How To Stop Toy Harassment?

General
Hello... For over 3 weeks now, I've logged into a certain roleplay character which would get stalked by the same player every time, and they keep spamming the foot ball/pigskin toy on me, non-stop. I waited to see how long they would do it for before they got bored and they went on for 37 minutes until I mounted up.... they will pretty much always appear, and they're doing it from a 100 trial character from another connected realm, but I know their main is on my realm... I think it's because I tried to Roleplay with them once and they took it badly, so... they haven't let it go, and I can't ask/reason with them, I tried but they have me on ignore.

They're disturbing my Roleplay all the time and I am tempted to actually delete my character even though I'm not one to fall for harassment, but what else can I do to prevent the toy spam? I can mount up but it breaks my Roleplay.

I could report them for harassment but then I'd need to take a lot of different screenshots of every incident, for evidence right? and even if they got a short ban for it, they'll most definitely continue after the ban because they're.. that kind of person unfortunately.

Is there a way to disable the effect of the toy being used on me? because the noise and the animation kinda gives me a headache after 10 minutes. Maybe there's some way?
30/11/2016 00:38Posted by Crowsdescend
I think it's because I tried to Roleplay with them once and they took it badly

You mean ERP with them?
If I'm gonna make you a turkey you damn well gobble for me!
They're disturbing my Roleplay all the time and I am tempted to actually delete my character even though I'm not one to fall for harassment, but what else can I do to prevent the toy spam? I can mount up but it breaks my Roleplay.

Report them for harassment (on an RP server.)
My opinion is leave Argent Dawn and go to Moonglade or Shatar. These realms have nicer people and they're not erp autistic hives.
30/11/2016 02:43Posted by Juicybabe
My opinion is leave Argent Dawn and go to Moonglade or Shatar. These realms have nicer people and they're not erp autistic hives.
I take offence to this... Not all of us erpers are hives.
Hello... For over 3 weeks now, I've logged into a certain roleplay character which would get stalked by the same player every time, and they keep spamming the foot ball/pigskin toy on me, non-stop. I waited to see how long they would do it for before they got bored and they went on for 37 minutes until I mounted up.... they will pretty much always appear, and they're doing it from a 100 trial character from another connected realm, but I know their main is on my realm... I think it's because I tried to Roleplay with them once and they took it badly, so... they haven't let it go, and I can't ask/reason with them, I tried but they have me on ignore.

I could report them for harassment but then I'd need to take a lot of different screenshots of every incident, for evidence right? and even if they got a short ban for it, they'll most definitely continue after the ban because they're.. that kind of person unfortunately.

Is there a way to disable the effect of the toy being used on me? because the noise and the animation kinda gives me a headache after 10 minutes. Maybe there's some way?

It seems like they see you log on. They're probably on your friends list or in your guild... Just guessing. If you have a hunch who it is, you could just remove them from your friends list. Maybe it helps...

Another option, although a bit cumbersome, would be to put your empty bags in your backsack and fill up all remaining space in your remaining bags with whatever (consumables, drinks, whatever). If you don't have space in your bags, you can't receive the ball/zeppelin/disc/whatever.
Neural silencer stops some toys, i dont know how many, would be nice if it stops all toys from working on you, then you have a choice
I guess neural silencer does not work for that, maybe that can be suggested to include "not targetable of toys", the point of that item is to remove annoyances.

I wonder if there is other ways to mark you "too busy for toys" than mounting up :/

Edit: Dang, someone was before me :p
Report them, they probably get a short ban. If this does not stop him/her, report again to let them get a longer ban etc.
This toy can indeed be extremely annoying, it's much too easy to exploit for trolling purposes.

One easy way for Blizzard to fix this would be to change the toy to require being in a group with the target.
Haha, I genuinely smiled reading this! Getting bullied by a toy hahaha hahaha hahaha;,,,,,,,,,)[ul][/ul]

the neural silencer works to prevent this i think
Or if you get a chance log in a couple of hours before your play session and go do dinner, watch TV, etc. He will stand there for whatever time harassing your character with no reaction from you, repeat a for a few days and hopefully you'll make him waste a good few hours of his time for nothing.
He will soon get bored and move on.