Tanks on ursoc hc

Quests & Achievements
Hi i was runnig with the guild and we had our tryes on ursoc hc, we only had a few tryes before the tanks decided their gear wasnt sufficient both around 858 i believe. Pala/warr
Can it really be the case or should we look for another solution
Their taunting wasn't sufficient. Their gear is more than good enough.

If you take rend with overwhelm, or the other way around you will get killed very quickly. This isn't a gear problem, its a learn to play problem.
With that gear, I'd almost say you are over-gearing it. (not quite, though)
I know one of our tanks had 849 gear the first kill. Wouldn't recommended that, though.

It is all about the taunts. Do you guys run with voice-chat? Have the tanks in a channel of their own, where they can scream murder at each other for when to taunt. Works wonder for us, although that also makes me unable to say exactly when and how they taunt.

Also, make sure they pop a CD every time they get 3 stacks of Overwhelm. That thing can hurt depending on your healer comp.

The fight is actually very much a tank fight IMO. I know our tanks had problems with addons telling them to taunt too soon, so they simply went and disabled them. It is all tank communication.

If any of the tanks makes a mistake, make sure you have a healer that calls out for CDs. It is possible to heal through a 2/3 stack Overwhelm and a Rend Flesh, it just hurts a lot.

On top of this, you will want your DPS to go all out. Especially under 30%, your healers will have a very hard time keeping you up for more than maybe 3 or 4 charges.

Just a heads up: Doing any raid fight with a small group (10-15) is exponentially harder than with a large group (20-30), as we found out yesterday. Both HPS and DPS requirements drop like stones, and until you hit Xavius tank healing is much easier.
Their gear is more than sufficient to do the encounter - they're even overgearing it.

They need to talk to their raidleader and amongst themselves to sort out how to deal with the mechanics properly.
Getting down the taunting is the hard part, we had amazing dps, but kept whiping because of this.

My tip:

Get in ALOT of tries and keep talking to each other.

You will get there.

(Last 30% is fun btw)

Good luck!
You can pretty much just taunt whenever the other tank gets a stack of something.
13/10/2016 10:27Posted by Barelyheals
Their taunting wasn't sufficient. Their gear is more than good enough.

If you take rend with overwhelm, or the other way around you will get killed very quickly. This isn't a gear problem, its a learn to play problem.

This.
"Taunt every time you lose your debuff and taunt every time the other tank gets a debuff" - This is the easiest way to explain how to taunt swap on this fight. Since everything alternates. One tank gets 2 stacks and other tank gets rend, then you swap so tank gets rend and other tank gets 2 stacks.

If you keep to taunting every time you lose your debuff and whenever the other tank gets their new debuff be it an extra stack of overwhelm or rend then the fight should do itself.

If you do mess up and one tank gets 3 stacks of overwhelm continue as normal. Get this tank to 4 stacks of overwhelm and then it can safely drop off. Don't be afraid of going to 4 stacks if needed as it isn't that dangerous just be sure to cooldown it. The absolute main thing is to avoid getting both Overwhelm and Rend. If that ever happens that is when external cooldowns may be needed as damage is enormous. So don't panic and keep going as normal even if you need to go to 4 overwhelms as a result.