Liberate Suramar

Story
Dear developers of WoW,

PLease let us liberate Suramar at the end of this expansion and promote it to capital of the Elves. It is such a beautiful place, that I want to make it my home.

Dear fellow WoW players, please support me in my plea for liberating the most beautiful city of Azeroth.

Regards, Brombeer
I'll second this. I even love the zone music.
oh look another elf lover set on the loose thinking out of his D1ck just because of it is an elf city ? Dear child, get some creativity and forget about cheesy as !@#$ stuff that was invented by Tolkien decades ago, there are way more creative stuff in Warcraft than overused pointy-eared pixies. Damn kids
09/11/2016 01:14Posted by Makavéli
oh look another elf lover set on the loose thinking out of his D1ck just because of it is an elf city ? Dear child, get some creativity and forget about cheesy as !@#$ stuff that was invented by Tolkien decades ago, there are way more creative stuff in Warcraft than overused pointy-eared pixies. Damn kids

Erm, a bit harsh to say the least.

Also, you do realise calling somebody else a child/kid on Warcraft forums does very much make you look a bit.. slow.

I enjoy the Elven theme as there's so much lore around them, with all the different variations of them you can't really ignore it. Looks like a lot of work went into Suramar, it would be a shame to see it forgotten in a couple years, although with all the time that gets spent there it wouldn't surprise me if people got a bit burnt out by it..
09/11/2016 01:32Posted by Dariun
09/11/2016 01:14Posted by Makavéli

Also, you do realise calling somebody else a child/kid on Warcraft forums does very much make you look a bit.. slow.

I enjoy the Elven theme as there's so much lore around them, with all the different variations of them you can't really ignore it. Looks like a lot of work went into Suramar, it would be a shame to see it forgotten in a couple years, although with all the time that gets spent there it wouldn't surprise me if people got a bit burnt out by it..

Mate, i will be polite to you.
First of all, a vast majority of Wow elf fans are those who got pumped up from lotr/hobbit movies, from a view that "öhmgg me gunna be legolas/galadriel/Tauriel!!111 "

Secondly, the good work put in Suramar is not a feat of uncreative Elves of warcraft, but rather the growing marketing of Blizzard entertainment.

Third and most importantly, it would be greatly ignored and downlooked if there was a huge !@# city with Troll/Orc/Ogre/goblin/gnome or what the hell a "non-fair" race you would call. I know that i'm harsh with my statements, i could be more polite, but at some point you really do not care. But it's $%^-*!@ly annoying people just blindly love elfs just because they look cute,have big arses and a #$%^ly written copy pastes of a great work created by Tolkien.

First of all, a vast majority of Wow elf fans are those who got pumped up from lots/hobbit movies, from a view that "öhmgg me gunna be legolas/galadriel!!111 "

Secondly, the good work put in Suramar is not a fear of uncreative Elves of warcraft, but rather the growing marketing of Blizzard entertainment.

Third and most importantly, it would be greatly ignored and downlooked if there was a huge !@# city with Troll/Orc/Ogre/goblin/gnome or what the hell a "non-fair" race you would call. I know that i'm harsh with my statements, i could be more polite, but at some point you really do not care. But it's $%^-*!@ly annoying people just blindly love elfs just because they look cute,have big arses and a #$%^ly written copy pastes of a great work created by Tolkien.

So what you're saying is anybody who likes elves should get slated..

Also i'm 26 and have never seen any of the LOTR films, so your stereotype doesn't really hold merit there.

People can like what they like, their age or personality can't be determined from what race they play, nor do I think with my genitals..

First of all, a vast majority of Wow elf fans are those who got pumped up from lots/hobbit movies, from a view that "öhmgg me gunna be legolas/galadriel!!111 "

Secondly, the good work put in Suramar is not a fear of uncreative Elves of warcraft, but rather the growing marketing of Blizzard entertainment.

So what you're saying is anybody who likes elves should get slated..

