Classic Server Update

General
Prev 1 42 43 44 74 Next
One example of you pulling numbers out of thin air.

No one pulled nothing out of thin air.Elysium when it was launced had 30k players at peek hours,nowdays its 10k.Kronus is 10 guys talking about the good old days at crossroads.And people on the forums and yt section are crying all the time that botters are everywhere, and chines farmers could have a separate forum over there(inside joke from the community over there).

Dumbest logic that a few hundred thoasand people think just btw.

This is you pulling numbers out of thin air,and pls dont go with the online petition,cause as soon as the names of the printed Mark Kern version started appearing you could see for miles someone boted the crap out of fake accounts.But i would give you the benefit of doubt that maybe 100-150k people,wich is small number.And as i recall vanila was about hardcore and you seem to mostly fit the 3 month number and leave the game.So no one can count for your sub number throughout the life of an expansion.

As i said 10 pages before in this thread.Better never to open these doors considering how entitled and a special snowflakes wanted this in the first place.People who stopped supporting this games 10 years ago.And every single one of them has his idea how it should be done.
18/09/2017 07:32Posted by Blurey
No one pulled nothing out of thin air.Elysium when it was launced had 30k players at peek hours,nowdays its 10k.Kronus is 10 guys talking about the good old days at crossroads.And people on the forums and yt section are crying all the time that botters are everywhere, and chines farmers could have a separate forum over there(inside joke from the community over there).

You said several numbers and still are there no source to be found, literally pulled out of thin air.

Stop lying please.

This is you pulling numbers out of thin air,and pls dont go with the online petition,cause as soon as the names of the printed Mark Kern version started appearing you could see for miles someone boted the crap out of fake accounts.

Botters of course, you cant make a petition online without the fear of that.
The site claims that no botter was ever involved (atleast for a longer time) for any petition, proving either is nearly impossible though.

And as i recall vanila was about hardcore and you seem to mostly fit the 3 month number and leave the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

As i said 10 pages before in this thread.Better never to open these doors considering how entitled and a special snowflakes wanted this in the first place.People who stopped supporting this games 10 years ago.And every single one of them has his idea how it should be done.

You could say the same about anything in this Game ever.

"I think the Pet Battle System is crap and should be removed!"
"I think PvP sucks and should be removed!"
"I only PvP and Pet Battle, anything else should be removed!"

Different opinions are there about anything, ever, picking the right ones to make the maximum profit is something Blizzard must do.
You said several numbers and still are there no source to be found, literally pulled out of thin air.

Stop lying please.

Eather you lie,play the dumb card,or you really dont know the facts and information about the whole thing.But the simple thing is you go to the elysium page under realm pop and you see currently active players,simple as that.It was around 30k in jaunary and since march,april it is 10k.No one needs to make anything up.

Fact still remain you cant prove any number and information you "claim",and i did my part.

18/09/2017 08:18Posted by Dramatotem
You could say the same about anything in this Game ever.

"I think the Pet Battle System is crap and should be removed!"
"I think PvP sucks and should be removed!"
"I only PvP and Pet Battle, anything else should be removed!"

Different opinions are there about anything, ever, picking the right ones to make the maximum profit is something Blizzard must do.

I think i despise the legacy movement more than anything from the whole list you mention.With the pet battles i can live with,i just ignore that whole part of the game.
Legacy is a dumb idea,that has roots with private server guys beeing buthurt that there server got closed and demanding and wanting something from blizzard,when in truth they stoped playing this game 10 years ago(ignore the mid guy that get's cought up in that whole hype and thinks it is a good idea).There are better stuff to do with the current game and better systems and ideas then wasting resources on a dumb idea like legacy.And not to forget they keep telling everyone how they know better and they are entiteld for what they ask.

Game has problems as it is,we need merged realms,better store prices,Euro conversion for currencys and what else not.
Try not to make things escalate guys :s. I'd rather not see this thread locked, since it's the only one where we can keep talking about legacy servers.
This legacy servers drama party will probably happen when wow will end.

Also let's be real legacy servers are a request mostly for those that played in that period of the time.

Hope this topic gets locket despite what someone mentioned above.

This topic has no point and it feels like a topic about flying or non flying.

