Why is there no AH in Dalaran?

General
i don't like the reasoning of "there is a portal to every other city"
This is the new city of the current content, where most people gather for their professions, quests and just to chill out. Why would you want to seperate and spread those people in other minor cities and not have them all together in one?

I personally don't care if we come down to that, i'm a mage, if i want i'll teleport to warspear, get what i want and then teleport to dalaran, Magic.
The engineering one works.

Everyone else needs to go to a capital, right now.

And there not being these features in the guild hall might be "anoying", but it's also making sure that you don't just log in to the hall and nothing else anymore.

Btw: I haven't even checked if my garrisons AH still works. ^^ I'd basically have a 'pure empty zone for trade with it's own homestone', if it does. Might have to move bank and tradepost around a bit, but ...
I agree, it doesn't make sense that there aren't any AH in Dalaran. And the difference between garrison and Dalaran is that garrison was just you, while Dalaran is everyone.

Having an AH in Dalaran doesn't change anything, it just becomes a bit less tedious when you need something. A quality of life change more than any major break.
Based on how long LOADing Dalaran takes when I teleport in (even with all "sharding/phasing" there is) then AH isn't there to reduce number of un-necessary players.

After all Dalaran is flying. We don't want to overload its capacity and let it plummet down :) - thought that would be funny
05/09/2016 10:51Posted by Garnthrax
Based on how long LOADing Dalaran takes when I teleport in (even with all "sharding/phasing" there is) then AH isn't there to reduce number of un-necessary players.

After all Dalaran is flying. We don't want to overload its capacity and let it plummet down :) - thought that would be funny

Greetings hero!
Due to weight capacity limitations we kindly request thay you don't use any of the following mounts in Dalaran.

Clefthooves
Mammoths
Gronnlings
Corehounds
Yaks
Kodos
Elekks

Thank you for your cooperation!
Kirin'Tor
As replied in this thread it is purely so that the high level players still hang out with the lower level players in the capital cities, or these 2 would turn into ghost towns like Silvermoon or The Exodar.
01/09/2016 14:49Posted by Caellan
01/09/2016 13:52Posted by Kahzor
Why is there no AH in Dalaran? Just seems so stupid to have everything there, EXCEPT that 1 small yet huge thing, AH.

EDIT: And yes, I do know there are portals to literally every major city. But still, I don't get why there can't be an AH in Dalaran.

So that faction cities don't completely empty.

You have to go there to transmog anyway, so I don't see the problem with going to like SW for AH. Only thing that can be annoying is if you've already used your hearthstone to dalaran. And your original one is set elsewhere, or already used too.
The AH bot for engineers does work. If it wouldn't, it's a quick trip to SW anyway. I don't see the big fuss.
I prefer it in the old main cities, it means they aren't completely dead with everyone sat in Dalaran.
05/09/2016 12:10Posted by Hordika
You have to go there to transmog anyway, so I don't see the problem with going to like SW for AH.
There is transmogrifier in Dalaran. Enchanters hut, if I remember correctly.
As for AH, it was definitely to reduce loading. Even without hundreds of AH bots it takes full minute after porting in to load all NPC's and characters.
I like the Engineer only AH

Engineering, not completely useless.
Set you Hearthstone to the trade district or Dwarven district and use your Dalaran hearthstone to get back, easy.
There is a portal to SW/Og and one back. No need for AH, as it is just one click away
I tell you a simple reason why. If someone haven't bought Legion, they will not see all the badass players with their badass stuff, because they will all be in Dalaran all the time.
05/09/2016 09:45Posted by Shir
Dalaran having no AH and the class hall having no bank/mailbox are both incredibly annoying decisions from Blizzard.

I don't want to sit in my old garrison but it actually has all the ammenities I expect from a hub (AH, Bank, Guild Bank, Mailbox).

I barely use Dalaran purely because it's missing an AH and I consider that a requirement for a useful city... I just can't understand the logic in making both the class halls/Dalaran utterly inferior to my old garrison. IMO it's a real shame - if you take the time to look around Dalaran you can see lot of time and effort went into the NPCs and the city... and that's completely wasted when I never go there other than to grab my work orders/hand in quests.

They really need to stop being petty and just add an AH to dalaran and a mailbox/bank the the class halls (and stop trying to make everyone reroll engineer).

Why cry about everything not being handed in a silver platter to you in one little zone. Wah wah I actually have to travel for 30 seconds in this great big world (with tons of portals) instead of sitting isolated in my garrison/city/order-hall.
05/09/2016 10:38Posted by Tanvar
Jesus you guys complain when your garrison had it all
Then you compain that Dalaran doesnt have it all

You do realise that millions of people play WoW and people have different opinions?
Hmm...

1. AH in underbelly.
2. Posting anything in single item repeatedly gets your flagged for PvP.
3. Those that kill you can loot your items you were about to post on AH and they can post them up properly in proper stacks and make gold.

This may actually make me like the underbelly....
05/09/2016 10:03Posted by Pickyboo
How hard can it be to take a portal to any capital from dalaran? That's why portals are there. Or teleport to garrison, use garri tower to get to stormshield

not just that , set the HS to one of the MoP shrines ( depending on your faction ofcourse ) and have acces to all portals to all major cities.

or ask a mage.

so basically there are these options for accesing the AH

HS set in one of the cities
HS set in the MoP shrine
portal in dalaran to org or stormwind
ask a mage.
HS to garrison , fly to ashran and use the portal there

more then enough options to get to an auctionhouse yeah
Having no AH is Dalaran helps keep it from being too laggy.

You need the crafting stations and NPC's to get quests and go to your hall.

So the AH is chock a block most of the time in SW / Org.

Spreads things out nicely.