The cost of raiding is far too high

General
The flask of whispered pact costs 2.9k atm and 3 per raid equals 8.7k per raid night. And that's not counting using 2 pots per pull which would destroy the pocket of a poor progression raider. Blizz seriously needs to fix inflation.
Don't forget the weekly cost for those seals if you want to have an actual chance at some upgrades. Even with the related class hall upgrade, it all adds up. In before the "LOL ITS OPTIONAL U NOOB" comments. The way things are now (and some guilds leave Personal Loot on by default to avoid drama), the chance of getting any drops are about the same as a paper dog chasing an asbestos cat through hell.
The prices is why I'm levelling the professions myself, I find they are too high. Though in higher end raiding they are rather imperative so need to get my hands on them somehow.

Hopefully they will make the ingredients necessary a bit more available, flasks have the last expansions been at around 400-800 gold, which is fine.
Reason of this WoD belive me
Since people were able to farm mats without prof they went full crafter now there is too few herbers
Fells like everyone who played WoD have millions now.
Meanwhile me stuck on 60k with regular weekly raiding.
The fact that I have tailoring and enchanting instead of mining and herbalism does not help either.
04/10/2016 16:11Posted by Chingmel
Since people were able to farm mats without prof they went full crafter now there is too few herbers

Thats not the reason.You can easily gather the herbs even with level 1 herbalism.
The real reason is the insane amount of herbs required, basically every pot has almost half the cost of a flask.Add to this that now all areas scale with your level unlike previus expansions and you need to :
1) Gather far more herbs than before
2)Fight more mobs than before
3)Without flying if there are other people farming as well you might take longer time to find nodes.

Basically you need almost the same amount of time you spent in raid to gather those herbs as well.I agree with op,this is too much.
Yep. I've had to change professions this expansion just to provide these things for myself. I'm not great at making gold, paying those kind of prices just to be able to raid two days a week is not really going to work out long term for me.
04/10/2016 18:20Posted by Sharmina
Yep. I've had to change professions this expansion just to provide these things for myself. I'm not great at making gold, paying those kind of prices just to be able to raid two days a week is not really going to work out long term for me.

I feel the pain,i am raiding 3 times per week for 3 hours,dont want to imagine my previus guild who were raiding for 4 :P
Flasks are extremely easy to make.
In 1 hour i made flasks for the entire guild by gathering herbs with an alt that has 1 herbalism skill.
The flasks are the cost of fast progression, it doesn't take long to farm the mats at all and means that gathering professions are now viable.
prices have come crashing down on tarren mill. flasks have gone from 5k to like 3k, starlight roses have gone from 300g to 200g.
04/10/2016 18:15Posted by Kurosu
04/10/2016 16:11Posted by Chingmel

Thats not the reason.You can easily gather the herbs even with level 1 herbalism.
The real reason is the insane amount of herbs required, basically every pot has almost half the cost of a flask.Add to this that now all areas scale with your level unlike previus expansions and you need to :
1) Gather far more herbs than before
2)Fight more mobs than before
3)Without flying if there are other people farming as well you might take longer time to find nodes.

Basically you need almost the same amount of time you spent in raid to gather those herbs as well.I agree with op,this is too much.

This is not true, all you need is a sky golem mount, the legion herbalism glove enchant, a stonehide leather barding and some environmental awareness.
I never have to fight while herbing as I never have to dismount, I gather everything in one second, I never get dazed which means no auto dismount.
Gathering has never been easier.
04/10/2016 20:27Posted by Retier
prices have come crashing down on tarren mill. flasks have gone from 5k to like 3k, starlight roses have gone from 300g to 200g.

More people are probably getting through the crazy quest gating.
flasks i can live with ...1k for a pot ..pre-potting and during fight ...2k pr. pull ....are you kidding me ?!?!
Have any of you guys ever played vanilla? I reamember farminng for pots whole week before raiding in weekend, fun !@#$. Would you guys stop whinning, a easy game is a booring game, booring games intend to have content for 1 week. Ffun games have content for a year. Legion is a fun game. Now people is complaining about gold? We all know that only thing is bad is RNG.
04/10/2016 16:30Posted by Vexazel
Fells like everyone who played WoD have millions now.
Meanwhile me stuck on 60k with regular weekly raiding.
The fact that I have tailoring and enchanting instead of mining and herbalism does not help either.

Got 19 mil + overall and I would NEVER pay 2k for a flask (6% dps increase) nor would I ever pay 800 gold for a potion (6-10% dps increase if you use 2 per pull), I don't have fun raiding, so I'd rather not raid till prices go down to normal ones, but never had this issue before on any expansion, prices always were low enough (even early exp) to get them and don't feel bad.

Someone said prices for flasks were 400-800 gold usually, what? They were down to 10-40 gold each in wod, depending on how early or late in the exp you were.

And potions were like 2 gold each, and I remember previous expansions, when mats weren't so "welfare" as wod, flasks were still 100 gold in mop I think, or maybe cata, which was really ok compared to 2k now.
04/10/2016 15:47Posted by Sorcery
The flask of whispered pact costs 2.9k atm and 3 per raid equals 8.7k per raid night. And that's not counting using 2 pots per pull which would destroy the pocket of a poor progression raider. Blizz seriously needs to fix inflation.

Being forced to use all of those is something you should discuss with your guild- or raidleader. If you lower the demand the cost will go down.
It costs what it costs. You want to have cheaper pots on the market? Make them yourselves and sell them cheaper.

With the goldsink that is buying sub for gold, the price will remain high for some time.
05/10/2016 04:35Posted by Rnngwthscsrs
flasks i can live with ...1k for a pot ..pre-potting and during fight ...2k pr. pull ....are you kidding me ?!?!

Then don't.

I sometimes have some wine while eating out, but I don't have the expensive, over the top wine with 2 shots and a glas of champagne. Other people are free to do that, sure.

But my Group of people, don't expect everyone of us to do it.
So why does your Guild? Seems your problem is not with the market, but with your Guild.