This topic should only be for blues post if you want statistics about how people feel about legacy servers make a pool.
18/09/2017 09:03Posted by Blurey

I think i despise the legacy movement more than anything from the whole list you mention.With the pet battles i can live with,i just ignore that whole part of the game.
Legacy is a dumb idea,that has roots with private server guys beeing buthurt that there server got closed and demanding and wanting something from blizzard
You mean people want to play a game that is unavailable to them? Gee golly, big hecking shocker. It's like there is a demand for a product that doesn't get provided.
Eather you lie,play the dumb card,or you really dont know the facts and information about the whole thing.But the simple thing is you go to the elysium page under realm pop and you see currently active players,simple as that.It was around 30k in jaunary and since march,april it is 10k.No one needs to make anything up.

17/09/2017 20:02Posted by Blurey
When in truth when you look at it now there is barely 10k players on those servers on peek hours

First it was "there" (in context i would say Nostalrius, which is nonexistant, Elysium was promoted by them so can be seen as Nostalrius 2.0), now it is Elysium, not quite clear what you are saying but i guess that was just a miscommunication.

Fact still remain you cant prove any number and information you "claim",and i did my part.

I would guess you said that in reference to:
Dumbest logic that a few hundred thoasand people think just btw.

To that i must say, i said it already in this thread but im sorry for not sourcing it directly.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community

Legacy is a dumb idea,that has roots with private server guys beeing buthurt that there server got closed and demanding and wanting something from blizzard,when in truth they stoped playing this game 10 years ago(ignore the mid guy that get's cought up in that whole hype and thinks it is a good idea).

You claim that all of these People that are for it/play on any Private Server must have stopped in BC.

I would really like to see a Source for any of this.

better systems and ideas then wasting resources on a dumb idea like legacy

Many people, me included, disagree with this.

And not to forget they keep telling everyone how they know better and they are entiteld for what they ask.

Saying your idea is the most logical one is just basic argumentation, you can see this by your own post, you claim that these Servers/the Idea is so garbage etc. and dont see the opposite site.

Game has problems as it is,we need merged realms,better store prices,Euro conversion for currencys and what else not.

I would say, there are many people seeing too many problems to fix and would just like a easy "fix" to all of this, which would be such Realms.
You have your horsesh** private vanilla server(elysium) with the most toxic community I've ever seen. And it's bad not only because it's a private server, but because vanilla is bad and the community is bad.
The game you whine about can't be restored in 2017.
18/09/2017 09:46Posted by Homu
And it's bad not because it's a private server, but because vanilla is bad and the community is bad.

Homu said this, therefore it must be true.

But okay, lets say you forgot to add imo at the end, or something like that.
What i and many others are discussing for in this thread (and others) and/or this whole movement, is to just get official servers to not loose our whole progress once again, beside the ones that wouldnt even touch a illegall server, reasonably.
18/09/2017 09:18Posted by Azuhla
You mean people want to play a game that is unavailable to them? Gee golly, big hecking shocker. It's like there is a demand for a product that doesn't get provided.

To that logic il just repost my self;"In reallity it's the dumbest logic you can apply to an mmo(the concept of consantly updating the game,not like single player games).Its like me asking for Diablo 3 servers,not the ones runing Reaper of Souls.Or patch 2.14. in SC2 when they nerffed the void rays into ground, and me claiming the game went down hill from there.Then i opend my own servers,they got shut down and then me biching,gaining a small following, how blizz is bad and how then they should provide that experience then to me."

And i am done with that Dramatotem guy,his name say's it all.He is spining and misqouting stuff,while ask for evidence while not providing no proff for his claims.Your tipical special snowflake poster prolegacy.
18/09/2017 10:13Posted by Blurey

And i am done with that Dramatotem guy,his name say's it all.He is spining and misqouting stuff,while ask for evidence while not providing no proff for his claims.Your tipical special snowflake poster prolegacy.

Please give any quote from me where i miquoted you or spinned something around.

And, for example for not giving any backup of my claims:
To that i must say, i said it already in this thread but im sorry for not sourcing it directly.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
18/09/2017 09:17Posted by Donalex
Also let's be real legacy servers are a request mostly for those that played in that period of the time.

Uuuuuh that's quite the opposite actually, the majority of the people who played in nostalrius and elysium relaunch (you know, the relaunch with 40 000 people online on 4 different servers?...yeah what a big fail for a private server...) wanted to experience vanilla.

Just look at the current private server scene: Nostalrius II (Elysium) just merged with the most anticipated project in development, "crestfall gaming", in order to release "Progress through Expansions" servers, because CF actually has much more qualified devs working for them. These guys just became even bigger than they were in the past.

This movement is not gonna die anytime soon: It'd be a shame if we really can't get legacy servers on retail (the best option for everyone, let's be honest), but in that case, at least we have options...it's not like I'm saying "yeeeaaaah unofficial servers", but at least these exist, and are out of blizzard's reach (elysium and crestfall from now on I mean, since they're hosted by russian owners).
18/09/2017 10:07Posted by Dramatotem
18/09/2017 09:46Posted by Homu
And it's bad not because it's a private server, but because vanilla is bad and the community is bad.

