Blizz, please don't leave Tyrande there!

Story
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
13/11/2016 12:05Posted by Amidála
Do you know Moonspear, I think your right. Liadrin, Vereesa and Khadgar do not know Thalyssra from WoTA whilst Tyrande does. I think with what Tyrande says to her, is not a horrible hatred that is shown throughout, it's suspicion, which is what Tyrande is all about, especially when it comes to those that were once highly regarded by the Queen of the old Empire.

Looking at it, I do honestly think Blizzard are starting to go back to what made Tyrande a cool character in Warcraft 3.

I also hope they might leave Tyrande's voice actress for Tyrande only. I feel, in 7.1, Tyrande is now starting to become the new Leader of her people, we saw back in Warcraft 3.

The only real problem I have with the rebellion now is the High Elves. They don't do anything of significance during the build up to Elisande's retort, as this is all done by the Kaldorei, Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei. The Quel'dorei don't do anything special what-so-ever, so it makes their presence seems slightly forced. I mean, I know they had to be there, but...I don't know.
Vereesa also doesn't like the idea of sharing a camp with Tyrande and the Night Elves, which is really strange.

I feel like they should've included undead elves instead, like the dark rangers. Not only would it make for interesting story, it would give Forsaken other than sylvanas and her beau to shine. Also, the blood and high elves currently have no true distinction between them besides political alignment.
no hope for Tyrande as long as Malfurion is there.
Except Malfurion isn't in 7.1, and Tyrande is actually quite the badass again. Little steps, taking her back to the way she was in W3.

I'm content with her in 7.1

Tyrande and Thalyssra (as always) are quite the cool characters in 7.1 and I like the Blood Elf involvement as well, just wish Rommath had more than just...standing there.
13/11/2016 12:05Posted by Amidála
The only real problem I have with the rebellion now is the High Elves. They don't do anything of significance during the build up to Elisande's retort, as this is all done by the Kaldorei, Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei. The Quel'dorei don't do anything special what-so-ever, so it makes their presence seems slightly forced. I mean, I know they had to be there, but...I don't know.
Vereesa also doesn't like the idea of sharing a camp with Tyrande and the Night Elves, which is really strange.

I suspect this might be because blizzard has plans for the High elf Quel'dorei.. . my suspicion is that the nightborne are the night elf highborne evolution. It's even in the name nightborne = night elf highborne... for long players have thought they should alter the highborne model a bit anyway to make it more distinctive and give night elves a sub-race.. the nightborne seem like that effort done properly and clearing up some confusion too in the name.

If all the highborne generally go nightborne, then it's easy, Quel'dorei would continue to be exclusively identifiable with the High Elves, but still have it's historical significance amongst night elf kind for the progression of the nightborne.

There is nothing to say that highborne, nightborne and night elf can't also exist, afterall, we call the Quel'dorei highborne when referring to night elves and high elf when speaking of the thalssian elves. The night elves view both as the same group despite them being different races (night elf and high elf) - almost like highborne is a calling. And the nightborne have carried on that tradition, the night version of the highborne. Nightborne being both a new night elf race and a calling.

Still i woudln't be surprised if the highborne group gets intermingled in the nightborne and night elf race - ending up something like this. All nightborne are highborne, but not all highborne are nightborne.

It could be that the highborne join the nightborne too, and get changed by the Nightwell when it is cleansed. who knows.. but blizzard now have options on how it will play out.

One thing is for sure, is this the beginning of a the revival of the night elves? after 10,000 years where their various groups have lived in isolation bearing the consequences of the first legion invasion?

It's been 10k years, 1 group put aside all vestiges of civilziation to look out for the return of the legion, another fell to ruin by a piece of folly , a 3rd thought the world lost and stayed within a refuge they very diligently maintained but with consequence.

With the well of eternity lost, the night elves lower than ever on power, the nightborne post legion isolated - what is clear is that the two groups very much need each other.

with the arcan'dor cure, the night elves no longer have to fear moral or physical corruption from arcane sources that started this nightmare in the first place. This will give them confidence in trusting magic again, especially after Thalyssra has demonstrated the nightborne can be trusted, her nightborne anyway. Which they do emphatically, they do need the magic desperately - it's why they accepted the highborne in cata. being overwhelmed, having much work to do, being beaten, they still have a kingdom to rebuild etc.. same with the nightborne - they need the support of their people from outside the city, they need the night elven help with arcan'dor and the priesthood help with the ngihtwll - not to mention people who know them (most night elves being from suramar) and understand them (the highborne) while being on their same night cycle.

THe nightborne need the nature connection and the divine cleansing from their kin, the night elves need the arcane acumen and power from the nightborne - they both solve each others' issues/problems.
13/11/2016 15:40Posted by Moonspear
I feel like they should've included undead elves instead, like the dark rangers. Not only would it make for interesting story, it would give Forsaken other than sylvanas and her beau to shine. Also, the blood and high elves currently have no true distinction between them besides political alignment.

but again that is the largest point of distinction is it not, it's curious how the elves regard themselves, to humans the biggest differences might be skin colour, but for elves political ones may actually hold even more weight.
13/11/2016 15:40Posted by Moonspear
the blood and high elves currently have no true distinction between them besides political alignment.

apart from the green glowing eyes, their hair colors.
Voices and ....
Okay I got nothing more.

