Blizz, please don't leave Tyrande there!

Story
1 2 3 6 Next
She's got a lot more potential than we've seen, and so far I must say she disappoints me.

We've seen her as a wife in Val'sharah, then a warrior/hunter priestess in the Ysera scene, but neither have been flattering.

Then we see her in 7.1 as a sentinel.. but never as a High Priestess.

She is disdainful of the biggest elven hero, a nightborne Thalyssra which I don't like, Thalyssra has behaved exactly how I would expect Tyrande to, in fighting the demons, but it's worse... we see her dis-associate herself from her own people, disowning them because they went under a shield... rather than bringing back the light of Elune to her lost flock ...which are her people.

It's rather underwhelming. I had hoped to see compassion and benevolence befitting a bringer of great light to a people in great darkness, whiles unleashing spell and arrow on their oppressors in vengeance for what the legion and Elisande are doing to her lost flock.

Instead Tyrande goes around sending you to post notices about the ALLIANCE?! Shouldn't she be preaching the salvation of Elune? It's bad taste that amidst all that suffering Tyrande doesn't seem to be showing the wisdom of an ancient and voice of Elune, and is more concerned with advertising the alliance than her own goddess to her own people - some of those nightborne would be her friends and/or family from 10k years ago when she lived there.

Their plight is terrible, and they've really been fighting to overcome the nightwell curse which a night elf druid helps them with and fight the legion.

I can understand she would be upset with them at first, but when are we going to see her as high priestess - and not everything but. ?

I'd love a scene where Elune helps Tyrande with her pain over the sundering, and shows her the hope in her former kin, that need help, and we see her really come round to help her people.
Here is my Tyrande analysis

After 7.1 I'm liking her even less. And I wonder if we'd ever see the Tyrande of WotA and WC3. Tyrande the high priestess in WotA, and Tyrande the gutsy leader of the night elves and high priestess that had instincts as sharp as an arrow (like when she freed Illidan - seemed reckless but was necessary to save the world), but with a softness to her.

Atm, she seems erratic, going from overly emotional in almost a rude way in Val'sharah, then in Suramar she is preaching the Alliance instead of Elune - more grieved that her kin hid behind a shield than trying to bring them back guidance being lost sheep of Elune.

Frosty, Not Warm
Her compassion is 0 and weird - it doesn't add up - Tyrande should be mad at the Legion and at Elisande who was a hero for a highborne but now has made this evil decision, but she should be full of compassion for the nightborne that are suffering. And we should see her wrath poured out on the demons and elisande's guard, but her compassion on Thalyssra and the city folk we keep rescuing.

She should be encouraging them, bringing the standard of the Goddess and the light of the goddess as a weapon to bear against the Legion but the biggest source of encouragement and heart to a people who've been without the light of Elune for 10,000 years.

Instead we see her, disowning her keen, bristly and angry - but being a supposed 10k year old wise being, and the voice of the goddess, not to mention with insights none of us are supposed to have, she often doesn't match her description. She didn't in MoP, Wolfheart and not in 7.1
So makes me wonder what/why/huh? I expect the bristling resentment from Maiev, but Tyrande should be seeing all elves, in particular the nightborne as her flock and should be a Moon and Starlight bringer to the city in a way we've never seen before.

What was the Priesthood Like in It's Glory?
We never saw what the priesthood was like from a magical point of view in the original night elf empire setting, nor have we seen a proper display even in modern times of what bringing the light of Elune is like to her people in a desperate time and against the enemies of Elune when wielded by the High Priestess herself and the priestly order. We've seen quite a lot of the martial wardens, and in WC3 and the books a lot of the huntress priestess, but rarely of the MoonLight wielding, shadows and light one we caught a glimpse of in End Times instance in Cata with the Echo of Tyrande. I would imagine they brought quite a degree of moonlight and starlight enhancements glowing in the night.

Physical Differences
Tel'anor has the sort of silver illumination i expect Temple buildings and quarters to be emanating as somehow the moon tends to always illuminate there regardless. And I can imagine the priests also able to bring starlight and moonlight in a unique way the star mages we see amongst the nightborne and balance druids are not quite able to do. It's another insight to their ancient civilziation unseen. and while the nightborne have been without Elune guidance, Tyrande's arrival in the city should bring a measure of that part back.

