Tired of petulant PUGs? Help us fix it

General
1 2 3 33 Next
Highly Rated
New link: https://discord.gg/jCgZqha
________________________________________________________________________________

The fail train is a discord community (cross realm cross faction guild if you like) where people can clear content in a friendly and relaxed environment.

If you play wow and:

*You have anxiety issues or are just very shy
*You are tired of getting bashed in every group
*You are tired of how rude & antisocial the wow community is
*You are to busy or to rubbish to get into mythics or raids.
*You value doing the content with a fun and relaxed group
*You are tired of the "gogogo omfg hurry up &%#¤&" mentality
*You wanna try out new classes and specs but are unsure
*You want to see all the content but just the thought of mythics or raids make you all shaky.

Give us a chance. Wow can be fun, pugs can be fun. Even if you are inexperienced, bad, shy, can't find a guild why should that limit your ability to enjoy the game and see all aspects of the game?

What this community isn't:

*It's not a boosting group, if you wanna clear something, you get in there you don't afk, you do your best (whatever your abilities are), you wipe with us, you fail with us and you succeed with us.

*It's not for you who want to clear stuff as quickly as possible, for us the journey is important. (and that doesn't mean we lack ambition or dedication)

This is a group with a large blend of people, everyone from kids to 60, everyone from totally new players to highly experienced, everyone from those who strugle with a heroic 5 man to those that raid heroic. It is okay to be on different levels skill wise, its okay to have different ambitions in-game, it is okay to be shy, outwards, amazing, rubbish, totally silent or the one that talk in voice for hours and hours.

It's..just okay, and whoever you are you deserve to have just as much fun as the next guy, be treated just the same as the next guy.

The only requirement we have is don't be an !@#. If you think this is something for you, join us on this epic journey that wow actually is when you have nice people with you.
If this is for you, you can find us here: https://discord.gg/jCgZqha

Do not cancel your subsciption yet, wow is still fun.
Good luck with your guild. This is a really nice idea and I wish you all the best. Unfortunately I'm not on the right servers, but I hope you will fill the ranks soon :)
I have quested solo for ever with my character. Done Kalimdor. Done EK. Doing Outlands. Because of that effort in levelling I now one-shot everybody, but am obsessed with doing every quest, and that leaves me now (at lvl 74) way above what I (should) be doing as to where I am.

I solo dungeon and solo raid some stuff, but I'm just lagging behind with actually having friends to do stuff with. Call it Social Anxiety Disorder. "It's the WoW way"

Because of my trait I never really guilded or ran stuff with friends.

I need something new, and it sounds like you do too buddy.

Keep the faith. You need a guild to raid with.
Thank you Korrina :)

The guild is just by the by, if anyone is interested in anything (also, I'm down for some legacy content. Coming for you, Galakras. Soooon.) let me know and let's battlenet (oi, 'Blizzard... messenger... something') up. Misty, looking at you.

I also encourage the 'casuals are the cancer of WoW' people to express their opinion and bump this thread. You know you want to.

PS: my "god.damn" in the original post got censored. Such filth. I apologise.
I suggest that, rather than asking people to reroll or transfer to join your guild, you create a list of people cross-realm to do dungeons together.

People could make an alt in your guild to share a calendar, but continue to play their mains on whatever server, and all get together via BTag for the dungeon runs.
Ok, sorry, I must've done a rubbish job at communicating this. The guild was just an unrelated afterthought, scratch the guild. Edited. Thanks Gráinne.
Pity you're not Ally on BE (or connected). I have a shammy I'd be happy to jump in and (attempt) to heal on.
Well, my motivation behind all this (doomed to fail, looks like) is getting stuff done on what passes for my main, but!

I have 3 Ally alts at 100. Boosted and leveled through invasions, so I have close to no idea what's what. If Allies willing to join the fail train can be found, then I am happy to dust one of those off, maybe even read up on which buttons to press, and stand in fire for your shammy.
26/09/2016 01:27Posted by Keg
Pity you're not Ally on BE (or connected). I have a shammy I'd be happy to jump in and (attempt) to heal on.

Yeah, I'd be up for a venture like this too. However I too have only Allies.
For a Horde side I can offer 110 shammy that used to be a healer (quite long ago), but is currently ele because I didn't want to heal in PuGs. Got already somewhat upgraded healing artifact (2k AP or about). In addition there is a pala in a leveling q willing to tank (need to do 2 levels first to get tanking arifact; already started with retri spec). Quite rusty. My last serious tanking was in Ulduar.

If you choose to switch to Ally, there are: 104 pala (tank or heal; need tanking wep), resto druid, holy priest, both with weps (but still 100).

I'd like to start again with tanking, but will happly do the healing part, too.

If this kicks in I'll stop by your realm and provide ID.
Omg this sounds exactly what I've been looking for!

I have a warrior tank lvl 110 and I'm trying to level my shaman for healing. But as others have said, I too am unfotunately on a different server: Al'Akir.
On top of Grainnes suggestion, maybe could start a virtual guild on something like openraid.eu or discord. All aboard "The Fail Train"

7.1 is introducing a new invite system for bnet friends but that's spur of moment content queuing and doesn't facilitate scheduling of events.

I haven't pugged in a long time as just don't find it a pleasant experience and whilst I did consider raiding with a guild this expansion, can't commit to 3hrs a night, 3/4 nights a week.

I'd happily try spend 90 minutes running up repair bills in good company (and get over my social anxiety), though, sadly I too am alliance.
I am a filthy horde casual and would happily help out. Sounds like my kind of thing. Different server though.

I'm sure my guild of two would be into these types of dungeon runs. We have just been duoing normals so far so there is room for a few more in our groups :)
Sounds like fun.
I have a few characters in their 90's, sadly all Alliance though.
Maybe I could be boost one?

Believe, me, I could make the worst of you look like Gods!!
If this was alliance i would sign up for healing.

I would give my right arm to heal a tolerant group that isnt rushing
So many people on the wrong faction :P
Although I suppose if we are doing this xrealm, than I can do lousy DPS for both factions.

I have a spriest at max level not geared (the guy that I call my main) and this hunter for Horde, and a BM hunter for Alliance with the possibility of adding a spriest (doesn't have artifact weapon yet). I was going to start on the BM hunter anyway, so I guess I should have her dungeon ready in a few days (level 102 it's what's required for levelling dungeons right?).

26/09/2016 08:52Posted by Rhovanor
On top of Grainnes suggestion, maybe could start a virtual guild on something like openraid.eu or discord. All aboard "The Fail Train"
This sounds great. If there was a place to point people to I wouldn't mind saying something on General on Dalaran on my server, see if we can get more people.

26/09/2016 13:17Posted by Xesha
Sounds like fun.
I have a few characters in their 90's, sadly all Alliance though.
Maybe I could be boost one?

Believe, me, I could make the worst of you look like Gods!!
It might be harder than what you expect :P
Why did you downvote only a half of this thread. You lazy butt.

26/09/2016 13:56Posted by Korrina
So many people on the wrong faction :P

*So many people not in my faction. And I am not a requirement for this, obviously. You Allies just pretty much got yourselves a 5-man there. And again, I'm happy to also bring an Ally alt, if you'll have me.

Something made you guys post in this thread, the trick now is to have at least a few people keep the idea alive, or it'll die pretty quickly. Or rather, this particular attempt will die. The idea is and has always been alive, it's just that there are no real tools to help bring us together (other than the useless and broken guild finder).

What I'm trying to say is, please stick around :)

26/09/2016 08:52Posted by Rhovanor
On top of Grainnes suggestion, maybe could start a virtual guild on something like openraid.eu or discord. All aboard "The Fail Train

Thanks Rhovanor, I'll have a look. Are you even interested in running dungeons if you were thinking about raiding? And I don't know what types of dungeons, either; the fail train can only go so far before it derails. :)

So yeah, I'll see whats available on the web. Or, as Gráinne suggested, we could pick guilds, put alts in them, and try to figure things out from there. I don't know.

If anyone's still interested, let me know what you think.
Even though I'm a Horde, I'm not filthy (Blood elf Queen and naturally my loyal subject is clean all the time). I am however a Priestess (High one that is), I have a severe altoholism problem (no I don't!) and I might have a few voices in my head that tells me stuff (no you don't). Anyway, I'm on the wrong server - Draenor - but if time allows it I can put in a few helping fingers and heal for you if need be.

Battle.net is pharazon#2864, main is Dalkisha @ Draenor.

For the Horde! .... *pst, I'm an undercover agent at the Alliance, they think I'm a Draenei, don't tell anyone*