Several apexis daily rare creatures never spawn

Customer Support
It's not like they're "rare"... they just won't spawn, like... ever.

I've been camping every level 100 rare in the apexis zones (not Tanaan), the ones that are daily, and there are some of them that have disproportionately huge spawn times (that is... infinite spawn times, apparently).

I don't know if this behavior came with the 7.0 patch, since I stopped looking for them a long time ago, but since the introduction of the wardrobe I've been trying to unlock every appearance of these mobs' loot. It's daily loot and not guaranteed, so a really really long spawn time is not needed (and there are other daily rares around them that actually spawn).

Frostfire Ridge - Stonefury Cliffs (the ogres and slaves zone)
  • Gorivax. It's a void elemental or something. It's supposed to spawn inside some kind of mini-event (that never happens) on the same place where you finish the Soul-grinder quests.
  • Ug'lok the Frozen. This is a frost mage ogre that puts himself into an attackable ice block. This one does spawn, but apparently it can only be looted once per character. Doesn't even drop apexis. It's as if its daily counter never reset.

Frostfire Ridge - Iron Siegeworks (the Iron Horde base)
  • Ogom the Mangler, Earthshaker Holar, Kaga the Ironbender. They don't seem to spawn, ever. I've been parked on that zone for a whole evening and never seen them.

Talador - Lower Shattrath (the non-elite zone)
  • This one is easy. The only rare mob that spawns is Haakun the All-Consuming. Always. No other rare spawns, just Haakun all the way. He really is the All-Consuming!

The elite part of this zone spawns all its rare mobs properly.

And that's it I think. Those are the ones that no matter how much time I spend waiting for them... they never spawn (or are bugged somehow).

Daily rare mobs in general also seem to lose their silver dragon portrait even if they haven't been killed that day. They drop loot normally, but they show up without the rare portrait frame (and Ug'lok is the opposite: shows up with the silver dragon, but doesn't drop anything as if he was already looted that day).

So... please fix spawn and/or spawn times? :(
I also have a problem with Talador - Shattrath Harbor rares.

Any rare creature except for Haakun the All-Consuming mentioned in the post above is yet to be seen across 4 servers I regularly check. I do long-term camping checking every 5-10 minutes during very late hours (from 1 to 4 am CET) on a low populated server, and check every half an hour on the other 3 that are medium-high.

As far as I remember, the respawn time of rares was never as big as 12 or 24h in Dreanor. This makes me very suspicious about all this.
Same situation. Tracking Shattrath rares (Gug'tol, Legion Vanguard, Strategist Ankor + Archmagus Tekar + Soulbinder Naylana) for like 18 hours on 2 realms with no success.
I'd like to add confirmation from my side as well. Two specific rares I have been camping the past few weeks (Bombardier and Legion Vanguard) simply won't spawn. Even Bombardier, which is supposed to be a trigger from killing mobs in the area. I've not seen him spawn nor have managed to make him spawn for weeks now.

Any news on this? Or at least a confirmation that it is bugged, and that we should not waste our time on it?

Thanks.
I would like to add the same observation especially regarding the elites in Talador - Shattrath Harbor.
As OP said the only rare that spawns in that area is Haakun the All-Consuming.
Hey, but do not fret, because Blizzard "is not aware of any bugs with the Talador rare mobs" as of Saturday/Sunday.

The full GMs response to my enquiry about Legion Vanguard and ALL other rares was:
Hey <name>!

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Things have been a little hectic around here with Legion upon us!

We are not aware of any bugs with the Talador rare mobs at present!

Have you tried following the green text comments here for advice on making Legion Vanguard appear?
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=88494/legion-vanguard#comments

Check it out and give it a try ;)

If you need any more help with anything else please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Have an awesome day! :D
Gm Hydraetalyx

So apparently rare mobs spawning works as intended. They either stealth nerfed the respawn time of all rare creatures in Talador - Shattrath Harbor except for Haakun the All-Consuming for some reason, or the GM made me waste even more of my time.

