Doomsen's Legion PvP Restoration Druid Guide 7.2.5

Druid
1 2 3 7 Next
Hey there fellow druids! My name is Doomsen and I happen to be a multiple times Rank1 Restoration Druid / tournament competitor! I've decided that I would like to provide a guide that covers more than just the baseline of Restoration Druid in Legion. Guides for PvP are fairly rare these days, so I thought I may aswell create one and help people out.

This guide only helps to a certain level so if you are an "advanced" player, most of those information may be nothing new for you.

Table of Contents
0. PATCH UPDATES *7.2.5!!*
1. Talents
2. PvP Talents
3. Artifact Weapon Talents
4. Healing
5. Survival
6. Druid Races for Horde / Alliance
7. Addons
8. Macros
9. Final words
LAST UPDATE 13th July: Patch Updates for Hotfixes June/July

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0. Patch Updates - Going through Patch changes for Druid
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotfixes End June & July
They've given us a 3% & 5% Intellect buff aswell as a 40% Swiftmend increase throughout the last few weeks, still leaving us druids on the edge of viable, if even. If you still struggle, it may not be your fault.

Playstyle wise I've been running with Prosperity every game to get the most efficency out of the Swiftmend buff aswell as Soul of the Forest, beside games against Affli. Warlocks / Shadow Priests where Cultivation might still be better and Incarnation still against DKs, Ferals aswell as some Rogue Mage comps. Focused Growth seems to be a must right now.

If there wont be another buff that will not focus on our Intellect anytime soon, this will be the first season since Cataclysm where druid is unplayable

PATCH 7.2.5 Overview
Long story made short: They've nerfed every single healing abilitiy and some more than others i.g. Cultivation

Revitalize now has charges and does not refresh the Rejuv to it's full duration
Entangling Bark (formerly Fortified Bark) does now grant 2 charges of Nature's Grasp, which roots players once melee attacked.
Overgrowth no longer does apply the initial heal of Regrowth
Focused Growth's healing and mana cost is buffed

If you are struggling on your Restoration Druid at the moment fear not, you're not alone. With all those changes done we're currently by far the worst healer which I hope will change soon.

How to vs. melee
The ladder is full of melee cleave at the moment in which Revitalize is the main choice. You can run Entangling but only if you have no Frost mage in your team and make use of it to get range from them during burst phases otherwise it is not valueable. Focused Growth is also coming to play now. You never want your Lifeblooms to expire, but should refresh only below 5 seconds left to get the bloom heal. Incarnation to deal with burst

How to vs. melee caster
Exact same story with Revitalize or Fortified. You can't do anything wrong with Revitalize. Still suggesting to use Overgrowth here incase the caster does AOE, Focused Growth can be chosen too if you can get used to it, but DO NOT vs. Mages. They will punish you for it. Incarnation to deal with burst.

How to vs. double caster
Nourish. Not because it's good, just because the other 2 options do absolutely nothing. You can try to sneak in healing touches situationally to safe a bit of mana and have a decent initial heal. Cultivation incase Shadow or Warlock are included. Most likely going to be Overgrowth. As mentioned before, mages do counter the Lifebloom choice with Kleptomania.

NOTE:
You can run Abundance/Nourish again, but only situationally. It's not that simple to explain and you'll have to test for yourself when to use it but for example if you run a caster comp that allows you to stay back without the risk of DPS tunneling you all game, it does a lot and great healing. I've played Mage Lock Druid the other day and was testing it out, playing it vs everything. You really have to make sure to be on max range to avoid as many Interupts or switches as possible otherwise you are not able to get the value out of it. Comps with a lot of CrowdControl like RMD will never let you get value out of it, so picking the talents there might just instantly cause a loss.
Have a decent count of Rejuvenations applied to reduce the casttime (Also requires you to run Defender of the Weak, can go with Vim & Vigor but I'd not fully recommend it)

For example in Rogue Mage Druid, you wouldn't really be able to run it. The comp requires you to be somewhat offensive, which makes you a more than viable target and even with your partners helping you, you will struggle and rot apart against something like Warrior Affliction Lock XHealer.

I'll update the specific talents & more by next week. I hope the update does help you folks and I'll make sure to get back to you in the comments as soon as possible incase you have any questions.