Also i'm 26 and have never seen any of the LOTR films, so your stereotype doesn't really hold merit there.

People can like what they like, their age or personality can't be determined from what race they play, nor do I think with my genitals..

And you do not need to take offense from my statements, then. What i've written will be gotten from the particular receivers,as they will detect it in their cheap brains fair quickly. Have a good night.
09/11/2016 01:38Posted by Makavéli
Third and most importantly, it would be greatly ignored and downlooked if there was a huge !@# city with Troll/Orc/Ogre/goblin/gnome or what the hell a "non-fair" race you would call.

Trolls already got a massive city, Zul'drak, an entire zone City - bastion of the Drakkari. Not to mention loads all over like Zul'Aman, Zul'Farak, Zul'Gurub, Zul'dazar

Orcs got a huge city too, Orgrimmar, it's also the horde capital and it has many strongholds, bases and cities all around Azeroth, Outland and Draenei

Ogres got the massive Highmaul

Goblins have an entire island city, it's called Kezan, not to mention Undermine, a ll the steamwheedle cities tc

Gnomes have a huge city Gnomeragan, and their mechagnome progenitors a huge section of Ulduar.

Night Elf group: Darnassus (night elf), Eldre'thalas (Highborne), Suramar (nightborne)
Blood elves: Silvermoon City, Quel'danas Sunwell Plateau and Magister's terrace

Humans: Stormwind, Stratholme, Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Gilneas CIty, Theramore, Dalaran

Dwarves: Ironforge, Grim Batol, Aerie's Peak, Shadowforge City (Dark Iron) -- not to mention all the iron dwarf, twilight highland wildhammer cities, earthern in deepholm and storm peaks

Draenei: Shattrath, Exodar, Auchindouin

Tauren: Thunderbluff, Highmountain, Icemist Village (Taunka)

I think the game can handle a neutral night elven city, where nightborne and night elves of the Broken Isles rule from Suramar and allow those who helped them liberate their ancient city and heal them from the clutches of the Legion and the grip of the nightwell curse are welcome any time to spend sometime with them.

I would love that - it would be a version of the night elves, in a neutral capacity, behaving how we expected the night elf group to behave, above the faction conflict.. afterall Broken isles is full of 10k year old night elven races who've not been part of the horde/alliance nonsense, and have better things to do than fight.

It would also mean Highmountain being neutral too. Or they could make nightborne alliance and highmountain horde, i don't care. It's in the game, it's glamourous, i just want to be able to move around it without "An Illusion! What are you hiding?" "Who goes there?"
Even tho Suramar looks as if a lot of work was put in there (aesthetics), I really want to liberate IT american-style - invade and leave nothing behind. The layout of this city wakes up the worst of me!
I want Suramar back and for Thalyssra to take over it. A Nightborne who can actually be trusted, and preserve the sanctity that was Tyrande's, Illidan's, Malfurion's, Maiev and Jarod's birthplace.

I also think, for all the hard work she is doing, Thalyssra deserves to have Suramar. She is such a cool character in Legion (been my favorite throughout and is overshadowed by Sylvanas and Illidan) and I think she is one who deserves to have her city back and have it restored. With the Arcan'dor, she is now able to travel to Darnassus, Silvermoon, Dalaran etc and see what Azeroth has become and not the ruined world she thought it was, when the magical barrier was conjured by Elisande's Highborne Elders.
09/11/2016 21:15Posted by Amidála
I want Suramar back and for Thalyssra to take over it. A Nightborne who can actually be trusted, and preserve the sanctity that was Tyrande's, Illidan's, Malfurion's, Maiev and Jarod's birthplace.

I also think, for all the hard work she is doing, Thalyssra deserves to have Suramar. She is such a cool character in Legion (been my favorite throughout and is overshadowed by Sylvanas and Illidan) and I think she is one who deserves to have her city back and have it restored. With the Arcan'dor, she is now able to travel to Darnassus, Silvermoon, Dalaran etc and see what Azeroth has become and not the ruined world she thought it was, when the magical barrier was conjured by Elisande's Highborne Elders.

