19.07 or 20.07 for EU?

General
In the launcher it reads that the Prepatch will hit on 19.07.2016.

Usually, on EU we get patches on wednesday.

Which one is correct this time?
It's weds after the weekly reset etc.

We might be able to play the prepatch content after midnight but it's highly unlikely as servers will go down on the weds in the morning.
Server restart day, 20th wednesday.
Wednesday morning, at 7:00AM UTC the servers will all reset.
After 10-15 minutes, they will be back up, and the pre-patch will be live.
18/07/2016 07:21Posted by Melabi
Wednesday morning, at 7:00AM UTC the servers will all reset.
After 10-15 minutes, they will be back up, and the pre-patch will be live.

The servers will go down for maintenance, not just a reset. Usually, maintenance runs from 03:00 to 11:00.

Realistically, we should consider ourselves lucky if we can get on before 18:00.
First, the launcher sometimes incorrectly takes info from US servers. Or it could be EU CMs just copypasted the pic without adjusting the text

18/07/2016 09:01Posted by Subbie
The servers will go down for maintenance, not just a reset. Usually, maintenance runs from 03:00 to 11:00.

Realistically, we should consider ourselves lucky if we can get on before 18:00.

Here is a tip: plan something else, go have fun outside, it's summer...
Murphy's law: you stay home, patching takes whole day. You spend the day outside, patching is done 2-3 hours earlier.
@All: Breaking news now says from 03:00 to 09:00 (CEST) on the 20th.
18/07/2016 09:04Posted by Mahmeya
First, the launcher sometimes incorrectly takes info from US servers. Or it could be EU CMs just copypasted the pic without adjusting the text

18/07/2016 09:01Posted by Subbie

Murphy's law: you stay home, patching takes whole day. You spend the day outside, patching is done 2-3 hours earlier.

It's not summer where I am, but thanks for the condescending "advice."

(I'll be playing Rocket League/Dota 2).

18/07/2016 09:08Posted by Trelw
@All: Breaking news now says from 03:00 to 09:00 (CEST) on the 20th.

Alrighty, 17:00 it is.
18/07/2016 09:04Posted by Mahmeya

Pokemon GO has got me covered on that.
To confirm, in EU the patch day will be 20.07
Prepare your Angus
-_- typical...
18/07/2016 10:25Posted by Faida
-_- typical...

Typical that the patch is on a Wednesday like it has been for the past several years? :P I would imagine so, yes.
as we all know from past experiance the servers will go down for like a day due to unforseen bugs in the pre patch and every one will be like

OMG I WANTS TO PLAY !!!!!!!

and blizz be like WE WAS NOT PREPARED !!!!!

o and since the launch of wow in EU we have always been 1 day behind the US for patches. dont start geting all shocked and surprised now :D
REMINDER that tis p'much the same time as the US one, if you take into consideration the 9 hour timezone difference between Califonia and Central EU time.
Does the same apply for when Legion launches? Will US get it one day ahead of EU? :)
18/07/2016 11:21Posted by Keksson
Does the same apply for when Legion launches? Will US get it one day ahead of EU? :)

No, EU will actually get it first as the servers do not need to come down / patch for the official launch.
Do we have to download something more since we download this 20GB prepatch?
Nope, you should be good. As long as blizzard doesn't need to patch some things.
18/07/2016 10:30Posted by Ixenn
18/07/2016 10:25Posted by Faida
-_- typical...

Typical that the patch is on a Wednesday like it has been for the past several years? :P I would imagine so, yes.

It's been that way for only what, 12 years now. Some people still might not know, you need to be more considerate.