Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition!

Monk
1 2 3 26 Next
On the 14th of March 2012 Valonia made the longest running topics on our beloved Healing boards. I don't think anyone could have imagined that at the present day, this topic would still be active. And since I can't decribe it better then Valonia did, I'm shamelessly going to copy / paste her welcome post as it describes the Lounge perfectly.

Irregular working hours, bad diet, addiction to mana potions..all these things can cause depression, random spouts of anger and anxiety. Healing is about good spirit, balanced physique and stamina. Ask and you shall receive. If we can't give a direct solution to your healing problem, at least you get a shoulder to cry on.

Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Legion Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D.

Previous lounges:
Therapy Lounge for Healers
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3483960548

Therapy Lounge for Healers - The WoD Edition
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12618274142
29/08/2016 22:40Posted by Celibyx
Ladies and gentleman! I bid thee welcome to the new Therapy Lounge for Healers - The Warlords of Draenor Edition! Lets keep this awesome place going, and see how far we'll get this time :D.

Might want to change that to "Legion Edition" :)
You saw nothing! :P

*coughs*

I blame the random Fel flame bursts for that!
I can't wait to play around more with my Hpriest when I get home from work :D

Loving the artifact! ^^
Not a problem but a rant - I just got out of a dungeon from hell. I don't mind people not knowing the mechanics of a dungeon before entering. That's perfectly fine. Legion just came out, its most likely a persons first time in the dungeon. But this time there was constant arguing about it. It was a total hostile mess.
And as we kept wiping, my durability got lower and lower. And with people constantly yelling at each other about us dying... like hell was I going to mention it.
So the more we died, the less I could heal, and the more we died.
In the end the person that kept starting all the fights got kicked (I actually voted against it because I always feel really bad when people get kicked), the atmosphere got nicer, someone fixed my armor, and then we didn't wipe again. Didn't even come close.
Funnily enough, I didn't get blamed once for it. Strange since I've been yelled at more times than I can count for bad healing even when no one has come close to dying.
But yeah, theres my rant about how a hostile atmosphere completely ruined a dungeon.
If I have any complaints about legion thusfar, its that the disc artifact skill is a biiiiit to strong I think.
Hit a 640k crit at lvl 101.
No idea how its like at 110, but if thats any indication.. damn.
#Blamethehealerphenomenon

Feels so hopeless... I get often priced for my healing brains but there are some evil players, inflicted with fel magic that allways blames the healers.

(Tears flowing down inside)

Why all this healer blaming??

WOULD THEY LIKE THE GAME IF THEY WHERE IMMORTAL WITH AN INSTANT WiN BUTTON TO PRESS TO GET INFINITE GOLD AND GEAR AND MATS???

Sorry the fel magic got hold of me...

Carry on soldiers!

Regards// Psyghost
I am doing the 100 > 110 voyage as Holy, it's slower outside without being able to kill everything at once, gives me time to look around, and hopefully learn what I'll be doing with my other toons, oops, accounts.

I am happy to heal the guy that stands in the big green shiny cloud of death, we all know he could move, he knows he could move, but I'll drain my mana a few times before I give up and let him rot in the hell he obviously deserves.

What really irritates, and makes the whole healing experience suck for me, is the lack of communication. I'm not asking for a meeting before we start to discuss tactics, I'm not interested in that you hit 110 in 2 days, or that your cat is sleeping on your monitor, just a few "hello's" and "hi's" when we start, maybe the odd joke or laugh at the bottom deeps, anything but the silent rush from boss to boss with one or two "bb's" if you are really lucky at the end.

Guild runs are great, TS with banter as you go along, feeling part of a team and not just a "I was there I think" - sure we got public speech channels, but they died when we found how bad they were when they were introduced and haven't had a revival since.

Love healing, but solo'ing a DG with 4 anonymous players diminishes it somewhat.

/ramble
Servers down!

*lurk mode engaged*
I really enjoyed reading your stories guys, entertained me as there's a bit of something I know ^^

As for me, I'm feeling quite hopeless as I walk around, spend like 20 sec per mob, sometimes more... Then a mage walks around, throws some fire and kills a couple mob within 5 sec... Hum... Why does it have to be so humiliating? I understand I'm a priest and he's a mage ... But shadow priest is a DPS spec right ? So how comes that mages rekt me 1v1 ? I feel my priest pretty useless recently :(
Heroic Halls of Valor with 3 melee dps who don't react to monster abilities, constantly get knocked across the room to pull several more packs, and a chain-pulling warrior tank playing as though we're in scarlet monastery with full heirlooms.