But okay, lets say you forgot to add imo at the end, or something like that.
What i and many others are discussing for in this thread (and others) and/or this whole movement, is to just get official servers to not loose our whole progress once again, beside the ones that wouldnt even touch a illegall server, reasonably.

Your "whole movement" is bunch of underages who migrate from one private server to another private server whole time and who will never play on official servers if it requires payment. Or people like you who don't play the game you want(it actually EXISTS) and just keep moaning on forums. I think Blizzard doesn't touch elysium for a reason and never will. And thank god, they don't listen for your vanilla community.
Your "whole movement" is bunch of underages who migrate from one private server to another private server whole time and who will never play on official servers if it requires payment. Or people like you who don't play the game want(it actually EXISTS, go and play it) and just keep moaning on forums.

You must realize slowly what i am saying there, right?
Your "whole movement" is bunch of underages who migrate from one private server to another private server whole time and who will never play on official servers if it requires payment. Or people like you who don't play the game want(it actually EXISTS, go and play it) and just keep moaning on forums. I think Blizzard doesn't touch elysium for a reason and never will. And thank god, they don't listen for your vanilla community.

There are tons of good stuff about legion...although there are also tons of problems. Many people are having fun playing legion, so it's definitely a good game.

However, why are you so against legacy servers yourself? I'm not sure I understand? What does that change for you since you're just playing the current wow?

Oh, and also, about elysium (and crestfall since the merge): the reason Blizzard won't touch them is because they CAN'T, since the owners are out of their legal reach.
18/09/2017 10:28Posted by Aldarön
Uuuuuh that's quite the opposite actually, the majority of the people who played in nostalrius and elysium relaunch (you know, the relaunch with 40 000 people online on 4 different servers?...yeah what a big fail for a private server...) wanted to experience vanilla.

Just look at the current private server scene: Nostalrius II (Elysium) just merged with the most anticipated project in development, "crestfall gaming", in order to release "Progress through Expansions" servers, because CF actually has much more qualified devs working for them. These guys just became even bigger than they were in the past.

This movement is not gonna die anytime soon: It'd be a shame if we really can't get legacy servers on retail (the best option for everyone, let's be honest), but in that case, at least we have options...it's not like I'm saying "yeeeaaaah unofficial servers", but at least these exist, and are out of blizzard's reach (elysium and crestfall from now on I mean, since they're hosted by russian owners).

Doomania i dont know why are you switching characters..your Uuuuh is hard to miss by,but anyway.If everything is solid,good and safe as you are talking about why ask for blizz or agitate the retail community with legacy stuff.It's a small community of maybe 50k people world wide.Who act entiteld and demand stuff for something they stoped supporting 10 years ago.And as Homu is pointing out,it really is a ceaspool of people that are over at those realms.Private servers where a thing even in Vanila,and the background was always that people wanted to play for free..and most of those people over there will always find and excuse to play private.

Again i repeat my self,never open those doors.
18/09/2017 10:36Posted by Blurey
It's a small community of maybe 50k people world wide.

Are you trying to trigger me?
18/09/2017 10:36Posted by Blurey
Private servers where a thing even in Vanila,and the background was always that people wanted to play for free..and most of those people over there will always find and excuse to play private.

Well, that's the thing: things changed. In the past, like 3 years ago, people only wanted to play on private servers because it was free, I'm not gonna go against you with that, because it's true.

However, nostalrius changed EVERYTHING: look at the relaunch. 40 000 !@#$ing players online at the beginning: the private server scene never had these numbers, not even close: the truth is the biggest servers before that had 1000-2000 people online. What do you think happened when people like kungen, krip, mark kern, boogie, jontron, nixxiom, asmongold, swifty and so on got involved? That's right, TONS of people from retail tried to play vanilla.

I'll tell you this again, like I did on my other toon (never hid the fact that they're from the same account btw, I just switched them that's all): If I had to pay for vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata or Mop, I'd do it without a second guess.

You have the right to defend the future of WoW...in fact, it's not even a question, wow has to keep being developed, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be allowed to play the game we loved.
18/09/2017 10:33Posted by Dramatotem

You must realize slowly what i am saying there, right?

I know it's true because I was actually a part of nostalrius hype train till I met cancer itself in face of in-game community. And I see you aren't really smarter than most of them and don't worth of any attention.