Bolvar and Legion speculation

Story
My speculation refers to Bolvar Foldragon as the new Lich King joining with the scourge against the Legion's armies. Would be an interesting addition as the army of Azeroth can be overrun by the countless number of demons, also Kael'Thas and Kil'Jaeden still stand as two additional, adjuvant roles behind this invasion.
Seems like an interesting addition that would play a prime role in this conflict, maybe take the fight to Argus, The Legion's hotspot itself?
Kael'thas is dead. And he is also a joke all over the community, so no he won't be brought back.
And the speculation you bring up, I among many, many others also posted similar thought's before.

The Lich King has already begun his campaign against the Legion. With a mind so vast as him, he schemes alot. And has already chosen his targets well, all Death Knight's are sent out on black ops missions to take out all of the Dreadlords, especially the most powerful ones.
Without the Legion number one tacticians and infiltrators, they will surely fall.
It worked before so why wouldn't it work now?

The Lich King has shares memories with Ner'zhul, so he knows damn well about the Dreadlords and how important they are to Kil'jaeden.
10/11/2016 17:37Posted by Sylaz
Kael'thas is dead. And he is also a joke all over the community, so no he won't be brought back.

He can't be brought back anyway because his head was chopped off.
10/11/2016 18:01Posted by Belfara

Never stopped Onyxia
His head was merely a setback.
The Lich King has already begun his campaign against the Legion. With a mind so vast as him, he schemes alot. And has already chosen his targets well, all Death Knight's are sent out on black ops missions to take out all of the Dreadlords, especially the most powerful ones.

We can see that he is very clever indeed, sending those Death knights to the Lights hope chapel, forcing Darion to make asacrifice so he could become a Horseman...i mean that is quite damn smart.
His current power may not be known, but he sure has the scheming ability Nerz''hul had, heck even Arthas wasn't that good as LK.

As the story goes now, i have a feeling that Bolvar and perhaps the Death Knights will have a big role to play in the future, i just have that feeling in my gut.
11/11/2016 11:00Posted by Bjaxoldo
10/11/2016 18:01Posted by Belfara

Never stopped Onyxia

Onyxia had bones left, considering Kael'thas died 5/6 years before Legion, i'd say only dust is left of him.
11/11/2016 14:38Posted by Belfara
Onyxia had bones left, considering Kael'thas died 5/6 years before Legion, i'd say only dust is left of him.

It takes a LOT longer than that for a corpse to become dust.
11/11/2016 14:58Posted by Nulathi
11/11/2016 14:38Posted by Belfara

It takes a LOT longer than that for a corpse to become dust.

Considering he was completely infused with Fel, and Fel is known for corrupting an individual's body for the worst, i'd say real life logic doesn't apply there. How would you explain then Mannoroth's insanely fast decomposition in WoD?
Furthermore, why would the Legion be interested in Kael'thas? He already failed twice, so he isn't very promising, and he has no support left, also it would be a waste of resources to invade Quel'danas just to raise him. Besides the Legion, nobody would want Kael'thas back.
Hmm, how about forget all crap that blizz did with kael'thas, say that it was a separat timeline and he still lifes and can be a great actor like he should suppose to be?

just a thought kappa
Would be more interesting if they kill Bolvar off and return Ner'zhul, he actually has history with the Legion.
11/11/2016 15:47Posted by Ironhoof
Would be more interesting if they kill Bolvar off and return Ner'zhul, he actually has history with the Legion.

I completely support that ! :P Nerzhul was the truth mastermind, the true Lich King, being with unmeasurable power, until a weakling called Arthas took the place :P
11/11/2016 20:23Posted by Nortos
Nerzhul was the truth mastermind, the true Lich King, being with unmeasurable power, until a weakling called Arthas took the place :P

If Ner'zhul was so strong, he would have foreseen Arthas' betrayal, instead Arthas was not only able to backstab Ner'zhul, but also to destroy his spirit and become the dominant personality in the Lich King. He is by no means a "weakling", because he actually vanquished Ner'zhul on his own.

Arthas' big mistake was his arrogance. But when you control thousands of Undead servants and are a Demigod, everyone would be arrogant. Ner'zhul too was arrogant, because he thought Arthas would just be his servant for eternity.

And please, this "unmeasurable power" which you speak of would be easily crushed by the Legion. The Legion not only vastly outnumbers the Scourge, but are also immune to ressurection and possess far more advanced technologies than the Scourge. Ner'zhul was not the "god" you think he is, he was a pathetic Orc who couldn't even keep in check his underling Arthas.
11/11/2016 20:52Posted by Belfara
instead Arthas was not only able to backstab Ner'zhul, but also to destroy his spirit and become the dominant personality in the Lich King. He is by no means a "weakling", because he actually vanquished Ner'zhul on his own.