1. Talents (Not mentioned talents simply mean they definitely are no option for PvP)

Tier 1

Prosperity: This is currently my favourite choice. With Nature's Swiftness & Genesis gone we are lacking instant healing. Now Swiftmend isn't the biggest heal of all time, but it'st still decent especially with the 30% healing increase from our Artifact talents. It also goes really well with Soul of the Forest, incase we chose that as our Tier 5 talent but more about that later!

Cenarion Ward: It does quite a lot of healing overtime and doesn't require to procc in order to start it's Cooldown. Sadly does not have an initial heal. It's defnitely a talent that can be chosen, especially in combination with Cultivation to get as many hots rolling to benefit from our Mastery:Harmony.

Tier 2

Displacer Beast: Has been our to go talent since it's first been released. An instant 20yard teleport that also gives use a 50% movement speed is nothing we really wanna miss out on.

Wild Charge: It's a really fun talent but I don't think it can compete with Displacer. Travel Jump is a way worse version of it and the shorter cooldown does not make up for that. I still use it sometimes for fun in Battlegrounds, but not in competitive, ever.

Tier 3

Guardian Affinity: I have used this talent throughout my entire time playing Beta. A passive 6% damage reduction aswell as a life regeneration with Frenzied Regeneration in Bear form makes it to a talent that you can pick in every situation. Also Ironfur can come in quite handy sometimes (More about all that in the Cooldown Category)

Balance Affinity: The reasons for choosing Balance Affinity is the longer range on Cyclone aswell as being able to deal with dispelling Polymorph without running into the dilemma of landing into one ourself while doing so. The only times you wanna use it is, when you are very certain that you will never be the target of choice for your opponents because not having the Guardian Affinity effects, does make a big difference surviving wise.

Making use of Balance Form: All of us got turned into a Sheep while trying to dispel our friends out of them and with Balance Form you can avoid that because Purify Spirit does not shift you out of it, so there's no worry about that. Balance Form does have a global though and obviously not required everytime dispel a Polymorph. Getting used to it will take you time, quite a bit of time even but it's good. It also allows you to cast Regrowths or Overgrowth without making you leave the form. Any other healing ability will though.

Tier 4

Mighty Bash: As we have no other stun it comes in very handy in a lot of situations. Taking out a target for 5 seconds can be game changing and offers other follow up, such as Cyclone, without having to worry about being interupted by that player. It will stay as the main competitive talent.

Mass Entanglement: With Legion being fairly meele heavy right now, being able to root targets off you can give you that extra space to get to safety in a lot of situations. Does sadly break from damage. With Iron- &Barkskin no longer rooting targets, they are never on a diminishing return, atleast not caused by us! Also there seem to be fairly less roots in the game as before. Can be taken situationally

Typhoon: It's something I would almost consider not worth mentioning. Since WoD this ability has lost alot of its power. It's fun knocking people off the Blades Edge Arena bridge for example (if it even does succeeds) but does not give generally close to as many possibilities as the other two.
Tier 5

Soul of the Forest: With Legion they've again changed the ability but buffed the Rejuvenation & Regrowth bonus by another 100% which really does make those to very powerful spells and even those 75% on Wild Growth can be great sometimes. You also gotta keep in mind that a larger heal of Regrowth does also include the healing the target will receive through our Living Seeds. Also as mentioned in Tier 1 - With Swiftmend having 2 charges and a shorter cooldown it just has the perfect synergy.

Tree of Life: I know that ToL is a fairly common talent, especially in casual / lower rated brackets but it generally does very poorly. Throughout it's duration it's great:30 seconds of immortality and instant rooting but at the end it's a 3 minute cooldown and you will lack sustain healing before and after using it in a lot of situations. I would go with the talent in a situation where you really feel like you just die too fast and would like to just give your team (arena that is) a tiny bit more time to maybe get control in or the victory.

Cultivation: Can be seen as an additional Rejuvenation that is applied at 60% health. Received a 20% buff in 7.1 and definitely stays the talent to choose against teams that hit more than one target. Currently mostly used against Ferals, Shadow Priests, Affliction/Demo Warlock & Balance Druid. Also by far the best choice in Battlegrounds

Tier 6
Germination: It just is the Tier 6 talent to go for. An additional Rejuvenation on a target is always good and being able to have two Soul of the Forest enhanced ones on one friendly player does heal quite a lot of damage away.

Spring Blossoms: It's the to-go talents In PvE but that is because Effloressence just simply has a way higher value there. It may still be a cool thing to go for in Battlegrounds when you have those well placed Effloressences with teammates staying inside of those. But not sure how valueable that really is at the end with people constantly moving.