14/11/2016 04:26Posted by Eleiyna
but again that is the largest point of distinction is it not, it's curious how the elves regard themselves, to humans the biggest differences might be skin colour, but for elves political ones may actually hold even more weight.

Ideals hold a high ground for them: After all the Night elves and Blood elves have a feud that makes the Horde and Alliance war looks like children not getting along.
a hate between the two based solely on ideals.

I think it is great that Tyrande is not showing kidness to the Nightborn.
they did after all turn their backs on the Rebellion and their people.
13/11/2016 21:29Posted by Amidála
Except Malfurion isn't in 7.1, and Tyrande is actually quite the badass again. Little steps, taking her back to the way she was in W3.

Tyrande and Thalyssra (as always) are quite the cool characters in 7.1 and I like the Blood Elf involvement as well, just wish Rommath had more than just...standing there.

that might be true but we all know that both of them will be there when Illidan arrives and we know what will happen

Malfurion: Illidan, you !@#$ed up again. Get the %^-* out of here!!!
Illidan: Again!?
Tyrande: OMG Malfurion, you are awesome!!!!
Malfurion: Did you see that, Tyrande!? I am a true boss!!! Now go and make me a sandwich!!!
Illidan: Da !@#$!?
16/11/2016 13:55Posted by Tomidan
13/11/2016 21:29Posted by Amidála

that might be true but we all know that both of them will be there when Illidan arrives and we know what will happen

Malfurion: Illidan, !@#$ed up again. Get the %^-* out of here!!!
Illidan: Again!?
Tyrande: OMG Malfurion, you are awesome!!!!
Malfurion: Did you see that, Tyrande!? I am a true boss!!! Now go and make me a sandwich!!!
Illidan: Da !@#$!?

I admit, that did make me smirk a little.
Warcraft 3 was a very long time ago, you know? She changed alot since and it's highly unlikely that she would now go back to act like she did back then, especially since she so much time has passed.
It would be weird and out of character now.

Personally, I think she's boring, but so do I think about elves in general.
16/11/2016 14:02Posted by Eridu
I admit, that did make me smirk a little.

Illidan's return would be very different this time.. but i wonder if blizzard will show it properly

He returns as hero, and the hope for Azeroth against the Legion, his return is significant for the alliance night elves and can impact the broken isles night elves incl the nightborne significantly since he returns to his home city Suramar right at the nightwell - a city he would know very very well.

The alliance night elves would realize this guy was NEVER a traitor, and that he was right all along, he was right about the legion, he meant the 2nd well to be a gift to restore their civilizaiton and gain greater strength to harness against the legion's return - they'd discover they got him all wrong and unfairly treated him.

His brother will be moritified over this, even though he will continue to reject the use of fel and not agree with Illidan's method, still the choice of the goddess and the Light to use Illidan would put the full priesthood behind him.

His mastery of the arcane would outstrip every nightborne or highborne too, remember these are his kin, and though they've excelled in magic, they will not have a fraction of what illidan has gained through his meditations while imprisoned as Ilidan the novel shows, and through his latest journey in the twisting nether.

This is Illidan's moment, and the irony is that it was at one point the thing he wanted most, - the acceptance and veneration of his people for him, and it wouldn't matter to him at all now - funnily he will get it, but the joy he may have once had from it, wouldn't be there, he'd be too focused on finishing this.
16/11/2016 15:26Posted by Sylaz
Warcraft 3 was a very long time ago, you know? She changed alot since and it's highly unlikely that she would now go back to act like she did back then, especially since she so much time has passed.
It would be weird and out of character now.

Personally, I think she's boring, but so do I think about elves in general.

Why should a 10000 year old priestess change so dramatically in 10 years? It doesn't make sense for the story for characters to change so much, just look at Jaina.
And she should still have the experience as a leader she had back then. That's all we're asking.
P.S. if you find elves boring why do you bother commenting here? Perhaps you should take your enthusiasm elsewhere?
The part about Alliance propaganda is hardly surprising; the Night Elves sold their identity, pride and self worth to the Alliance long ago, and dropped it entirely the moment they bent knee to a human as their "High King".

You want Tyrande to display pride in her people and Elune now? She has none left.
Neither do many characters in WoW. Liadrin doesn't make sense in Suramar. She just spouts nonsense Vereesa just stands there, causing trouble. Only Thalyssra has pride in that Elven rebellion. Her and Tyrande are the only ones who make sense in that zone.
I think Tyrande's portrayal has been decent and they do seem to try and steer her back to her roots, so I'm eager to see how the whole affair will develop.

What has disappointed me in her portrayal is that she didn't help out with the Emerald Nightmare, even though she has cleansed such corruption before (Eranikus and the first attempt to cleanse the Nightmare in the novels). What she has been doing the whole time? I don't think EN and Suramar storylines play out simultaneously.