Somehow, i thought it was my fault when Odyn soft enraged on us 3 times because the dps kept getting themselves killed by spears.

This accursed guilty conscience.
03/09/2016 04:50Posted by Sylvanaar
This accursed guilty conscience
Drinking helps? :D
*gulps down another cup of newly conjured mage "water"*

... sigh....

The tale of a Holy Priest in Halls of Valor...

I was on my enchanting quest, and needed to do Halls of Valor for the final boss there. I queue up for it, and arrive into a group of 3 members from the same guild (not same as mine, mind you) and another random.

They apparently think that Legion dungeons and healers work the same way as old ones.. So they keep pulling ALL the mobs they can manage, and group them up for AoE.

On almost every pull I have to pop all the CD's I have, just barely making it through. I suggest that we should pull a little less, but get an angry answer about upping my healing game instead...

A little dishearted, I continue to heal this crazed group of madmen.

So now we've cleared all the way up to Fenryr, and of course they have to pull these mobs the same way as all the others; running and pulling everything in sight and continue to run forward to find more mobs to pull... Now... We healers know that these mobs have a knock-back... and the wolves have real dmg... But not the rest of my group.

After another failed attempt to warn them - I run after them and toss out the few instant heals I have as holy, get agro, and get knocked away. Meanwhile, since the tank isn't really tanking, two of the dps'ers (which had about no dps) dies... I barely make it over in time to toss out Holy Word: Serenity on the tank, before I get brutally murdered by mobs as well.

I get combat ressed by the druid, and manage to save the tank and the druid. But then I get killed again, as the tank wasn't really holding agro, and the druid had just gotten knocked back into a new mob.

Suddenly I find myself back in Dalaran, with the message "You have been removed from the group". As they were 3 friends they could very easily vote me out...

Well, safe to say. I'm not doing any more random dungeons in the future. Wasted 1 hour of my time, and still didn't complete the quest I was there for in the first place...

Now excuse me while I find a bar in Dalaran.
I had a pretty good experience so far. No kicks or anything. Though we met a guy who had res sickness, and everyone was wondering why he only had 1k dps.

There were some really messy pulls, but mostly managed to save the group.

I met a nice brewmaster monk, who asked me how squishy he was, but he was doing great. And he said my healing was awesome :3

I met a very awful death knight tank, it was a pain to heal him, constantly going to 10%>
warrior tanks seem pretty OP with their ignore pain :D Damn it why im there, if a warrior can heal more, then me.

And just "castable while moving tranquility, my second golden trait!" My dream came true!
Been running a few dungeons as disc and man, do warrior tanks rock! Talk about not needing any healer compared to others.

One time tho i had a tank join the dungeon and target me for 3-4 sec then leaving.

:(

i hope it was not just because i was disc.
03/09/2016 04:50Posted by Sylvanaar
Heroic Halls of Valor with 3 melee dps who don't react to monster abilities, constantly get knocked across the room to pull several more packs, and a chain-pulling warrior tank playing as though we're in scarlet monastery with full heirlooms.

Somehow, i thought it was my fault when Odyn soft enraged on us 3 times because the dps kept getting themselves killed by spears.

This accursed guilty conscience.

I have had the same experience I've Done maybe 4 or 5 dungeons and they seem to be treated just like pre legion leveling dungeons. I'm very new to holy priests (raid healed TBC in my shaman) I was starting to think it was my fault. Players are pulling everything and not compensating. Hopefully players will start figuring it out soon. I'm also notice that the trash packs seem harder than the bosses.
03/09/2016 14:21Posted by Avianna
I met a very awful death knight tank, it was a pain to heal him, constantly going to 10%>
warrior tanks seem pretty OP with their ignore pain :D Damn it why im there, if a warrior can heal more, then me.

Indeed, warrior tanks are just incredible atm. I kept one alive through the whole dungeon with just Renew on him. And then in the next dungeon I promptly met a paladin who was just about as squishy as that DK you met.