Agreed, it's amazing how night elves get an amazing city and a cool upgrade in the nightborne, and everyone feels it should belong to everyone - beautiful silvermoon belongs to the Thalassian group, beautiful SUramar belongs to the night group, and they should have their city. Cool if they're open to all, cool also if they decide only night elves belong and no one else - it's their city
10/11/2016 00:31Posted by Evynstar
Cool if they're open to all, cool also if they decide only night elves belong and no one else - it's their city

If Suramar would be open to Elves, only, now that would be a dramatic turn of events. A place were it says "non-Elven (including Human) races only by prior invitation", lore would finally have created that place where a reconcilliation of Elves could take place.

Blizz' lore team has been hinting at that possibility by establishing the Unseen Path at the Hunters' Lodge, where its said path was re-establihsed by a bond between the High Elves, Blood Elves and Night Elves. Althopugh all races have access to the Trueshot Lodge, it is by the vows of these three Elven (sub) races that the Unseen Path has be revived.

Suramar, would take this one step further by allowing/inviting all Elves to come together and maybe even form a Confederacy of Elves. Suramar would be a befitting place as it reaches back in time to when Elves were but one race.

First of all, a vast majority of Wow elf fans are those who got pumped up from lotr/hobbit movies, from a view that "öhmgg me gunna be legolas/galadriel/Tauriel!!111 "

Secondly, the good work put in Suramar is not a feat of uncreative Elves of warcraft, but rather the growing marketing of Blizzard entertainment.

Where are your statistics?
The large majority of elf players in WoW were not hyped by Tolkien, but by Warcraft 3, which gave a very different take on Tolkien's rendition of elves.
Tolkien's elves were frankly boring.
10/11/2016 20:35Posted by Moonspear

The large majority of elf players in WoW were not hyped by Tolkien, but by Warcraft 3, which gave a very different take on Tolkien's rendition of elves.

1. Nice joke. Most people learn the existence of warcraft 3 after wow, besides warcraft were played mostly for its good competitive gameplay. If you watch some youtube videos , most oldie wc 3 players dont know a !@#$ about wow.

2. It's your taste, tolkien is the creator of "elves" in today's fantasy sense after all. Night elves were created by its influence like any other elves, the only difference is "druidism" and they are having darker skin.
09/11/2016 14:54Posted by Evynstar
Third and most importantly, it would be greatly ignored and downlooked if there was a huge !@# city with Troll/Orc/Ogre/goblin/gnome or what the hell a "non-fair" race you would call.

Trolls already got a massive city, Zul'drak, an entire zone City - bastion of the Drakkari. Not to mention loads all over like Zul'Aman, Zul'Farak, Zul'Gurub, Zul'dazar

Orcs got a huge city too, Orgrimmar, it's also the horde capital and it has many strongholds, bases and cities all around Azeroth, Outland and Draenei

Ogres got the massive Highmaul

Goblins have an entire island city, it's called Kezan, not to mention Undermine, a ll the steamwheedle cities tc

Gnomes have a huge city Gnomeragan, and their mechagnome progenitors a huge section of Ulduar.

Night Elf group: Darnassus (night elf), Eldre'thalas (Highborne), Suramar (nightborne)
Blood elves: Silvermoon City, Quel'danas Sunwell Plateau and Magister's terrace

Humans: Stormwind, Stratholme, Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Gilneas CIty, Theramore, Dalaran

Dwarves: Ironforge, Grim Batol, Aerie's Peak, Shadowforge City (Dark Iron) -- not to mention all the iron dwarf, twilight highland wildhammer cities, earthern in deepholm and storm peaks

Draenei: Shattrath, Exodar, Auchindouin

Tauren: Thunderbluff, Highmountain, Icemist Village (Taunka)

I think the game can handle a neutral night elven city, where nightborne and night elves of the Broken Isles rule from Suramar and allow those who helped them liberate their ancient city and heal them from the clutches of the Legion and the grip of the nightwell curse are welcome any time to spend sometime with them.