Tier 7

Stonebark: This is sadly the only talent in that Tier that is good for PvP. But it's a great one so it's fine. Having Ironbark on a 60 second cooldown and the additional 20% healing done by our hots is good.

2. PvP Talents (Not mentioned talents simply mean they definitely are no option)

PvP Talent 1

Gladiator's Medallion: Replacement for our former Medallion trinkets that we used to have but does not get that much of a use anymore. See --> Relentless / Adaptation.

Relentless: After testing this more throughout the season it turned out to be a great choice for a lot of situations. I've personally ran this talent as baseline so far and it seems to never be weak. It takes a bit of time to get used to not having an Insignia but it's great.

Adaptation: Turned out to come in handy aswell in certain situations. As of now, I've only used it against compositions that only have one sort of CrowdControl and that has been Assa Rogue/ Ret Paladin so far. Beside the automatic effect, you also still have an Insignia that has a shared cooldown for 60 seconds with the automatic one.

PvP Talent 2

Vim and Vigor: My prefered talent. It's really easy to notice the 20% difference. And you have to play around it quite a lot. You really don't want to drop below 80% ever if possible and have to make sure you get there again asap. Not always possible especially when you are being the main target. If you are not ever taking any damage, this talent really is a dream.

Defender of the Weak: The haste is really fun but you notice a strong general healing difference. You will obtain the buff quite often and having globals, hots and casts be faster does make a difference in a lot of situations. If you find urself in a situation of constantly being trained and Vim & Vigor not really being active because of it, take this one for sure. Small tip: It also does procc from injured pets!

PvP Talent 3

Druid of the Claw: It really does fit very well into the playstyle that we will continue going with: Bear form. It does good against both casters and meeles. Casters wont give you the rejuvenation but 10% less critical hit chance is still something. And against meeles, having a chance to get a Rejuvenation on you is nothing you wanna miss out on!

Thorns: Redesigned in 7.1 and are an option now. Beside dealing damage, they also apply a debuff on hiting enemies that their physical damage is reduced by 25% for a few seconds which does get reapplied. Recommended against enemies with atleast one meele that do not prioritize you as their kill target because incase you are trained all game, Druid of the Claw should still be ahead.

Disentanglement: We didn't really have an option against pure caster teams in that talent row. With Disentanglement we do and it works like a charm to remove snares from mostly our melee friends. Still not recommended to spam because of the mana costs, unless you really want to give as much uptime as possible in that moment.

PvP Talent 4

Cyclone: Luckily still available for us wil continue being a talent you can't renounce on. Being able to banish a target for 6 seconds without it being able to get dispeled or healer is just too massive.

Deep Roots: As this sadly does not include the talent Mass Entanglement, it just does not have enough impact. Most classes have abilities to get out of roots or get dispeled. Even with Mass Entanglement included, I still don't think it would be "decent.

Encroaching Vines: Does only work against meeles and as nice as 25% less phsysical damage may sound, a target being banished for atleast 6 seconds just is way better. Also if you find yourself being the main target making use of it just gets even harder and if you get a bit of breath to do so, again Cyclone would be more effective and does have the same cast time. Cyclone it is!

PvP Talent 5

Fortified Bark: Puts your ironbark to 41% damage reduction (with Artifact Traits) on 45 second coodlown. As of right now, I'd recommend taking it against any comp that is not double melee where Revitalize comes in. Check below

Revitalize: High amount of healing and also does refresh the duration of your Rejuvenation. Definitely recommended against double melees only as the healing outweighs the damage reduction Fortified Bark provides.

PvP Talent 6

Overgrowth: Instantly having all your hots applied for 66k mana & a 45 second cooldown makes this in my opinion to one of the most weird abilities but also to an insanely strong one. The Wild Growth does also get applied to the targets in the Line of Sight of your target, which just thinking about it that WG usually does cost 75k mana itself just gives one an idea how cheap it actually is. Very important thing to note here: If you have Soul of the Forest up as you Overgrowth it gets consumed and increases the healing of its spells. Here I'm actually not sure if it's all or only one. I forgot to check and currently can't test it with it not being unlocked. Update to it later!

