Inscription Profession, R.I.P., July 2016

General
Not sure if you're aware, but for the upcoming Legion expansion, with the 7.0.3 prepatch, the inscription profession will be completely destroyed.

1. All major glyphs will disappear. No glyphs will provide any sort of functional improvement.
2. Minor glyphs will be simply called glyphs. So glyphs will exclusively provide cosmetic twists.
3. Glyphs are consumable items (no longer learnable once, usable forever). If you change your mind and prefer the old glyph, you gotta purchase it again.
4. Glyphs are applied to spells on the spellbook. The glyph UI also disappears.

In other words, an entire profession existing for several expansions will become purely cosmetic overnight.

And say goodbye to the fun perks and customization options that inscription provided, along with your favorite glyphs. To add insult to injury, say welcome to the nuisance of having to pay for each new glyph application on the same spell.

Inscription Profession
May it Rest In Peace
R.I.P., July 2016.

Edit: Forgot to mention, scribes now can make the Toy (Steamy Romance Novel Kit). This is gotta be the greatest change since the selfie cam!!! Already switched to jewelcrafting!!! Yay!!!

Edit: Yeah, you can make Vantus Runes that increase damage against a specific raid boss, for a given week. Meh.

More info:
http://www.worldofmoudi.com/legion-inscription-guide
They are adding some vanity runes or so that will allow certain bonuses against some instance bosses once a week or so.

But inspite of this, you are right. With the removal of glyphs, Inscription seems like a waste.
It's a pity, because this proffesion of fine writing of runes and scrolls, had so much pontential and options.

Scrolls could be so much more then a simple stat buff, that became absolute due to elixirs.
Tomes could be so much more then some off-hands.

And more.

But applying them means thinking a bit out of the box...
inscription will have runes to give 10%more dmg or so againt 1boss each reset, tomes that will allow people to swap talents anywhere group version of the tomes and still glyphs it will still have enough stuff for it to be relevant.
its far from being dead just revamped

http://www.worldofmoudi.com/legion-inscription-guide
Inscriptions use now will be in Vantus Runes and the Talent Tomes.

Vantus Runes: Example "Vantus Rune: Black Rook Hold" or "Vantus Rune: Xavius" will boost your damage for an entire reset, aka 1 week and always ends on wednesdays, by 10% against either a raid boss or an entire dungeon.

^They alone will be used throughout the entire expansion and sought after by pretty much everyone.

Talent Tomes: Allow you to change talents anywhere, will also be sought after, especially the codexes which can be used by raid groups.

There's also the typical DMF cards which should be quite strong.

It's curious that you didn't mention either and focused purely on the cosmetic part of inscription.
Also not sure why you put in "Glyphs are consumable items (no longer learnable once, usable forever)." That is not new, it was the whole of WoD like that. You even can do better now with the new glyps, since the are consumed when you add them to the spell and if you want to change the glyph on it, you need a new one.
13/07/2016 15:12Posted by Akurin
Inscriptions use now will be in Vantus Runes and the Talent Tomes.

Vantus Runes: Example "Vantus Rune: Black Rook Hold" or "Vantus Rune: Xavius" will boost your damage for an entire reset, aka 1 week and always ends on wednesdays, by 10% against either a raid boss or an entire dungeon.

^They alone will be used throughout the entire expansion and sought after by pretty much everyone.

Talent Tomes: Allow you to change talents anywhere, will also be sought after, especially the codexes which can be used by raid groups.

There's also the typical DMF cards which should be quite strong.

It's curious that you didn't mention either and focused purely on the cosmetic part of inscription.

Thanks for pointing this out. In my opinion, they're taking away far more than they're adding. So I can make a consumable for other people to switch talents. Yay!!!... wait, not that exciting for me. I can also make some toys, like some sort of romantic novel. Great... but not the reason I rolled inscription.

Just my opinion, but it feels that a profession I once loved and worked hard to level up is now turned into an unrecognizable vanity gimmick. Don't really care about the vantus runes, either. Just lame.
13/07/2016 14:58Posted by Cyrisela
inscription will have runes to give 10%more dmg or so againt 1boss each reset, tomes that will allow people to swap talents anywhere group version of the tomes and still glyphs it will still have enough stuff for it to be relevant.

True, and thanks for mentioning this, but it's nothing like the profession I trained several expansions ago. I want to make useful glyphs. Heck, even if I"m not a scribe, i want to customize my gameplay in a meaningful manner.

They pruned way too much.
I'm curious, just ignoring the end game benefits of inscription... i.e. - the boss buff and talent change thing... what does inscription offer for people that are levelling with it... ?
13/07/2016 14:50Posted by Amnastaria
They are adding some vanity runes or so that will allow certain bonuses against some instance bosses once a week or so.

But inspite of this, you are right. With the removal of glyphs, Inscription seems like a waste.
It's a pity, because this proffesion of fine writing of runes and scrolls, had so much pontential and options.

Scrolls could be so much more then a simple stat buff, that became absolute due to elixirs.
Tomes could be so much more then some off-hands.

And more.