I would love that - it would be a version of the night elves, in a neutral capacity, behaving how we expected the night elf group to behave, above the faction conflict.. afterall Broken isles is full of 10k year old night elven races who've not been part of the horde/alliance nonsense, and have better things to do than fight.

It would also mean Highmountain being neutral too. Or they could make nightborne alliance and highmountain horde, i don't care. It's in the game, it's glamourous, i just want to be able to move around it without "An Illusion! What are you hiding?" "Who goes there?"

And yet noone cried about "oh mai gad that neutral/hostile city looks awesum plxxx forgive them" just because they were not elves and didnt function as eye candies to some cumbersomes.

Anyway i'm done here talking to some irresistable fanboys who are apparently quite numerous here. Have your own wonderful land lol
11/11/2016 00:37Posted by Makavéli
<span class="truncated">...</span>

1. Nice joke. Most people learn the existence of warcraft 3 after wow, besides warcraft were played mostly for its good competitive gameplay. If you watch some youtube videos , most oldie wc 3 players dont know a !@#$ about wow.

2. It's your taste, tolkien is the creator of "elves" in today's fantasy sense after all. Night elves were created by its influence like any other elves, the only difference is "druidism" and they are having darker skin.

1.bulls**t. You have no evidence whatsoever of this. Maybe it's just your personal experience.

2. I can list a number of differences between Warcraft 3 elves and Tolkien elves besides freaking druidism (which is hardly a point-tolkien elves were also close to nature) but I don't have time for right now. You are being extremely short-sighted if you cannot see the differences.
3. Liking Tolkien elves and liking Warcraft elves for different reasons are not mutually exclusive.

4. Every race was pretty much inspired by fantasy literature. Doesn't mean there aren't stark differences. Elves are hardly the exception in this regard.
08/11/2016 19:13Posted by Thordottir
Dear developers of WoW,

PLease let us liberate Suramar at the end of this expansion and promote it to capital of the Elves. It is such a beautiful place, that I want to make it my home.

Dear fellow WoW players, please support me in my plea for liberating the most beautiful city of Azeroth.

Regards, Brombeer

Indeed, Bloodelves deserve to be with their similarly magic crazed brethren.

Nightelves on the other hand wouldn't leave their druidic tree and don't really tolerate arcane users.

Leave it neutral. And to the person who listed a bunch of Troll cities "we have"... they are various enemy troll cities, not ours. We trolls don't actually have our own city AT ALL.
suramar city and dalaran should merg after legion, in to one super neutral capital for all races realy.
11/11/2016 21:05Posted by Waleria
suramar city and dalaran should merg after legion, in to one super neutral capital for all races realy.

With that constellation, no doubt Khadgar would pull everything under human control, once again.

Furthermore, it's like merging ancient and modern times. These cultures are totally different. The Elven races are long-lived, Humans short-lived (like most other races, except the Draenei), just for starters. Their ideologies are not really compatible to make for a harmonious every-day get-together. One race would have to give to make that happen ... and experience tells us it wouldn't be the Human race on Azeroth.

From all the playable races on Azeroth, the Elves and the Trolls are divided races. So let Suramar be the cornerstone for an all Elven city, uniting (and reconciliating) all classes/sub-races of Elves under one roof, and thereby paving the road for a Troll re-unification, (an) expansion(s) later?

Let the Humans keep Dalaran and do with it as they please.
Liberating Suramar might also provide a new home for the Shen'dralar Highborne. They won't be watched constantly as they are in Darnassus which would be great and Mordent Evenshade could be, alongside Thalyssra, a ruling governor and representative of the Shen'dralar.