People whining about too many quests

General
Perhaps I'm missing the point.
More or less to finish all quests in all zones except Suramar you need estimately 2 hours per level without rushing if you are adaptive to the story and reading fast, if not it can take up to 3 hours per level but if you are skipping story and using shortcuts it can be about 50 minutes per level.

I finished all quests in 20 hours. People are whining how "many quests they have to do" and that forcing people to do quests is bad. People want less time on leveling? So why the hell if some random game comes out that you can finish in 5 hours it is hated to the ground? We all should be happy we got some interesting content that is not few hours long but we got whole campaing that is actually interesting and we may have first xpac since Wotlk that can impact our "Wow story".

Be happy with what we've got and if you want to finish campaings as fast as possible don't buy games ending with "RPG".

Big thanks to Blizz for interesting story :)!
I did feel a bit overwhelmed when I hit 110 and went back to Dalaran. This could be because I ignored the city between 108 and 110, I have no idea, but it certainly has to do with myself liking order and structure. All of the sudden I get multiple quests pointing in multiple directions.

That being said, once I clear up a couple of them Im happy with the amount of stuff to do. I rather have this then login and sit in my garrison not knowing what to do.
People will moan about anything and everything. If there wasn't they would be moaning that there wasn't enough quests.

Is life.
The problem isn't that there are too many quests, the freakin' problem is the 25 quest log limit. I have been crippled by this the whole time, if you're doing profession quests and your garrison campaign and Highmountain at the same time, it's a real pain.
I do realise that if you think ALTwise such ammount of quests may be little overwhelming but this is like walking through game you already finished for the second third etc. - time.

Legion is designed to make your character feel like it has been promoted to the highest rank possible in Azeroth. Nobody noticed how making Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk/Cata/Mop/Wod quests were leading to it? Starting as a mere troop and now when you chose paladin way you are called HIGHLORD. Legion is indeed designed to take some time and people should embrace it.
Legion has too much questing, after you reach the max level, as a player who is only interested in the pvp aspect of the game, i simply don't have the time or the interest to make the quests to unlock flying mounts or new quest zones. Only thing that kept me in the game was pvp, but when i'm forced to quest that simply kills my mood to play the game. I wish they would make multiple options to gain same rewards, because i'm willing to grind pvp and do stuff in there, but there is no way i'm going to waste my time doing something that i don't enjoy.
Quest System is far too obsolete, less popular games such as Rift or Guild Wars 2 already overcame this limitation with Zone and Global Events, World of Warcraft is 10 years behind in terms of innovation.
This will be my third character to get to 110 without doing a single quest. I stopped doing quests yonks ago. From the starter I just walk away from the first quest giver and never do a solitary one. That also includes not doing quests for cooking, training, pet battles and even the Christmas gift. Anything with a yellow asterix I just totally ignore.

Funny though, as I don't leave Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor either. I could get to Northrend and Outland but the other expansions need a quest to get there. So don't bother.
30/12/2017 15:24Posted by Illidandhdh
Quest System is far too obsolete, less popular games such as Rift or Guild Wars 2 already overcame this limitation with Zone and Global Events, World of Warcraft is 10 years behind in terms of innovation.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
it is the exact same system mostly.
just disguised differently.

the events are basically world quests with less of a timer.
Generated more often.
caused by a chain of other event to times.

But is not as differently to wow's current system as you think.
yea, suramar really fked it up... i would have wanted to spread it around a bit more, suramaritan was pain in the a r s e!
I don't mind the number of quests either, it just is a bit chaotic sometimes. Specially when you hit 110 and start to get quests all over the world. But thats a personal thing tho. The more quest the better it just could use a better flow at max level.
03/09/2016 15:46Posted by Chikin
The problem isn't that there are too many quests, the freakin' problem is the 25 quest log limit. I have been crippled by this the whole time, if you're doing profession quests and your garrison campaign and Highmountain at the same time, it's a real pain.

This, definately!
I always hit problems when I try to go back and do some old dailies for achievements/mounts/etc. You often need to find space for 8-10 extra quests.
This has been an interesting necro thread. Gotta agree on the 25 Quests limit being outdated, though.
Playing WoW and expecting not to quests is like expecting a boat ride without water.

You could, but why would you want to?
It's not the questing from 100-110 that is the problem: it's when you ding level 110 and go back to dalaran, that you'll be thrown quests at you from left to right. It's really overwhelming, I have to say.

I suggest to players, that when you reach level 98, throw off your heirlooms and start leveling in the Broken Isles. You'll aaaalmost be done with all the leveling zones when you hit 110, then you finish your Order Hall questline, then you go finish the Argus questline, then jump to the Broken Shore and start the questingm, then jump to Suramar and finish that AP grind, and when you got nothing else to do, finish the Broken Shore. #Done
Too much grinding at level 110. And what boring quests. I curse every time I finish a quest and see that the chapter isn't over.