Frost Mage pvp nerf

Mage
(Frost) Intellect has been reduced by 10%

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/780933-upcoming-pvp-balance-changes/
Only in PvP or game-wide?
01/11/2016 05:27Posted by Hexwulf

Lmao
Guess that glacial spikes will only hit 1.5m instead of 2m now.

Feel sad for you guys.
01/11/2016 06:23Posted by Tharn

Feel sad for you guys.

Luckily Rogues have a billion things to stop a Glacial Spike.
01/11/2016 05:27Posted by Hexwulf

pvp only

Feel sad for you guys.

So...you are still playing on Legion beta i guess.
Glacial Spike does not hit for 1.5M, it hits for maximum 800k. It used to hit for 1.5M though about 3 months ago.

Feel sad for you guys.

Funny from rogue.

All nerfs are, because nobrain 3s. Every must play 3s. But what can we do? We must play 3s... thx Blizzard which destroy pvp since WoD.

And now, we read something about mages by rogue...

Assa Rogue with trilion abilities and procs from artefacts and talents for 500k, 4 times in a row.... every minit... with trilion posibilities how to survive - say something against mage's long cast ability.

Mage is s h i t. U can't play 1v1, 2s etc. with him, u must play fu-cking 3s.... I'm not be interested about 3s, because it's groupen bull**it.
Frost mages were good before the damage buffs, obviously after them they will be nerfed. You guys need to realise the other classes above Frost mage (unholy DK, Destro lock, WW Monk) have all been nerfed too.

All they've done is bring the top bracket closer to the rest of them.

Also rogues are garbage, not sure why everyone's giving that person crap.
01/11/2016 08:13Posted by Ixenn
Frost mages were good before the damage buffs, obviously after them they will be nerfed. You guys need to realise the other classes above Frost mage (unholy DK, Destro lock, WW Monk) have all been nerfed too.

We're not complaining about the Mage nerfs. It's fine. And Rogues aren't even close to being garbage.
i think its reasonable considering that our stats are also increasing with the ilvl and other classes are being adjusted as well. like blizzard stated, this is not definitive and things might still change...

my max crit with spike in an arena was 1.2M, but that is under very specific and hard conditions to pull it off... normal hit is like 700-800k crit.
I felt my mage was fine before the PvE-related buffs and almost like Chuck Norris in PvP after them, so I'm pretty sure I'll still be fine after the 10% nerf again...just not Chuck Norris level "fine".

Looking at the other notes, they also seem sensible and reflect my findings from casual, unrated battlegrounds, although I probably wouldn't have buffed demon hunters.
01/11/2016 10:03Posted by Tiga
Looking at the other notes, they also seem sensible and reflect my findings from casual, unrated battlegrounds, although I probably wouldn't have buffed demon hunters.

Demon Hunters are pretty squishy. The 10% stamina buff means that they're gonna have 2600-2700k HP in PvP. Which is 700k more than Mages.
These buffs and nerfs are so random. Keep nerfing stamina and int? Two most hardest hitting spells in the game, as far as I know ..are or ..were chaos bolt and glacial. And both have the stupid RNG to it. Destro mastery and Black ice. Why not address what actually makes glacial hit hit 500k to 1mil. Our overall damage or int is definitely not an issue.
01/11/2016 07:36Posted by Marmaga

Glacial Spike does not hit for 1.5M, it hits for maximum 800k. It used to hit for 1.5M though about 3 months ago.

https://clips.twitch.tv/spb_89/LuckyWoodcockBibleThump

And that's only one example.
Can we now recognize how !@#$ty fire damage is (especially since the 'big' pyro nerf which gets double dipped by the nerf) and remove the "Pyroblast does 75% of normal damage in PvP" %^-*.

pls!
01/11/2016 13:55Posted by Voìd
Can we now recognize how !@#$ty fire damage is (especially since the 'big' pyro nerf which gets double dipped by the nerf) and remove the "Pyroblast does 75% of normal damage in PvP" %^-*.

pls!

Yeah. Have fun trying to get that recognized. Ask anyone which is the best class to play in this game. Strongest and most safest from nerfs and so on. Guess what they say? ..Fire mage. Check US forums man.
01/11/2016 13:58Posted by Hotsprings
01/11/2016 13:55Posted by Voìd

pls!

Yeah. Have fun trying to get that recognized. Ask anyone which is the best class to play in this game. Strongest and most safest from nerfs and so on. Guess what they say? ..Fire mage. Check US forums man.

Not sure that's the case for pvp anymore tho (sorry if I didnt make that clear enough)
01/11/2016 13:38Posted by Tharn
https://clips.twitch.tv/spb_89/LuckyWoodcockBibleThump

And that's only one example.

Oh right you mean the video where the mage gets multiple Black Ice procs.

Yea if you get 2-3 black ice procs it can hit that much. But it also requires most of your frostbolts shattered plus Iceform and a shattered Glacial Spike, which pretty much happened in the video.

That scenario comes once in a lifetime. Not saying ofc that the damage in the video isnt absurd, but its pretty much 0,001% chance to happen again. Glacial spike usually hits for 800k.

Blizzard's answer on the other hand is to reduce intellect by 10%.... LOL. They dont even understand the spells THEY design. Icicles stores damage based on our mastery. Those icicles has a chance to be empowered by black ice increasing their damage by 100%. If for example a shattered frostbolt (350k) becomes black ice , with a 35% mastery, that icicle will be stored with 240k damage. If 2 of those frostbolts becomes black ice you'll have 2 icicles with 240k damage.... so you get the picture.
01/11/2016 08:13Posted by Ixenn

Try sub rogue against frost mage and tell me if you'll feel rogue is garbage....

All nerfs are, because nobrain 3s. Every must play 3s. But what can we do? We must play 3s... thx Blizzard which destroy pvp since WoD.

[/quote]

what? its the most skill based pvp in wow when its balanced correctly