I can imagine some of the statudes, staffs and cresecnt moon banners begin to glow again, as the High priestess passes, like a part of the city is waking up again - and the sign being visible to the populace - with a stirring sense of hope to the desperate nightborne people, but of fear to Elisande's group who have put themselves in bed with the Legion.

Tyrande and Thalyssra
Finally: Tyrande should be working alongside Thalyssra, probably scold her for what the nightborne did, but recognize these people are still the same night elven people that sent an army to unseat Azshara and closed a second demonic portal, there's heart in them.

I'm just sad we don't see so much of her, I expected to see Tyrande in action combining bow and spell toegehter, in a similar way we saw in the Echo of Tyrande do in the Cata instance End Times, but far more hopeful and glorious here rather than fatalistic.
It's weird, but without some proper re-unions/get together, night elves are looking like they're quite shafted in their own expansion upgrade.

Thalyssra has been amazing, but the nightborne are pretty much the big enemy to us, and the night elves just look so shabby - and Tyrande's coldness makes it seem like they're not geling or going to gel together well - which is frustrationg.

I saw the eleven army outside Suramar in the PTR run, and the night elves looked so shabby, where I feel we should have had a bit of a story of them joining their nightborne kin to defeat the great enemy to all night elf kind, instead we get like almost 0 interaction.

I feel it's already hard for players to connect to the nightborne, without a substantial connection with the alliance night elves, the night elves of the broken isles still feel a bit disconnected. They're seen as junkies, cowards and recovering addicts more than they are seen as heroes, able and capable of making a substantial difference on the larger scale.

I did hope for a bit of girl with girl action with Tyrande and Thalyssra - but I must say I'm a bit disappointed Thalyssra who is the first Arcanist herself has Khadgar stealing her spotlight in the fight against Elisande, and rescuing Tyrnade/Liadrin.

It's also weird that Liadrin who's not even a faction leader or even near, and so much younger than Tyrande is shown more competent and level headed, and more humane than the High Priestess of all the Night Elves.

I had hoped for more.
08/11/2016 02:54Posted by Evynstar
I had hoped for more.

As I previously stated on one or two occassions: WoW is a game about "Humans". Everything/everyone serves that purpose. Look at lore. Medivh, Khadgar, Jaina, Arthas, Bolvar, Fordring, Mograine, Varian, Anduin, for example, lore is written for these human characters. Other (non-human) NPCs are just put in to make the Humans' story even more illustrious.

That is why I find the 2 faction game base so distasteful. Because whoever is on the opposite end of the (human) scale is in a no-win-situation.

Now you may say, but look at Sylvanas being warchief and the Forsaken coming to prominence ... But the majority of the Forsaken are (undead) Humans. And the High Elf? Well, they serve (Vereesa, Alleria) as arm-candy for a Human paladin (Turalyon) and a Human mage (Rhonin). Even Sylvanas' famous Elven Farstriders get a Human (Blightcaller) put before them.

You deescribe the Night Elf situation pretty accurate, but did you REALLY expect anything else? In a "real" Azeroth context you would have an Elven re-unification as a thundering climax, unsettling the current power structures within the Alliance and the Horde remainder.

The Blood Elves (the Reliquiary) giving out quests, Rommath descending from Silvermoon to Suramar and no ''climax''? No Elven conference even among the Night Elves and the Blood Elves and the High Elves ALL of which may regard the Elves of this Legion expansion THEIR ancestors?? Very peculiar, but not surprising.

The ancient Elves who taught Humans magic need a pathetic figure like Khadgar to "organise/instruct" them? Utterly ridiculous.

In a "real" Azeroth context, Tyrande would have indeed acted differently and would most certainly BE the High Priestess of Elune who spreads healing among her Elven brethren, thereby paving the road to a huge reconcilliation among all Elves.
She's got a lot more potential than we've seen.

I totally agree with that

08/11/2016 02:32Posted by Evynstar
We've seen her as a wife in Val'sharah, then a warrior/hunter priestess in the Ysera scene, but neither have been flattering.

the problem is the whole Legion story concept came from previous warcraft story:
Suramar: another Zin-Azshari
Elisande: another Azshara
Nightwell: another well of eternity (not as strong as WoE but the concept came from it)
Five pillars of creation: another dragon soul
Emerald Nightmare: same Stormrage novel

But in the novel things were a little different. At first the world was not in danger. It was just Malfurion when Tyrande saw a vision about him. Then later when the nightmare manifested on entire Azeroth Tyrande's focus turned to saving the world and this is something that Blizzard didn't pay enough attention to it.
Also need to mention that in Val'sharah the scenario wasn't shown properly. For example when Xavius corrupts Ysera and they leave the scene with Malfurion, Tyrande suddenly leaps in the place and tells you that she saw a vision about Malfurion being in great threat when the entire thing happened just a few seconds ago. The scenario was meant to be like some time passes and then Tyrande shows up and she doesn't know about Ysera's corruption because later when she confronts Xavius she will then notice this and say: "Ysera? No ..." Blizzard needed to put more time on that but unfortunately they didn't.