Early Spring: There a currently are a few druids that run with a very Mastery oriented talent specc (Cultivation & Cenarion Ward), which makes them also choose Early Spring to just have an additional HoT rolling. I personally still don't know how I feel about it because Overgrowth does the same and even more. I'd imagine it being good in Battlegrounds. More testing to come

Focused Growth: Aswell as Early Spring, Focused Growth is currently played sometimes and the only situation where it is really helpful is when you have a team that really does only train one target from start to finish and does not have a way of removing your HoTs, which already reduces the amount of situations where you are gonna use it quite a lot. IF they really never switch the target, it's gonna turn out good but eventually players will realize that you can outplay it by simply going on a different target if their comp allows them to.
3. Artifact Weapon
With 7.2. every Weapon trait is activated in PvP aswell, which means we have to choose our current points wisely, since it will be expensive if we accidently skill wrong!

You really wanna aim for the new Golden trait as soon as possible, which is why you will go ahead and skill it first before going on to the normal traits. I'm not too sure which normal traits do really give the most output but I'd go with "Natural Mending" "Bleesed of the World T.", "Grovewalker" and then the rest doesn't seem to be any differencial at all. I'd say you can go with what ever you like, really.

https://gyazo.com/ea08c53a229cbd111b28d7d08e207155

Also, for those who haven't gotten to 35 yet and are behind in Knowledge, wondering how to skill those first 35, here is the old path for those:
https://gyazo.com/d5126f88beaecc6243efd098e8cf54cd

4. Healing

Mastery: Harmony has changed quite a bit. The amount of healing increased by it, now depends on how many HoTs we have applied on that target. Each HoT applied does increase our healing by X% - Based on how much Mastery we own.
Generally you never want your hots to expire, which is often not avoidable but if, you should make sure you do it within the last 4 seconds of their duration. With the system added in WoD, a certain % of each HoT&DoTs time gets added to the one that refreshes it so you don't really waste any mana or healing unless you do it way too early.

Having a lot of hots rolling that do actual healing or will heal in an upcoming time are very key. Druid is a lot about preparing targets that may not even be attacked right now but are weak to switches. Due to being out of, or low on defensive cooldowns left

Lifebloom: You always want lifebloom to be applied on a target that will receive the most damage. A very neat thing about that ability is, that if you re-apply it with less than 5 seconds of its duration remaining, it will do the "Blooming" effect which usually would happen through expiring and heal the target for X amount.

Rejuvenation: As mentioned before, Rejuvenation is a very important hot especially when you are running with Soul of the Forest. You want to get those strong heals going and is defnitely the hot you use by far the most in any pvp encount.

Regrowth: Regrowth is the main healing cast that we use. Healing Touch has no place in PvP anymore. You don't wanna fully rely on the your hots, so finding the balance between hotting and regrowthing is huge. Again has a lot of heal potential, especially in combination with SotF.

Swiftmend/SotF: You don't really want to waste your swiftmends, but you want to have the SotF, which overvalues the heal Swiftmend does. Try not not sit on two Swiftmend stacks incase you're playing with Prosperity. Constantly get those SotF Rejuvenations outs for strong sustain healing.
NOTE: If you play with Revitalize and SotF, be aware that the refreshed Rejuvs from Revitalize overwrite the SotF effect and make it less efficient. In those situations it's better to use the buffs on Regrowths and Overgrowths.

Wild Growth: The mana burner. Wild Growth does get quite a lot of traits from our Artifact Talents. Be careful with using it and make sure that several party members make use of that heal. It's not worth to be used for a single target.

Effloressence: Be careful with how often you use it and where you position it. Try to make it worth and place it where it will do healing for several seconds.. Preferably multiple targets. Using it too often does drain your mana a lot.

Tranquility: Eventhough the healing does get increased through talents in our weapon, it still is fairly weak. Being able to cast it while moving does give the opportunity to use it while changing locations or kiting aroun pillars to avoid interupts from nearby enemies.

Essence of G'hanir: Having the tickrate of all your HoTs increased by 100% is huge. The cooldown is "short" with 1.5 minutes, but you don't want to waste it. You want to make sure to get as much value out of it and stablize the situation by using every global during it's duration.

Overgrowth: it's our strongest ability. Instantly applying all our hots. It does synergize with soul of the forest aswell as G'Hanir if they're used right before Overgrowthing. Again, nothing you want to waste! It does have a really short cooldown, so using it regulary just for the initial heals and hot refreshment is "fine". Does help very well with recovering after coming out of CrowdControl.

Ironbark: Since we're running with Stonebark, Ironbark does not just reduce damage, it also increases the healing the target receives through our hots. Giving us a bit of an easier time to recover. Good usage of it takes a lot of experience, as pre-emtively using it before getting put into CrowdControl does often decide between death or living.

