World of Warcraft 2: The Reboot

General
Warning: I am dyslectic so my spelling may be off

Hello All,

So i have been this alot of thought and I was wondering what could blizzard do to revive the mmorpg market and I thought what if wow did a reboot.

Now i know what you might be thinking... "what why a reboot of the same game we dont want to play horde and allaince" but thats the thing WoW's lore hasnt always been Horde and the Alliance there is so many routes history could take us. I have listed three reboot ideas below of what i think would be great to see some day. (not gone in to much detail as i will make a video on youtube about this.

World of Warcraft: Before the sundering of azeroth:

Back before the sundering we did not have the horde invasion instead we had races such as High Elfs. I think this would be a great kind of expansion to play as we could be able to see how azeroth becomes what it is today and expierence the first invasion from the demons. We also could maybe change the history.

World of Wacraft: Alternate Universe

What if we played a world of warcraft where Arthas did not betray his kingdom and that maybe medeiv was not corrupted by sargeras what would world of warcraft be? we would still have the alliance of loderon and if medeiv was never corrupted then we would possibly not have the horde invasion. What would world of warcraft look like then.. Would the world be controlled by Humans, Would the other races rebel against them?

World of Wacraft: The future

What if we were in a world 1000s or 100s of years after the current state of wow what would be the state of the world? would we still have an horde and alliance, would we still have races such as dwarfs, elfs, orcs, turen, gomes and goblins ect. Who knows would we be using guns? who knows but maybe Azeroth may become a world part of many where the armys of azeroth are at war with other planets? and the factions could be based on the differnet planets... does there even need to be factions can there maybe be a system like Star Wars Galaxies where you had a choice to be a free lancer? who knows but sounds great to me? Would world of warcraft be history? would the name of Arthas and Sargeras even be known.

Anyway here is a couple of my ideas what does everyone else think? I was thinking people say all time we need a new blizzard mmorpg. well to me i love World of Warcraft but i think blizzard need time to think outside the box give them somthing new to work with and rather than making a whole new universe why not expand apon wows. WoW does not need to be based on Alliance and Horde you know :)
So do I get to keep my characters or start again?
It would be a new character as technically a new MMORPG just based in wow universe
That would be a bad move. People that have played their accounts for X amount of years will probably not pick up another MMO set in the same universe and have all their years of progress wiped.

Having two MMO:s active at the same time would also be a bad move, directly competing with themselves.

All in all a bad business move altogether.
14/08/2016 23:22Posted by Karzina
That would be a bad move. People that have played their accounts for X amount of years will probably not pick up another MMO set in the same universe and have all their years of progress wiped.

Having two MMO:s active at the same time would also be a bad move, directly competing with themselves.

fair enough interesting view on it
Why would they make a new game while this one serves the purpose?

Also, any time story writers want us to see the past we get Caverns of Time. No need to respin the game for that.
14/08/2016 23:23Posted by Kaoci
14/08/2016 23:22Posted by Karzina

fair enough interesting view on it
i would call that an accurate view on it
i would really like the idea of an new world of warcraft.

i would really enjoy to start from scratch with an good and reliable mmo-rpg. but it has to be in an new zone, not the same azeroth again. i would really dislike only the lore change, we need to have an new zone to get the feeling of an new mmo-rpg.

i would enjoy it if blizzard made vanilla server tho.
kinda the same thing like an reboot :P
Id actually prefer to go back to more simpler times between different clans, groups, faction, pirates and other things of that nature.

The whole world ending thing will be good but weve had it all the time since wotlk.
Before the Sundering would be interesting, though 1 giant land mass would be a bit boring. And which factions would there be?

Alternate history; I think most people are done with that concept after WoD.

Future; They would rather make a Starcraft MMO instead I would think.
<Message Deleted>
15/08/2016 11:09Posted by Izzyfurious
I am using my old smartphone and posting on the new website.

And that's relevant for the discussion about another MMO in exactly what way?
15/08/2016 11:21Posted by Karzina
I am using my old smartphone and posting on the new website.

And that's relevant for the discussion about another MMO in exactly what way?
Sorry i posted in the wrong thread. Will fix when i come home on my PC.

Edit: Fixed it now, sorry again for the mistake!
14/08/2016 21:40Posted by Kaoci
thats the thing WoW's lore hasnt always been Horde and the Alliance

Erm, yes it has. Even a long time before WoW, back in 1994, its first ever predecessor was an RTS called Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, where you had to play one side against the other.
i was thinking more like world of starcraft, exploring planets, endless chances for expansions

wow needs new engine, its simply too old, that could be a reason for them to make new version