Then we see her in 7.1 as a sentinel.. but never as a High Priestess.

Many people think that priestess of the moon is the same as priest in the game. But they are two different things. The same way that paladin is different from priests, same way that demonhunter is different from warlock, same way that deathknight is different from lich.
Priestess of the moon is unique on its own. They use bow and animal companions like a hunter and use Astral powers to both heal and fight. And most importantly they do not wear robes. Maybe they used to before the war of the ancients but certainly not after it. Tyrande reorganized the sisterhood to be more fighters than healers.

She is disdainful of the biggest elven hero, a nightborne Thalyssra

Tyrande is the only Warcraft character that doesn't blindly trust someone. She had experienced so many betrayals in her life time and she has learned that she must be cautious while approaching others.
So she is not disdainful, she is cautious which is logical. Thalyssra was among the ones who decided to stay in the city when the shield was created while her kinds were giving their lives to save the world. Even with that Tyrande decided to help her because there is a bigger threat called Legion while also keeping in mind any other outcomes aswell like: Thalyssra is getting free help; what if after we defeat Elisande she is going to abuse the situation and recreate the shield.
Thalyssra needs to prove that after Elisande's fall she will aid them in fighting the Legion.
we see her dis-associate herself from her own people, disowning them because they went under a shield... rather than bringing back the light of Elune to her lost flock ...which are her people.

If the Nightborne are her people then Bloodelves, Highelves, Satyrs, Naga ... they are her people too. It is not about being her people or not. If you are a threat to the wilds and nature or to her sacred lands or betrayed Elune, you will be considered an enemy. Also we still do not know what will happen when they take down Elisande. And I'm pretty sure they will not get back in the path of Elune because they are all mages and will not accept religious restrictions about magic.

Tyrande goes around sending you to post notices about the ALLIANCE?! Shouldn't she be preaching the salvation of Elune? It's bad taste that amidst all that suffering Tyrande doesn't seem to be showing the wisdom of an ancient and voice of Elune, and is more concerned with advertising the alliance than her own goddess to her own people - some of those nightborne would be her friends and/or family from 10k years ago when she lived there.

Now is not the time to spread religous beliefs. You must gather as much as able hands in the fight against Elisande and the Legion.
About the Alliance I must say that I never liked the idea of two big factions on Azeroth, NightElves joining the Alliance while some of them are neutral which is very stupid or BloodElves joining the Horde.
Gameplay is lore ruiner and WoW is 90% gameplay focus unfortunately.

I can understand she would be upset with them at first, but when are we going to see her as high priestess - and not everything but. ?

Everyone thinks that being a priest means you must always forgive people for their sins and false decisions but as I mentioned priestesses of the moon are different from normal priests we see in game. They are strong, fearless, cunning and firm. they are mostly in military stances which I really like this special and unique feature about them. They are not soft to anything or anyone. They are perfect warriors.

I'd love a scene where Elune helps Tyrande with her pain over the sundering, and shows her the hope in her former kin, that need help, and we see her really come round to help her people.

Tyrande will not do anything her goddess doesn't want her to do. If Elune wants Tyrande to bring her light to the nightborne then she will do that without hesitation. Still we do not know what will happen in the end. Maybe Tyrande will bless the Arcan'dor with the light of Elune.
Everyone thinks that being a priest means you must always forgive people for their sins and false decisions but as I mentioned priestesses of the moon are different from normal priests we see in game. They are strong, fearless, cunning and firm. they are mostly in military stances which I really like this special and unique feature about them. They are not soft to anything or anyone. They are perfect warriors.

'While I agree with what you say about the Night Elven priest class, I still think that the healing aspect has a significant role to play for them. Same with the druids, they all can fight, but the healing focus is equally strong. That is probably why Tyrande and Malfurion get on so well, i.e. they are both fighters AND healers.