Innervate: It doesn't have a global cd and same as for G'Hanir, you don't to waste it's duration. Make use of powerful spells that would usually cost you a lot of mana to stablize or prepare for upcoming damage. Don't just use of it before you go oom. There's nothing wrong with using it early in the game. Just make sure it does get value.

Burst healing:
WIthout Genesis and Nature's Swiftness, our burst healing went down by a lot and that is why making good use of a combo'ed direct heals is very important. IF there is time.

Nothing is worse than coming out of crowdcontrol and seeing your teammates on the edge of health. Knowing how much time there is left before he will probably fall is very important. Sometimes you have no choice but just press Overgrowth but other times you might have time to sneak in another global/ablity before.

Using Ironbark as it has no global, followed by Swiftmend for the direct healing, gaining Soul of the Forest and then using Overgrowth does do a great amount of instant healing and also as mentioned before, it'll consume the SotF and enhance initial Regrowth heal of Overgrowth
Those combos aren't also just for single target or as last resort. They also do really well against spread damage. Having the spreading WildGrowth of OG healing the double amount is huge. Especially since the Essence will still run for a while so you have even more healing within the upcoming globals.

NOTE: A lot of players are scared of getting interupted and therefor struggle quite a lot now with Genesis being gone. It really does make such a big difference healing wise between someone who deals with interupts and knows when getting interupted does no real harm and the ones too scared of it and start falling way too far behind because of it. It's a big step and definitely not easy. But the result is worth it.
5. Survival of the fittest bear

We druids aren't known for being the tankiest. Unless.. we are a bear! Just like in WoD, Bear Form does stay as our number one survival cooldown and stronger than ever before with the help of Guardian Affinity, Druid of the Claw and Revitalize who all just go very well with it.

Your goal is to be in Bear Form at the arrival of the stun landing on you (against meeles that is), to make use of your armor and reduce the physical damage dealt by as much as possible to stay somewhat healthy. Experience and knowledge/tracking of the enemy cooldowns really does make the job of predicting those easier.

Now while being stuck in bearform and meeles on you, you have 2 options:

Option 1: Make use of your Displacer Beast and aim for a location where you can get out of their line of sight as soon as possible, which also gives you a great opportunity to make use of your ability "Ursol's Vortex". Placing it down before displacering often ends up in enemies wasting their mobility as they try to instantly connect again. (That does even happen against highly experienced players on a regular base)

Option 2: Stay in bear form and keep tanking, making use of your Guardian Affinity. Frenzied Regeneration is perfect when freshly coming out of a stun because one may assume that you have lost a decent amount of health in that duration and F.R. will help you get back up.

At that point you also passively gain from your talents Druid of the Claw & Revitalize, who probably already did some work during the lockdown.
But also your other Affinity abilites can come in handy situationally. Using Thrash and Mangle to work towards the 45 Rage for Ironfur is mandatory. It wont happen too often that you stay that long in bear to make use of it, but there's nothing wrong with preparing for that case.

We wont always get lucky enough to be in bear form during heavy fire but even then, option 1 or 2 occure. If we are the only low target, being in normal form and trying to get hots up while meeles being on you, usually ends up being worse than if you would've just sat in bear using frenzied regen and have your passives do work. It does seem and feel weird, but it's strong.

Very important note: You have 2 charges of Frenzied R., don't be too scared of just pressing it after you lost a bit of hp. It's worth. Another situation where that may come handy is right after dispelling an unstable magic that silences you for 4 seconds and takes hit on your HP, you could quickly jump into Bearform and press Regen to heal yourself for a bit while being silenced.

Barkskin: While starting to take damage and maybe being stunned, you have to make the d decision for yourself if you are fine, if you need to Barkskin or if the damage may just be too high and unpredictable that maybe simply using your Medallion and displacering away may being the best option in order to save your barkskin instead of running into the danger of having to use both of those. Rotating through your cooldowns is very important.

6. Druid Races for Horde / Alliance

If you play Alliance, you definitely are missing out if you don't use go Night Elf. Shadowmeld is such a fun mechanic, giving you something worthy of another Medallion if used correctly. Same as going back into Prowl or using the time drinking!

