Meh

Mage
I hate Suramar.
As a frost Mage, I die constantly.
As other specs I at least can get out of situations.
It was a mistake.
We don't need blisteringly hard content.
Those players need to get out more and perhaps find some real life challenges.
Welcome to the Customer Support forum. It seems you took the wrong Mage Portal, you should probably post here:-

Mage Forum
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/874792/
Very smart.
They destroyed what was passive and enjoyable and turned it into a massive middle finger to those players.
A message to say, you can go now, there's nothing for you here any more.
If I am honest I am not exactly sure what you trouble is other than Frost Mage has less survivability? is that it?

Frost Mage is my main DPS char, I don't die a lot.
No, suramar is exceptionally tough and when you fail you fail hard. You're mobbed, there is little escape and often it's humiliatingly done infront of many other players in a confined space.
Some quest objective are literally picketed in a circle with watchful NPCs, meaning you will almost always be the sucker who gets mobbed if you're not as skilled as the next player.
World quests within the area are extra hard to complete and often you're pipped to the post by players who have the edge in dodging agro or know geometery short cuts well, or have gadgets and mounts that give them the upper hand.
Again, humiliating whenever you're pipped to the post.
If you're having trouble you could try looking for other players that might be in the same position as you? Or people who might want to help others that are not doing well? Not everyone will find a game the same difficulty level so they can't really please everyone.
27/10/2016 12:31Posted by Standards
pipped to the post by players who have the edge in dodging agro or know geometery short cuts well, or have gadgets and mounts that give them the upper hand.

Yet Mages have Invisibility, Blink (Double Blink if talented), Frost Trap (2nd one on Water Elemental) and have access to the same gadgets and certainly mounts that are available to everyone else... I'm not sure why you are finding Frost Mage to be sub standard in this area. Frost Mages in theory (given the above abilities) should have an easier time getting away from the guards than most other classes.
This game was not as hard, in recent years, as it is today.
While you speak with calming and helpful words, you smirk in satisfaction that your game is now the challenging wall you once enjoyed 8 years or so ago in vanilla and burning crusade.
People don't want to play with me, i'm impersonal and grumpy. That's why I play WoW all hours.
All players are more skilled than I and those that aren't are cripplingly bad as I'm pretty awful myself.
12 years I've put into this, and they tell me I'm too old, too slow and incapable with a single expansion.
And a nice looking one with much to be excited about too.
Just cruel.
Suramar is hard as an undergeared fire mage. As frost it's easy.
Yes yes that's very helpful Duskspell. Thankyou for underlining my ineptitude there.
27/10/2016 12:42Posted by Standards
While you speak with calming and helpful words, you smirk in satisfaction that your game is now the challenging wall you once enjoyed 8 years or so ago in vanilla and burning crusade.

I'm actually puzzled at your attitude, but thanks for telling me I'm smirking? I don't find it to be a challenging wall; it never has been in outdoors play.. there are elite areas but those are clearly intended for groups, like part of the Suramar city. The rest you're just meant to avoid the people that see you. Sometimes it's annoying, sure, because there are many mobs, but that's hardly unique to frost mages. Just run some other way. Or sheep them (at least prepatch you could sheep and they wouldn't detect you).

12 years I've put into this, and they tell me I'm too old, too slow and incapable with a single expansion.

I think you're telling this to yourself.
if anything frost has more survivability, no blink heal but a way stronger ice barrier.

tons of slows/freezes/roots, learn how to kite properly and mobs will not even touch you.

this is a classic case of git gud, especially after the buffs frost is just as good as fire dps wise, if not better.

edit: if you dont like hard games please dont bother doing harder content and complain about it. go play runescape if you like brainless ez games.
As always, the forums bound with helpful affirmation from all sides.
Clearly i'm alone here.
I'll make sure the door gives me a massive thwack on my way out for your amusement.
27/10/2016 12:49Posted by Standards
As always, the forums bound with helpful affirmation from all sides.
Clearly i'm alone here.
I'll make sure the door gives me a massive thwack on my way out for your amusement.

blizzard can make a fortune if they mine all this salt

edit: this whole thing makes me wonder if i fell for trollbait tbh
27/10/2016 12:19Posted by Standards
I hate Suramar.
As a frost Mage, I die constantly.
As other specs I at least can get out of situations.
It was a mistake.
We don't need blisteringly hard content.
Those players need to get out more and perhaps find some real life challenges.

LOL... Learn to play... i do all the suramar quests including killing the elites without dieing one single time. Just because you don't know how to play the class doesn't mean its bad. learn to play mate. Instead of crying start by asking yourself what you could be doing wrong.
You're probably right.
I shall put all effort into L-ingTP strait away.
Thankyou for your kind and helpful words.
All off you.
27/10/2016 13:22Posted by Standards
You're probably right.
I shall put all effort into L-ingTP strait away.
Thankyou for your kind and helpful words.
All off you.

If you tell us exactly what you are doing wrong we are able to give you advice, complaining without wanting to improve or criticize your own playstyle doesnt help.

this behaviour makes us mock you
This game was not as hard, in recent years, as it is today.
People don't want to play with me, i'm impersonal and grumpy. That's why I play WoW all hours.
All players are more skilled than I and those that aren't are cripplingly bad as I'm pretty awful myself.
And a nice looking one with much to be excited about too.
Just cruel.

Im 35 years old (on my way to 36) i play wow since vanilla. that gives me the experience to play the game as it is now with "my eyes closed" in terms of PvE.
If you play since BC and u struggle to play it after all this time, then im sorry to say that this game is not for you.
Suramar is refreshingly challenging at times... and not before time given how easy pve was L90-100, but it's a long way from hard.

Pull too many elves in the city and you always have frost nova -> shimmer -> shimmer -> invisible... all is good again :)
Wow is for the elitists now unfortunately. Even the crafting content like the new bag is gated behind a mythic dungeon. I've cancelled. It's not fun any more.