Unlike other Elves, though, Tyrande is in a unique position to really cure old wounds (hatreds/misgivings/grudges) and to generate a healing that would be benefical for Elves in general, regardless of the lobby (ideology) they are backing up.
I think on the whole, Blizzard have done a pretty poor job of writing Elves throughout World of Warcraft. They also seem to struggle writing strong female characters -they either end up as arm candy or an outright !@#$%; though I concede they've written Thalyssra well.

There is definitely a focus on Orcs and Humans; part of me thinks that it's intentional to have the older races fading into the background. I would have liked to have seen a bit more input from the Elven races on arcane matters but it seems that we have one go-to guy for all things magical.

The Val'sharah writing for Tyrande was cringeworthy at best. To be honest if they are going to portray her as a love sick puppy I'd rather she went back to being a background character.
I always preferred savage, xenophobic elves from WC3. Let the High/Blood Elves mingle with civilized races, Night Elves suck at blending in.
Many people think that priestess of the moon is the same as priest in the game. But they are two different things. The same way that paladin is different from priests, same way that demonhunter is different from warlock, same way that deathknight is different from lich.
Priestess of the moon is unique on its own. They use bow and animal companions like a hunter and use Astral powers to both heal and fight. And most importantly they do not wear robes. Maybe they used to before the war of the ancients but certainly not after it. Tyrande reorganized the sisterhood to be more fighters than healers.

Btw, great analysis, I liked reading much of it, and I agree with nearly all of it, some good points. I do realize the Priestess of the Moon are not like your regular priestess, they are a combo - my point was we see the martial sentinel side a lot more, but that should be shown alongside the priestly side too.

It's a missed opportunity because we've never really seen the priestly side/expression of the Priestess of the Moon - we saw their first aid like style in Darkshore cataclysm, but we haven't seen it in full effect. The light does shine brightest in the darkness, in this case it is the moonlight and there is a part that they could really have shown which we haven't quite seen yet, which could have been amazing.

If the Nightborne are her people then Bloodelves, Highelves, Satyrs, Naga ... they are her people too
it's more than that, Tyrande is from that city, most of our night elves are - Blood elves descended from the Zin'Azshari highborne, Satyrs and Naga were mostly also made from them. Tyrande would have family amongst the nightborne and friends - those who stayed.

I do agree initially she would be a bit cool, she was exactly the same to both alliance and horde in WC3, which is how a leader should be, and we see her really warm up later to them when trust is proven.

Also it would be really interesting if the Priesthood was trying to bring the light of Elune back to the blood elves/high elves and Satyr too - we've already seen 2 satyr been turned back to night elves by Elune, who knows, even though they rejected moon worship to dissassociate themselves from the group that exiled them, it could be that Elune was helping out the high elves all the way anyway, as they do find the Light and become very faithful followers of it - when they meet the humans, they take their light worship and effectiveness to a whole new level.

There could be a nice side story there - of night elven priests seeing a bit past horde/alliance conflict and reaching out to remind elves of what's important. Or not. The nightborne however presents such a cool opportunity though - the city held the headquarters of the Order of Elune and it's most Holy Temple now defiled by the Legion.

The citizens that remained did a great service in sealing up a portal, and must have had quite a religious side to them too. Night elves, especially the highborne are sticklers for tradition, and we see this portrayed strongly in the nightborne of the city, They had to rely on the arcane for 10k years, but now remember the well has cursed them, and now the shield is down it is no longer necessary to be the source of their salvation and now plays as a curse. This is ripe for a priesthood that shows suffering people the GODDESS has not forgotten them.

The goddess has brought help, the Light of Elune shining once more, it would be so cool if Tyrande in the city is Tyrande the High Priestess, like the city coming alive as she goes through, the arcane was interwined completely with the preisthood right... what if her entrance like awakened things... like some of the orbs on the statue staffs, some of the shrines, and other things with the moon symbols started glowing with silver white light....

Blizzard could show some amazing interactions, nightborne finding hope in this, and the elisande guards a bit fearful because it looks targetted against them, the legion arrogant against it, until the hunt for the High priestess begins as she is winning too many people over, and demons start dying, Tyrande meeting them in the city more with moon and star light effects, like the anger of a goddess brought to full bear against the legion in an aspect of the city they were completely unaware off was around and Elisande and the others completely forgot about being without the priesthood in there.