For Horde I feel like the Haste of Troll is better than Tauren's Warstomp. With Orcs being so popular, the duration of Warstomp will be really low, not giving you enough time to get a cyclone off. I personally would just prioritize a sneaky fast clone or what ever else it may be!
7. Addons

The list of addons I use is small, but those few I find very useful in everydays PvP adventure and can recommend them any time.

Omnibar - Ability tracker for your opponents. Very easy to set up

OmniCC - Seeing the duration of your hots on the target plates (Easier knowing when to refresh hots)

Gladius or sArena - Arena Frames that can be customized fairly easy

BigDebuffs Shows CrowdControl as bigger symbols on the raidframes and in the Portraits of your target/focus frame. Definitely recommended

8. Macros

Druid really does not have super fancy macros. Probably half as much as through the last expansions but just still some that can be quite helpful!

Powershifting macros: Eventhough powershifting has been changed, the old macros still work in order to not instantly shift out of the form again, incase we press it more often in a short period of time

TRAVEL FORM:
#showtooltip Travel Form
/cast !Travel Form

BEAR FORM:
#showtooltip Bear Form
/cast !Bear Form

CAT FORM:
#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast !Cat Form

OTHERS:
Prowl: Same as for the forms, double clicking Prowl would instantly cancel your stealth, while with this macro you can hammer the button as manytimes as you want and it will not cancel it.

#showtooltip prowl
/cast !prowl

Innervate: Unless we do battlegrounds, Innervate will always be used on ourselves, therefor making a macro to apply it us without having to switch a target does safe some time.

#showtooltip Innervate
/cast [target=player] Innervate

Cyclone: Just a simply shift-modifier macro that will cyclone our focus incase we use SHFIT + SetKeybind.

#showtooltip Cyclone
/cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Cyclone; Cyclone

9. Final words

The guide is very long and surely not perfect in any way. I would like to continue updating this guide, together with your guys help and opinions to cover up all questions one may have. Going into deeper details that it can even help the advanced players.

If you have any questions, opinion, or anything. Feel free to share it with me.

Also, if you would like to see actual game content of me in the future or like to hit me up on another social platform, you're more than welcome!

twitter.com/Doomsenwow
twitch.tv/Doomsen
youtube.com/Doomsenwow

Once again I hope you guys are got something out of it!
Saving first comment incase this ever goes so far that it will need more space!
03/09/2016 15:05Posted by Doomsen
Balance/Feral Affinity: If I shall be very honest, I've not put any research behind those. Feral affinity just doesn't seem to fit into any PvP category and Balance can be quite fun I assume for messing around in Battlegrounds while there is nothing to heal and you would like to help out your team damage wise.

While you're the type of elitist jerk who picks the best for progress, some of us actually have fun while playing the game. In pre-patch I used feral affinity as an opener for stun + extra damage from Rake and I was actually able to kill DPS classes with it. You can even go bear form for extra HP and Swipe your enemy down.
03/09/2016 17:01Posted by Gluttonelf
While you're the type of elitist jerk who picks the best for progress, some of us actually have fun while playing the game.

Really completely unecessary comment, no need to act like a jerk yourself. Also, you can still pick best for progress and have fun.

@OP Great guide, thanks for taking the time to create it. I was unsure on some things regarding honor talents and this will help loads when I go for honor :)
Doomsenqt
+1
Nice guide! I would like to point out and ask some things tho.

Artifact Traits:

My first idea was to go for Mark of the Shifting and the Tranqulity trait with just 13 points aswell, tho the path to Dreamwalker would be quite long then, and the last golden trait would need 7 more points aswell.

I get the point that Wild Growth and Effloresence aren't your goto abilities in 2s or 3s, but they're probably useful in RBGs, and i dont see the Tranqulity Trait or Mark being so powerful(haven't played beta like yourself tho)

I've seen some people mentioning they will be going for the "PvE route" and just pick the top path to Dreamwalker and then move down to Mark of the Shifting and Tranquility.

I thought about a build that lets you take Dreamwalker, Mark of the Shifting and Tranquil Mind with 17 points. Its basically similar to yours, but doesnt take the 3% HoT Trait (which seems like one of the best tho)

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/restoration/GzlVINAH0BB-AQfwEIQDCGAwhwMIgDCKAQiwFTcB

What do you plan on going for after your 16 points? Dreamwalker and Effloresence maybe?

