Computer freezes, blue screen ect

Technical Support
I've been having alot of crashes recently. I don't know what i can do. When I open wow i can sometimes play for a few minutes. Then it will crash, and it will just shut down into a black screen, then a blue screen for like 3 seconds and then off. What do I do?
I can almost bet that you have an issue with your RAM memory.

Best thing to try out if you're OK with opening your PC, and assuming you have 2x RAM dimms, try remove one of them (with the computer off) and start your PC. you will have less performance, but try wow and see if it still gives you the BSOD (blue scren). Do the same for the other RAM dimm. Check which one crashes. Its not likely that both will be damaged, but it can happen.

Another issue could be that your GPUs are getting hot because the computer could be full of dust, and if you are lucky and didnt damage the GPU already, you can try clean the GPU fan and the heatsink. Take the chance to maybe clean everything because you know you will be playing Legion for a few hours a day (if not the entire day) :P

Good luck.
It could be a problem with my CPU overheating. I have also had my pc overheated multiple times. I've had my pc opened and we cleaned most of the dust that was inside. It kept overheating but after a little bit it stopped. And then it just kinda acted normal, and then a few bluescreens, but now after legions launch its just been insane. I cant be in the game for a minute without it crashing!
The dreadful BSOD. It can be caused by garzillions of reasons.

Here is my most recent experience. Ever since I bought desktop PC 2 years ago, I have been using USB TP-link modem.

Only recently I have discovered that if I unplug this USB and plug it in again while PC is turned on, BSOD will happen.

In such situations, I'd give everything if some wizard could tell me the exact reason, explained all the way down to the hardware level if needed, why it's happening.

I hope you will be able to solve your problem.

Regards,
Imm
30/08/2016 13:19Posted by Fielini
It could be a problem with my CPU overheating. I have also had my pc overheated multiple times. I've had my pc opened and we cleaned most of the dust that was inside. It kept overheating but after a little bit it stopped. And then it just kinda acted normal, and then a few bluescreens, but now after legions launch its just been insane. I cant be in the game for a minute without it crashing!

Cleaning inside doesn't help much, the real issue is on the heatsinks from both the CPU and GPU... if you dont clean those, the heat won't be dissipated by the fans and the heat will remain on the heatsink which will cause your CPU/GPU to keep heating untill it reaches the temperature pick and shut itself off to prevent damage.. but if ur saying that ur playing 3 minutes, and you're seeing a BSOD (bluescreen) i almost sure it could be something with ur RAM, and on a worst case scenario ur GPU been damaged from all the heating.

Try to do what i mentioned in the above steps.

Good luck
Hey Fielini,
Desenterrada has offered you some great advice and even though they are quite simple but be sure your comfortable in trying them, if not try find someone that is.

I also replied to your other thread with some steps.

But it is more often than not RAM, heat issues, or a new device you have added with drivers causing the crash.
A BSOD error can be hard to pinpoint, it can be a driver, hardware issue, software bugs so on...

If the bluescreen holds a few sec, there is usally a long string of numbers in the lower screen, something like this : *** STOP: 0x00000000321 (the last numbers will be different than mine example ofc)

Try see what`s youre number are, if you manage, we sometimes can identify the error.

If you find that error code when it happends, please give some basic pc spec also, like type of cpu,ram, gfx , windows version so on...
I got some system freezes as well while running WoW after Legion launch on Windows 10... I updated to the latest nvidia driver, so far it`s ok.
Having the same issue, but i get no blue screen.

Screen goes black, and i have to hard reset it.

Happends randomly, and only started happening after Legion Invasion patch.
30/08/2016 20:45Posted by Nenji
Having the same issue, but i get no blue screen.

Screen goes black, and i have to hard reset it.

Happends randomly, and only started happening after Legion Invasion patch.

Same here,im tryed everything but cant fix it..