Also, I'd like to see some armor on her. She is not in the Temple of Elune and I do recall her donning heavy armor when she head for battle, in the novels at least.
I like Tyrande's portrayal here, but as an Illidari fan, I wish my boy Kayn and my girls Kor'vas and Allari, were involved in this. I am happy that the Night Elf leader is starting to go back to her W3 routes though and it's nice to see her in the city of her birth. The little bit of insight in which she tells us that the last time she was here, the Elves of the city and herself were running away for their lives because the Legion was invading, and now she returns to that same city, where the Legion are infesting the streets...it must be hard for one woman to digest. This is something neither Liadrin or Vereesa have...they didn't see the many Elves being slaugthered Men, women, children...all being annihilated at the behest of their crazed Queen.

Tyrande and Thalyssra hold these memories, but I bet it's harder for Tyrande because not only is her former hometown being used as refuge for the Legion, her former Temple of Elune is also being used to usher in this evil. If I was Tyrande, I would find it so difficult as I would not only think back to my own childhood, playing with Malfurion and Illidan as a kid, but also High Priestess Dejahna and how her former Temple was once a place of peace and worship, but is now being used for such evil.
22/11/2016 19:21Posted by Imildris
This is something neither Liadrin or Vereesa have...they didn't see the many Elves being slaugthered Men, women, children...all being annihilated at the behest of their crazed Queen.

Oh yeah. Liadrin never saw Silvermoon in ruins, never saw the Scourge rampage through Quel'thalas killing men, women and children.
Never saw her own people turned into Scourge minions and Death Knights and used against them.
All ultimately due to the Legion.

And you say I don't know the lore. Go away with your puny little edgelords.
Nobody needs or wants the Demon Hunters.
Was Liadrin born in Suramar? Nope. Did she see the Sundering of Kalimdor? Nope.

And it wasn't King Anastarian who supported the Scourge's efforts. Not like how Azshara supported the Legion's efforts. When Azshara heard that Dejahna was killed, she probably leaped for joy. A woman who was the last beacon of hope for the none-Highborne, killed. If Anasterian heard Liadrin, who was approaching "High Priestess" had fallen, he would probably despair.

That's the point. Tyrande's ruler was not only powerful, she also supported the Legion's efforts. Azshara's ruling, promoted love and I bet, fear amongst the Elves. What did poor Dath'Remar think when he heard that she destroyed Azsuna in one powerful spell? No wonder he was anxious when speaking to Tyrande in Azshara's prison. The power Azshara held...with this new lore, I bet Dath'Remar feared Azshara, because of this power she displayed in Azsuna. Liadrin's ruler did not support the destruction of his realm and he died heroically, for his people. Did Azshara? Nope. Her choice making destroyed Kalimdor and she made a bargain with the Old Gods, despite not deserving this second chance. Anasterian deserved a second chance.
My point is that Liadrin has seen first hand what it's like to lose everything at the hands of the Legion. So that specific point is moot.

As for the rest, well it may be interesting, but all they're having Tyrande do is be a haughty !@#$% about everything.
"Oh oh you bunch of mana addicts oh how this is all soooo beneath me I'm so great."
No, it's not.

What it is, is the following:
"..Inspire the Shal'dorei to resist!"

Are we playing the same game here, because I'm having doubts. The biggest !@#$% of this group is Vereesa. Not Tyrande. Tyrande and Liadrin even work to keep the peace between their armies, because of what the Shal'dorei spies are doing to cause that rouse. No doubt Thalyssra supports these actions as well, but what Liadrin says is completely wrong about knowing the lands of Suramar. She's only just arrived. I'll be going to New Zealand for the first time at the end of the year...shall I just get off the plane and state, "I know this country, I know this land. Every Kiwi is dumb!" It's like Azshara saying she knows the land of Quel'thalas. She doesn't.

What's Vereesa doing? Oh yeah, starting sh!t with Rommath. Yeah cause that's helpful. Thalyssra should send Vereesa packing and call on the Shen'dralar and Mordent instead. Atleast we know that some Shen'dralar work with the Blood Elves, such as the one in the Tailoring shop.

But, from my perspective, I only really like Thalyssra out of them all. This is why I wish Kayn was here. Have my two favourite lore characters in Legion in the same place at the same time. (Well, for a DH, it would be Kayn/Altrius (but who needs that Night Elf coward?!)
Well at least we agree on something with regards to Vereesa and her stinking attitude.

Hell, I'd call on the Tauren before her. They had a stake in the War of the Ancients after all, and Highmountain is right there.
Yes I know they want to make it an elf thing but screw Vereesa.

But as for the Shen'dralar, sure why not. The animosity is exagerrated anyway. Hell there's that one Moon Guard guy who wants to visit Silvermoon.

Anyway, the fact is still that Tyrande is still being haughty and dismissive of Thalyssra and the Nightborne for no real reason, especially after she's already accepted the Highbourne back into regular Kal'dorei society.
It really makes her look like a total schmuck and destroys any potential she might have for character growth there.