This would be so awesome !! Especially if Thalyssra and Tyrande were heading through together. We get to accompany her on one of these excursions.. then we go off on our own and on some of the other quests (both alliance and horde) we hear the rumours amongst the nightborne of the Tyrande appearing like the Goddess, here, then there - rescuing nightborne, healing others - in the glow and light of Elune emanating from her the hunger of the nightwell ceases. While the fruit repairs their body, the light of Elune soothes and relieves the pangs completley.

A scene could have some guards and demons corner the High priestess as she defends some children and trapped nightborne - then we see an awesome display of spell power - silver light beam arrows, star falls - the arcane star effects of the nightwell somehow get enlaraged by the power of Elune - like in the old days when arcane and moonlight worked hand in hand, and all of a sudden demons are dying exploding in this Moon and Star light display - giving you the spell caster angle. Tyrande and some of her highest ranking priestesses with her.

Could have a daring mission to rescue Lunastre, and Astravar actually housing the High Priestess until that mission happens. and where? Yes in the waning crescent area.. after the Light of Elune destroys their foes like that, Elune's light somehow undoes the smoldering fel effect on the nightborne corpses and they are restored from that husk state to life in an incredible display of power...that leaves everyone gasping and Tyrande commenting on this very new expression of the Goddess for this unique situation.

Now is not the time to spread religous beliefs. You must gather as much as able hands in the fight against Elisande and the Legion.
you can combine both as shown above. This is not about spreading religious beliefs, this is about salvation, life, hope a real reason to hope and believe again - Tyrande is being led by the goddess to free her people and heal them, the goddess is moving through/with Tyrande - the act of saving them by healing, soothing , rescuing them and destroying /vanquishing their oppressors, this is what gives hope and faith in Elune which is awe inspiring.

This display is something that galvanises even more of the city folk, some who did not believe any thing could match the strength of the legion or surpass the nightwell - well the Goddess moving herself causes many nightborne, lowborne, guard and noble alike to gain the courage they need to rise up against the Palace.

And this is the word that is sent out - it is this salvation and news of the goddess moving within the city .. especially when the nightwell magical effect like the floating stars are enhanced by the priesthood and affect the Legion - it's almost like even the Nightwell respond to the goddess, it's corruption removed when the priestess is around and enhanced somehow - -- which again points to that mysterious interconnection between the Well of Eternity and the priesthood - - how is it that the night elves first thought the Goddess dwelt within the Well - there is a connection between Azeroth's leyline arcane blood energy and Elune, one that was represented if not fully understood in the night elf community that were able to discern the goddess through the well itself.

The fruit cures the bodies of the nightborne and any addiction in any highborne or arcane using night elf, but the light of the goddess, this somehow cleanses the corruption of the nightwell itself. It is this that is hinted at in how Tyrande and Thalyssra somehow combine the use of moonlight, starlight arcane and light.

agreed, which I like, but they are also priests, and there can be a deep, spiritual and fascinating expression of this too alongside that, while we see the warrior side, we should be seeing the priest side too alongside it as well, combining in a few quest chains/scenes even a WQ that you sometimes accompany them.

Elune's priests have real duties here, like actually saving people, the confidence and hope their actions bring is enough to inspire the faith they need to spiritually turn around without needing a full sermon, although it would be so cool to see Tyrande herself telling nightborne that the Goddess is here and has not forgotten her people. Though they turned away and lost faith, now has come an hour of redemption, they should trust in the goddess now, pick up arms, and rise up, they are not alone... and then we see it as she brings moonlight and starlight to bear using parts of the city and the glowing orbs and arcane energy in the air itself against her foes and to heal her allies.

08/11/2016 07:32Posted by Shinil
Tyrande will not do anything her goddess doesn't want her to do. If Elune wants Tyrande to bring her light to the nightborne then she will do that without hesitation. Still we do not know what will happen in the end. Maybe Tyrande will bless the Arcan'dor with the light of Elune.

I would so love to see blizzard write this/show this... they could even show some nightborne confess that in their darkest hour they called out to the goddess.

Yeah Tyrande might bless the Arcan'dor, but i'm hoping for Elune to have a much bigger showing, like cleansing the nightwell.. we saw a naaru help the sunwell, but Elune is the creator of the Naaru, and the nightwell is a well of eternity level of power Well, besides, druids remove curses as do mages - hence whey a combination of mage and druid in the arcan'dor removes the curse of the nightwell, but priests cleanse corruption - therefore it is fitting that it is priests and Elune herself that is called on to cleanse this.