Perhaps we need this topic to have multiple pages of player complaints before enough attention will be given to that issue. Until then Blizzard is fine with us possibly wasting hours of our time hunting presently non-existent creatures.
Marked As Solution
15/08/2016 12:31Posted by Kloivh
Perhaps we need this topic to have multiple pages of player complaints before enough attention will be given to that issue. Until then Blizzard is fine with us possibly wasting hours of our time hunting presently non-existent creatures.

Support don't work on or forward bugs, that's why a GM isn't likely to be aware of a bug unless it's already marked as a known issue. You need to submit a bug report ingame (not via ticket, there's an option for bugs) if you believe something is broken.
15/08/2016 13:19Posted by Nyshae
Support don't work on or forward bugs, that's why a GM isn't likely to be aware of a bug unless it's already marked as a known issue. You need to submit a bug report ingame (not via ticket, there's an option for bugs) if you believe something is broken.

How is that a solution to the problem? You suggest filing it as a bug, yet it will not help us a single bit with figuring out how we should to approach the issue.

However unlikely, it could be working as intended while I am failing to recognise it as my own mistake in observations. In this situation we would continue to think it's a bug, while it is not.
On the other hand, it could be a bug, but I continue hunting for those bugged rare spawns for a certain period of time thinking it might be an issue on my side.

Bug report is a one way communication, we never get any answer regardless whether we understand the situation right or wrong.

I could stop hunting for those rare spawns, but the resolution of whether the respawn was bugged or not will never come. I could be waiting for months on for that line in a patch notes saying something along the lines "Fixed the respawn time of certain rare creatures in Shattrath Harbor" and it would never come. How long shall I wait?

This suggestion is valid, but marking it by the MVP himself as a "solution" is borderline arrogant nonsense.

Blizzard does reply to bug reports on forums/twitter and whatnot confirming or denying the suggested understanding or approach to a certain gameplay issue. Another option would be to ask a GM if they can help. When that fails, social media is the second place to seek solution.

Bug report should be used whenever you suspect there is a bug. In this case as well. What I am saying is that filing the problem as a bug doesn't help understand the situation and may never do so at all. It is not a solution in any way, shape or form.
I'm not going into whether I agree how it's done or not, I'm just telling you why you're unlikely to get an answer on this from support since they themselves aren't the ones that handle that information. Yes, they could have better communication on known bugs and bug fixes by having the QA team compile a full list and display it publicly, but this is what we have. The main reason I posted is so you don't spend time attempting to get an answer that you won't get purely because they cannot give it to you :/ If you check other threads on suspected bug reports people are told to report it ingame.
15/08/2016 16:58Posted by Kloivh
This suggestion is valid, but marking it by the MVP himself as a "solution" is borderline arrogant nonsense.

Not sure if you're saying I marked it as solved, I didn't. Only blueposters and the OP can do that. We have no access whatsoever to marking threads solved.
15/08/2016 17:23Posted by Nyshae
Not sure if you're saying I marked it as solved, I didn't. Only blueposters and the OP can do that. We have no access whatsoever to marking threads solved.

My apologies for jumping to erroneous conclusions so hastily.

I'm not going into whether I agree how it's done or not, I'm just telling you why you're unlikely to get an answer on this from support since they themselves aren't the ones that handle that information. Yes, they could have better communication on known bugs and bug fixes by having the QA team compile a full list and display it publicly, but this is what we have. The main reason I posted is so you don't spend time attempting to get an answer that you won't get purely because they cannot give it to you :/ If you check other threads on suspected bug reports people are told to report it ingame.

It seems odd, because before posting I double checked myself and looked through neighbouring threats here. Here http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613081236 , for example, the topic received a response stating that the bug is known. Yet the bug is not listed in most recent Known Bugs list - "7.0.3 Known Issues - Updated 8/9/2016" here http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747325187 .

