- UI improvements (auction house, mail), auto-dismount
- guild bank
- flight path for alliance in Northern STV
- warlock soul shards stacking
- summoning stones

Optional (players can turn them off):
- achievements
- pet battles

and you will have a game for old players and new players to play for years.

Actually after sleeping on it I agree with the others that it should not be in the legacy servers. I personally want it to be as close to the original as possible.
I hope 1 day blizzard offer legacy servers... but leave it as original as possible .. the only thing i would miss from a vanilla servers is Blood Elves, dual spec and transmog! Everything else is ok :)
16/09/2017 09:37Posted by Cuishle
I hope 1 day blizzard offer legacy servers... but leave it as original as possible .. the only thing i would miss from a vanilla servers is Blood Elves, dual spec and transmog! Everything else is ok :)

In Azshara there were a group of blood elves - you can go see them ;-)
16/09/2017 10:29Posted by Stormborne

In Azshara there were a group of blood elves - you can go see them ;-)

Good mobs to farm, although blood elves in Vanilla just had recoloured N Elf models.
I would play classic like banilla with my restokin druid like 13 years ago.. many nowadays druids dont even know how restokin talent build was op
It's quite simple at the end of the day though: if they don't announce anything during the blizzcon when it comes to legacy servers, after all these promises of "telling us more about them in the near future", then the future of classic wow (not just vanilla wow, it's about the other expansions as well) is not on blizzard's servers...
There was something in vanilla, the game was hard but in a different way. It could not be rushed like we rush WQ today.

For example the elite Redridge quests, a party of five could not just run in, pull all the elites and the quest mobs and kill them all. Still, a well geared mage for example, could kill one elite if he managed to pull just one. This entire process of: careful pulling, dealing with ranged mobs and patrols, having limited mana, was engaging and rewarding at the end.

Today tanks are all powerful outside of instances, it feels good - but it's a different game.

Also, the game back then did not need to hold players by the hand, the reward of being out in the world were not explicit (WQ rewards), it was implicit - farming mats, recipes, etc, and players were progressing and getting more powerful somehow without daily quests or WQ, and the game felt more free this way, because players felt they chose the time and place of farming, instead of running from WQ to WQ to farm AP, or feeling obliged to do the daily quest.

Professions have been simplified and the concept of "farming mats" out in the world is kind of gone. No more stuff like elemental earth, essence of earth, larval acid, etc. I think that with some careful design they could bring the challenge and fun of the game back.
17/09/2017 11:50Posted by Laforge
I think that with some careful design they could bring the challenge and fun of the game back.

Unlikely. Vanilla was a different time for different people. People dont want to invest weeks (months if you're slow) on levelling and enjoying the open world, they want to jump straight into mythic dungeons and raids.
17/09/2017 12:15Posted by Miylee
17/09/2017 11:50Posted by Laforge
I think that with some careful design they could bring the challenge and fun of the game back.

Unlikely. Vanilla was a different time for different people. People dont want to invest weeks (months if you're slow) on levelling and enjoying the open world, they want to jump straight into mythic dungeons and raids.

Well no, nobody wants to invest that much time today because why bother? Modern levelling =! Vanilla levelling.

Everything that made Vanilla levelling take time has been removed: Relevant crafted items while levelling. Gone. The benefits of cooking and first aid while levelling. Gone. Running out of xp/quests in a zone and moving on to explore the next one. Gone. Dungeons were hard, and the rewards were awesome because there were few sources of gear. Gone. "Community aspect". Gone now that nobody needs to talk to each other.

Even taking a break from levelling is gone. I don't go and derp around in Goldshire or Stormwind Gates anymore, or any of the other hubs, because I want a break from questing. There's no need because you level so fast now. I don't tell myself "whoa I'm like level 45 now and I can't even mine mithril yet, I need to go back and farm or I'll be screwed", why would I care anymore about my professions? All of these little things have been slowly taken away and replaced with heirlooms and dungeon finder

Now we are just funnelled into the M+/raid grind at endgame.
17/09/2017 12:29Posted by Chungko
Well no, nobody wants to invest that much time today because why bother? Modern levelling =! Vanilla levelling.

