I feel like i'm losing half the fun in legion

Hunter
Yesterday I reached lvl110 and i've been having fun with the quests, world events and doing some pvp for honor talents. But I see most people happy with their classes, and for me as a MM hunter I feel like i'm not fully enjoying the expansion.
I'm in a point that I don't really know if I should keep playing with my favourite class that is ruined, I don't know if they will actually fix this someday... This is truly depressing.

How are you guys enjoying legion and hunter so far?
Wrote in another post, but I really enjoy hunter. Love the change from warlords. The sidewinders proc into the marked shot feels satisfying. And the fact that you have to mark targets for your aimed shot to actually do damage.

The move speed from thasdorah is great and the artifact wep looks good and has an amazing lore. And you even have a quiver.

The aimed shot standstill thing is kinda annoying. Really in pvp. But when it procs with lock and load it is awesome.

Tldr; I enjoy it, it finally has procs, and it feels rewarding when procs hit.
31/08/2016 14:54Posted by Tamìka
Wrote in another post, but I really enjoy hunter. Love the change from warlords. The sidewinders proc into the marked shot feels satisfying. And the fact that you have to mark targets for your aimed shot to actually do damage.

The move speed from thasdorah is great and the artifact wep looks good and has an amazing lore. And you even have a quiver.

The aimed shot standstill thing is kinda annoying. Really in pvp. But when it procs with lock and load it is awesome.

That's my problem, I'd love to cast aimed shot while moving, because of that one spell I had to change my whole spec, a spec that my artifact ignores (it buffs aimed shot), so the only spec I "enjoy" it's not viable. There's a few complications here and there. For those who don't mind casting aimed shot the class is probably fine, but for me it's not. Hunters should be the mobile "casting" class, not just another caster.
31/08/2016 14:58Posted by Tyriân
31/08/2016 14:54Posted by Tamìka

That's my problem, I'd love to cast aimed shot while moving, because of that one spell I had to change my whole spec, a spec that my artifact ignores (it buffs aimed shot), so the only spec I "enjoy" it's not viable. There's a few complications here and there. For those who don't mind casting aimed shot the class is probably fine, but for me it's not. Hunters should be the mobile "casting" class, not just another caster.

To be fair, the fantasy of mm is not mobile, its high precision. High accuracy huge hits. Spend time finding vulnerable spots then taking time to aim for those spots.
Being able to move from time to time to relocate is a must, but only a skilled hunter can do it without losing dps due to aimed shot.

Aimed shot movement is the thing we lost for being able to mlve without the passive loss of wod.

My suggesgion is play with lock and load and try to see if you can enjoy it without having to always move.

If you really need the mobility i suggest trying out the other specs
i honestly feel like crap playing hunter now... i used to have things to get out of any scenario no matter how rough, i would beat people in arenas who had better items just because i could use all my different abilities to fit the situation in time, it was fun it was difficult and i didn't feel like I WAS DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I FEEL USELESS FOR GOD'S SAKE !!!
31/08/2016 15:31Posted by Dasarus
i honestly feel like crap playing hunter now... i used to have things to get out of any scenario no matter how rough, i would beat people in arenas who had better items just because i could use all my different abilities to fit the situation in time, it was fun it was difficult and i didn't feel like I WAS DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I FEEL USELESS FOR GOD'S SAKE !!!

We got a more limited toolkit, but we can still slip away. No longer op. Just wait for honor lvl 50 if you like pvp.
31/08/2016 15:39Posted by Tamìka
We got a more limited toolkit, but we can still slip away. No longer op. Just wait for honor lvl 50 if you like pvp.

I struggle to figure out this rubbish....you're saying to get "good" at PvP you need to get lv 50 but what about those classes that are good at lv 1?

What do hunters get at lv 50 that make it better since I'm looking at the tree now and don't see it.

I'm happy that you like this butchered/watered down version of the hunter but a lot don't and for mostly the same reasons, all the feedback given from the beta seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
31/08/2016 17:41Posted by Archermit
31/08/2016 15:39Posted by Tamìka

I struggle to figure out this rubbish....you're saying to get "good" at PvP you need to get lv 50 but what about those classes that are good at lv 1?

What do hunters get at lv 50 that make it better since I'm looking at the tree now and don't see it.

I'm happy that you like this butchered/watered down version of the hunter but a lot don't and for mostly the same reasons, all the feedback given from the beta seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Basically you dont need level 50, but its just to unlock all pvp talents. Im not on the pc atm but you have amazing cc skills in that spellbook which can open you up for some great setups. Like say against casters, you got an ability that when hit, within the next 3 seconds if they cast a spell, it gets interrupted and locks that spell category for a few sec.
I meam, the possibilities are there. If you look at it, its no longer about only 1v1 scenarios, its multiple vs multiple. This opens you up for great potebtial due to your aoe freezing shot inc, and your ability to deal aoe damage without øosing single targer damage.

You get good at pvp when you are able to utilize all your given spells to their full potential, and im not saying that im good.
And you get more stuff to use in your toolkit with the honor talent system.
31/08/2016 15:24Posted by Tamìka
31/08/2016 14:58Posted by Tyriân

To be fair, the fantasy of mm is not mobile, its high precision. High accuracy huge hits. Spend time finding vulnerable spots then taking time to aim for those spots.
Being able to move from time to time to relocate is a must, but only a skilled hunter can do it without losing dps due to aimed shot.

Aimed shot movement is the thing we lost for being able to mlve without the passive loss of wod.

My suggesgion is play with lock and load and try to see if you can enjoy it without having to always move.

If you really need the mobility i suggest trying out the other specs

No, it's also mobility. That said, adding Aimed Shot to the list of abilities that can be used on the move was a very bad idea. I'm glad they decided to go back to the stand still variant, even if it does feel far too weak imo.

31/08/2016 15:31Posted by Dasarus

It's reasons like this that made hunter be called ''OP'' in most of the arena seasons.
Yea MM suck atm but am really having fun with BM try it out mate:D
I am loving every minute of BM!
I don't want to insult anybody with this... But I have the feeling I'm reading exactly same forum posts as I did on launch of Pandaria or Warlords.
Exactly same. With base punch line being: Hunters suck now.
Guys, please give it some time, I'm sure they will fix it due time.