I expect the nightborne/night elves to be using the nightwell like the high/blood elves do the sunwell - it would be so awesome.
08/11/2016 07:55Posted by Tzesunlao
While I agree with what you say about the Night Elven priest class, I still think that the healing aspect has a significant role to play for them. Same with the druids, they all can fight, but the healing focus is equally strong. That is probably why Tyrande and Malfurion get on so well, i.e. they are both fighters AND healers.

Unlike other Elves, though, Tyrande is in a unique position to really cure old wounds (hatreds/misgivings/grudges) and to generate a healing that would be benefical for Elves in general, regardless of the lobby (ideology) they are backing up.

Very eloquently put.. I agree... it's this part we need to see, healing is both physical and spiritual, hope is the thing in shortest supply amongst the nightborne too, and here we can really see an expression of the priesthood in the city in a brand new way and in a way not seen for 10k years, as we hadn't the pleasure of seen how the priesthood and arcane interacted and blended so successfully to build the night elves into a great people.

There is a connection between the arcane and the light - it is in the Titans themselves too according to Chronicles, and specifically with the night elves who through the Well of Eternity and they discerned Elune and plumbed the depth of the well discovering the secrets of the arcane.

Suramar hasn't seen the light of the Goddess in 10,000 years, for the first time they see Starlight, and Moonlight, but the priesthood is absent now...until Tyrande the High Priestess returns.. what an opportunity to show something magically wonderful when this happens, and how it's like the arcane powering is only one half of the story, now watch what happens when the light of the goddess returns in her chosen subjects to the moon symbols on the ground, shrines and statues and the star constellations that criss cross the pillars and columns... even the very air that has the little arcane stars falling like rain, now watch them glow in silver light as the priestesses return and the goddess awakens a city - bringing hope to the desperate, salvation to the broken and dis-enfranchised and fear and terror to oppressors and demons.
08/11/2016 09:57Posted by Léawyn
though I concede they've written Thalyssra well.

Yes, they wrote Thalyssra very well, I really really like her... which is why I think Tyrande needs a good focus here - one everyone can admire, and both respect.

it won't do to be at odds with the most remarkable new female heroine that has popped up in elven kind in the biggest night elf expansion, who's a reallly good person - so i'm thinking that maybe if they did a few special things with her in both Suramar and in the 7.2 on Thal'dranath (Broken Shore) , where we really see her as both light and hope to the nightborne and us, and a powerful weapon brought to bare against the Legion.

There should be a connection coming in with Illidan's return too, since it is Naaru, and Elune's naaru in particular connected, not to mention the Tomb of Sargeras and the Cathedral of night are the most holy sites and it is the Elves, in particular her people, her city, their kingdom that have taken the biggest brunt of the Legion's affect on Azeroth, including spending 10 k years soley dedicated to a vigil - that's like your whole existence since their first arrival has been dominated by them .. The night elves of northern kalimdor could not go back to building amazing civilizations like the High elves did - choosing instead to carry vigil with a 100% focus - but now their jewelled city thought lost is here, and the Legion who brought all the pain and suffering, evil, corruption and destruction and seeks to devour all whole again have returned...?

No the work isn't done, especially not here, the most holy site, near her birth city, her people just freed - we should be seeing something amazing, like the nightwell cleansed by Elune and the priesthood in the thick of the activity that restores the broken shore as our base.

Moon Priest and nightborne mage working together to restore things and build up command etc, just like night druid and mage worked together for 7.0 to bring healing and salvation to the nightfallen.
Yes, we can really have so many good scenarios. But there are Blizzard story tellers and writers. It has been proved several times that most of them do not like female Night Elves and specially Tyrande. I'm not talking about all of them. In Legion I almost felt that some of the writers are trying to give people what they really want to see. This gives me a little hope but if you want to create great scenarios with Night Elves you really need to put more time on them and understand their cultures, beliefs, behaviors and personalities not just how their buildings or pots look like.

