Spaceships...

General
13/08/2016 13:35Posted by Catherine
Blizzard have already introduced the existence of "planetary origination" into WoW. Since the Legion only wants worlds to be destroyed, would that not be the sort of technology it would employ? In a universe where sci-fi and sword-n-sorcery meet, it's science that wins.

Yet we are fighting with swords and arrows.

Actually, the exact goal of the Burning Legion is not entirely certain.

I believe that the lore about the first invasion of the Legion, during the War of the Ancients, says that the legion mainly wanted the power of the Well of Eternity. Which is further supported by the fact that during the second invasion, WC3, Archimonde set out for the World Tree, which had the Well of Eternity resting in between is roots.

There's also the thing about World Souls. http://wow.gamepedia.com/World-soul. As far as I understand, certain planets have world souls and these souls can eventually become Titans. The Void Lords (which are presumably even more powerfull than the Legion) created the Old Gods to seed all worlds in the hope to corrupt these world souls.

Azeroth is, completely incidental of course, the most powerful world soul ever discovered. Hence, for all we know, Sargeras wants to corrupt this baby-not-yet-born-titan for his own goals. Or drain its power, etc. Whatever his goal is, it's probably not desirable to destroy Azeroth outright. If that were the case then this invasion is a waste of time.

On a whole other note, why do people keep calling these ships 'spaceships'. They're floating hunks of metal, we've seen those before. Nowhere does it say or indicate these ships can actually move into space. As far as we know, they're just metal airships.
Well, Spaceships are a seriously valid means on transportation in the fantasy world and in the real world. It's time for people to start growing up (mentally) and accepting this fact, which is highly laughed at, mocked and ridiculed in the real world due to how society has been cleverly manipulated and brainwashed. "The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness."
I kinda like seeing those big ships hovering over us during the invasions. I don't know why but it seems so much more threatening than demons just appearing out of the clouds would.
I personally love the ships. They take me back, because they kind of remind me of ships from certain games like the whole Halo series, and of course Destiny.
You are bothered by spaceships when we have black hole generators
Technically they're dimension ships
just saying
We had known that the legion had high magic/technology since TBC
13/08/2016 16:32Posted by Naera
13/08/2016 13:35Posted by Catherine
Blizzard have already introduced the existence of "planetary origination" into WoW. Since the Legion only wants worlds to be destroyed, would that not be the sort of technology it would employ? In a universe where sci-fi and sword-n-sorcery meet, it's science that wins.

Yet we are fighting with swords and arrows.

Actually, the exact goal of the Burning Legion is not entirely certain.

I believe that the lore about the first invasion of the Legion, during the War of the Ancients, says that the legion mainly wanted the power of the Well of Eternity. Which is further supported by the fact that during the second invasion, WC3, Archimonde set out for the World Tree, which had the Well of Eternity resting in between is roots.

There's also the thing about World Souls. http://wow.gamepedia.com/World-soul. As far as I understand, certain planets have world souls and these souls can eventually become Titans. The Void Lords (which are presumably even more powerfull than the Legion) created the Old Gods to seed all worlds in the hope to corrupt these world souls.

Azeroth is, completely incidental of course, the most powerful world soul ever discovered. Hence, for all we know, Sargeras wants to corrupt this baby-not-yet-born-titan for his own goals. Or drain its power, etc. Whatever his goal is, it's probably not desirable to destroy Azeroth outright. If that were the case then this invasion is a waste of time.

On a whole other note, why do people keep calling these ships 'spaceships'. They're floating hunks of metal, we've seen those before. Nowhere does it say or indicate these ships can actually move into space. As far as we know, they're just metal airships.

The goal of Burning Legion is basically to destroy all planets in our universe. Sargeras fears the Void Lords and if they manage to corrupt a world soul it's powers would be beyond comprehension. To Sargeras, a universe devoid of life is a better one compared to the possibility of a tainted world soul.
13/08/2016 13:27Posted by Inflamings
Idea of Legion attacking is good, but spaceships really ?

Couldnt they just pop out of some green clouds that opened on sky and fall down in form of meteor ?

Spaceships in WoW makes no sense, 1 000 000 000 ton giant monstrosity levitates and makes portals and we are fighting with swords and arrows...

