Classic Server Update

General
Prev 1 2 3 74 Next
People do not want a Legacy server, they want a time machine to relive their youth and experience they joy they had when they started playing. Just going back to the original game is losing a lot of what you have become accustom to now.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
25/10/2016 12:44Posted by Poly
25/10/2016 12:14Posted by Halanor
Why can't you just accept that some peolpe are unhappy with what the game has become today, and just want the older versions back because they prefer them?

In the same way some people should also accept that there are people that are happy with the game as it is now.

They're not necessarily fanboys as they are often called. A fanboy is someone that only praises and refuses to see/acknowledge the flaws and will try to justify them. Oppose and criticize everything that doesn't agree with them.

Those kind of players are on the pro-Classic side as well. Only seeing the good things and not (wanting to see) the bad things.

I totally agree with you mate, I never judged people enjoying the current game and it is exactly why I made this post. I too enjoy Legion a little, and since I can keep my sub active just by buying the token I still play couple times a week and will try the new kara etc, but I just wish people would stop fueling that hate, and dividing the community so much :)
25/10/2016 12:46Posted by Brocksmash
People do not want a Legacy server, they want a time machine to relive their youth and experience they joy they had when they started playing. Just going back to the original game is losing a lot of what you have become accustom to now.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

There is no question that people look back at Legacy with fond memories, it was a different world back then, Players went into the game with the understanding it was going to take a dedication of time to get anywhere.

However Blizzard don't believe enough people would stick to them when they realise that sometimes memories aren't as good. I wouldn't go back and play them myself because I know I don't have the time to commit to the game.

We see threads popping up about the viability of Alts, the topic of flying etc etc. Vanilla was as far away as you could get with the subject of Alts, and the fact that where would be no flying whatsoever, and not to mention no mounts at all until level 40, if you were lucky with gold, shows that alot of players not used to the Vanilla gameplay would soon get bored, whereas the players who were there, myself included, may not return because of IRL issues.

I can see where Blizzard are sceptical about the viability of these servers, they are afterall a profit making company.
Nostal made lots of money... anyway who cares private server will reopen soon enough
Sounds like a cheap and easy way to get out of the public discussion for another year. But then again that was always expected w/ Blizzcon so close to the Legion launch. I sincerely hope the 'after the show' actually means something and is not just another placeholder just to give people who want legacy servers false hope.
I am very disappointed by this announcement. Not going to watch blizzcon this year.
25/10/2016 10:52Posted by Popelicious
>Update
>There is no update

If there ever was a time to just not say anything, this was it. Thank you Blizzard, for the most pointless post you've ever had. Brack, you're not even trying.

Would you rather have them be silent? Atleast they are speaking their mind instead of keeping you in the dark. Ofcourse they could be more clear, but they have proberly not made up their mind about this. Making Legacy servers for WoW is a huge change and could the Warcraft IP forever.
Canceling subscription. Hope i see ya guys on NostReborn!
best news i Have herd in weeks now bizz con can do new wow stuff and the old crap i dis years ago (coming from Na xx for 40 raiders )
25/10/2016 13:26Posted by Mcdaggers
Canceling subscription. Hope i see ya guys on NostReborn!

You will be missed...

Oh hang on.
Just shows that blizzard wount be bullied and rushed by Nost to make any type of proper yay or na statement .
25/10/2016 13:27Posted by Jämescon
best news i Have herd in weeks now bizz con can do new wow stuff and the old crap i dis years ago (coming from Na xx for 40 raiders )

Like hell you raided Naxx 40 lmao
25/10/2016 14:17Posted by Redglare
25/10/2016 13:27Posted by Jämescon

Like hell you raided Naxx 40 lmao

He actually did and he has proved it alot of time .I dont like James as he posts in such a vile manner but he doesnt lie i give him that .
24/10/2016 15:46Posted by Aerythlea
Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team

Many people maybe bought blizzcon ticket to hear news for legacy servers in live in blizzcon but now they get disappointed..
Guess how many are refunding. Thats just what comes to my mind at first.
Well at least they saved me buying a streaming ticket, that was my main draw for wanting to watch it this year.

Cheers Blizz!
25/10/2016 14:25Posted by Rautaturkki
Many people maybe bought blizzcon ticket to hear news for legacy servers in live in blizzcon but now they get disappointed..

Serves them right for jumping the gun on something that hadn't been confirmed. Buyer beware.
25/10/2016 12:55Posted by Halanor
but I just wish people would stop fueling that hate, and dividing the community so much :)

There is hate on both sides tbh which is a shame
They've recognised the discussion and have saved people from dissapointment by upfront saying there will not be any information on classic realms at Blizzcon but that there will be afterwards.

I guess some people just don't -want- to be pleased. It seems to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You don't tell people beforehand, they get peeved that the topic wasn't at Blizzcon. You tell people beforehand, people get peeved that the topic won't be at Blizzcon.

I for one would prefer if, for the time being, they kept their focus on the several million players invested in Legion, rather than the few hundred thousand currently not playing and awaiting classic servers. I have no objection to their implementation, but so, so many nosters have insanely unrealistic expectations and have no understanding of how developing such a server would go about. They don't just stick a vanilla CD into a computer and flick a switch, y'know?
I bet people are still going to ask about Legacy servers at blizzcon
25/10/2016 14:25Posted by Rautaturkki
24/10/2016 15:46Posted by Aerythlea
Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team

Guess how many are refunding. Thats just what comes to my mind at first.

And that would be their own fault, its like bying a ticket to a music festival without knowing the lineup and then get angry because you dont like the bands