However, there are still story tellers who still want to ruin Tyrande. If you saw the Design Retrospective at Blizzcon they mentioned that there was a scene where Tyrande is fighting Dreadlords but in the end she gets mind controlled Oo ... then you save her from them. I mean it was a big scenario with lots of designs just for something pointless to ruin Tyrande more. They removed that fortunately and it didn't even reach alpha. But my point is why would you create such a nonsense thing like Tyrande getting MCed by Dreadlords. Not even Archimonde could do anything to her but some stupid Dreadlords could? Still I'm a little worried that they might add this again in 7.2 . Hopefully I'm wrong but if they are going to add this to the game they must expect people's reaction aswell.
I think, for Tyrande's reaction towards Thalyssra, it's not about her being outright hostile, but it is more about caution. I relate this to how she reacted in W3 when she saw the Humans and Orcs hacking at Ashenvale and how she said "I would be damned before I side with them!" She attacked them and was hostile towards them and thats the difference here. She approaches Thalyssra with caution, because Thalyssra was one of the Highborne from the ancient Empire, who remained within the city of Suramar and did not fight and also, Tyrande doesn't know what Thalyssra and the hero (us lot) have been doing because she's been in Val'Sharah. Also, she only holds this caution for a few seconds, then she trusts Thalyssra because the Nightborne's response is truthful. Lets not forget, Tyrande had also come face to face with the former Highborne Mage/Warlock, Xavius, so I think this might make her think back to the Highborne treachery as a whole which is why she is cautious of Thalyssra. After that, you see her and Thalyssra standing side by side, ready to assault the Nighthold, alongside the High Elves and the Blood Elves.

On another note - I would like to see Thalyssra talk to the Blood Elves and Rommath. I think it would be quite cool, since it is Liadrin and Rommath who encourage us to help Thalyssra.

I am starting to like Tyrande again, because I feel they are looking back at what made her a cool character in W3 and re adapting this style again for her, which is good to see. I now look forward to a confrontation between both her and Azshara.

Plus, one of the best things they've done for Tyrande (which we've complained about since 2011) is the voice actress has finally dropped the accent and she now sounds like her old W3 self again. I really hope we get to see Tyrande and Illidan kick some Legion !@# in the Tomb of Sargeras.

08/11/2016 12:57Posted by Shinil
Not even Archimonde could do anything to her but some stupid Dreadlords could? Still I'm a little worried that they might add this again in 7.2 . Hopefully I'm wrong but if they are going to add this to the game they must expect people's reaction aswell.

I think it depends on who is in the Night Elf Priesty part of the Tomb of Sargeras. I hope we get to see Tyrande in the Naga section as well.
08/11/2016 03:43Posted by Tzesunlao
The ancient Elves who taught Humans magic need a pathetic figure like Khadgar to "organise/instruct" them? Utterly ridiculous.

I think I broke the upvote button when I read this.
08/11/2016 12:57Posted by Shinil
Tyrande is fighting Dreadlords but in the end she gets mind controlled Oo ... then you save her from them. I mean it was a big scenario with lots of designs just for something pointless to ruin Tyrande more. They removed that fortunately and it didn't even reach alpha. But my point is why would you create such a nonsense thing like Tyrande getting MCed by Dreadlords. Not even Archimonde could do anything to her but some stupid Dreadlords could?

I did like that she was planned to have a major role in the broken shore, ruins of the former temple, it showed that they didn't forget Suramar City and the Broken Isles are a key and historic part to night elf lore and in particular the order of Elune,

however, being mind controlled by Dreadlords makes me wonder if they remember or factor in Elune and her influence, relation and action through the High Priestess. But in the Design retrospective they did have her call out to Elune, essentially overcoming their influence, and it's probably shown that way because it's in a game, whereas a book may have described her as being able to brush that off.

What I am concerned about is that we don't see enough true prophecy from Tyrande - in the respect that if Tyrande is doing something you have to pay note, because the Goddess is with her, and though her actions might seem surprising, they always prove true.

Despite her early tone, it is true Tyrande does trust Thalyssra and works with her, asking you to help the nightborne although you don't see the two operate together, this may again surprise a Maiev style Warden who would expect a total rejection and perhaps bitterness. But...

Suramar is a very emotional place for night elves, all the leaders come from the city, many of the heroes, and the majority of the night elves that won the war marched from the region. Illidan lived in the city, Malfurion on the outer edge, Maiev and Jarod are from there. Tyrande was born and bred there... in fact Maiev's great hatred to Illidan was on the back of her city being destroyed (or so she thought then) by the Legion and perceiving Illidan to be its agent after he nearly kills Jarod and remains the only physical vestige of the Legion she can unleash her fury against - since the destruction of the well sucked them all back the first time.

