Is Enhancement Still Fun?

Shaman
Hi all,

This is mostly a PvP-oriented question (pretty much a battleground hero), and not one that's focused particularly on viability. It's also not a QQ.

I've loved my shaman from day one because of the unique resource system, reactivity, and melee-spellcaster hybrid, with a lot of instant damage both ranged and up close. Whilst I completely realise I'm only two levels into the expansion, I feel like the old essence is gone, and I'm no longer enjoying playing the class like I used to. I feel too melee now, I feel like the resource is too robotic and unintuitive, and that having to juggle two shortterm buffs, losing the shocks, and losing the selfheals has changed the class in a way that I'm not a fan of. Of course, the artifact and talent system introduce post-leveling leveling, and the honor talents in particular look very fun and interesting, but that's likely going to be quite a bit of invested time at 110.

I'm just wondering if anyone else felt the same, and how they feel about the class now? Or if people generally think that the new class concept is just as, if not more so, fun and engaging at endgame as it used to be? Or if I'm not liking the concept now and unlikely to like it at endgame, should I consider re-rolling for now and not wasting much time?

Thanks
Still fun but still bloated, weak, squishy and gear dependent.
I don't know about PvP, but PvE it's extremely fun! :-)
While most classes got simplified, nearly all of them has a rotation that makes sense, and gives a feeling of satisfaction.

Unfortunately, Enhancement is not one of them.

One of the selling points of all specs that shaman had was that it was very resourceful and handy, able to use totems for every situation.
Enhancement now has no totems. (Unless you spec for one or two!)
Our rotation does not feel satisfactory, it feels like Blizzard didn't keep it short and good, but instead kept it stale and bareboned.

Both for PvP and PvE, we're not anything unique anymore.
What so strongly defined us has not just been shortened down, it has been cut entirely.

What lasts is a basic melee magic DPS, a basic bursty caster (with some totems), and a healer spec that has higher damage output than the previous two specs.

Enhancement in Draenor was great.

Heavy, satisfactory abilities, flexible do-it-all playstyle with totems, and a rotation that felt reactive and responsive.

What we have now is a basic rotation of 4-5 buttons, with a chance to proc Stormstrike, which we then use.

That's it.

There's nothing more to enhancement now than that.
You cannot adapt anymore. You don't always have a tool at hand that you used to have.

Did you want to switch to multi-target instead of single-target?
A single press of Crash Lightning.
That's your entire AoE rotation.

I can go on for days about how much I love enhancement, and how disappointed i am in this new stale playstyle, and the worst part is that it will all fall for deaf ears.

You don't just change a class' foundations so easily.
Which might explain the worst part of the state of enhancement right now; we can do nothing than wait and hope developers or community employees somehow catch a glimmer of our complaints and puts it in the list of things that needs attention.
14/09/2016 23:06Posted by Farcato
While most classes got simplified, nearly all of them has a rotation that makes sense, and gives a feeling of satisfaction.

Unfortunately, Enhancement is not one of them.

One of the selling points of all specs that shaman had was that it was very resourceful and handy, able to use totems for every situation.
Enhancement now has no totems. (Unless you spec for one or two!)
Our rotation does not feel satisfactory, it feels like Blizzard didn't keep it short and good, but instead kept it stale and bareboned.

Both for PvP and PvE, we're not anything unique anymore.
What so strongly defined us has not just been shortened down, it has been cut entirely.

What lasts is a basic melee magic DPS, a basic bursty caster (with some totems), and a healer spec that has higher damage output than the previous two specs.

Enhancement in Draenor was great.

Heavy, satisfactory abilities, flexible do-it-all playstyle with totems, and a rotation that felt reactive and responsive.

What we have now is a basic rotation of 4-5 buttons, with a chance to proc Stormstrike, which we then use.

That's it.

There's nothing more to enhancement now than that.
You cannot adapt anymore. You don't always have a tool at hand that you used to have.

Did you want to switch to multi-target instead of single-target?
A single press of Crash Lightning.
That's your entire AoE rotation.

I can go on for days about how much I love enhancement, and how disappointed i am in this new stale playstyle, and the worst part is that it will all fall for deaf ears.

You don't just change a class' foundations so easily.
Which might explain the worst part of the state of enhancement right now; we can do nothing than wait and hope developers or community employees somehow catch a glimmer of our complaints and puts it in the list of things that needs attention.

That's all.
weak more than any class
I haven't bothered with actual BGs, but out in the world Enhancement seems fine. They do lack some mobility compared to other classes, but they are definitely fun. As long as you don't define "fun" as "overpowered"
Enhancement is more fun than it has ever been in legion. We have amazing combat animations very good cleave. Our single target damage is better than it used to be however we can do with a bit of tlc on aoe. I am not sure how things are for PVP but certainly from a pve point of view, we are in a fairly good spot.
we lack defensive stuff for pvp...survivability is like zero. I am picking my targets cause with it while all other classes just charge and smash faces.