Portal to Dalaran (Northrend)

General
From Stormwind I can get nice easy portals to Pandaria, Outland and all the Catacalysm zones. I also have a special hearthstone to get to Draenor.

But if I want to get to Dalaran (Northrend) then I have to take a boat and then fly there.

For this reason, my hearthstone has been permanently set to Dalaran (Northrend) ever since Wrath. It's just the most sensible place as it means everywhere is only two portals away. It also means I have easy access to the Caverns of Time.

I'd much rather have it set to Stormwind, but waiting for a boat and then having to fly the entire continent to get somewhere useful in Northrend is just too inconvenient.

Could we get a portal to Dalaran (Northrend) set up in Northrend somewhere?
Go to the shrine of seven stars in Pandaria and make it your home. I've always had my hearthstone set to soss and it's the best way to get around azeroth.
You can change your Hearthstone to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, where you'll find a portal to Dalaran (Northrend) among others. It's in the left wing of the second floor in the Shrine of Seven Stars.

You can also buy Jaina's Locket on the Auction House, which will open a portal to Dalaran from anywhere with one hour cooldown.

And you can ask a mage.
05/08/2016 13:55Posted by Filantropisk
Go to the shrine of seven stars in Pandaria and make it your home. I've always had my hearthstone set to soss and it's the best way to get around azeroth.

Nah, I'm not setting that panda !@#$ as my home.
There is also a ring you can buy (also gives an achievement I think) to port you to dalaran. It's sold where the JC vendor is in Dalaran.

But this is no better than having it set to Dalaran really. Surely the best way to get around azeroth, and therefore the best place to have your hearth set to, should either be your faction's main city or the main city of the current expansion?

I'm aware there are some very expensive items that allow portaling to Dalaran, but that's not a priority for purchases right now.
05/08/2016 14:38Posted by Punyelf
There is also a ring you can buy (also gives an achievement I think) to port you to dalaran. It's sold where the JC vendor is in Dalaran.

There is also necklace - Jaina's Locket
http://www.wowhead.com/item=52251/jainas-locket
05/08/2016 13:35Posted by Twixxii
From Stormwind I can get nice easy portals to Pandaria, Outland and all the Catacalysm zones. I also have a special hearthstone to get to Draenor.

But if I want to get to Dalaran (Northrend) then I have to take a boat and then fly there.

For this reason, my hearthstone has been permanently set to Dalaran (Northrend) ever since Wrath. It's just the most sensible place as it means everywhere is only two portals away. It also means I have easy access to the Caverns of Time.

I'd much rather have it set to Stormwind, but waiting for a boat and then having to fly the entire continent to get somewhere useful in Northrend is just too inconvenient.

Could we get a portal to Dalaran (Northrend) set up in Northrend somewhere?

Hmm you can take the scenic route if you really want.. I go to the portal room for alliance or horde in Broken Isles Dalaran. Then I take the portal to Vale of Eternal Blossom (Pandaland) and from there I take a portal to Dalaran (Northrend)
05/08/2016 14:26Posted by Harricke

Nah, I'm not setting that panda !@#$ as my home.

05/08/2016 14:42Posted by Twixxii

But this is no better than having it set to Dalaran really. Surely the best way to get around azeroth, and therefore the best place to have your hearth set to, should either be your faction's main city or the main city of the current expansion?

I'm aware there are some very expensive items that allow portaling to Dalaran, but that's not a priority for purchases right now.

You do not need to set your hearthstone to Legion Dalaran because you have Dalaran Hearthstone. Shrine in Pandaria has the most portals beside Legion Dalaran and thus It is the most useful place to set your hearthstone. You have portals to all of racial main cities for your faction and also shattrath and Northrend Dalaran

There is no portal to Northrend Dalaran in Legion Dalaran because it would look wierd intead there is a portal to Wyrmrest Temple, so if you happen to be in Legion Dalaran you can go to the Chamber of Guardian and use that portal. Northrend Dalaran is not far from there.
i just take the new dala portal to shrine and then the portal to old dala.
no need to set ur HS at the shrine.

i got my HS set to suramar as convinience, but one could make their HS link to the new dala inn, this way u have another TP to dala while the other is on CD.

i actualy liked they freed the HS so we can set it where we want, handy while leveling to get back to the questline where u stopped for example.
05/05/2017 15:37Posted by Necrofenix
i just take the new dala portal to shrine and then the portal to old dala.

This!
With the portals available in Dalaran, Shrine, Shattrath and your faction city (+ Garrison hearthstone), you can get pretty much anywhere within a reasonable amount of time. Furthermore, all 4 cities are even connected through portals.

So I set the hearthstone to new Dalaran. That way I have two!
Check the date people, he made this in august - It was necro'd.

(Before new dalaran)
This comment of Necro's in most forums is irrelevant. Most players makes a comment not just for the OP but also for other people who are looking for info. I was curious as well to where the Dalaran (northrend) portal was. Who cares about the date. As long as the info is helpful.
Only way how it is not is if they remove Dalaran in Northrend.
Why is there a portal to Dalaran (Northrend) in Org but not in Stormwind?
07/08/2017 15:09Posted by Spàrrów

There isn't one.

I tend to go from new Dalaran, either via Shrine then use that portal to Dalaran Northrend or I just use the portal in the centre of new Dalaran and use the portal to Wyrmrest Temple.
07/08/2017 16:33Posted by Punyelf
07/08/2017 15:09Posted by Spàrrów

There isn't one.

I tend to go from new Dalaran, either via Shrine then use that portal to Dalaran Northrend or I just use the portal in the centre of new Dalaran and use the portal to Wyrmrest Temple.

There is one in orgri ...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There isn't one.

Ok enlighten me where is this portal to old Dalaran?

For New Dalaran (Legion) both capital cities have a portal to. But there isn't one in Orgrimmar that takes you to old Dalaran (in Northrend).
20/08/2017 18:50Posted by Imsopretty
07/08/2017 16:33Posted by Punyelf

There isn't one.

No, there isn't one. The moment legion is started it's switched to the new Dalaran. And the whole thread is moot. There is a portal to wormrest temple in new dalaran, which is as close to northrend dalaran as possible.
Portal to Old Dalaran in the MoP areas
For those people who like a grind, there is a tabard from the Argent tornament ground in Northrend that will teleport the user to the tornament ground. Just take a while to grind the champions seals to get it.