Why are the legion only invading the isles?

General
Was looking forward to some signs of the legion advancement in old world, but it as still and peaceful as ever. Some invasion...eh?
Legion might invade Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms but i dont think that Legion going invade Northrend and Pandaria much. (expect few Monk class quests)
Did you miss the prepatch?
The Legion did invade the Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, but are now solidifying their hold on the Broken Isles to establish a strong foot-hold on Azeroth. That's why they're focusing now on the Broken Isles, and why we're focusing on them as well.
They're invading everywhere, it's just that Blizz are too cheap to show it.
The impression I got was that they attempted a global attack during the prepatch, and after getting repeatedly pushed back, decided that concentrating their assault on one area and gaining the support of/corrupting the local populace, then expanding might have a better results.

Tho I will admit, it would be cool to see more effects on the Old World, as was the case when Cataclysm rolled out. I can understand leaving Northrend and Pandaria alone, as they're time-locked in their content, but Kalimdor and EK could still be subject to the occasional attack.
Gul'dan is going to summon his legion master to this world and the sunwell sucks now so he needed a real font of power aka the nightwell :)

thought might have been fun to see him try to summon into the sunwell only for his master to get owned by the spark of M'uru and the light of the sunwell :D
05/10/2016 14:23Posted by Sepheris
Gul'dan is going to summon his legion master to this world and the sunwell sucks now so he needed a real font of power aka the nightwell :)

The Nightwell is a cheap £1 store knockoff made with Chinese plastic compared to the Sunwell.
05/10/2016 14:25Posted by Synéa
05/10/2016 14:23Posted by Sepheris

The Nightwell is a cheap £1 store knockoff made with Chinese plastic compared to the Sunwell.

not sure it is anymore you see if you do the druid artifact questline illidan's well of eternity is completely drained there just a few puddles left what would the legion need all that water for ;)
Because of Sargeras' tomb is what I'd guess
05/10/2016 14:28Posted by Sepheris
05/10/2016 14:25Posted by Synéa

not sure it is anymore you see if you do the druid artifact questline illidan's well of eternity is completely drained there just a few puddles left what would the legion need all that water for ;)

To artificially bolster a crappy well and no doubt end up making it implode?
I started Legion yesterday and did not get a chance to play the pre-patch, which is why I have the same impression as OP that the invasion does not feel like one.

Have been enjoying Legion a lot otherwise.
As you can see from the responses in this thread, there are several reasons why the Legion is targeting the Isles. It is the most logical part to go next, especially given their rather rocky attempts in other continents. Not to mention Suramar's attraction.
Because it's cheaper for Blizzard.
05/10/2016 14:59Posted by Subbie

I wouldn't call creating a whole new continent with content instead of reusing old ones cheap :P
Not to forget the isles are magically and extremely well hidden... 11 years of OG<->UC zeppelins flying directly over them and no one's seen them!

Or the fleet that the orcs constructed to flee over the ocean (wc lore).
Or the fleet that was constructed to hunt them down (wc lore).
Or the angry destroyer of the world who completely missed that island (Cata).

THAT's impressive elven magic! ^^ Imagine having a foothold that can be invisible and completely noclip! :D
05/10/2016 14:37Posted by Danellos
As you can see from the responses in this thread, there are several reasons why the Legion is targeting the Isles. It is the most logical part to go next, especially given their rather rocky attempts in other continents. Not to mention Suramar's attraction.

Just to add on to this, the tomb of Sargeras is located in the Broken Isles and the main goal of the Burning Legion is to summon Sargeras using the remainsof his avatar found within the tomb. It's only logical. It's my own tinfoil hat theory.
05/10/2016 15:03Posted by Danellos
05/10/2016 14:59Posted by Subbie

I wouldn't call creating a whole new continent with content instead of reusing old ones cheap :P

No, I'd call that an expansion.

There's no reason for the Legion to not be hitting zones across Azeroth. In that sense, Legion for me is another WoD - We're supposed to be worried about this massive Orcish Horde/Legion invasion force, but you just find a few pockets of them around a new continent & they're not threatening in the slightest.
Actually if i remmeber correctly the Broken isles where mentioned during Warcraft?

Also a group of gilneans stranded there and decided to build a small settlement next to a haunted castle( idiots) :) they where not completely missed just... Well with the war goign on EVERYWHERE there was no need to go to the broken isles. they just ignored them i think
What i'd like to know is; where the !@#$ is the armies of the horde and alliance?

first day of pandaria; horde ships and alliance ships everywhere, canons firing at eachother, goblins and gnomes having dogfights,

day 1 of legion? Genn Greymane and his merry band of puppies made a camp in stormheim.