Overall the healing experience so far has been a bit so so. Neither overly bad but not really good either.
Although I did feel really smug for myself in Vaults of the Warden today. Tank got hit off the upper part of the room before Cordana and body pulled the whole downstairs. I just gripped him up and proceeded to pop everything I could in that fight. Completely oom at the end of it but miraculously no one died and the tank even commented on the nice grip. :3

And on another note, anyone else madly in love with Apotheosis? Such a life saver and feels like nothing can die when it's up.
Did my first mythics tonight with a guild group .. as a ilvl 803 Holy healer..

IT WAS FUN! .. Sure, I'm somewhat undergeared for them but jeez did i have a good time and it was actually somewhat challenging :D .. First we did was Black Rook Hold .. not the easiest! D:

Switched to Apotheosis at some point during that dungeon to have more access to the holy words in 'oh !@#$' moments, that really helped alot tho i REALLY REALLY miss CoH when running that =( .. Found myself pressing the keybind a few times by habit and wondering why nothing was happening D:

Went from 803 to 815 in the 2 mythics i did :D .. Hopefully doing some more tomorrow but don't know how much time I'll have with my sister doing the Strong Man Run which i'll be cheering her on .. and after that it's back home to celebrate my birthday! .. Though the latter will probably end up with me playing WoW on my room, and only going downstairs for a bit once new visitors arrive to say hi and receive presents :3

.. I'm not one that's much for parties :p
So as one can count my healing experience in dungeons on one hand, my mate and I thought it would be a good idea to queue up as Tank and Healer.

He was the tank, I was the healer.

The catch?
He has never played Tank before. In fact, he quit playing in Cataclysm, where he played for two patches, as a Hunter. That's all the experience he has had prior to returning in Legion.
He just got his Vengeance Demon Hunter set up with his Artefact weapons when we decided to queue up.

I have quite a bit of experience as a Healer, but Mistweaver's unique playstyle still makes me uncomfortable during OHSH**F*** moments. Especially since our AoE healing is, err, difficult? At least, it is to me.

So we set off into the Eye of Azshara!
Both of us on Skype, we were ready to roll.
Once we spawned in the dungeon, we naturally declared our inexperience to the group. It's important that they know what cards they were dealt, after all. I asked them to be gentle towards us, and provide guidance if we so need it.

The run had its mishaps, I may or may not have let the Tank and a DPS die at the Beard guy boss, and my mate struggled a bit at the Snake boss, but in the end, nobody in the group complained to us. After the dungeon, one of the DPS stayed behind and provided some helpful advice to us.

A shoutout to you, Natuurlik, the Druid who tanked the Beardguy boss in DPS spec while the actual tank was eating dirt!

It's such a contrast to what I'm used to in random dungeon finder, and it was certainly a pleasant experience.
My mate said he'll tank more often, as he enjoyed it!
I've been playing priest since TBC and used to be a raid healer during TBC and WotLK. I still haven't encountered anything in WoW or in any other game, that would've been as fun and enjoyable as holy priest was back then. It wasn't too easy, it wasn't too hard, it was challenging but it still forgave you some minor mistakes. Being a healer made you feel like you were useful and knew your stuff.

Then came the Cataclysm and I was forced to switch to DPS. Since then heals have been ridiculously weak, eaten too much mana, and despite me spamming my strongest heals so much that my fingers bleed and break, people keep dying in front of me. It's depressing when you keep trying your best and still feel like you're the weakest link of the group and that they're keeping you there just because they don't want to wait for another one.

I'm not using addons, only couple of keybinds, like I've always done. Imo, if you can't perform well without addons, then something's broken - and it's not you.

Then Legion hit, I was once again hopeful. Maybe this time I could take holy as my mainspec again. I maxed the first artefact weapon talents that made heal, flash heal, renew, PoH etc. stronger. And oh boy, those couple of dungeons were without a doubt the most horrendous experience in the game for me (if we don't count a certain NPC death I still haven't gotten over.)

Here I am forgotten my mouth half open while looking at people saying "I'm not having any problems" or "Healing is too easy!" Do you live in some another dimension? :D

No wonder every group ever is always short of or completely lacking healers. People don't want to die prematurely because of heart attacks, or don't want to ruin the rest of the day with anxiety or risen blood pressure. :D

tl;dr: After 4 expansions of hopefulness and denial I've finally accepted the fact healing is no longer for me. I'm apparently too casual to heal nowadays and will stick to DPSing and tanking from now on.

/rant over