Legendary bad luck question

General
1 2 3 12 Next
Hi, at this point I'm starting to wonder: on my dk I am at 862 item level, sure, not very high for the moment, but when I inspect people pretty much everyone around this item level has a legendary or more.

So what I'm curious about is: is there anyone else who didn't get a legendary yet at 862 item level or higher?

Doesn't matter if now you have it, it's mostly to see the max item level people have been without before getting one.
your item level has nothing to do with you getting a legendary.
Your time played matters, but more important how many mythic+ dungeons, raid bosses, world quest caches you've done.

There is bad luck protection though. Blizzard even said in 7.1 they increased the chance for people who haven't gotten a legendary yet. You're just extra unlucky.
16/11/2016 17:03Posted by Ixenn
your item level has nothing to do with you getting a legendary.
Your time played matters, but more important how many mythic+ dungeons, raid bosses, world quest caches you've done.

There is bad luck protection though. Blizzard even said in 7.1 they increased the chance for people who haven't gotten a legendary yet. You're just extra unlucky.

I know all of this and my question stands: to get a certain item level you need to raid too, I got there with some hc, normal, lfr, mythic base, emissary cache, 862, no legendary.

So again, anyone had to get higher before getting it?
Self-answer for now: saw a monk in the other thread with a few normal raid kills and A LOT of mythic + dungeon kills with 868 item level who didn't get it yet.

So that would be the highest so far.

Anyone higher?

Notice how after all, every 870 + we inspect has one or more!
Got legendary on my 12 hours played DH from a battleground , there is no bad/good luck protection , it's just luck. And we are talking about 12 hours from creation , which is pretty much i created it this sunday , monday i was playing a bit and on tuesday i got the legendary , approximately 3 days.
If you check patch notes, Dezzmon, you will see there is bad luck protection instead.

Thing is, imagine legendary drop rate from a given activity is 0,01%, a bad luck protection adding 0,01% each failed attempt gives like nothing.

Also they said they increased drop rate in 7.1 in the notes.

So again, I'm NOT talking about lucky ones who get it at first attempt, it's normal that someone will be so lucky with millions of players, I'm talking of how FEW PEOPLE still don't have legendaries at item levels around 860 or higher, armory everyone, 99% has it.
16/11/2016 17:45Posted by Esploratore
Self-answer for now: saw a monk in the other thread with a few normal raid kills and A LOT of mythic + dungeon kills with 868 item level who didn't get it yet.

So that would be the highest so far.

Anyone higher?

Notice how after all, every 870 + we inspect has one or more!

A lot of us have legendaries that we would never use becuase they are just bad.
If you spend a bit of time you will probably get one though the system is random so there will be people that never get one no matter how much they play or how good they are.

It's just a horrible system that Blizzard for some reason is dead set on having in the game despite the fact that very few if anyone likes the way it works.
17/11/2016 01:06Posted by Demigon

If you spend a bit of time you will probably get one though the system is random so there will be people that never get one no matter how much they play or how good they are.

It's just a horrible system that Blizzard for some reason is dead set on having in the game despite the fact that very few if anyone likes the way it works.

Yes, it's a problem cause when you have millions of players there's some actual chance someone might not get it over the course of the expansion, UNLESS the bad luck protection is strong enough to bring it to realistic drop rates, but again, we have no precise info from blizzard, at all.
I have 1 legendary on my main .. not a good one , but ok , it dropped.
I have 1 legendary on my main healer .. not the best but not bad.
I'm in the middle of the lucky bunch.

What is real blizz humor though , my bank/alch toon has .. 3 !!! , 1 best in slot, and the 2 soap ones , although the stats are ok'ish for it.
So the story 'the more you play ,spam content etc' is not true :P

Now i'm affraid to log my alchemist .. the 4th one might be just waiting around the corner and my mains can wave goodbye to their 'chance' to see a good one.
16/11/2016 17:03Posted by Ixenn

No there is not. Increasing the rate is not bad luck protection it's increasing the rate.
I'm not even ilevel 850 yet but the 7.1 hit I got legendary legs from the WQ turn in for highmountain so they are there
Just wanted to drop in to say that Ilvl isn't anything.
Getting high ilvl isn't hard. Getting high ilvl with right stats, tháts hard.
But yes, most above 860 got legendaries too
Don't have one yet, but then I don't do mythics. Done every emissary to date though, and stepping up the raid finder trawling now. Imma gon git 'un!