In the light of that, do you still think people would not get the answer posting here?
15/08/2016 17:33Posted by Kloivh
It seems odd, because before posting I double checked myself and looked through neighbouring threats here. Here http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613081236 , for example, the topic received a response stating that the bug is known. Yet the bug is not listed in most recent Known Bugs list - "7.0.3 Known Issues - Updated 8/9/2016" here http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747325187 .

It does say " Please be advised that this list does not include every issue that we know about". Support might have information about high impact stuff (things that completely block character progress, like the one you mentioned) but something like rare mobs not spawning would require investigation to begin with, and....well, frankly I'd bet something like this is going to be low priority, with Legion upcoming.
Edit: though I mostly mean there's no point sending tickets, hence the GM part. I'd never submit a ticket asking whether something is bugged, in any MMO. (Edit 2: but, never mind. I'll just not tell people this kind of thing anymore, they can wait till someone else comes along and says it :/)
I'm not going into whether I agree how it's done or not, I'm just telling you why you're unlikely to get an answer on this from support since they themselves aren't the ones that handle that information.

Why do they make statements like "We are not aware of any bugs with the Talador rare mobs at present!"?

For a mere mortal it sounds more like a polite way to say that Blizzard/WoWTeam (because GMs always speak from their name I had assumed) sees no problem there and that there is an issue with the players observations, rather than with the game. It is not obvious that the response means that Game Masters, but not the WoWTeam, are unaware of the issue. All while the issue may actually exist and Blizzard may or may not know about it.
If that is so, then it is good to know and will help understand GM responses better.

EDIT:
P.S. From my MMORPG experience (coming from Ultime Online) I always thought that Game Masters are actual Masters of the Game and are closely tied to the development of the game. While in World of Warcraft it was more or less obvious that they are not that close to the DevTeam in terms of communication, the assumption that they would have a clear understanding of the most recent bugs remained strong. Because, well, until now, I never had an issue with them giving a somewhat misleading information.
15/08/2016 17:42Posted by Nyshae
Support might have information about high impact stuff (things that completely block character progress, like the one you mentioned) but something like rare mobs not spawning would require investigation to begin with, and...

I didn't realise that the problem in that neighbouring thread was fairly critical. Though this one here potentially makes people waste a fair amount of time. And I could think of just a couple of times when I came across something like certain creatures not spawning for everyone since times of Classic.

There were instances where you would miss an opportunity to kill a certain creature during some event or a stage in a quest line, but at least you would know there was no point in killing them in hopes to loot that missed item or waiting for a certain creature to respawn thanks to websites like wowhead or official forums.

I am hopeful about it being not in the bottom of the priority list.
Same problem, no rares other than Haakun the All-Consuming in shattrath harbor.
I have the same problem. Can't find the rares Bombardier Gu'gok, Gug'tol, Legion Vanguard. Therefore I cant finish the AV :( Annoying!!
07/08/2016 23:36Posted by Crowland
Gorivax. It's a void elemental or something. It's supposed to spawn inside some kind of mini-event (that never happens) on the same place where you finish the Soul-grinder quests.

I tracked down Gorivax. He spawns when you enter the Soulgrinder portal atop of the shadowflame bonfire with 3 ogres channeling dark magiks around it.

I killed him a day ago, so he does exist as of 7.0.3 patch. The portal spawns much less often than other rare spawns in Stonefury Cliffs.
Moreover, I've seen the portal spawn 2 out of 3 times in a different place in Stonefury Cliffs other than atop of the mentioned bonefire. When you enter those portals, you fight overwhelming number of void walkers that give you progress towards the area quest. If you remain in the portal after defeating all voidwalkers, another wave of them appears. I didn't wait for third one, as I would get indeed overwhelmed, but it could be the primer for Gorivax.
Same problem here.

Anyone started Legion Vanguard or killed Xothear in 7.0.3 patch?
exact same problem on cho'gall-Eu.