:/

I was a bit "Ahh... StarCraft in WoW!!" but got over it after a day or two.
Next thing we will see is Tracer running around Stormwind showing off her !@#$ cause hey! it's a blizzard game too!!! :)
Spaceships in WoW makes no sense, 1 000 000 000 ton giant monstrosity levitates and makes portals and we are fighting with swords and arrows...

Yeah... like an Ironclad equipped with four gnomish-roto-engines.
Or like a huge battleship with a monstrous cannon on the deck and two baloons!

Live Long and Prosper \V/_
we are fighting with swords and arrows...

That's because too many refuse to take advice from Gnomes.
13/08/2016 17:05Posted by Sharmina
I kinda like seeing those big ships hovering over us during the invasions. I don't know why but it seems so much more threatening than demons just appearing out of the clouds would.

I certainly like how it looks.
Lore wise i agree it doesn't fit, if the legion had giant flying ships that could raid down death from above they would have made an earlier appearance.

From a gameplay PoV, i'm okay with things like this being added to spice stuff up, invasions would be a lot less cool if it was just portals opening up instead of a giant ship sending down demons.
13/08/2016 23:30Posted by Khrunix
Lore wise i agree it doesn't fit, if the legion had giant flying ships that could raid down death from above they would have made an earlier appearance.

From a gameplay PoV, i'm okay with things like this being added to spice stuff up, invasions would be a lot less cool if it was just portals opening up instead of a giant ship sending down demons.

Did you ever encounter a Fel Reaver in TBC...? You know those huuuuge mechanical monstrosity that would walk about in Hellfire Peninsula and other zones. Once you heard it - you knew you were likely to just.. die.
That was not enough of a sci-fi clue that the Legion is fairly well advanced.. Much more so than we'd like to think.

Draenei crashing their Spaceship into Azeroth should have cemented the deal for ya.. Right there.

The fact is that the Legion consists of many races - some are incredibly magically adept. Others are experts within science and technology. Infernals are a great example of Legion engineering which is quite well even disguised as magic.

There has only ever been one great Demonic Invasion in Azeroth's time.. The rest of the Legion invasions have all been through other races like the Orcs and the Scourge. All these invasions have failed before gaining enough of a foothold to summon the Legion (remember it required the Well of Eternity to try and summon Sargeras through to this World...)

There has been little reason for them to bring out the heavy artillery until now and much less grounds for them to do so, first of all they've not been summoned in well over ten thousand years. This time.. It is the Legion invading head on, without tricking other races into doing their bidding. Not through Undeads.. Not through Orcs... But with actual Legion armies. Say hello to technology and magic combined through Fel.

Dude, Dalaran is floating. You do realise that, right? There is a teleporting, floating city out there and you're wondering about spaceships?
13/08/2016 23:57Posted by Abacinate

Dude, Dalaran is floating. You do realise that, right? There is a teleporting, floating city out there and you're wondering about spaceships?

What if i tell you that this is exactly the reason why hes disliking spaceships? :P magic is well magic. Fantasy. Spaceships are too close for comfort to the real world with all the science and stuff.

I dont like it either but whatever. Exodar/Arcatraz/Mechanara/Botanica are saying hi. Aslong as they do not suddely turn into a "non plus ultra weapon that cannot be stopped by anything" i frankly dont care. Or aslong as they dont get toooooo involved with the lore (unless we board one and fight inside of it. That one i maaaay like)
Azeroth and Dreanor are different PLANETS! This has been established since Warcraft 1. So your point is invalid as Blizzard created a dynamic universe that has planets in various different stages of development.

Azeroth being the YOUNGEST World-Soul, is LESS Technologically developed then Argus. Dreanor was only under-developed because Orcs are stupid and don't care for technology until after they've been on Azeroth for a while.
I was skeptical at first, but they fit really well and are very "legionish". :D
Legion aren't from Azeroth, they're literally from other planets of which they assimilate other races into their armies... they're superior in tech compared to the denizens of Azeroth...

Hell, they're literally Warcraft's equivalent of Zergs from Starcraft.

That being said, you'd think they would have their armies kitted out with ranged weapons, instead of all of them being melee mostly...
13/08/2016 15:24Posted by Belvarn
If only you could hold a boarding party raid on them...

Now this needs to be a thing....Blizzard? Make this happen.