What the !@#$ is going on?

General
Kazzak is 70 mins!
You're on the most populated Realm, genius... it's got almost 800k characters on it...
This is due to many factors...

Picking a populated server that has it's pluses, such as a wider economy to make gold on but has it's negatives such as queue times.

Really, shouldn't put all your max characters into one realm, move one or two onto a lower populated realm and you should be able to level that up until the queues go down in a few weeks from now.

Every expansion launch has had this so it's not like we've not had this sort of discussion before by others.
01/09/2016 18:40Posted by Forumpost

I could barely reach 106 until now due to that. Some people in the guild (mostly on benefits, I guess) reached 110 before it went bad during the first day.

So, yeah, another shout out to your "amazing" engineers, Blizzard...for an "amazing" launch. As always, I'd like to offer my DEEPEST and HARDEST sympathy to them. You know what I'm talking about - #forharambe - you useless *#@!%

They did do quite an amazing job tho. In previous expansions the lag was unbearable for pretty much any realm. Now it only seems to affect the handful of overpopulated largest realms.

Considering that you chose to play on such a realm, I'd say that ones on you. It's one of the few (maybe the only one with this exp) downsides to a heavy pop realm.
01/09/2016 17:16Posted by Mmaartiinn
so what should i do if i cant play what i pay for i dont understand???
Im not going to pay money to change realms and i dont have all day to wait till it will log me in

YOU picked a high populated server, thus it's YOUR fault and YOUR alone!

Give it a week or two - yes, you will survive waiting that long!

How can people STILL be surprised that there are queues at the beginning of expansions? :D
Posted by Forumpost

I could barely reach 106 until now due to that. Some people in the guild (mostly on benefits, I guess) reached 110 before it went bad during the first day.

So, yeah, another shout out to your "amazing" engineers, Blizzard...for an "amazing" launch. As always, I'd like to offer my DEEPEST and HARDEST sympathy to them. You know what I'm talking about - #forharambe - you useless *#@!%

Rofl... I logged in the moment it was 30/08/2016 midnight.
Never had any issues at all. You are lvl 106 atm despite your 'problems', I am lvl 103 and logged in and played every single day at various times during the days.

So my question is, since we're both playing on Kazzak but you speak about 'unplayable' when for me everything was/is smooth, how can this be??
I think the problem lies with you and certainly not with Blizzard's.
I'm not a Blizzard fanboy, far from it btw, but it's not ALL Blizzard's fault!

P.S.: The only issue I have is, since this evening, the queue times I have now. But that one is on me for playing on a very populated server.
try 2,5 hours with 5k in que like on Silvermoon.
Queues don't belong in a subscription service game, and the belief that it should is absurd.

The only difference between #5000 in the queue and those who are playing is that they were fortunate to log on earlier. They are getting what they paid for, while your money is wasting away sat in a queue.
If the server cannot hold that many people, then the answer is get better servers. It isn't, as some people would rather, steal game time from others and call 'bad luck.' You are paying the same as those who are playing, and thus should be treated equally.
I used to play on Outland, moved to Tarren Mill, I can log on straight away and it's just as good a server, just transfer if your sick of wait times. Everything is cross realm anyway
Game loses population > players transfer more populated realm > Game loses population > repeat until expansion releases, its a ticking time bomb.
lul, outland plebs. enjoy the que times scrub.
01/09/2016 18:42Posted by Fakeprada
01/09/2016 17:13Posted by Xuetah
You play on a very highly populated realm and the expansion hasn't even been live for more than a week, what do you expect?

Well Blizzard investing some of their huge profits into bigger and better server capacity and stability would be a great start!

You think blizzard aren't already using the top of line hardware currently avaliable...problems like this are completely unavoidable, welcome to the internet
I get rage fit every time I have to stand in queue too.

My solution you ask? :

Wreck the retard that dare to call himself super market manager, smash up every god damn of his miserable !@#$s for excuses of employees and take a !@#$ in the meat desk!

Works every time to get out my frustrations.

And I know I am entitled to, cause I am a paying customer after all.

Also going to teach them a lesson or two about running a store that allows queues to happen.

A so called win/win situation for all parts involved.
server shutdown? how long???
01/09/2016 19:16Posted by Forumpost
01/09/2016 19:03Posted by Dornaril

Wow you work in a place you can't have holidays? In the UK you have the right to 28 days a year off. I booked the last two days off 6 months ago.

It's called contracting. You can have as many days off as you wish - but you don't get paid for them. At 400/day, you lose 800 for "a couple of days off" to play WoW (unless servers are laggy, of course, in which case you lose them over nothing; there's no way of knowing in advance whether they'll work either)

This is the UK and your comments are as useless as Blizzard's engineers.

I don't usually post here but your unbelieve ignorance and your immediate dismissal of your own guildmates has rather offended me.

Actually most of us with decent jobs don't have to survive on a day to day contractual basis. We get a set amount of days off that we are actively encouraged to take off over the year, which we still get our full wages for, and get to enjooy ourselves however we want to.
So actually his comment was compeltely fine, and you're the ignorant fool who apparently has a crappy job.
01/09/2016 22:10Posted by Indicina
Queues don't belong in a subscription service game, and the belief that it should is absurd.

The only difference between #5000 in the queue and those who are playing is that they were fortunate to log on earlier. They are getting what they paid for, while your money is wasting away sat in a queue.
If the server cannot hold that many people, then the answer is get better servers. It isn't, as some people would rather, steal game time from others and call 'bad luck.' You are paying the same as those who are playing, and thus should be treated equally.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, obviously queues are something you want to avoid, but there are certain limitations to server capacity... There's always too much traffic for any server to handle on expansion launches, all I see people asking is "why don't they just get better servers?" and the thing is, they probably can't get any better, they already doubled the amount of players that can be logged in at the same time on a single realm, and that's a big thing. I'm not saying it's 100% sure, but it's likely.

Now whether or not this kind of a game should be subscription based even though there are such obvious problems that more or less can't be helped is another matter entirely.
Following the bandwagon to them overpopulated realms does have its drawbacks. Yes they have bigger market, more players, more guilds, more progression. But also overcrowding in questing zones, lag, queue times and so on. The influx of paid migrations to already full zones began years ago, leading to realms like Outland, Kazzak, Silvermoon etc bursting at the seams while scores of other realms were more or less dead.

Anyway, it will either ease down in a week or two, or there will be free migrations to less populated realms, or both.

I haven't queued for one minute since I abandoned Silvermoon. Best thing I ever did.

(Tinfoil hat theory: Allowing paid migrations to overcrowded servers is maybe just a cynical strategy - when realms get too full, just open free migration to empty servers - and once those players get bored and queues are gone they pay to move back. And the $ keeps rolling in...)
Servers barely mean anything anymore, just jump shipif blizzard opens free transfer.
Blame it all on the people who Flock to 1 server or specific servers. Cus "its the best raiding server with the best raiders and so on". if you dont like it, go to another server. You will have alot less problems like loging into the game.