Zandalari and War of the Ancients Question

Story
Hello. I was wondering if the Zandalari and other hostile races or groups throughout Azeroth were aware of the Legion invasion during the 3rd war? Are they aware of the Night Elves' sacrifice? In lore, have the Night Elves made any enemies or new friends as a result of sacrificing their immortality? I mean I suppose some races are just brutes and savage like gnolls and centaurs who are born to hunt and fight. Such races won't understand the perspective of how the Night Elves sacrificed so much for everyone and everything's existence.

Intelligent races like trolls, such as the Zandalari, (I know we still battle them even today) what they would have thought about this, since it did result in them still being around today instead of being consumed by the Burning Legion. I just really wonder how this sacrifice affected their [Kal'dorei] status with other races and faction outside the Horde and Alliance.

Thanks
17/08/2016 15:36Posted by Nylaethos
Hello. I was wondering if the Zandalari and other hostile races or groups throughout Azeroth were aware of the Legion invasion during the 3rd war?

Probably, in Zandalari case they were still recovering and no where near as strong as they once were due to the Shattering.

In lore, have the Night Elves made any enemies or new friends as a result of sacrificing their immortality?

Characters like Malfurion that are neutral to both Horde and Alliance, so yes. Outside of that? Don't know.

Intelligent races like trolls, such as the Zandalari, (I know we still battle them even today) what they would have thought about this, since it did result in them still being around today instead of being consumed by the Burning Legion.

They wouldn't care, they still don't. It's the Night Elves fault (technically) that their kingdom got ruined originally so I doubt they harbor any good feelings towards them.
Hello. I was wondering if the Zandalari and other hostile races or groups throughout Azeroth were aware of the Legion invasion during the 3rd war? Are they aware of the Night Elves' sacrifice? In lore, have the Night Elves made any enemies or new friends as a result of sacrificing their immortality? I mean I suppose some races are just brutes and savage like gnolls and centaurs who are born to hunt and fight. Such races won't understand the perspective of how the Night Elves sacrificed so much for everyone and everything's existence.

Intelligent races like trolls, such as the Zandalari, (I know we still battle them even today) what they would have thought about this, since it did result in them still being around today instead of being consumed by the Burning Legion. I just really wonder how this sacrifice affected their [Kal'dorei] status with other races and faction outside the Horde and Alliance.

Thanks

The only real friends the Kaldorei made during the WotA that lasted were the Furbolgs and the Tauren since in WCIII you had Furbolgs teaming up with the Night elves and Tauren had friendly relations that led to the Tauren druids.

As for the Zandalari, Nerubians or whatever, I think they did fight the Legion on their own turf during that time but didn't care that Nelves were dying because of it.

For the Third War, it's kinda hard to explain since the Zandalari empire thing only really get fleshed out come WoW. So the troll lore had to be retconned a bit, going as far as swapping one troll tribe for another in between WCII and WCIII.
As far as I know, the Zandalari were not involved in the Third War. The only other tribes involved were either on the side of the Horde (Darkspear), Dark Horde (Trolls units whom you fought in Blackrock and Roll to) and the Night Elves (Dark Trolls in the last mission of WCIII).

However let's not forget that in early WoW (least from vanilla till WotLK) that the Zandalari were the enlightened types who wanted to preserve what little was left of Troll civilization and teamed up with Horde and Alliance to that goal. It's only from Cata that they became antagonists.
Those guys worked with Nelves and Belves so MAYBE there was some sympathy but I doubt that would be now since the drastic militaristic expansion approach they're now headed.
Something to note, before the War of the Ancients broke out, Queen Azshara made a deal with the various Troll tribes...more than likely, this included speaking with the Zandalari tribe as well. The deal was that Azshara would not expand her Empire onto Troll land, providing they did not invade the lands of the Empire. What she left the Trolls with were their own 'quite small' locations, however, due to the power that the Highborne had with the Well of Eternity, the Trolls had to accept this deal. This is something that did not ease the tension between Elf/Troll relations, before and after the Sundering.

This hatred also extended towards the High Elves of Quel'thalas (Descendants of Azshara's Highborne) and the Amani.

It is likely that the various Trolls were aware of the coming of the Legion, and like Gorvar said, they probably fought to defend their own turf, not care about the fate of the Elves, because why should they? The Elves and Azshara told them what they could and couldn't do, why should they suddenly care about those Elves now? (also insert the Helf/Amani animosity because of Azshara's dealings with the Trolls)