But applying them means thinking a bit out of the box...

Coudn't agree more.
*shrug*

Only reason I got Inscription in Cataclysm was because of the better shoulder enchants.

<_<
>_>
Who cares about glyphs, as long as you can still spam 40k Blood Cards at a time then its all good
Thank god i changed from insc to LW a week or so ago, it was looking a pretty s*** profession from the notes i had seen on mmo champ during the past few weeks/months.

Vantus Runes, rofl, a 10% dps buff will become totally irrelevant with better gear, as will bosses. By the time 6.1 rolls around a 10% inc in the dungeons and a boss will already have been effectively worthless for some time.

Talent change: Guilds going for hard progress only will be the main users of these, in other words, the biggest part of the playerbase wont even bother with them.

1 toy: Count it, 1, yippee (sarcasm).

Cosmetic: Generally, people will stick with what they learn once, eg, if the old glyph of transformation is still there in some form (which i think it is) that will be one of my 100% choices.

Considering the money that other professions will make in Legion, inscription will make next to nothing a totally useless profession now. Iirc it's still one of the only profs without a mount as well.

RIP.
13/07/2016 16:31Posted by Lswindrunner
a 10% dps buff

for the whole expac and i think you mean 7.1 not 6.1 i dont really want to go backwards :P
Next Expansion:

Profession Pruning:

We have listened to all feedback about how useless Inscription became after we intentionally removed so many glyphed and replaced them with a tome for spec swapping.

We agree that it is useless and feels not fun, therefore we have decided to merge it with Alchemy, because you know they both use Grass, erm Herbs HERBS!!. We will continue to listen to you and please remember for future wow!
13/07/2016 15:38Posted by Jamoncita
Thanks for pointing this out. In my opinion, they're taking away far more than they're adding

Really though? Vantus Runes are consumables whilst current Glyphs are once per character and even then most glyphs are useless and probably wouldn't even be bought unless for completionist reasons.

Just my opinion, but it feels that a profession I once loved and worked hard to level up is now turned into an unrecognizable vanity gimmick. Don't really care about the vantus runes, either. Just lame.

Glyphs are a one time use and a vast, vast majority of them are dull/boring. Thankfully though they're keeping minor ones which can have some fun visuals or effects.

Vantus Runes are much more useful, so yay :)

Vantus Runes, rofl, a 10% dps buff will become totally irrelevant with better gear, as will bosses. By the time 6.1 rolls around a 10% inc in the dungeons and a boss will already have been effectively worthless for some time.

But if you get better gear then the 10% damage buff will be stronger because of your better gear? What point are you trying to make here?

These Vantus runes are only going to get stronger and stronger as you collect more gear and stuff. To be honest though it feels like you don't actually know what they do, I suggest you re-read my post.

Talent change: Guilds going for hard progress only will be the main users of these, in other words, the biggest part of the playerbase wont even bother with them.

People will also likely want to use them for questing or other stuff. I carry a couple stacks on the beta just incase I want to switch things up a little.

Codexes will most likely be used by guilds only or kind people buying/making one for LFR/Pugs.
13/07/2016 16:50Posted by Akurin
People will also likely want to use them for questing or other stuff.

How exactly? These as LSwindrunner said only useful for raiders.
13/07/2016 15:12Posted by Akurin

As another poster noted, that does raise the question what Inscription will offer to Level 100 and below, though on the other hand some people would sell their own mother (okay, Race Change) for a 10% damage buff (but quite likely someone in the Guild will make those Runes for them)

Glyphs becoming consumables again sounds good, even if cosmetic-only will probably not bring back Glyphmass.

I think people are being a bit too negative.
13/07/2016 16:50Posted by Akurin
Thanks for pointing this out. In my opinion, they're taking away far more than they're adding

Really though? Vantus Runes are consumables whilst current Glyphs are once per character and even then most glyphs are useless and probably wouldn't even be bought unless for completionist reasons.

Glyphs are a one time use and a vast, vast majority of them are dull/boring. Thankfully though they're keeping minor ones which can have some fun visuals or effects.

Vantus Runes are much more useful, so yay :)

But if you get better gear then the 10% damage buff will be stronger because of your better gear? What point are you trying to make here?

These Vantus runes are only going to get stronger and stronger as you collect more gear and stuff. To be honest though it feels like you don't actually know what they do, I suggest you re-read my post.

People will also likely want to use them for questing or other stuff. I carry a couple stacks on the beta just incase I want to switch things up a little.

Codexes will most likely be used by guilds only or kind people buying/making one for LFR/Pugs.

Dungeons WON'T be scaling though, in which case, a 10% dps buff is worthless as they will be VERY quickly outgeared anyway. I also doubt these runes will be allowed in the keystone dungeon content.

As I said, apart from possibly the first few weeks, esp in dungeons, they will quickly be worthless. And even raids will be quickly outgeared as well.
13/07/2016 17:40Posted by Lswindrunner
Dungeons WON'T be scaling though

Mythic/CM dungeons will be scaleing :) constantly throughout the XP getting harder and harder . I like you but on this one you need to read up before posting .