Everything that made Vanilla levelling take time has been removed: Relevant crafted items while levelling. Gone. The benefits of cooking and first aid while levelling. Gone. Running out of xp/quests in a zone and moving on to explore the next one. Gone. Dungeons were hard, and the rewards were awesome because there were few sources of gear. Gone. "Community aspect". Gone now that nobody needs to talk to each other.

Even taking a break from levelling is gone. I don't go and derp around in Goldshire or Stormwind Gates anymore, or any of the other hubs, because I want a break from questing. There's no need because you level so fast now. I don't tell myself "whoa I'm like level 45 now and I can't even mine mithril yet, I need to go back and farm or I'll be screwed", why would I care anymore about my professions? All of these little things have been slowly taken away and replaced with heirlooms and dungeon finder

Now we are just funnelled into the M+/raid grind at endgame.

I agree of the most things you mention... The focus has been more directed to end game content in the latest expansion to continue the journey forward. Witch is great for those who want to do just that, continue the journey. And for those who weren't with us in vanilla they have implemented a catch up mechanic so those who are just discovering WoW can play with there friends and family as soon as possible.

The gap between the old world and the new content is relative too large. For those of us who want to go back and roam the old world there isn't much for us to do. We could create alts and level up again. But what's the point when the old content is too easy it doesn't feel rewarding.

There is of course some systems that has already been implemented to WoW that could minimize this gap.

For a lvl 110 that want to take a break from the new expansion it would be great if you could lower your level to your choice so you could go back and experience Desolace for example that you didn't complete in Vanilla leveling...

- Summary, Be able to lower your level of your choice. Great for old level questing and to play with friends that are just getting started.

Caverns of Time is a golden egg for Blizzard. Here you can create a lots of opportunity for end game characters to go back in time in order to relive some of the experience lost. (You have already gone and started this process. Thinking of Timewalking)

There's a lot of potential to minimize the scream of Vanilla lovers with just a bit time spent and money to create a dedicated "old content" Team with the prime purpose to restore old content for those of us who really would love to go back and experience it again.

So how to know exactly how many players would love to go back to the old content?... Well check the forums often...

and primary, ask the community in any way you see fit.

Best Regards

/ A
Is this thread still a thing?It become popular when a Privater server got shut down and people over there where but hurt and keep flooding some Youtuber about Vanila,legacy servers and taking a hype.

In short id rather have timewalking and scaled older zone's then them wasting time on legacy servers and spliting the community.And all i see is people bellow 10k acivments coming and posting here about that,no way people who farmed there tmog or somthing that took comitment will reroll on new servers,when you can have scaled and timewalking.

And just chek those Private servers..after they open they lose 70% of players base and even combined they cant pitch more then 10k people on peek hours.That just say's something.
17/09/2017 15:15Posted by Blurey
Is this thread still a thing?It become popular when a Privater server got shut down and people over there where but hurt and keep flooding some Youtuber about Vanila,legacy servers and taking a hype.

In short id rather have timewalking and scaled older zone's then them wasting time on legacy servers and spliting the community.And all i see is people bellow 10k acivments coming and posting here about that,no way people who farmed there tmog or somthing that took comitment will reroll on new servers,when you can have scaled and timewalking.

And just chek those Private servers..after they open they lose 70% of players base and even combined they cant pitch more then 10k people on peek hours.That just say's something.

Uuuuh achievements have nothing to do with it: if you try out the game a little and you don't like it, you won't go far. Besides, looking at the 10 last pages, there are tons of people who have a high amount of achievements and who are pro-legacy.

It's not even about going "uuurh duuurh current wow sucks, classic wow was da beeest" or something...this wouldn't make sense, some love the current wow (tons of people in fact), some don't.

The idea of creating legacy servers shouldn't be supported because of the state of the current game, but because many people liked the game as it was in the past (vanilla, tbc, wotlk...). There's literally no need to make a comparison.
17/09/2017 18:45Posted by Doomania
The idea of creating legacy servers shouldn't be supported because of the state of the current game, but because many people liked the game as it was in the past (vanilla, tbc, wotlk...). There's literally no need to make a comparison.