You sure about this? Im no expert on lore but from what I see myself it looks like Nerzhul is the one "talking". In one quest in howling fjord he says "Shamanism has brought you here... Its scent permeates the air. I was once a shaman." like why would arthas say that? Also nothing he says or does really points to arthas having any control except raising Invincible from the grave.
12/11/2016 00:07Posted by Javool
You sure about this? Im no expert on lore but from what I see myself it looks like Nerzhul is the one "talking". In one quest in howling fjord he says "Shamanism has brought you here... Its scent permeates the air. I was once a shaman." like why would arthas say that?

When Arthas consumed the spirit of Ner'zhul, he also inherited all his memories, hence he claimed he was once a Shaman.

Blizzard confirmed several times Ner'zhul is done and Arthas erased his spirit like it's stated in his novel. So even if in the game it's not very clear who is in charge of the Lich King, we know thanks to Blizzard that Arthas did prevail over Ner'zhul, so that "weakling" is not that weak and that "being with unmeasurable powers" is not so invincible.

We are talking about Death Knight Arthas of course, the entity who destroyed both Ner'zhul's spirit and Matthias Lehner's spirit.
11/11/2016 20:23Posted by Nortos
Nerzhul was the truth mastermind, the true Lich King, being with unmeasurable power, until a weakling called Arthas took the place :P

If Ner'zhul was so strong, he would have foreseen Arthas' betrayal, instead Arthas was not only able to backstab Ner'zhul, but also to destroy his spirit and become the dominant personality in the Lich King. He is by no means a "weakling", because he actually vanquished Ner'zhul on his own.

Arthas' big mistake was his arrogance. But when you control thousands of Undead servants and are a Demigod, everyone would be arrogant. Ner'zhul too was arrogant, because he thought Arthas would just be his servant for eternity.

And please, this "unmeasurable power" which you speak of would be easily crushed by the Legion. The Legion not only vastly outnumbers the Scourge, but are also immune to ressurection and possess far more advanced technologies than the Scourge. Ner'zhul was not the "god" you think he is, he was a pathetic Orc who couldn't even keep in check his underling Arthas.

would say u had a good head canon there if u had one kek
12/11/2016 00:12Posted by Belfara
When Arthas consumed the spirit of Ner'zhul, he also inherited all his memories, hence he claimed he was once a Shaman.

The point lies in the part ''i was once a shaman'', meaning even if Arthas got his memories, saying that would make absolutely no sense, because he wasn't a shaman, Nerzhul was. And your claim of him destroying his spirit is nothing but a headcanon, especially since Legion and DK campaign hints otherwise at the moment.

And please, this "unmeasurable power" which you speak of would be easily crushed by the Legion.

You're showing blunt idiocy, ..as quite often, its already solid in the very roots of the lore, the Lich King entity is a spectral being with unfathomable power, or in different words, unmeasurable, who, over time grew in power gradually, enough so that Kil'jaeden himself was beginning to consider him a threat. Is that surprising? No. Lich King has always been known for his unlimited mental prowess, entering one's mind like an open book, a master manipulator...similar to, quite frankly, Kil'jaeden.

''Crushed by the Legion'', a clear sign you have no clue. Are you playing the current expansion? Deathlord is tearing demons apart and the Horsemen are leaving ashes behind legion armies and will do the same for dreadlords because that is their goal. The burning legion is powerful, but do not overestimate them, Azerothians have repelled them many times already and emerged stronger than before.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

would say u had a good head canon there if u had one kek

You are conveniently ignoring the statements of Blizzard itself on the argument. That's not my head canon <3

12/11/2016 09:47Posted by Nortos
The point lies in the part ''i was once a shaman'', meaning even if Arthas got his memories, saying that would make absolutely no sense, because he wasn't a shaman, Nerzhul was.

Arthas probably considered himself a superior being. Yes, he was in charge of the Lich King, but by retaining Ner'zhul's memories, he had become more than just a Human. He said that line because he was proud of his new powers, he said that because of sheer arrogance. He basically told you "Hey, im no longer Human, im a superior being".

And your claim of him destroying his spirit is nothing but a headcanon

"The situation was clarified in Ask CDev #2, which confirmed that Ner'zhul and Arthas had separate reigns as the Lich King:

Q. The "There must always be a Lich King" mantra seemed awfully suspicious, coming from ghosts trapped in Frostmourne. Was there something else going on there?
A. To save people from generating elaborate conspiracy theories, we'll be serious for a moment and say, definitively, no. The ghosts of Uther and Terenas understood that the Scourge would run rampant without someone to keep them in check. Yes, that does also mean that Arthas and Ner'zhul were not unleashing the full force of the Scourge during their respective reigns: you are welcome to speculate on the reasons for that."

"Q. Okay, my friend and I are at each other's throats over this. Is Ner'zhul's spirit destroyed canonically or not?
A. So it seems per the Arthas novel (p. 307). :)"

As you can see, this is not my head canon. It's incredible how Ner'zhul's fanboys twist times and times again Blizzard's word to somewhat fit THEIR headcanon.

You're showing blunt idiocy, ..as quite often, its already solid in the very roots of the lore, the Lich King entity is a spectral being with unfathomable power, or in different words, unmeasurable, who, over time grew in power gradually, enough so that Kil'jaeden himself was beginning to consider him a threat. Is that surprising? No. Lich King has always been known for his unlimited mental prowess, entering one's mind like an open book, a master manipulator...similar to, quite frankly, Kil'jaeden.

