What does "Class Fantasy" mean to Blizzard?

General
Let's be honest here,
'Class Fantasy' was just a title for 'rework'

WoW is old now the spells and specs were very dated but we had the DH which had awesome animations and spells.

'Class Fantasy' is just Blizz reworking classes so they feel compatible with DH and the Legion experience, nothing more. WoW is an MMO and a slowly decaying one at that, they cant just sit by whilst the competition pumps out new MMOs yearly.

Last I heard GW2 was gathering a lot of steam along with SWTOR. It's all about money at the end of the day.
Don't worry, they'll prune class fantasy next year!

It's just a nothing term for "we're making changes because we feel we have to"
It's well noticeable that "class fantasy" has been reflected well in some specs and some others not, where there are small exceptions of certain spells failing to match here and there.

That's always been the case in many game aspects where some are exceptionally implemented and some may be quite insufficient.

For instance enhancement shaman is a great reflection of what class fantasy is meant to represent. (I recommend so that you try it out if you haven't done so yet, its amazing.)

As for the pruning mentioned above i may add that i noticed no less abilities in the 6 classes i play myself. In some cases there are even more abilities than before.

What I'm trying to say is that obviously there is plenty of room for improvement and better implementation of the "class fantasy" term but you can not go ahead and totally cancel it out.
28/07/2016 22:28Posted by Krexaur
The question is literally the title. They have removed many abilities that were essential for some classes and offered no replacement in the hole left behind.

These abilities also typically were moves you would expect the said class to have, so again I don't quite understand the reason for removing moves you would expect a class/spec to have with the reasoning being "class fantasy".

Could anyone shed any light on this? I'd ask Blizzard but it seems they have gone into hiding with no communication to the community at all.

DPS Buffs and Shield Walls ever ~2 mins.
29/07/2016 08:26Posted by Dairah
It's well noticeable that "class fantasy" has been reflected well in some specs and some others not, where there are small exceptions of certain spells failing to match here and there.

That's always been the case in many game aspects where some are exceptionally implemented and some may be quite insufficient.

For instance enhancement shaman is a great reflection of what class fantasy is meant to represent. (I recommend so that you try it out if you haven't done so yet, its amazing.)

As for the pruning mentioned above i may add that i noticed no less abilities in the 6 classes i play myself. In some cases there are even more abilities than before.

What I'm trying to say is that obviously there is plenty of room for improvement and better implementation of the "class fantasy" term but you can not go ahead and totally cancel it out.
Yeah, shamans... guys with totems and elemental magic, aren't they? It's look like already not :) Hunters? Those guys with pets, traps and bows? Also already not. Rogues, those blade fighters with poisons (who fighting fast and critical so victim couldn't do anything) and stealth (who able to wade into tricky areas and disarm traps and unlock closed doors)? Paladins who own holy power, bless seals and always desirable in any group because of their ability to maintain unique granted auras? Warriors? DK? Mages? Priests?
*hopelessly head shaking*
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752405875

I tried to describe class of words that are characteristic of any of its representatives, but I almost don't see any such stuff.
29/07/2016 06:37Posted by Lirena
I applaud the devs' efforts in trying to make everyone feel a little more unique again.

Anyone care to elaborate how it is more "unique" to be one of a million High-Lords of the Silver Hand, wielding the same Ashbringer as a million others, sharing the same base of operations with ... well, you get the idea.

29/07/2016 08:26Posted by Deådlift

Except it's nothing of what Enhancement was for 12 years. 10 years, as WoD was already a bit wonky in that way. It was always "totemic warriors" and now it's "the poor mans Thrall", regardless of how little sense it makes.