Considering Honour Talents:

Whats your opinion about the other 2 Talents in the last row? I get that Overgrowth seems unbeatable, but especially when farming prestige the hlvl 46 Talent isnt always available. Lifebloom buff seems decent in my opinion, the instant Wild Growth is probably too mana intensive and you dont want to spam that ability anway.
Hey there, I'll gladly answer your questions!

Artifact Traits:

My first idea was to go for Mark of the Shifting and the Tranqulity trait with just 13 points aswell, tho the path to Dreamwalker would be quite long then, and the last golden trait would need 7 more points aswell.

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/druid/restoration/GzlVINAH0BB-AQfwEIQDCGAwhwMIgDCKAQiwFTcB

What do you plan on going for after your 16 points? Dreamwalker and Effloresence maybe?

I'm sure that you can take a few different talents if you would like to base it more on Battleground adventures to possibly include "Nature's Essence".

I would assume that before the PvP season starts, we'll all be having 20 Artifact Talents or even more for which I would go with the Dreamwalker way. After that I'm not sure if I would just put the one point into Nature's Essence or go with the increased healing of "Seeds of the World T.", as in my head that seems worth more than the WG bonus.

05/09/2016 17:34Posted by Thorsus
Whats your opinion about the other 2 Talents in the last row? I get that Overgrowth seems unbeatable, but especially when farming prestige the hlvl 46 Talent isnt always available. Lifebloom buff seems decent in my opinion, the instant Wild Growth is probably too mana intensive and you dont want to spam that ability anway.

As you mentioned yourself, Early Spring will just end up being a massive mana burner if making use of it on a regular base.

Focused Growth is just "fine" for the time we don't have access to Overgrowth. But I didn't find myself in the situation where I had the additional global to apply those stacks, especially not in pressure situations. Also there is no guarantee of Lifebloom staying on that target due to being dispelled or having to switch the target we have to prioritize healing.

The main issue there is, that the stacks are not transfered to the new LIfebloom location, which I think would be something Blizzard should consider, to increase the value.

In my opinion it'd be a decent PvE talent as your Lifebloom usually is on one tank and never gets switched, so it's easy to maintain the 60% additional healing but in PvP combat, you can't get away with not ever switching it and then it requires you additional globals everytime you do so.

Overgrowth just really covers everything. Direct healing, healing overtime, low mana costs, even aoe healing, works well with SotF.

I hope I was able to cover all your questions.

Best Regards,
Fabian / Doomsen
03/09/2016 15:07Posted by Doomsen
Essence of G'hanir: Having all your healing increased by 100% is huge. The cooldown is "short" with 1.5 minutes, but you don't want to waste it. You want to make sure to get as much value out of it and stablize the situation by using every global during it's duration.

I believe Essence of G'hanir doesn't actually increase our healing done but rather speeds up the HoT spells by 100% :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've understood.

Nice guide anyway!
06/09/2016 02:27Posted by Miumau

I believe Essence of G'hanir doesn't actually increase our healing done but rather speeds up the HoT spells by 100% :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've understood.

You are totally right! Both are strong but not quite the same. Will update it asap.
Thanks alot for this Doomsen. +1
Nice work Doomsen any chance of a Feral pvp guide lol.
I've just added the macro section. Sadly we don't have any super fancy ones but they still might be helpful for someone!
Thanks for the nice guide Doomsen, appreciate your efforts :)

Dont you think Balance Affinity could be worth against some comps ?
5 more yards on every spell is not too bad (old cyclone glyph) imho.
17/09/2016 03:55Posted by Scrâ
Thanks for the nice guide Doomsen, appreciate your efforts :)

Dont you think Balance Affinity could be worth against some comps ?
5 more yards on every spell is not too bad (old cyclone glyph) imho.

Thank you! Hmm, the thing about it is, that 10% damage reduction and the other abilities that Guardian Affinity brings are just too good to miss out on. I assume you can, but it just seems way too good in every situation.
Thank you for the detailed guide really appriciate it! How do you think resto druids compare against the other healers ? Also why do you think they are nerfing resto ( the living seed nerfs) when atm its not even the top 1 healer
19/09/2016 12:13Posted by Quadpulse
Thank you for the detailed guide really appriciate it! How do you think resto druids compare against the other healers ? Also why do you think they are nerfing resto ( the living seed nerfs) when atm its not even the top 1 healer

From what I've seen and heard, most people would rate druid and priest as the worst healers right now, putting us in the position of the 4th or maybe even 5th healer position. About the nerfs I'm not sure, but druid seems to be very strong in PvE, so I assume that nerf is pve related.