Am I lagging behind?

General
Legion started at 00:00 30th August. I didn't play that night, I have a job, I played 7-8 hours in 2 days so far and I'm 103 (completed Azsuna storyline, but I still have some more quests there).

Meanwhile I can see ppl writing threads about hc/mythic dungeon and world quest spamming 820+ ilvl, etc. I mean dafuq, so many ppl have no life or I'm too casual?
The problem is us, we are taking it too slow. Also, we didn't take a paid leave from work. The people who never liked the RPG part of WoW and wanna be "hardcore" are rushing everything. They will be moaning in a few days because they are bored (already) lol.

We have 2 weeks to reach max level and get some starter gear. The more gear you get now (like towards 840) the less real upgrades you will get from the next unlocks (idk about you but i hate going +5 ilvls for some stats and that's it).

I'm at 106.5 and finished stormheim+highmountain so still got 2 zones not touched. Taking it slow, enjoying the content, because in 1 month it will already be "old".
It's taken me since launch to get to 101. Levelling characters is so boring, especially these days when all the classes are boring to play and all the little things are gone.
I'm on holiday in Spain until middle of next week. Haven't even started yet lol. There's no rush though, we got like 2 years
If it makes you feel any better, my character is still logged out in daralan ready for me to log in, yes that's right, as my Dad said work before pleasure

We all have our ways, and mine will be tonight. I'm not going to rush to 110, I'm going to complete every zone 100% and I've got 3 weeks before anything new comes about

Loads of time
"I'm lvl 106 and taking it slow"

Hahaha hahaha. Ha.

I've been playing legion every evening and most mornings since the expansion. My wife is mad.

But... I haven't got a single toon over 101 and in fact most of them just stopped after unlocking class hall. I haven't even played four of them yet!

106 is not taking it slow. If you moan about lack of content in a few weeks, don't say I didn't warn you!
I was wondering the same thing.

A good chunk of my guild are 110 and doing gearing runs, i have played a lot more than usual (1.5 - 2 hours a night) but im still short of 104.

I saw some guildies 110 the day after launch and i don't know how they got there so fast
I wouldn't worry too much about it: Them be chasin' those nice and shiny itemlevel numbers, and by the time you get there, it'll be very easy to get and they'll just be chasing the next BiS list without realizing how much of an idiotic hamster-wheel this is and the only real value being the lasting transmog-sets. Anything else is just... vapor. Dust. Carrots-On-a-Stick.
01/09/2016 07:05Posted by Meslun
Legion started at 00:00 30th August. I didn't play that night, I have a job, I played 7-8 hours in 2 days so far and I'm 103 (completed Azsuna storyline, but I still have some more quests there).

Meanwhile I can see ppl writing threads about hc/mythic dungeon and world quest spamming 820+ ilvl, etc. I mean dafuq, so many ppl have no life or I'm too casual?

Some people just rush too hard. I've played a lot in the past 2 days but I'm only 107 because I didnt rush.

So dont worry about that, play the game at your own pace. :)
Personally I really don't care about getting to 110 Asap. I'm just going at my own pace, looking at quest giver text trying to get into it. I think because of that, I've enjoyed it more than any other expansion.
"
I've been playing legion every evening and most mornings since the expansion. My wife is mad.

I know that feeling 'you seem more interested in that game than talking to me nowadays'
Those who rush to max level, is also the ones that's gonna cry later, when flying arrives, that the achievements for it is just a boring grind.
I'm trying to enjoy the xpac as much as possible. I am a completist and a lore freak.
I've already played a huge lot since the xpac's been out, but I am only 104 with the only zone finished being Stormheim. And by finished I really mean finished. Every treasure taken, every quest, every bonus objective and the whole zone explored and visible.

As I said, I want to enjoy the xpac and it's stuff it has to offer. There is no reason to rush leveling, trying to get to level 110 asap. I'll get there. In my own way.

There is fun in questing as much as it is in end-gamr content.

People tend to forget this is a MMO and forget to enjoy the RPG elements of this game. Forget to enjoy the world and everything it offers.

That's probably why the old zones are fully empty, with people staying AFK, queing for dungeon runs, trying to rush to max level asap.

Many have seen Greymane for the first time, in Stormheim.

Believe me or not, but there are worgen players who didn't know Greymane had a son ... until Stormheim. Unles they've skiped everything there as well, playing like mindless robots who have no idea why are they killing the resp. mobs or what are they or what have they done wrong to get killed.
I've pre-ordered physical copy. So... Im still not in Legion :) Gj Blizzard, people like me who love CE physical copies are screwed as usual. FIrst pre-order got cancelled on tuesday, I raged at the shop and bought another (even cheaper, altho I was lucky as after just 10 minutes they were out). I had to work late yesterday so I didn't pick it up. Today, after I do some paperwork in church (wedding stuff) I'm set to play. Will take it slow, probably leave the guild for few days untill I reach max lvl because people rushing to max level piss me off :)
01/09/2016 07:26Posted by Conceited

Hahaha hahaha. Ha.

But... I haven't got a single toon over 101 and in fact most of them just stopped after unlocking class hall. I haven't even played four of them yet!

106 is not taking it slow. If you moan about lack of content in a few weeks, don't say I didn't warn you!

No one made you relog every char and do all the artifacts on them.

I'm taking it slow until max level with my main. Then I have other 12 level 100s to play, in time.

I’m off work this week and am at level 105. I don’t see the point in rushing though. Blizz seem to have put a lot of effort into making questing fun again and delivering a decent story to follow. I think a lot of the top level players are people who experienced the content in beta so have just speed levelled to 110 via dungeons. My philosophy has always been to play my main in the way I enjoy and level when I level. Alts are another matter.
01/09/2016 08:21Posted by Gamron

I’m off work this week and am at level 105. I don’t see the point in rushing though. Blizz seem to have put a lot of effort into making questing fun again and delivering a decent story to follow. I think a lot of the top level players are people who experienced the content in beta so have just speed levelled to 110 via dungeons. My philosophy has always been to play my main in the way I enjoy and level when I level. Alts are another matter.

Agree, I'm like a mindless robot/zombie when playing alts while doing content I already completed&explored fully.

Hahaha hahaha. Ha.

I'm 108 and I'm taking it really slow.. Thing is I wake up around 5-6am, login to WoW and logout 12-16 hours later so compared to someone who plays only a few hours a day I'm going fast. But if you really think about the fact that it has taken me around 30 hours played to get 8 levels it is really slow :D
01/09/2016 08:09Posted by Lonélywolf

Hahaha hahaha. Ha.

No one made you relog every char and do all the artifacts on them.

I'm taking it slow until max level with my main. Then I have other 12 level 100s to play, in time.

Not true. Blizzard did with their awesome Artifact storyline!
I was thinking the same thing, I have a few friends who are 110 already and here I am 103 80% only just starting my 2nd zone.

There is plenty of time before more content arrives and there is so much to do I probably won't complete it all by then.

The main thing is that you enjoy yourself, it is your experience that matters.