Currently that last research in class hall is borderline trolling, why in the name of the High Hells would I want to waste 20k resources on being able to equip two legendaries when I don't even have one...
17/11/2016 01:30Posted by Esploratore
17/11/2016 01:06Posted by Demigon

Yes, it's a problem cause when you have millions of players there's some actual chance someone might not get it over the course of the expansion, UNLESS the bad luck protection is strong enough to bring it to realistic drop rates, but again, we have no precise info from blizzard, at all.

But again though, if you get a bad one, the system will be like "Cool, that person got on". Only problem here is that half of the items are never worth equipping so thoes people will never stand a chance against the players that got good ones.

"Bad luck protection" won't fix the problem at all, it'll just make the system even more furstrating for people that got bad legendaries.

Legendaries needs to go away or you need to be able to target the ones that are mandatory at this point.
Hey all,

I'd just like to clear up a common misconception I've seen come up a lot in of recent discussions regarding Legendaries.

In short:

Your total time /played and average item level has no bearing on your chances of obtaining a Legendary.

To be a little more specific:

Player A and Player B could both have exactly 10 days of /played at level 110 and neither of them have a Legendary yet.

Player A has spent most of that time idling in Dalaran or their Order Hall, simply kicking it by the water cooler in guild chat or trade chat. Beyond doing their daily Emissary Cache and a Mythic Dungeon here or there, they don't really do that much in the way of Legendary-eligible content. Now, Player A could get very lucky with their next Emissary Cache and get a Legendary, but they'd be a statistical outlier in this scenario.

Player B, on the other hand, has spent the majority of their time doing Legendary-eligible content. They do their daily Emissary Cache, clear Emerald Nightmare each week, do a Random Legion Heroic Dungeon regularly and participate in a lot of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeon runs to help out their friends etc.

At this point in time Player B's chance of getting a Legendary will be much higher than that of Player A. As Player B has participated in far more Legendary-eligible content, their bad luck protection will be ramping up and increasing their chances of a getting a Legendary from their next run of Legendary-eligible content. Hence the saying "if you do the content, the Legendaries will come."
18/11/2016 14:45Posted by Aerythlea
Hey all,

I'd just like to clear up a common misconception I've seen come up a lot in of recent discussions regarding Legendaries.

In short:

Your total time /played and average item level has no bearing on your chances of obtaining a Legendary.

To be a little more specific:

Player A and Player B could both have exactly 10 days of /played at level 110 and neither of them have a Legendary yet.

Player A has spent most of that time idling in Dalaran or their Order Hall, simply kicking it by the water cooler in guild chat or trade chat. Beyond doing their daily Emissary Cache and a Mythic Dungeon here or there, they don't really do that much in the way of Legendary-eligible content. Now, Player A could get very lucky with their next Emissary Cache and get a Legendary, but they'd be a statistical outlier in this scenario.

Player B, on the other hand, has spent the majority of their time doing Legendary-eligible content. They do their daily Emissary Cache, clear Emerald Nightmare each week, do a Random Legion Heroic Dungeon regularly and participate in a lot of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeon runs to help out their friends etc.

At this point in time Player B's chance of getting a Legendary will be much higher than that of Player A. As Player B has participated in far more Legendary-eligible content, their bad luck protection will be ramping up and increasing their chances of a getting a Legendary from their next run of Legendary-eligible content. Hence the saying "if you do the content, the Legendaries will come."

Then player A gets BiS legendaries, while Player B gets the !@#$ tier legendaries that are totally useless. Fast forward some time, Player A and Player B both try to get the same spot in a raid. Of course, player A gets picked because he has better legendaries that actually increase his performance.
Are you admitting the 'softcap' at 4 legendaries yet?

It's very clear that once you get your 4th there's a massive drop in probability.

I know of a single instance (including all the people on MMO- talking about their guildies) of someone with 5. But, he had 3 before the 'bug' was fixed.

PS. Guy World 2nd, 1100 M+ etc has 4 as well.
A fairly large group of people in my guild has Prydaz. Should be a 1 in 8 chance to get it. Thus 15% of all. Though its closer to 30%+. Thats a significant statistic error.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the system, since blizz is being silent about it.
No problems at all.