Mage Arcane Artiface Quest

General
What's up with this quest? I "can't" beat it. I'm doing this on my bad geared mage at 540 ilvl and I'm dying several times per trash mob. I can't go out and repair because that restarts the scenario... I've managed to get to the last guy now and my gear is fully red... Only took me 1½ hour.
Cant you sort some gear first then?
During this ordeal, did the thought that you need better gear ever crossed your mind? No, instead you kept at it with level 92 gear and then come here to complain that it`s imbalanced, too hard.
11/10/2016 07:54Posted by Terapeuten
Cant you sort some gear first then?

Feels kind of "pointless" and like a long-shot having to farm an old expansion for gear just so that I can start questing in the new expansion. Especially when I more or less facerolled all other artifact quests with 6-7 other classes, some of which also been undergeared.
Whats your point? You are undergeared and u cant do the quest.
11/10/2016 07:56Posted by Sorcery
Whats your point? You are undergeared and u cant do the quest.

My point is, it seems very over tuned compare to other classes. Especially as I can't repair in here. The last guy is more or less impossible when all my gear except my heirlooms is red.
11/10/2016 07:41Posted by Tottel
What's up with this quest? I "can't" beat it. I'm doing this on my bad geared mage at 540 ilvl and I'm dying several times per trash mob. I can't go out and repair because that restarts the scenario... I've managed to get to the last guy now and my gear is fully red... Only took me 1½ hour.

11/10/2016 07:55Posted by Tottel
Feels kind of "pointless"

Clearly not.

Engage brain.
11/10/2016 08:26Posted by Someoneelse

11/10/2016 07:55Posted by Tottel
Feels kind of "pointless"

Clearly not.

Engage brain.

Yes, engage brain please. If you read the post, you'll see I had no problems what so ever with 6 other undergeared toons, toons with even worse gear and lower level.
I have to admit, the arcane quest is the hardest I've done by a long, long, long way. I did it with iLv 700 and had to eat after almost every mob. Done 8/9 artifact quests now and this is the only one I've died on.

I read after I'd done it that some of the mobs had spell-steal abilities that help, but not sure.

I don't mind it being hard and providing a challenge, but then i would have though the other quests would need to be of a similar difficulty.

I've heard people say it's scaled to iLv so to do it with no gear on, but I can't confirm if this works. I think I read a post from a mage at lv 108 that did it and said it was so hard as the mobs had scaled to his ilv.
I died 4/5 times doing the quest.

After a while I started to work out what I was doing wrong and not using all my abilities. Spellsteal is uber crucial.
Of all the artifact weapon quests I've done, Arcane Mage weapon quest is by far the hardest. Note that I'm bad Mage player and I have had pretty good equipment (for that level, which was 102). On the other hand, I've done weapon quests with some other classes that I'm not very proficient with, and had no problems. Some quests are very trivial.

I'm not complaining about it, it's was a challenge for me and it did require some learning and adaptation. It's not that it isn't doable, it's just significantly more challenging than other quests.
If you need better gear, farm tanaan jungle (easy if you have flying). You can grab baleful gear from the nodes that spawn frequently where the arakkoa are.
I was thinking the other day how there is no way to "loose life" in this game. It's !@#$%^- easy. And when someone does reach a point in which they require better gear to beat certain quest, you actually demand it to be even easier?

Come on. Didn't we all agreed that this game is disgracefully easy for anyone who considers himself a video gamer? I am speaking about leveling process itself.

If thousands managed to do it before you, you will as well. Just pull your weight, but don't ask for this game to be easier than it is.

Regards,
Imm
11/10/2016 08:34Posted by Tottel
Yes, engage brain please. If you read the post, you'll see I had no problems what so ever with 6 other undergeared toons, toons with even worse gear and lower level.

I'm doing this on my bad geared mage at 540 ilvl and I'm dying several times per trash mob.

I'm doing this on my bad geared mage at 540 ilvl and I'm dying several times per trash mob.

Just in case you didn't read your own stuff. That's lower than Nagrand quest gear.
11/10/2016 09:18Posted by Brewfasa
I have to admit, the arcane quest is the hardest I've done by a long, long, long way. I did it with iLv 700 and had to eat after almost every mob. Done 8/9 artifact quests now and this is the only one I've died on.

I read after I'd done it that some of the mobs had spell-steal abilities that help, but not sure.

I don't mind it being hard and providing a challenge, but then i would have though the other quests would need to be of a similar difficulty.

I've heard people say it's scaled to iLv so to do it with no gear on, but I can't confirm if this works. I think I read a post from a mage at lv 108 that did it and said it was so hard as the mobs had scaled to his ilv.

I did this quest at level 108 and it was incredibly difficult. I died more on this artefact chain than I did during the 20 other artefact quests I did combined.

I only play fire on my mage and only ever have so frost/arcane was all new to me and I was terrible at it. But even with the correct use of spellsteal it was hard. I can only imagine how this quest must be like for fresh 100's. In case people do wonder it's perfectly normal to have 550 ilevel gear while reaching 100. This is due to levelling being so easy that I reached max level in WoD in Gorgrond on many of my chars.

11/10/2016 10:29Posted by Shomi
And when someone does reach a point in which they require better gear to beat certain quest, you actually demand it to be even easier?

Only the original poster is asking for this. What everyone else seems to be saying is that all artefact chains should have had this difficulty from the start.

I wonder if the original poster can just do this in frost spec and then switch to arcane before looting Aluneth to avoid the bug with the missing artefact weapon ability.
11/10/2016 12:30Posted by Dunsparrow
I wonder if the original poster can just do this in frost spec and then switch to arcane before looting Aluneth to avoid the bug with the missing artefact weapon ability.

I did both this and the fire artifact in Frost and never switched. Actually haven't equipped either of the other artifacts yet, just put them in the bank. :-)

And I do agree with what others have said - Arcane seems to be very hard compared to the other mage artifact quests and the half dozen others I've done. Spellsteal at the right moment helped a lot but I still had to ress a couple of times.
Love the down-voting. No one is saying anything bad, just commenting on difficulty of a quest, just for someone to come along and down-vote everything.

Some people just suck.
Most people missing my point I believe. I don't mind it being a bit hard, but the fact that I CAN'T repair and have to start all over when my gear is red is annoying as anything.. Especially when it takes quite some time to get to the end-boss. I can spend 30-60 min to get to the last boss with quite a few death, but when I get there, most of my gear is red which makes him impossible to kill.

Edit: I've managed to obtain the weapon now with only one death. By going frost...
This is the hardest artefact quest line I have to do (and I suspect it is the hardest artefact quest line) and it is made even more strange in that the easiest way to do it is as either Frost or Fire Mage. As has been said no problem making it difficult, but if it is easier to get the Arcane artefact on Frost or Fire Mage then something is wrong with the mechanics of this quest line.
28/02/2017 18:19Posted by Strippey
This is the hardest artefact quest line I have to do (and I suspect it is the hardest artefact quest line) and it is made even more strange in that the easiest way to do it is as either Frost or Fire Mage. As has been said no problem making it difficult, but if it is easier to get the Arcane artefact on Frost or Fire Mage then something is wrong with the mechanics of this quest line.
Nice 4 month necro :L