''Crushed by the Legion'', a clear sign you have no clue. Are you playing the current expansion? Deathlord is tearing demons apart and the Horsemen are leaving ashes behind legion armies and will do the same for dreadlords because that is their goal. The burning legion is powerful, but do not overestimate them, Azerothians have repelled them many times already and emerged stronger than before.

Let me tell you why your precious husbando Ner'zhul is nothing against the Legion.

First of all, Ner'zhul must conquer all of Azeroth if he even hopes to have a chance against the Legion. This means defeating both the Alliance and the Horde, AND the Old Gods. The latter are very probably immune to Undeath, so the Scourge's advantage would be negated by the Old Gods. So, while Ner'zhul could in theory defeat both Alliance and Horde (which is very difficult to say, since he was holding back the Scourge and not unleashing it to its full potential), he'd also have to defeat N'zoth, C'thun and Yogg Saron too.

If Ner'zhul is indeed somehow able to defeat the 3 Old Gods on his own (this includes their minions like Deathwing and Azshara), then how can he stop the Legion? Ner'zhul will have suffered many casualties against the Old Gods, because their servants are immune to Undeath. Furthermore, Ner'zhul would have to fight against thousands of other worlds, spaceships, and creatures who are definitely stronger and superior than him, such as Kil'jaeden, Archimonde and Sargeras himself.

The only way Ner'zhul can stop the Legion, is by conquering Argus. Because only then, can the Legion truly stop, otherwise they just come back. But:

A) How can Ner'zhul invade Argus? He doesn't have any spaceship at all (No, Necropolis such as Naxxramas are not spaceships, because nowhere is it stated they can travel in space), the Demons are immune to Undeath (so Ner'zhul will not be able to replenish his armies if he does arrive on Argus) and the Legion leaders are definitely more cunning and powerful than Ner'zhul. An Orc is not smarter than a 25.000+ years old Eredar lord, that's pretty obvious.

And just because Kil'jaeden considered Ner'zhul a threat, it means Ner'zhul can now defeat the Legion by conquering Argus all by himself? That's some nice head canon you have there.

Furthermore, Ner'zhul without Arthas is NOTHING. Arthas is the one who defeat Ner'zhul's enemies. If Ner'zhul is without Arthas, he is just a vulnerable spirit who can be damaged. And we are not counting Sargeras, who of course can just cleave Azeroth in two and instantly destroy your husbando Ner'zhul.

And as confirmed by Blizzard, Ner'zhul wouldn't even unleash the full potential of the Scourge.

Sorry, Ner'zhul is nowhere near the power of the Legion. Ner'zhul was almost defeated by a coalition of Naga and Blood Elves. Arthas couldn't even conquer all of Azeroth. The Legion has already destroyed thousands of worlds. It's obvious which is the strongest and which is the weakest of the two.
Deathlord is tearing demons apart and the Horsemen are leaving ashes behind legion armies and will do the same for dreadlords because that is their goal.

Because OBVIOUSLY the Ebon Hold is the only one doing something against the Legion. So we are conveniently ignoring the Kirin Tor, the Unseen Path, The Horde, The Alliance, the Silver Hand, The Army of the Light, The Wardens etc...

The Death Knights are not alone against the Legion. Let's see how much they endure if they ARE alone.
If Ner'zhul was so strong, he would have foreseen Arthas' betrayal, instead Arthas was not only able to backstab Ner'zhul

Again, many of the things said in books, but that contradicts the ingame lore.
It's not only about the Arthas book, it's toons of it in every one.
The writers get free hands and do things that the DEV's hadn't planned.

Blizzard knows what they are doing when building a story, so when they implemented the Shaman speach from the Lich King, it was to show that Ner'zhul was very much there.

But back on topic, Ner'zhul could not control his true visioning, like any other Farseer, it comes to them. It cannot be forced. So stop your lame attempts at name and shame Ner'zhul, the Lich King. Since most people on the forums does not share your critics about him, maybe because the Lich King ordered Quel'thalas purge and almost exterminated you. Get over it.

The Lich King is still the greatest Warcraft villain by far, this is facts. The whole expansion brought WoW to it's peak.
Since when has any enemy during our time done even anywhere near the damage the Scourge did? Three kingdoms and kings dead, countless of lives lost and raised, some not even raised just killed.

Your attempts are lame.
12/11/2016 11:38Posted by Ernstx
Again, many of the things said in books, but that contradicts the ingame lore.

And again, it does not matter, because Blizzard said many times the book is canon, not what you saw in-game, deal with it.

12/11/2016 11:38Posted by Ernstx
The Lich King is still the greatest Warcraft villain by far, this is facts.

That's your opinion, my favourite villain in WoW is Kil'jaeden and, arguably, Sylvanas. The Lich King in WC3 was cool, the Lich King in WotlK was a complete retard who couldn't even take logical decisions if they were slapped in his face.