The idea for legacy came by cause bounch of entitled people from private servers who stoped playing/supporting this game since tbc, flooded the forums and every youtuber(and them jumping the band wagon for easy views=read money) cause there beloved server got shut down.And giving it some kind of attention and momentum at that time.When in truth when you look at it now there is barely 10k players on those servers on peek hours,for something that is free to play and out of blizz reach.And not to forget 50% of the population is botters and farmers.Also those servers lose 70% of there player base in the first 3 months.

In reallity it's the dumbest logic you can apply to an mmo.Its like me asking for Diablo 3 servers,not the one with Reaper of Souls.Or patch 2.14. in SC2 when they nerffed the void rays into ground, and me claiming the game went down hill from there.

Better ideas and long term solution is thing's like timewalking and scaled zone's.Its not spliting the community and you play on your account's that you grew attached to.And that content will stay relevent for the future too.
I am one who does not care for legacy servers one bit, and it would not affect me if we had them or not. What i want to say after briefly overviewing this thread is that people plead and beg for legacy servers, because game was "just that better back then" and yet ask for things to be added in from the "current wow"

Seems kind ironic, doesn't it?
Seeing as they wouldn't mind features like tmogs that have no effect on the gameplay experience, I don't know what is strange about asking for vanilla servers based on that.

It is up to blizzard, If people want vanilla servers they can either ignore it or give it. This is like an even worse version of the dota 2 situation to be decided in a short time.
Tbh, if Blizzard one day decides to actually release Classic Legacy servers, -not- keeping it 100% true to the original would be a major mistake on their part. Who wants Legacy servers? Well, the people who want to play the game 100% true to how it was back then. If Blizzard decides to add alot of new things to the mix, it will certaintly not go well with those who want Legacy servers.
17/09/2017 20:02Posted by Blurey
The idea for legacy came by cause bounch of entitled people from private servers who stoped playing/supporting this game since tbc

Private Vanilla realms are a thing since TBC indeed, yet Nostalrius was created in 2015 (shut down in 2016, RIP).

When in truth when you look at it now there is barely 10k players on those servers on peek hours,for something that is free to play and out of blizz reach.

Honestly, no matter how much you love a thing, you are not gonna spend literal months or even years of your life onto something that will likely be gone.

When in truth when you look at it now there is barely 10k players on those servers on peek hours,for something that is free to play and out of blizz reach.And not to forget 50% of the population is botters and farmers.Also those servers lose 70% of there player base in the first 3 months.

One example of you pulling numbers out of thin air.

In reallity it's the dumbest logic you can apply to an mmo.

Dumbest logic that a few hundred thoasand people think just btw.

Better ideas and long term solution is thing's like timewalking and scaled zone's.Its not spliting the community and you play on your account's that you grew attached to.And that content will stay relevent for the future too.

Classes are not the same then
Professions are not the same then
PvP is not the same then (due to Classes and acquring Gear etc.)
Any Event like the AQ farm are just flat out ignored
Raid Mechanics can not be dealt with in the right way due to Classes being changed
Any older System (Honor from Vanilla, Conquest points, Any PvE currency and so on) are gone

And so on, i think you get the Point.

If people were just so inclined about going to old instances, why are there not quite many Guilds that do such Content at 60 (or higher)?

The answer is, as listed above, too much changed.

Legacy Realms (again, not just Vanilla) is the only Answer to such a need, if Blizzard will ever fulfill it and/or if its already too late then, nobody can know.
When in truth when you look at it now there is barely 10k players on those servers on peek hours,for something that is free to play and out of blizz reach.And not to forget 50% of the population is botters and farmers.Also those servers lose 70% of there player base in the first 3 months.

I can only speak for myself, but I stopped playing on Elysium (level 50) because of the constant fear that Blizzard would shut down the server. The corruption rumors didn't help either.

P.S: I know several people on NA and EU that would love classic servers, but don't wanna play on private servers.