Long loading times since legion

Technical Support
Prev 1 52 53 54 60 Next
Huge thanks for the : SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0" solution , that ended my straggle finaly no more loadscreen probleme , it became faster than ever

thanks!
So is it still so bad that the loading takes forever or wont load any future? or is it a bit fixed that you can atleast log in or laod to the next zone without 10 mins or infinite loading?
Hi all,

my load screen freezes at about 70% loading when I take any portal to Suramar.

Deleting the configuration file World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Config.wtf solves the problem, so I checked which variable causes the freeze. I have found that - SET hwDetect "0" - makes the difference, probably what the game needs is to detect the hw again.

So I restored my old Config.wtf file and just delete the line - SET hwDetect "0" - and ... voila! no freezes at all!.

Regards.
Today i got thrown out of dun queue simply because of a 30+ sec loading screen. Now THAT pisses me off!
i have missed some arena games becouse of this.
:(
This worked for me, tried it today, though I had a clean installation first n did exactly as told

This is from USA Blue
Howdy!

Our developers have pushed a hot fix that is aimed to significantly alleviate long load times. Anyone still seeing long load times, we would like you to use the following cvar command:

Step 1) Go to the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0" Save the document.

It's important that you restart the computer before retesting.

Note: Please be aware this command may cause a delay in loading of non critical environment textures and models.

Step 2) While we're hoping to avoid this step, at all costs. Our developers feel pretty strongly that with the hotfix and this command this issue should be greatly improved. At this point if the troubleshooting so far including step 1 has no impact on your load times. We would ask you to do a fresh reinstall of the client by following the steps [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstalling-games-with-the-battlenet-app"]Here[/url].

Thank you!
Currently still waiting in 2017

But yeah I've waited for up to 10 minutes for my first load, no matter where but before legion it took barely any time at all on my old, slightly broken, laptop...
04/02/2017 23:49Posted by Donteatmeplz
This worked for me, tried it today, though I had a clean installation first n did exactly as told

This is from USA Blue
[quote]Howdy!

Our developers have pushed a hot fix that is aimed to significantly alleviate long load times. Anyone still seeing long load times, we would like you to use the following cvar command:

Step 1) Go to the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0" Save the document.

It's important that you restart the computer before retesting.

Note: Please be aware this command may cause a delay in loading of non critical environment textures and models.

Step 2) While we're hoping to avoid this step, at all costs. Our developers feel pretty strongly that with the hotfix and this command this issue should be greatly improved. At this point if the troubleshooting so far including step 1 has no impact on your load times. We would ask you to do a fresh reinstall of the client by following the steps [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstalling-games-with-the-battlenet-app"]Here[/url].

Thank you!

Thanks for posting this! <3
If you update to Sierra for mac users i went from 3 min loading to 5 sec now... :)
Game is worse than before ... porting from new dala to shrine will stuck , from shrine to old dala will get stuck ........ port from paladin class hall will get stuck ..... wasnt like this week ago , loading will stuck but wasnt happening all time from last week till today !!!!!!!

i've posted about this from 1/11/2016 and still nothing

config fix make game bad as stuck ...... if am not stuck on loading , nothing loading in game world ... cant see nps or game's elements
Wow Blizzard for almsot 4 momths the game is broken en still no fix? no wonder most of us stop paying for wow and go to a another mmo.....
12/02/2017 13:05Posted by Undyin
Game is worse than before ... porting from new dala to shrine will stuck , from shrine to old dala will get stuck ........ port from paladin class hall will get stuck ..... wasnt like this week ago , loading will stuck but wasnt happening all time from last week till today !!!!!!!

i've posted about this from 1/11/2016 and still nothing

config fix make game bad as stuck ...... if am not stuck on loading , nothing loading in game world ... cant see nps or game's elements

Yeah thats the noncritical. Dont see spells/mounts etc for a few min. It lets them load while you play instead of before entering a zone/region.
11/02/2017 11:55Posted by Raiden
If you update to Sierra for mac users i went from 3 min loading to 5 sec now... :)

i love you bruh
This is just getting worse and worse over time.
15/02/2017 16:42Posted by Nieek
11/02/2017 11:55Posted by Raiden

i love you bruh

Well, I can confirm that; for Mac Users upgrading to Sierra is the answer.

I was in 10.11 waiting to the new system to stabilize, as I always do with Mac and Windows, reading this and being Sierra in 10.12.3 I risked and it solved the problem!

Not only I'm back to "normal" loading and zone transfer times, but it's now faster than "normal" .

I can play WoW again without needing sedatives lol
solved the problem like follows:

1) open xbox app in windows 10
2) login (even if you never used it before - like me)
3) go to settings
4) deactivate everything (i am 2 lazy to find out which exact option did the trick but as i am not using the app anyways...)

hope this helps some of you guys :)
enjoy the "new" few seconds loading times like before legion!
Still a very serious problem. Loading times are at an almost unplayable level. This has gone on for nearly half a year, do try and get it sorted.
22/02/2017 15:29Posted by Brixner
solved the problem like follows:

1) open xbox app in windows 10
2) login (even if you never used it before - like me)
3) go to settings
4) deactivate everything (i am 2 lazy to find out which exact option did the trick but as i am not using the app anyways...)

hope this helps some of you guys :)
enjoy the "new" few seconds loading times like before legion!

That helped, thanks :D
Adding that line to the config file did help but now it seems that loading the world objects is taking a longer time too sometimes. (usually it's ok after logging in and going to different places for the 1st time)
Loading screens are pretty ok though

Seems there was one last update on the US forum about this:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749718759?page=189#post-3770