Post stackable items as stacks!

General
People are posting auctions of 1 of items like ore, cloth, leather, fish... It fills up the AH and makes it a pain going through to get to the stacks.

My suggestion would be to make it so that stackable items can't be posted on the AH in stacks smaller than 5-20 depending on the items. More valuable stackables could be 5, lesser ones that drop frequently (like cloth) could be 20+ requirement.

It would clean up the AH, and make it less of a PITA to browse and buy. Even using addons that are supposed to make it smoother, doesn't help much when there's 39 pages, 37 of which are just single stackable items posted...
With items such as crafted items which you may acquire a lot of with the ambition to sell on AH. Like I did whilst leveling my tailoring.... I think it would be great for the unsold items to come back to you as a stack. It's such a pain having a full mailbox and having to retrieve each item individually. I don't know why people that send cloth etc 1 at a time can stand it!
01/09/2016 15:04Posted by Rorcanna
My suggestion would be to

...fix the AH and not remove player (posting) choice.

No need to remove choices from players when theings can be fixed.
Just use an addon for your auction house like auctionator or auctioneer, that way you won't have to scroll through pages of singles. instead of the default view it provides a text based view. An example of how it shows is below

100 stacks of 1
1 stack of 20
5 stacks of 10

Then you click on the listing you want and buy whatever amount of the stacks you want from that listing. It reduces the entire listing for an item to a single page. You will never have to scroll through pages again for anything searched on auction.
I like that you can post individual items.

There has been loads of times I've only wanted one or two items and only been able to find stacks of 20+ which I then need to try and sell the unused items
Forgot to mention you can also create search lists. Like for example i had a search list for draenor herbs. When i clicked it it brought up a list of the herbs and the cheapest price, i then clicked the herb i wanted to see all the listings.

Was great for milling since any herb could be used for it in WoD i could use the search list to see the cheapest of all in one single page then just click it to see the individual item listing.

Then i would buy until it was not the cheapest anymore, go back to the all herbs view and click on the one that was cheapest again and buy more.

The default auction house interface ain't great, but addons make it so much easier for finding what ya want and getting cheapest stuff when ya got several options.
01/09/2016 15:21Posted by Jorax
Just use an addon for your auction house like auctionator or auctioneer, that way you won't have to scroll through pages of singles. instead of the default view it provides a text based view. An example of how it shows is below

100 stacks of 1
1 stack of 20
5 stacks of 10

Then you click on the listing you want and buy whatever amount of the stacks you want from that listing. It reduces the entire listing for an item to a single page. You will never have to scroll through pages again for anything searched on auction.

As I said in the OP, addons don't help much when they have to scan through 39 pages, 37 of which are single items. Not sure why, but these addons used to be very convenient and quick. Lately they've been slower to use than simply clicking your way through the AH tabs the old fashioned way, which is already in itself slow.
01/09/2016 15:23Posted by Lunamcaeli
I like that you can post individual items.

There has been loads of times I've only wanted one or two items and only been able to find stacks of 20+ which I then need to try and sell the unused items

The issue is when you are trying to find trade goods and you have to scroll/browse through a few dozen pages of people posting stack of 1 item..
Or allow us to multi-select our options? That would be a decent way to go about it, in my opinion?
I wouldn't personally mind if I had to click 20 items separately, it's getting to the buyout button and then accepting it that's a bother. (Sounds so redundant as I spell this out, ergh. I feel like a spoiled brat just writing this, ahah)
People that do this works in my favour... means I can sell a stack for a fair bit more since a lot of people can't be bothered to buy so many individual ones. :)

Example; People selling single mats for 1g20s each... I'd sell a stack of x200 for 2g each easy.
I think the auction house just needs a bit of an overhaul and allow searching by stack size. Sometimes you only need one or two items, while other times you want some stacks of 5, 10, 15, 20, etc... so allowing to search by stack size would block anything below that size from showing up in a search so you don't have to trawl through 20 pages of single pieces of cloth or leather to find those 25 herbs you want.
02/09/2016 05:01Posted by Saldura
I think the auction house just needs a bit of an overhaul and allow searching by stack size. Sometimes you only need one or two items, while other times you want some stacks of 5, 10, 15, 20, etc... so allowing to search by stack size would block anything below that size from showing up in a search so you don't have to trawl through 20 pages of single pieces of cloth or leather to find those 25 herbs you want.

Wasn't there an add-on that lets you do this?
Like it would let you sort by ilvl, req lvl, amount, bid price, buyout price.. and name.
I just forgot the name of the add-on.

100 stacks of 1
1 stack of 20
5 stacks of 10

This is good advice, although why the basic interface cannot do this already is beyond me. People posting scores of single pieces of ore/whatever has been around forever, as have the addons, yet the Providers never seem to deem it necessary to just fix the interface.

I don't like addons, don't want to use them unless I really have to. Needing an addon for the AH is quite lame...
02/09/2016 00:32Posted by Rorcanna

100 stacks of 1
1 stack of 20
5 stacks of 10

As I said in the OP, addons don't help much when they have to scan through 39 pages, 37 of which are single items. Not sure why, but these addons used to be very convenient and quick. Lately they've been slower to use than simply clicking your way through the AH tabs the old fashioned way, which is already in itself slow.

I have just logged onto a char and done a search for cloth using auctionator, to check if this issue occurs for me as well. The search took about 15 seconds, and the results brought up listings with the cheapest price for every item with the word cloth in it, then clicking on the item it lists every item for that specific one in the format i described.

It is working as fast as normal for me, so i think the slowdown for you may be one of several things.

1. Your server population - Bare in mind a new expansion has just come out which means alot more players on each server, which increases the load, if you are on a heavily populated server the amount of data exchange could slow things down. This will settle down after a few weeks as usual.

2. Your computer - Alot of possibility's here, background programs eating ram that could be disabled, hard drive fragmentation, low speed on router (reset or channel change fixes that), your computers spec not being up to new expac requirements. Probably more that i havn't thought of.

3. Your game install - The install could be messed up a bit, had it happen to me.
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/repairing-blizzard-games

4. Conflict with another addon - Sometimes addons just do not work well together had this one happen to me too.
I quite agree, rather than removing the option to post single items, there could be a way to sort by stack count in the AH interface. It's absolutely clear that the AH lacks quality of life features that shouldn't require addons.
02/09/2016 16:24Posted by Rorcanna
I quite agree, rather than removing the option to post single items, there could be a way to sort by stack count in the AH interface. It's absolutely clear that the AH lacks quality of life features that shouldn't require addons.

I agree, some QoL improvements are needed in the ah. Personally i think either a sort by stack size or an option to have either the default view or a auctionator text style view (since some people will like the default view) would be good.

I am against removing singles as people do need em sometimes, but reworking the interface to add some of the search features in popular addons i am agree with strongly.

If they added a text style view option and search lists i wouldn't use addons, i use them for the convenience of everything in one page and being able to search multiple items in one go.