5 Days into Legion, already 2x the same Legendary.

General
Heya guys,

I know this is a luxury problem but still a problem nonetheless.
I have just received my second legendary drop and guess what.... it's exactly the same one as i already had.

Proof: https://s14.postimg.org/gtjljbh0x/2x_legendary_5daysinxp.png (you can see both of them in the picture on the right bottem corner in my bag)

Now let me quote an interview by a blizzard dev.
"It should be nearly impossible to get a duplicate legendary item. (Source: Legion Summit Dev Interview)"

There is no way this should and can happen within 5 days of Legion release and a total of 2 days 18 hours played.

My question am i the world first and most unlucky person to get the same one or is this an unintended bug cause let's be fair 2x duplicate legendary within 2 days played should never be possible at least it should roll to another one.
you got both legendarys from 4xworldquest chest? or doungeon boss? please tell me your source ;D!?
@ Demonlul,

1x Heroic maw of souls end boss
1x Mythic blackrook end boss.
RNG is RNG
''Most unlucky?*

Honestly, be glad, that you recieved legendary items!
Nearly impossible doesn't mean impossible.

You've been both really lucky and really unlucky.
04/09/2016 07:29Posted by Avonmore
Nearly impossible doesn't mean impossible.

You've been both really lucky and really unlucky.


When developers say nearly impossible you don't and can't expect 2x the same item within 2 days /played. That just screams as a bad system for legendarys and feels more unrewarding than anything else. You shouldn't be able to get 2x the same one.
04/09/2016 07:29Posted by Avonmore
Nearly impossible doesn't mean impossible.

You've been both really lucky and really unlucky.


When developers say nearly impossible you don't and can't expect 2x the same item within 2 days /played. That just screams as a bad system for legendarys and feels more salty than anything else. You shouldn't be able to get 2x the same one.


No, when developers say it's nearly impossible they mean exactly that - that it's NEARLY impossible. Impossible is eating the sun, nearly impossible is winning five gold medals in the Olympic games. For most people it won't happen, but if there's 99.99% chance of this not happening, somebody will be the 00.01%.

Now, could Blizz improve the system? Maybe. But world drops have never before been influenced by what you already had, so maybe we shouldn't have expected this to be different off-the-bat.
...

When developers say nearly impossible you don't and can't expect 2x the same item within 2 days /played. That just screams as a bad system for legendarys and feels more salty than anything else. You shouldn't be able to get 2x the same one.


No, when developers say it's nearly impossible they mean exactly that - that it's NEARLY impossible. Impossible is eating the sun, nearly impossible is winning five gold medals in the Olympic games. For most people it won't happen, but if there's 99.99% chance of this not happening, somebody will be the 00.01%.

Now, could Blizz improve the system? Maybe. But world drops have never before been influenced by what you already had, so maybe we shouldn't have expected this to be different off-the-bat.


There is RNG and there is Blizzard RNG, the RNG formula used in most cases is automated, which means it really isn't random, just simulated randomness. This causes strings of the same event to occur more likely together, because the computer tries to make it "random." WoW's 'RNG' Is as close you can get to genuinely random while still having some predetermination meaning this is just very badly balanced if you look back into the beta forum complaints there were over tens of people complaining they receive duplicate legendaries but then you check blizzard given interviews and you hear "nearly impossible" and if you watch the video he's hinting like it's something that can and won't ever really happen. Now 2 days /played later here i am with 2x the same legendary, seems like either a flaw in their chance drop rate or just a bad system. Therefor a gm's attention to just investigate would be handy. I very much doubt blizzard would want to make players feel very salty and unrewarding when they get their second legendary and it's a duplicate u can't even vendor.
From the same guide/post/interview that you plucked your 'near impossible' comment, it also mentions that there are about 8 or 9 legendaries available per spec. (http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4149/a-guide-to-legion-legendaries#how-many-legendaries-will-be-available)
So the chances of getting the same legendary (once the game has decided you get a legendary) is apparently 10 to 12% (if we go with each of them having the exact same drop rate).

The chances of getting a second legendary in 2 days however, that's the really low chance here and should be what surprises you more. ;)
Damn, not even 1 legendary dropped for me yet, and you got 2 in such a short period of time. I would just enjoy that I got 1, instead of being sad, that the second drop was the same. Ok, now i seriously have to go back and farm something...
Receives 2x legendary drop complains about it, i lol'd
04/09/2016 10:05Posted by Chyssix
Receives 2x legendary drop complains about it, i lol'd


You should read through the post before posting as no one here is complaining. Merely asking if intended based on previous interviews this to happen so soon.

PS: Don't forget if this happens to me it can happen to you meaning you will deal with the same problem as me sooner or later let's see your reaction when that time comes wouldn't you want to make sure it's intended to happen this soon, duplicates? Wouldn't you feel that your 2nd legendary feels unrewarding which defeats the whole purpose of receiving a legendary?
where do legendaries even drop?
Jesus just vendor/delete the second one..
04/09/2016 12:03Posted by Kistral
where do legendaries even drop?


think the question should be WHY do they drop...<.<
Why are there still "rarities" and item colors when every item is just as easy to get? xD I need to do the same effort to get an orange item as a specific green item. Lul, one week of legion and ppl already have legendaries, back in vanilla that sh1t would be a blue quest reward item, !@#$1ng casualclysm.
This is why the RnG legendary items was a massively poor decision. Some would get the RnG gods smiling on them and other would be left out in the cold. If I were you I wouldn't go shouting to loudly that you have had 2 drops already as most like myself have had none!

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum