Tired of petulant PUGs? Help us fix it

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 31 Next
27/09/2016 07:22Posted by Uzûlar
Also, welcome Gorsha! The project is still in the works, but some of use have already been talking ingame. Join us!

Rhovanor grabbed me a little while ago, glad to be onboard :D
Guys i dont think we need to be on the same server/guild?

Keeping it simple all we need is battletags, a calender and maybe a forum (i am happy to set up a forum or calender and happy to use someone elses)

Would be happy to heal, i am a newbie healer who always played dps in the past, but all i am looking for is a relaxed atmosphere.... if your a tank and mess up you wont hear me whinging and if your dps then whilst i would prefer you not to stand in bad i wont make a deal of it and will try to keep you alive.

This could actually keep me playing, since my first few pugs have actually made me not want to play :)
I will work on leveling this guy up and hopefully catch you up sometime.
27/09/2016 08:55Posted by Ravinee
Keeping it simple all we need is battletags, a calender and maybe a forum (i am happy to set up a forum or calender and happy to use someone elses)

If you look a page or two back, we have arrived at the conclusion setting up a dummy guild and using the ingame calendar might actually be the easiest solution. I was thinking maybe we could hook that guild up to openraid and operate it from the interwebs, without having to actually log in (too often, at least). I'm not sure whether this could be done, I couldn't get past verification for openraid yesterday so I still don't really know how it works. Will test it this evening.

That being said, I am of course open to suggestions. Maybe let us test the guild solution first, and if it turns out to be a crap idea, we will try something else.
Also, a more private forum sounds good, I'm all for that.

To be continued later when I get RL out of the way.
Hi there - I would be VERY interested in this!!

I've not read the whole thread yet, so I apologise if I've missed out this info, but is there a way I can send you my battle tag in-game rather than posting it here?

I've got a solo guild - every class of troll - on Darkmoon Faire - including a priest and a druid who would love to have a go at healing and tanking if people were prepared for hilarity and deaths.

Is there a way of joining in without leaving my solo guild?

Incidentally, I had been thinking of writing a similar thread in the realm forum! Glad you bravely got there first. ;)
Hmm, tempting.

I always wanted to get back in to tanking, haven't touched the stuff since wrath.
Keep us informed sugarplums, if the idea behind cross realm doesn't work out i'll just level warrior on the server you choose.
27/09/2016 11:26Posted by Fleurez
27/09/2016 08:55Posted by Ravinee

If you look a page or two back, we have arrived at the conclusion setting up a dummy guild and using the ingame calendar might actually be the easiest solution. I was thinking maybe we could hook that guild up to openraid and operate it from the interwebs, without having to actually log in (too often, at least). I'm not sure whether this could be done, I couldn't get past verification for openraid yesterday so I still don't really know how it works. Will test it this evening.

That being said, I am of course open to suggestions. Maybe let us test the guild solution first, and if it turns out to be a crap idea, we will try something else.
Also, a more private forum sounds good, I'm all for that.

To be continued later when I get RL out of the way.

Battletags and forum would be brilliant and sort of answers my query about giving up solo guilds - a sort of meta guild! Hurrah!

The more I think about it, the more interested I am in this idea - I so dread PUGS and their scary ways.

Really hope this happens (and I can tag along ;) )
Lel, we seem to have more tanks and healers than dps. Is this AU.

Jazurja, Overboard, we can make this work without anyone having to leave their guilds or level anything. Give us some time. You don't need to read the whole thread, it's mostly ramblings, just stay tuned from now on.

You're welcome to add me behexen #2485.
27/09/2016 12:31Posted by Fleurez

Jazurja, Overboard, we can make this work without anyone having to leave their guilds or level anything. Give us some time. You don't need to read the whole thread, it's mostly ramblings, just stay tuned from now on.

Amazing! Request sent.

Btw, very happy to dps too - I just want to enjoy the dungeons, not feel stressed or too embarrassed, and get my stoopid profession quest lines done! (why blizzard why?) ;)

How exciting!
27/09/2016 12:31Posted by Fleurez

It is odd that there are so many tanks and healers who are looking for a more relaxed setting isnt it

Ok i will stop rambling and let people set this up but let me know if you want forums doing and ill set them up.
You may add me aswell, TuhmaParoni #1119

I'm even up for transferring realm as I feel like there aren't any likeminded people on mine. I was in a guild that sort of had this mentality during the start of Cata and I can honestly say that was easily in the top 3 WoW experiences :) Oh and I'm a tank :p

edit: Maybe it would be worth collecting all the realms mentioned to see how people are divided. It's a lot of work though :/
QUICK UPDATE

We are currently brainstorming on the most elegant solution to make this work for both alliance and horde members without people having to log into different servers and/or too many 3rd party sites to just to keep in the loop.

Hopefully a combination of https://discordapp.com/ and battle.net can accomplish this.

Fleurez or myself will let you know more soon, in the meantime keep posting your interest and stay tuned for updates :)

Lok'tar ogar (prob lots of ogar)!

PS: If anyone ones to drop by our discord server and share ideas on the #suggestions channel or just say hello:

https://discord.gg/r9pzudB
27/09/2016 13:26Posted by Rhovanor
QUICK UPDATE

We are currently brainstorming on the most elegant solution to make this work for both alliance and horde members without people having to log into different servers and/or too many 3rd party sites to just to keep in the loop.

Hopefully a combination of https://discordapp.com/ and battle.net can accomplish this.

Fleurez or myself will let you know more soon, in the meantime keep posting your interest and stay tuned for updates :)

Lok'tar ogar (prob lots of ogar)!

PS: If anyone ones to drop by our discord server and share ideas on the #brainstorming channel or just say hello:

https://discord.gg/XrKZn

Very good idea :)
27/09/2016 18:51Posted by Brixa
Very good idea :)

we even have a barrens chat ;)
27/09/2016 13:26Posted by Rhovanor
https://discord.gg/XrKZn
It says it's not valid anymore, little update please :(
my apologies, will update post:

27/09/2016 22:15Posted by Rhovanor
my apologies, will update post:

Thank you Rhovanor :)
After chatting on there for a bit, i am setting up forums for us, they will be set up within a few days.

Still looking at the best option for calenders, but will sort it.
28/09/2016 14:10Posted by Ravinee
After chatting on there for a bit, i am setting up forums for us, they will be set up within a few days.

Still looking at the best option for calenders, but will sort it.

Thank you!

I dropped in to the discord #barrens chat this morning--it was quite pleasant!
I think you should fully embrace the effort and call any potential guild/group the <Filthy Forum Casuals> so people know you're the real deal!

This is such a great initiative, it's nice to see player-driven communities come together like this. :) I look forward to seeing how it works out!