future issues.
12/08/2016 19:20Posted by Revk
Wow, cool that BT have given you IPv6. I know BT and Sky and a few others are working on it.

Looks like they finally fixed it today, and after that, I also set up peering (Ipv4 and IPv6) between A&A and Blizzard this evening.

I think it is a matter of finding the right person, and as we have a peering agreement now, that looks to be easier for any future issues.

Good to know thanks, and at least I'll remember this when troubleshooting in the future. I guess the messages in the dev console would also mention any errors in the IPv6 stack if I'd bothered to have it up during the login process.

Blizzard still should have picked this up and resolved it much faster; what else are their NOC guys and network engineers doing? How did they not notice a massive reduction in IPv6 traffic flowing through their network, and how did this not get picked up by their monitoring tools? I cannot fathom any other business that would consider a month to fix a massive black hole in their network involving an important traffic type to be an acceptable SLA. If I was that bad at my job then I would be out very quickly, because my customers would very rightly not stand for it. Your customers would not either I'm sure.

I know networking and I honestly had no idea this was the cause of the problem until seeing this thread. How is the typical gamer supposed to figure this out?!

I know BT are aiming for a pretty much 100% IPv6 rollout by the end of this year, but absolutely no notice was given. I haven't needed to check my HH5 metrics recently so didn't see it there, and I don't use any IPv6 specific services (since obviously I couldn't until recently without tunnelling).

On a side note, clearly troubleshooting connectivity in general is going to be far more fun with the dual stack to worry about! Particularly in cases like these when the provider has had a partial failure.
How is it looking for everyone else? - I am also still facing the issue with no IPv6 connectivity...i've tried unchecking/checking IPv6-box ingame and also restart my router...nogo. I have a 100/100Mbit fiber from Telia in Sweden and normal Ipv6 websites are working fine.
24/10/2016 12:18Posted by Zibiria
How is it looking for everyone else? - I am also still facing the issue with no IPv6 connectivity...i've tried unchecking/checking IPv6-box ingame and also restart my router...nogo. I have a 100/100Mbit fiber from Telia in Sweden and normal Ipv6 websites are working fine.

Connectivity working fine for me over IPv6 with 18ms latency, although my ISP does have direct peering with Blizzard (see RevK's post above). However, there is still the dreadful lag/freezing going on on my server (ER/DF).
Does anyone have the IPv6-address for the EU login servers? - so i can try to ping it?
This seemed to be resolved in August (in conjunction with RevK's chasing!) but stopped working again over a month ago. Is anyone else seeing this?
We too have set up direct peering with Blizzard to see if this helps but no such luck, the client still says it's only trying to use IPv4 even though I can see an active IPv6 connection from the battle net client and also via the wow browser proxy executable used by the support browser.