08/11/2016 19:35Posted by Amidála
On another note - I would like to see Thalyssra talk to the Blood Elves and Rommath. I think it would be quite cool, since it is Liadrin and Rommath who encourage us to help Thalyssra.

Does Liadrin also ask Horde players to post notices in the city that the horde is here to help?
Does anyone know who particularly writes the night elves and Tyrande's character?
No idea, but it needs to be the same writers who are writing Thalyssra, Valtrois and the Nightborne Rebels and the Highborne of Azsuna. The Night Elves of Darnassus are not being wrote with justice (still, 7.1 seems to be a slight improvement.)
Okay, there are quite a few things I need to state here:

1. I think Tyrande's portrayal is pretty decent. I actually think the writers did go back to her character in Warcraft 3 and saw what made her.. Tyrande.
In Val'sharah, she is reasonably worried for Malfurion, as she always has been. At the end, she still chose her duties towards Elune over her own emotions. This was meant to make an impact, even if it didn't come across as such.
2. After her duties in Val'sharah are complete and the Tears of Elune by our side, she decides to focus on her ancient enemy- The Legion. This inevitably brings her to Suramar.
3. Her presence is not as simple as it seems- on one hand, she wants to help the Shal'dorei and thus answered the call to fight. On the other, this is the same city from 10K years ago that walled itself from the Legion, and left the world to its fate. Thalyssra is not a new person to her- she clearly remembers her as a part of the Highborne order that did so.

Come Legion, and she does not trust Thalyssra blindly. The player and Khadgar may know about Thalyssra from her acts as a nightfallen, but she has her own experience of Thalyssra from 10K years back. I wouldn't trust that person either. She makes demands from Thalyssra to ensure that she stays put and doesn't betray the other races once this is over. This is strategic and not something done out of spite.
At the end of the day, she goes out of her way to help the resistance and states that she doesn't enjoy the thought of sieging her long-lost people. She not only the aids the Shal'dorei but asks the player to inspire them and bring them on her side.
4. Tyrande was not intended to be portrayed as an all-powerful Mary Sue. The writers wanted to show that winning as the resistance was not easy and came at a great cost and Tyrande acting as a foil to that wouldn't work due to her being over-powered. She did however lead the charge in certain parts of the attack and maintained order in the camps while others were trying to incite the blood elves and Kal'dorei to attack each other. I think she did a good job as a leader.
4. Tyrande isn't here to spread the word of Elune. These are people who abandoned the faith ages back and this certainly isn't the time for Sisterhood propaganda. While it's potentially true that they could cleanse the Nightwell, the Arcan'dor has already served that role and the Nightwell will likely be destroyed instead. The night elves already played their part in that redemption, through the Arcan'dor. Either way, Tyrande has never shown any inclination to go on a mission of converting people to Elune as her acts speak for themselves.
I do believe that her story in Legion is far from over though, mostly because of the fact that the writers have decided to involve her in a reasonable part of the Legion fight.

5. Voice:
I think the problem with Tyrande's voice actor is that she was concurrently voicing a lot of troll females as well. I believe the innkeeper for trolls shares the voice actor( sounds almost exactly like Tyrande), and she probably had a hard time doing two roles at once. Now she's got a better grip since HotS and is able to voice Tyrande normally, especially as of patch 7.1
Do you know Moonspear, I think your right. Liadrin, Vereesa and Khadgar do not know Thalyssra from WoTA whilst Tyrande does. I think with what Tyrande says to her, is not a horrible hatred that is shown throughout, it's suspicion, which is what Tyrande is all about, especially when it comes to those that were once highly regarded by the Queen of the old Empire.

Looking at it, I do honestly think Blizzard are starting to go back to what made Tyrande a cool character in Warcraft 3.

I also hope they might leave Tyrande's voice actress for Tyrande only. I feel, in 7.1, Tyrande is now starting to become the new Leader of her people, we saw back in Warcraft 3.

The only real problem I have with the rebellion now is the High Elves. They don't do anything of significance during the build up to Elisande's retort, as this is all done by the Kaldorei, Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei. The Quel'dorei don't do anything special what-so-ever, so it makes their presence seems slightly forced. I mean, I know they had to be there, but...I don't know.
Vereesa also doesn't like the idea of sharing a camp with Tyrande and the Night Elves, which is really strange.
I'm definitely looking forward to see some great storyline about her. It really has been a long time ...